GustavMattias

Mississauga Hounds Press Conference

For the week ending 11/24:

1. The Hounds look more or less average out of the gate. What are your opinions on this? Should we be doing better or worse than we are?

2. How do you feel about the way your player has performed so far this season?

3. Which Hound, other than yourself, are you most excited to see perform this season?

4. Are there any teams out there that you feel we should be looking out for at the moment? Which ones?

5. What do you think is our biggest need at the moment?

6. If one of our players were to win league MVP, who do you think is most likely to do it and why?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk

1. The Hounds look more or less average out of the gate. What are your opinions on this? Should we be doing better or worse than we are?

1. Based on what I’ve seen roster wise we don’t have a lot of guys with over 100 TPE so I assumed we would be fairly average.

2. I’m very happy so far. The work I put in to gain TPE is starting to show.

3. Which Hound, other than yourself, are you most excited to see perform this season?

3. Spyro! He’s putting in work to get better so I am excited to see the results pay off as the season rolls on.

4. Are there any teams out there that you feel we should be looking out for at the moment? Which ones?

4. Mexico apparently, they are killing it. Damn CX.

5. we just need the guys we have to get better by gaining more TPE. Seasons are quick though so it might be nice to sign a free agent or two to add some depth.

6. If one of our players were to win league MVP, who do you think is most likely to do it and why?

6. Tallinder because he is a dynamic scorer and will hit his TPE cap very soon!

14 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. The Hounds look more or less average out of the gate. What are your opinions on this? Should we be doing better or worse than we are?

6. If one of our players were to win league MVP, who do you think is most likely to do it and why?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk

1. I’m not too worried, we started slow last year too. It’s all about our new players staying consistent in earning TPE and improving as a team.

2. I’m feeling good about it, hoping to maintain it throughout the season.

3. Probably Rice or Frost. Rice because he’s our new captain and has the most TPE, so it’ll be cool to see him tear it up this year. Frost because he’s a new and active member, and also cause I really like his player's backstory.

4. Mostly Saskatoon and Mexico City, Saskatoon has been bolstering their roster lately when it was already great, and Mexico City is just tearing it up rn.

5. I’d say defensive consistency. Can’t say too much about that though, cause I’m not really built for defense much myself.

6. I think it’s gotta be Rice. He’s a player who excels in every aspect of the game, so I’d expect his offensive and defensive numbers to be looking really good by the end of the season.

13 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Response

1. I anticipated a slow start to the regular season, but we are doing a bit better than I originally thought which is nice.

2. I feel I am underperforming, I need to give us a better chance at winning so I need to stop more shots and let in less goals per game.

3. Ricer, I expect that as the Captain of the squad he will really step up and lead by example on and off the ice.

4. Mexico City Kings are an early regular season bully, and we just got smoked by them 5-0 recently so we need to be prepared for next game or it will happen again.

5. We nees to improve on our Overall growth as a team, if we all get better together than we will be a serious contender by playoff time.

6. It's hard to say, but I feel Tali is going to only get better and go beast mode for us.

On 11/17/2019 at 6:19 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. I'm not too familiar with how good the other VHLM teams are so my totally unqualified opinion is that we are under-performing because we're supposed to be in first place.

2. I think Dick's under-performing a little bit, just like the rest of his team. His shooting percentage is definitely a little low, so maybe he has to take his time with his shots instead of just slinging it into the goalie's crest.

3. I'm excited for Aleksandra Olsen to perform. Definitely going to be clapping some bombs from the blueline.

4. Mexico is definitely a team to look out for since they just completed some big trades and are gearing up for a big season.

5. Our biggest need is to definitely get pucks deep, get pucks on net, play our game and take it one game at a time. Can't afford to get fancy, just focus on the basics and trust the process.

6. Definitely me. Dick Cheezy S69 MVP just has a nice ring to it, you know?

On 11/17/2019 at 8:19 PM, GustavMattias said:

Banana didn’t post new questions, so WHAT’S UP FELLOW HOUNDS? HALL OF FAMER HERE TO ANSWER A COUPLE QUESTIONS.

1. This team just hasn’t found it’s stride yet. I think once everything starts clicking, the team should improve a lot. It’s just getting to that point. 

2 I feel good about my player, but I’m still not as effective as I want to be. My best season was my rookie season here in Mississauga, so always trying to one-up that.

3. I’m interested to see how Jimmy Spyro does. He’s got a fire inside of him that’s very impressive.

4. Saskatoon looks really decent this year. That’s Wild.

5. Staying active and comfortable. Once all the young players come out of their shells and start doing all of their TPE things, it’ll be perfect!

6. James Spyro. He has all the makings of an MVP goalie. 

On 11/17/2019 at 9:19 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. This is a hard question for me being the first day, I wouldn't say this team is average but to say it was a rough start to the begining of the season which every team goes through. I believe we could always do better even if it's a win we should there is always something to learn to help us improve. 

2. I feel like there is always room for improvement at the moment I'm just focused on my performance and not letting my team down.

3. I'm excited to see everyone perform and I'm glad I was given an opportunity to play with these guys.

4. Every team we face off against should be a team we looking out for no game is a garunteened win and we have to give our 100 percent every game.

5. Too keep up this momentum we have on this three game winning streak, and to play a simple game such as putting the puck on net and not giving up scoring opportunities.

6. I'm going to say it's up for grabs for anyone it's going to be a close call.

For the week ending 12/1:

1. We've made some signings within the past few days, bringing in three new forwards. How do you feel about this?

2. We're in third place at the moment. Any chance we'll catch either Saskatoon or Mexico?

3. You could play for any team in the VHLM that you want, other than the Hounds. Which one is it and why?

4. If the Hounds could get together and do a community project in the city, what would it be?

5. Any favorite movies or TV shows you'd like everyone to know about?

6. Who has the best sig on the site?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz

2 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. We've made some signings within the past few days, bringing in three new forwards. How do you feel about this?

2. We're in third place at the moment. Any chance we'll catch either Saskatoon or Mexico?

3. You could play for any team in the VHLM that you want, other than the Hounds. Which one is it and why?

4. If the Hounds could get together and do a community project in the city, what would it be?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz

1. I feel that we are bolstering our depth and giving our top dogs more freedom to dominate on the score sheet.

2. We will pass Mexico and claim 2nd place before playoffs, I don't think anyone will catch the Wild but we will give them a run for their money.

3. I love playing for Mississauga, but if I were picked up by another team I wouldn't have minded playing for the Ottawa Lynx again.

4. I would love an open friendly scrimmage with the fans, to give everyone a chance to step on the ice with us and do some breakaways or take some shots.

5. The Dragom Ball franchise is a classic that I watch with my son, I don't have a favourite movie but I like a lot of different action and sports films.

6. That's a tough one, I haven't seen everyone's but there are some incredible ones out there. I want to cop out and say me because I want to make a good SIG that reflects me.

1. depth is good, so I feel the signings are good.

2. We will catch Mexico for sure. We are hot right now. So hot right now.

3. I’m not traitorous filth so refuse to say any other team. I’m a Hound for life.

4. Repairing run down rinks to provide more ice time for minor hockey programs.

5. Started watching Watchmen. So far so good. Mandalorion is good so far as well.

6. I’m going to Cop out as well and say Spyro has my favourite sig.

4 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. I feel good about it, the more the merrier.

2. I think we can catch Mexico, but Saskatoon will be a challenge.

3. If I could choose any team, I would just stick with Mississauga tbh. We’ve got a great team and a good environment.

4. Probably to build a statue of Rice with the cup, in preparation for the moment our captain inevitably holds it this year.

5. Not much of a TV/Movie guy, but prison break is solid.

6. The Sasakamoose vs Summers one is really good, I can’t remember if cx used it as his sig or if Summers did though.

8 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Being one of the new forwards my opinion is happy and excited and hoping I'll be able to take some weight off our star players 

2. Anything is possible we just have to keep grinding and not let the momentum up we have a great team and I feel at worse we will end the season second place but we have to focus on winning one game at a time.

3. I love this team so far and I don't see it changing but if I had to choose any team I would have to say that I can't afford to be picky haha.

4. Raise money and support the children's hospital put a big smile on their face because their smile through all the pain they face makes it all worth it.

5. Not big on shows or movies I did just finish Brooklyn nine nine though.

6. I haven't really seen many but the ones I have seen are pretty good but if I had to choose it would have too be Jimmy Spyro's

The hounds look more average out of the gate. I think we should be doing just what were doing because were doing really good this season and we have some really good players 

I have not played a game yet but I hope I will do good but I think it will take a couple games to put up a point

I am most excited to see Kris to play because hes a really good tpa and has alot of points.

I think we should look out for Saskatoon because there 22-1 and have scored 129 goals 

I dont really know at this point 

If one of our players to win league MVP would be Patrik because he has 95 games played and 115 points

16 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Evidently it's worked out amazingly. The closer we can get to having 4 full lines banging all game long the better we're gonna get.

2. Definitely, we just have to keep playing hard, getting pucks in the net, and win some hockey games.

3. Probably on whatever team @Gwdjohnson and @DaftRaincloud are on they're cool dudes.

4. Pick up garbage next to the highway. #trashtag

5. The Mandalorian is pretty good, people should know about it but I think they already do because of baby yoda.

6. I'm gonna be honest I haven't noticed a single person's sig because I'm never on the forums so I'm just going to say @Berocka

For the week ending 8/12

1. Saskatoon are on a 29 Win streak do you think it can be stopped?
  2. We are almost halfway through the season (we probably are as you answer this) predict our final Win-Loss-Overtime Losses numbers
  3. Tallinder is having great success leading the league in Goals, Game winners and Hat Tricks. Are you apart of his success and what do you think makes him so successful?
  4. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?
  5. What is the most typical hockey phrase you can give to this question?
  6. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz @Molly gunnerson 

Spoiler

@GustavMattias Did I miss anyone, sorry for stealing your job.

13 minutes ago, Berocka said:

For the week ending 8/12

2. We are almost halfway through the season (we probably are as you answer this) predict our final Win-Loss-Overtime Losses numbers
  3. Tallinder is having great success leading the league in Goals, Game winners and Hat Tricks. Are you apart of his success and what do you think makes him so successful?
  4. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?
  6. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid?

@AnthonyOuellet @Ckbruinfan @goldenglutes @Frostbite @Apoc_Chaos @Krice13 @LTB @Patrik Tallinder @GlowyGoat @DizzyWithLogic @Reegs @Tigris @Radcow @Spyro @Justin Frisk @god @Elias Östling @Spaz @Molly gunnerson 

Reveal hidden contents

1. I'm not sure if anyone can slow the Wild down but I want to put an end to their reign.

2. As we were around 31 GP with 21 Wins, I feel that at 72 GP we will have a record around 48-17-7.

3.Tali has been an absolute monster for us! I feel he has created a lot of his own success and has good teamwork with any teammates around him. He elevates everyone's game and always comes in clutch when we need him.

4. I just like to keep on winning. I feel by not having to face as many opposing power plays, we aren't letting in as many goals. Less goals against is always a good thing to me!

5. We just gotta keep things simple, put pucks in deep and leave it all out on the ice.

6. I wanna see some aussie BBQ! Who doesn't love to eat? I would avoid any seafood though.

1. Saskatoon are on a 29 Win streak do you think it can be stopped?

1. There is a very simple answer to this question. No. 

2. 55-13-4

3. I have been apart of his success more when the season started. Still now on the powerplay, it is easy work for me when I’m able to dish the puck to such an incredible goal scorer. The way he trains is what make him so successful on the ice.

4. For the first time in a while we do not have a player in the top 10 for hits or penalty minutes, are we just a disciplined team or do we like to win games without being physical?

4. We just win without being physical. A modern style of speed and skill is what this team is made of.

5. What is the most typical hockey phrase you can give to this question?

5. Every day is a great day for hockey.

6. Berocka takes the team on a trip to Australia, what do you go and see, what do you want to avoid?

6. I want to avoid Australia. To many predators and spiders. Just so many damn spiders. I’d just head over to New Zealand.

4 hours ago, Berocka said:

For the week ending 8/12

Reveal hidden contents

1. Doesn't look likely.

2. I believe we could go 50-15-6 on the year.

3. I unfortunately can't say that I am and it's because he doesn't stop grinding and putting 100 percent into everything he does whether it's practice or a game it's not in his nature.

4. We're focused on winning and you can't win if you're sitting in the box most of your shift.

5. You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take~Wayne Gretzky.

6. The kangaroos so I can box with it and I would want to avoid the kangaroos because I'm sure I'll get my ass kicked if I try to box with it.

On 12/1/2019 at 8:39 AM, Berocka said:

For the week ending 8/12

Reveal hidden contents

1. Yeah, I mean it’s bound to end at some point, right?

2. 50-17-5

3. I appreciate the praise, and I think what makes my player successful is my consistency earning TPE week to week. He’s hit a bit of a rough patch offensively lately, so hopefully he can start contributing more again soon, especially when playoff time comes around.

4. I think we’re just a team who isn’t overly physical, and win with skill rather than brute force.

5. We just have to get pucks in deep.

6. Well I’d want to go see the animals in australia and maybe avoid snakes, cause those are a yikes and a half.