DAV/SEA: S64 off-season

VHL Bot

• Commissioner

@ShawnGlade definitely pulling @Banackock through the ringer on this one since he knew we needed the cap space but at least it got done. Welcome to the squad @majesiu

4 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

Davos contstantly penetrating Seattle in trades.

but their offense is looking very nice. the future is fucked, but it might work this season.

Davo's could legitimately reach a playoff position this season too. 

Listen, I don't want to skew perception that much here but wow did Seattle ever have to overpay to get under the cap. Like wow. For those who aren't GM's, Jerwa and players of similar value were not being shopped for either a 1st round pick or a player of Robet Malenko's caliber. Davos got both. No offense obviously intended to Jerwa who I think is a hell of a young defender and clearly a shining example of the quality of our depth members in a sea of quality recruitment efforts. 

It's a bold move for Seattle and as the King of throwing that shit on red and gambling it down I can respect the move. But man, not managing the cap can make any of this capsize. Going to be an interesting season. 

Sucks to see jerwa go but I can’t pass this chance up. I think s67 will mark the fourth or fifth draft in a row that Davos has SEA’s 1st haha

EDIT: damn autocorrect, meant jerwa not jerks

Edited by ShawnGlade

• Commissioner
32 minutes ago, Devise said:

But man, not managing the cap can make any of this capsize

To be fair Bana knew he was gonna need to move a piece to get Ironside and I on, that wasn’t a surprise. Even that piece being Malenko wasn’t a huge surprise, though there were a few options. I think the cost got cranked up to 11 once it was clear that he needed to make cap space before the season started. Can’t help but feel like the initial asking price wasn’t a 2 award winner from last season AND a first round pick.

Still though, we retain the amount of players we had while getting under the cap. Slight TPE drop and obviously the pick but still, we have the same positional numbers we had before.

It’s a hard deal but yep. The price was much less before I landed the 2 FA’s that every single team wanted. Once I got them on and had cap issue, he knew I needed to make a deal.

At the end of the day, I want to win a cup - not a lottery this season. Everyone picked us to be on the outside, looking further out and we found a way to add 2 big players, move cap and managed to maintain our roster build. Jerwa is a great player and as Penny’s new GM stated 200 times, he’s “inactive” etc. Malenko and Penny are amazing and it was tough to move. This deal was heavily steep, but the asset coming back was better than the alternative deals where I’d move someone else and be left with voids. 

If I wasn’t below cap, I’d be losing Ironside and fucking over Thompson and everyone else. Can’t really comment on the deal until we see results...

but looking at Seattles roster before the draft and now... it went from a possible forced rebuild to a high contender.. in my eyes anyway! 

20 minutes ago, pennypenny said:

I guess being asked if you wanna stay or not doesn't matter because you'll get traded either way.

Thanks 4 the false hope 

Lol, it never works this way unless you sign full player control deals on short terms (1 year or 1 year + player option) with no trade clauses