Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

8 hours ago, Hex Universe said:

LAS VEGAS ACES PRESS CONFERENCE

Answer these 6 questions for 2 Capped TPE.

To claim link your response and go to "Claim Capped" -> "Press Conference". You can claim this PC for this week or next week.

1. It's now the off-season, what have each of y'all been doing as of late?

Nothing at moment.

2. The Yukon Rush won the Founder's Cup! How did they celebrate their achievement?              No idea.

3. The VHLE has it's teams! Which team are you most excited for?

I'm pretty excited for the Paris Revolution.

4. Will you be trying out for any upcoming VHLE job openings?

At the moment no but maybe sometime later I will.

5. The Las Vegas Aces just got a new corporate sponsor, which business is it?

I haven't heard anything about a new sponsor but ill be sure to ask. 

6. What is your goal as a player for the upcoming S79 campaign?

Hopefully win the founders cup and maybe try getting into the VHL.

Edited by Peter Hildebrandt

• 2 weeks later...

1196285774_LVABanner2.png.1253019f44be5e2ec580bb0db1d7b2f9.png.136987ef0cc0f99d93785fdfdbc9abc5.png

:veg:  Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

Answer these questions for 2 Capped TPE

To claim: Capped TPE -> Press Conferences and link your response to this weeks presser

18/7 - 25/7

1. The regular season is on the horizon! Vegas is looking to bounce back after a rather dismal season, how excited are you in helping bring us back to glory?
  2. Vegas has a motto of "TRADE THE PICKS, TRUST THE PROCESS." A motto which involves trading most of our future draft picks for a win now scenario. Is this a good motto? Is this a good mentality? (Keep in mind that we've already lost our 1st and 2nd round pick for next season :kekw: )
  3.  What do you think our team's strengths and weaknesses are? What would you do in order to improve on our weaknesses?
  4. This is the last season before the VHLE is set to debut! Are you excited for the VHLE? How would it effect both the VHL and the VHLM?
  5. The Las Vegas Aces have not won a cup since S64. Is it time we finally break that cup drought?
  6. Which do you prefer? Tea, hot chocolate, or coffee?

3 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1196285774_LVABanner2.png.1253019f44be5e2ec580bb0db1d7b2f9.png.136987ef0cc0f99d93785fdfdbc9abc5.png

To claim: Capped TPE -> Press Conferences and link your response to this weeks presser

18/7 - 25/7

1. The regular season is on the horizon! Vegas is looking to bounce back after a rather dismal season, how excited are you in helping bring us back to glory?
  2. Vegas has a motto of "TRADE THE PICKS, TRUST THE PROCESS." A motto which involves trading most of our future draft picks for a win now scenario. Is this a good motto? Is this a good mentality? (Keep in mind that we've already lost our 1st and 2nd round pick for next season :kekw: )
  3.  What do you think our team's strengths and weaknesses are? What would you do in order to improve on our weaknesses?
  4. This is the last season before the VHLE is set to debut! Are you excited for the VHLE? How would it effect both the VHL and the VHLM?
  5. The Las Vegas Aces have not won a cup since S64. Is it time we finally break that cup drought?

1.  I'm looking forward to showing good defense so I can potentially get into the playoffs.

2. I think it is important to base the current team rather than directly think about the future! If the composition works well this year! There is no problem with losing round picks, however if the composition can't get into good confidence, I think that is the problem! And not having first round picks for next season.

3. Last year I would say that your defense was weak! This year a clean up has taken place and new defenders with some experience as well as others who have no experience, I think this will even things out.

4. I think the VHLE is a good technique to introduce the strongest players! This will equillibrate the VHLM and VHL.

5. He who does evil falls into the ravine, we will be the ravine.

6. Hot Chocolate.

18 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

18/7 - 25/7

1. Although I'm brand new to the team, I hope that I can help the team reach new heights and hopefully be a greater team than before!
2. I think that the motto and the general direction that the team is going in is ultimately up to the GMs, and they certainly know better about how to form a team better than I can.
3. I think that in the locker room, we have great camaraderie, and I've gotten to know a few players in my short time on the time. I think if we can funnel that camaraderie into chemistry on the ice, then we will be very successful.
4. I'm very excited for the introduction of the VHLE. I think that the league will introduce new fans to the sport and hopefully bring more attention to our league.
5. We shall see! I'm definitely going to be trying my hardest to get us there.
6. Coffee all the way!

On 7/22/2021 at 2:52 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

18/7 - 25/7

1. The regular season is on the horizon! Vegas is looking to bounce back after a rather dismal season, how excited are you in helping bring us back to glory? Very excited to help bring back glory. 
  2. Vegas has a motto of "TRADE THE PICKS, TRUST THE PROCESS." A motto which involves trading most of our future draft picks for a win now scenario. Is this a good motto? Is this a good mentality? (Keep in mind that we've already lost our 1st and 2nd round pick for next season :kekw: ) Well I feel that is a good motto if we have a good season. I don't if its great mentality but again if it helps us win games yes. 
  3.  What do you think our team's strengths and weaknesses are? What would you do in order to improve on our weakness? I don't know right now but as we go trough to season the strength's and weaknesses will appear.
  4. This is the last season before the VHLE is set to debut! Are you excited for the VHLE? How would it effect both the VHL and the VHLM? I pretty excited for the VHLE and I think it can help both the VHL and the VHLM by bringing more players into the league. 
  5. The Las Vegas Aces have not won a cup since S64. Is it time we finally break that cup drought? only fait will tell.
  6. Which do you prefer? Tea, hot chocolate, or coffee? None of the above, I'm more of a chocolate milk guy.

1196285774_LVABanner2.png.1253019f44be5e2ec580bb0db1d7b2f9.png.fec68ab3c107eb03629d08fa6bb0320f.png

:veg:Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

26/7 - 1/8

1. The Aces haven't been doing so well as of late. 16 games in and we've only won 4 games. What do we need to do in order to improve?

2. So far the top scorers for the team have been the depth players along with our defensemen. Is there a need for the big guns to step up?

3. So far LVA is cycling their goalies in a 1A and 1B sort of scenario where both goalies will share the crease. Is this a good strat to run?

4. If you were able to, would you skip the VHLE entirely and go straight to the VHL?

5. What's a childhood experience that you remember?

6. What's your favourite board game/card game?

2 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1196285774_LVABanner2.png.1253019f44be5e2ec580bb0db1d7b2f9.png.fec68ab3c107eb03629d08fa6bb0320f.png

26/7 - 1/8

1. The Aces haven't been doing so well as of late. 16 games in and we've only won 4 games. What do we need to do in order to improve?

2. So far the top scorers for the team have been the depth players along with our defensemen. Is there a need for the big guns to step up?

3. So far LVA is cycling their goalies in a 1A and 1B sort of scenario where both goalies will share the crease. Is this a good strat to run?

4. If you were able to, would you skip the VHLE entirely and go straight to the VHL?

5. What's a childhood experience that you remember?

6. What's your favourite board game/card game?

1. I think we need to review our team composition.
2. Yes I think we need a good striker. 
3. Yes! It reminds me of the strategy that bruins have always adopted. 
4. I think I still need some experience before making a good jump into the VHLE or even the VHL.
5. Billiards is an experience I love.
6. Skip-Bo.

3 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

26/7 - 1/8

1. The Aces haven't been doing so well as of late. 16 games in and we've only won 4 games. What do we need to do in order to improve? I need to improve my scoring but as a team we need to improve our defence.  

2. So far the top scorers for the team have been the depth players along with our defensemen. Is there a need for the big guns to step up? I think I need to improve my scoring right now.

3. So far LVA is cycling their goalies in a 1A and 1B sort of scenario where both goalies will share the crease. Is this a good start to run? I think we should chose one of the goaltenders but the management will make the choose.

4. If you were able to, would you skip the VHLE entirely and go straight to the VHL? No the VHL adds a little more fun to it.

5. What's a childhood experience that you remember? Getting hit in the face with a puck.

6. What's your favourite board game/card game? Probably Cover Your Assets. 

1196285774_LVABanner2.png.1253019f44be5e

:veg:Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

To claim: Capped TPE -> Press Conferences and link your response to this weeks presser

8/2-8/8

1. The Aces are four points out of a playoff spot, what needs to improve the most so we can reach the postseason?

2. Is there reasoning behind your player number of choice? What is it if you have a reason?

3. How have you been enjoying your trek through the VHLM this season at a player level?

4. Las Vegas is having a mid-season team potluck, what do you bring for the meal?

5. What's your favorite memory from being in school?

6. Do you collect anything or want to collect anything? And what do you collect?

37 minutes ago, Hex Universe said:

To claim: Capped TPE -> Press Conferences and link your response to this weeks presser

8/2-8/8

1. The Aces are four points out of a playoff spot, what needs to improve the most so we can reach the postseason?

2. Is there reasoning behind your player number of choice? What is it if you have a reason?

3. How have you been enjoying your trek through the VHLM this season at a player level?

4. Las Vegas is having a mid-season team potluck, what do you bring for the meal?

6. Do you collect anything or want to collect anything? And what do you collect?

1. I think we need to rethink the offensive lines because the defense is currently better at scoring than the offense I think the problem is there.
2. Well respecting the real player himself, it is my duty to take the same number.
3. Well I notice that my player has developed his talent a lot.
4. Poutine, a Quebec dish.
5. I never really liked school in general.
6. I collect coca-cola caps.

On 8/3/2021 at 10:00 PM, Hex Universe said:

8/2-8/8

1.) We need more defense, we are facing a lot of SOG, the Tender can only stop so much
2.) player number? no not really it doesn't matter to me. Ill play with whatever they strap on my back
3.) Eh, its okay. a little confusing. some aspects still confuse me, and other parts seem redundant or obsolete
4.) I bring some Wafer cookies, they have a nice sweetness and crunch. cant go wrong with Wafers
5.) Graduating, I didn't like school all that much so i was happy to leave and get out. 
6.) I collect sports cards. Mainly hockey and NFL, Sometimes wrestling. 

Edited by Horvat98

• 3 months later...

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending November 14

(Answer all 6 questions for 2 TPE)

1. How excited are you to play for the Las Vegas Aces?

2. What are some goals for your player?

3. The off-season is now upon us, what does your player do during this time? (vacation, train, visit family)

4. How are you liking the VHL so far?

5. As a new GM, what could I do to make your VHLM experience better?

6. How has your week been?

@Julien_Bernier @Alex Thegreat @Patty @Wiley @Dtayl @CSkams15 @CDS_Leb

Edited by ajwllmsn

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending November 21

1. The VHL/E/M all have drafts coming up this week, are you excited for some #drafthype?

2. What was your reaction when your player was drafted?

3. After the VHLM, where do you see your player going?

4. How do you think Las Vegas will perform this season (S81)?

5. What's your favourite food?

6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?

Edited by ajwllmsn

22 minutes ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. The VHL/E/M all have drafts coming up this week, are you excited for some #drafthype?

1.Yeah im very excited to see where im going to end up 

2.Don't know yet but very excited to see on friday for the vhl draft

3.I think im gonna go in the VHLE but don't know where yet

4.I think we could finish high in the season and make a good run in playoff and maybe win at the end

5.Poutine the mix between the gravy sauce frenchfries and cheese its just exceptionnal

6.As an F1 fan i would love to go to monaco during the grand prix week-end

7 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Yes the #drafthype is really there.

2. Never happend lol.

3. I see him maybe getting to the VHL but not as a superstar.

4. I think they will do solid but won't win the cup.

5. An good standard sandwich.

6. Probably something like the niagara falls.

1. How excited are you to play for the Las Vegas Aces?

I’m very excited. Looking forward to another season in the M, my rookie season went well, if I can avoid the sophomore jinx, I’m hoping we can push for a deep run into the playoffs this year!

2. What are some goals for your player?

I’m always trying to improve my defensive game. I believe the foundation of any good player is off the puck, and in your own end. If you can take care of your own end then the offence will come.

3. The off-season is now upon us, what does your player do during this time? (vacation, train, visit family)

I’ll do a mix of visit family and train. Obviously it’s important to stay in peak shape, you don’t want come to training camp unfit.

4. How are you liking the VHL so far?

It’s been an interesting experience so far, I’m a late pick and was lucky enough to be given chances in my team last season, they also let me grow at my own pace.

5. As a new GM, what could I do to make your VHLM experience better?

I don’t recall how the GM of this team did with his team last season, but I think we should be building from our defense up, obviously we need quality forwards but we have to be good in our own end too.

6. How has your week been?

My week has been pretty solid, I’m keeping busy for sure whether that’s school work or not.

1. The VHL/E/M all have drafts coming up this week, are you excited for some #drafthype?

I’m always excited for the draft, with myself staying in the M for another year, it’ll be nice to see what kind of players we get in. And see where my old teammates end up drafted. 

i was drafted last season, I was a late pick and it didn’t surprise me as to where I was drafted. 

Ideally I’d like to spend another year in the M and then move on to the VHL. The league is definitely competitive. But if no one takes me then I’m fine with spending my career in Europe. 

The hope is that we are in a playoff spot, but not fighting for one. Like one of the higher seeded teams.

5. What's your favourite food?

I’m a big fan of butter chicken, or really anything with spice.

I’d like to backpack across Europe some day, the plan is to do so after school.

1. The VHL/E/M all have drafts coming up this week, are you excited for some #drafthype? Of course!! Draft season is always exciting, finding out where you'll be spending the upcoming seasons is such a thrill!!!

2. What was your reaction when your player was drafted? I was super excited, Houston is a great organization and they were really great during my first season in the VHLM. Now that I'm on Vegas I'm looking forward to welcoming the rookies and helping them along!!

3. After the VHLM, where do you see your player going? I'd like to spend a few seasons in the VHLE before making the move up to the big time. I've been drafted by DC which is amazing cause the Dragons have a great GM and a fun culture. 

4. How do you think Las Vegas will perform this season (S81)? With the current roster construction, winning the the championship is gonna be a real struggle if I'm honest. We have a serious gap in the defense. Hopefully after the VHLM draft we can reassess and have more confidence in the team. 

5. What's your favourite food? Pho, its without a doubt the best food in the world. Especially in the winter, pho will warm you up on a cold night!

6. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? Probably Japan, its super fun there! I really like being up in the mountains in Hokkaido. 

Aces_Bar.png

Press Conference - Week Ending November 28

1. With the VHLM Draft concluding, what are your thoughts on the players Las Vegas drafted?

2. With Riga Reign getting re-branded recently, what are your thoughts on the current Aces Logo?

3. If your player was to have a graphic, which NHL player(s) would be the one(s) you would want to see used for your player?

4. It's been quite a while since Las Vegas last won the Founders Cup, have you ever had any lengthy sporting or sim league winless streaks where luck just wasn't on your side?

5. In your opinion, what is the best song that is played at hockey games?

6. What would you consider to be your favorite hockey video game of all time?

@Julien_Bernier @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @Alex Thegreat @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @CSkams15 @Girts @Patty @Da Trifecta @Abaddon @Wiley @ClarkClanT

1. With the VHLM Draft concluding, what are your thoughts on the players Las Vegas drafted?

I was very excited to be drafted by Vegas, was in contact with one of their gm's before the draft and he was very helpful in getting me started with tasks etc. I think we had a good draft, Ben Svenska, MDX, Star, T Clark all look to be solid players. 

2. With Riga Reign getting re-branded recently, what are your thoughts on the current Aces Logo?

I like the logo a lot, it makes sense for a Vegas team and I think the colors are great! Can't wait to wear the jersey!

3. If your player was to have a graphic, which NHL player(s) would be the one(s) you would want to see used for your player?

I've been using Guntis Galvins from the Latvian national team, but NHL I would probably choose Zemgus Girgensons. 

4. It's been quite a while since Las Vegas last won the Founders Cup, have you ever had any lengthy sporting or sim league winless streaks where luck just wasn't on your side?

I was on a couple real bad sports teams as a kid, but I think it built character, you have to learn how to lose so when you win you appreciate it even more. 

Always a fan of any rage against the machine songs between face offs or tv time outs. 

I'd probably say the retro version of NHL 94, originally for sega genesis. 

Edited by Girts

On 5/15/2021 at 5:53 PM, Emi said:

Press confrence

1) With the off-season underway is there anyone you think will be a stand out for the team next year?

2) What is one thing you think can be a good personal mantra?
3) You've broken all your sticks and you can only use one of your teammates sticks would you go for someone whos similar to yours or go for one that's really different to yours?

4) What is something you're looking to improve stats wise this season?
5) It is the special day of the hockey gods (Basically Christmas) what is the one thing you hope falls under your hockey stick tree?

6) What player in the league smells the worst?

7) What would you say the funniest image you've recently seen is?

1. I don't have a PC this week so came back as an alumni, you may ignore my PC

2. Azarath Metrion Zinthos (bonus points if you know where that is from)

3. Normally similar for relative production but when you're not having a good time/struggling I would use a different style

4. breaking 40G 100P in final season ;)

5. The gift of winning

6. well that gotta be me right?

7. Fail Diet Coke GIF by MOODMAN  this is actually very hard to do as bottles don't normally spray like that

On 11/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

@Julien_Bernier @CDS_Leb @Dtayl @Alex Thegreat @BenTheViking64 @Vinnie @CSkams15 @Girts @Patty @Da Trifecta @Abaddon @Wiley @ClarkClanT

1.I look quickly at the new players and i think they can be very solid

2.When i look at their new logo i think that we can do something better than what w have right now

3. I don't really think about it but Patrice Bergeron could be my choice

4. When i was young i never have a great team but all the time we came back in the playoff and make it far so i think when you lose the guys came together and become a stronger team

5. I love the song at the begining of the game before the faceoff always put me in

6. NHL slapshot was just insane the concept was very good

On 11/21/2021 at 11:20 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

1. Some solid later round picks, but its all about how they develop. 

2. Great logo and color.

3. I am sure the name speaks for itself, but Zach Werenski

4. Never been in a sim league, but on plenty of awful teams in real life 

5. Welcome to the Jungle will always be the go to. 

6. Any NHL game with GM connected. Figure it out EA. 

1. With the VHLM Draft concluding, what are your thoughts on the players Las Vegas drafted?

”I know we picked up a few players that will need some development but at the end of the day I think the core we have now is still good enough to keep up competitive.”

”I like our logo, it’s simple but elegant, if we were to rebrand I would be fine with it as well.”

” if I were to have a graphic compared to an nhl player, I’d put me along the lines of a JG Pageau.”

”I have had a few, while playing sim based games like FHM or the soccer management games, I know it’s frustrating especially trying to build that chemistry.”

”I’m not a fan of music during hockey, but I can understand the need for it.”

”favourite hockey video game of all time is probably nhl 14.”

On 11/21/2021 at 10:20 AM, MubbleFubbles said:

Aces_Bar.png

@hcrooster96 @Speedster69 @bobinettus @Max77 @Digimanz @dylanjj37 @Thunderidge here's this week's press conference if you're looking for it! :)