Moscow Menace Press Conference

9 minutes ago, STZ said:

Week of March 14th - March 20th

Claim six answers for 2 TPE

1. We did it again! We are on to the Conference Finals; How do you think we stack up against Riga?

2. Vancouver has already swept LA, how would we do if we did make the finals? Third times the charm, amirite?

3. How has your player been doing in the playoffs? Are you happy with their play?

4. Playoff beard or no playoff beard? How is your's looking?

5. What song are you playing in the LR before the game to get the boys fired up?

6. I'm leaving for the Bahamas for a week on Friday... Where's your next vacation going to be?

1. Yessir, yall bbout to win the whole thing

2. Finals bound and we winning

3. Idek which level of the VHL my guys in but ive been told hes good

4. A what? Never head of that lol

5. Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus

6. Probably to Chicago and meet up with some old friends

1. We did it again! We are on to the Conference Finals; How do you think we stack up against Riga?

We are pretty equal after their recent trades. I think the series goes 7 games.

2. Vancouver has already swept LA, how would we do if we did make the finals? Third times the charm, amirite?

I hope you're right but I don't have the same faith.

3. How has your player been doing in the playoffs? Are you happy with their play?

Better then the regular season and that's all one can really hope for.

Patchy but sexy af. Not gonna let it be a Burns or Jumbo Joe though.

5. What song are you playing in the LR before the game to get the boys fired up?

Leo Sayer - You make me feel like dancing.

6. I'm leaving for the Bahamas for a week on Friday... Where's your next vacation going to be?

Japan in September after our wedding. Or we hope anyway.

10 hours ago, STZ said:

Week of March 14th - March 20th

6. I'm leaving for the Bahamas for a week on Friday... Where's your next vacation going to be?

1. I think we're holding our own and we even got the upper hand now. Hopefully we can close out the series today.

2. I'm hoping so, three losses in a row wouldn't leave a good taste in your mouth would it?

3. I'm pleased with his play, he's been pretty clutch these playoffs and i'm hoping he ain't done.

4. I'm growing the good old bushman beard these playoffs. Think Brent Burns. Not shaving till the playoffs are over.

5. Haha Idk i'm not the usual DJ in the locker room. Probably something by Ghost. lol idk

6. Ouuu exciting, go have so fun. I'd like to go see the Victoria Falls one day. A man can dream

No big deal, we have all the momentum!

Scary team no doubt but we have the offense, defense and goaltending to get the job done.

Far better than the season which is a good sign for Wattson’s future success.

Its getting pretty healthy. If I laid down inna park a bird might move in.

Jock Jams!

6. I'm leaving for the Bahamas for a week onFriday... Where's your next vacation going to be?

Hopefully somewhere warm and relaxing. I dont have anything planned right now.

Week of March 21st - March 27th

FINALS EDITION

1. Here we are again. Will the third time be the charm? Can we finally get the job done in the Finals?

2. Who has been our Playoff MVP?

3. Tell me how you really feel about this Meta Team in Vancouver.

4. Are your prepared for the new attributes for next season?

5. How are you feeling going into spring? Things are starting to open up (at least around me), excitement in the air? Maybe return to normalcy? 

6. I fly out on Friday... Will you miss me?

1. Here we are again. Will the third time be the charm? Can we finally get the job done in the Finals?

Narrator: No they did not. But it's nit our fault we we're up against the Yankees and they were all allowed to do steroids. 

Duncan Idaho. Much more impressive then the plebs on Vancouver with 40 passing and 99 scoring. Be nice if they all stayed in the SHL.

Read my last two answers. I won't be on a team with any of those users in the future.

Yes. It'll be nice to have an even playing field.

5. How are you feeling going into spring? Things are starting to open up (at least around me), excitement in the air? Maybe return to normalcy? 

That would be nice but probably too soon to get my hopes up.

Yes but hopefully Markinson and Moreau are still in Moscow come next season. ❤️

On 3/23/2022 at 9:41 PM, STZ said:

Week of March 21st - March 27th

FINALS EDITION

1.Well I thought the third time would be the charm but we got our asses beat. Nothing hurts more than a third loss in a row to the same team and to top it, we got swept. Yeah this one stings.

2. Emeritus had played on his head during the playoffs and without him it would be hard to see us make it to the finals.  

3. No comment. I mean everything they did was legal so I got nothing to complain about. They did everything at their disposal to in order to win and they accomplished just that.  A 3 peat is no easy feat, so there's some credit to give out to the Wolves here. 

4. Nope i'll be winging it.

5. It's wonderful to be able to see everyones smiles again i'll admit. The extra sunshine is nice but due to the thaw I spend my shift soaked 24/7 so that's not so fun either. 

6. Yes of course.

Week of March 28th - April 3rd

Off-Season Edition

1. Another Finals exit; how do we regroup and get ready for next season?

2. We have seen both Moreau and Atreides traded this off-season. Any final words before they left Moscow?

3. We are welcoming in @Garsh@Bojovnik @SpicyGecko and Hylands to the team this season. Which player are you looking forward to playing with?

4. This is an extended off-season. Are you enjoying the break, or are you eager for the season to start back up?

5. World Cup is on. Is your player participating? Are you following the coverage at all?

6. How do you feel about your players new re-rolled attributes? Have you nailed down the build you want or are you still playing with the numbers?

2 minutes ago, STZ said:

Off-Season Edition

2. We have seen both Moreau and Atreides traded this off-season. Any final words before they left Moscow?

3. We are welcoming in @Garsh@Bojovnik @SpicyGecko and Hylands to the team this season. Which player are you looking forward to playing with?

4. This is an extended off-season. Are you enjoying the break, or are you eager for the season to start back up?

5. World Cup is on. Is your player participating? Are you following the coverage at all?

6. How do you feel about your players new re-rolled attributes? Have you nailed down the build you want or are you still playing with the numbers?

1. Work hard and we got this!

2. Great Careers in Moscow, wish them the best

3. Great additions. Gonna be fun to see how they do

4. Im waiting to be drafted!

5. Nah not following it

6. Im waiting on being drafted so my new coach/gm can tell me how to build

I think it's something that needs to be accepted and move on from.  We can't change the past and there are big changes this season.  Let's focus on now.

I didn't have a chance to play with them, but best of luck to them.

3. We are welcoming in gartsh, Bojovnik.  spicygecko, and Hylands to the team this season. Which player are you looking forward to playing with?

Looking forward to playing with Bojovnik again as were teamates in LA.  Also love that @hylands!

I'm definitely excited for the next season, but nothing wrong with a little extra time to relax, especially for someone like me who is moving halfway across the world.

I am, I am on Team Western Europe.  The WC is just starting but it has been exciting so far.

I've started to work on it but haven't made my final build yet.  

On 4/2/2022 at 3:50 PM, STZ said:

Off-Season Edition

1. Well considering we made the finals three years in a row I think we've done very well when it comes to coming back after a tough loss. I don't think it's going to be any different this year, were just going to have to move on, forget about the finals loss and focus on playing some solid hockey and win some games. It's a new season. 

2. Well I mean they both brought so much to this team it's going to be hard to picture the team without them. I wish them both all the best going forward, they both left some pretty big boots to fill.

3. Well I played with Jan Hlozek in the VHLM for a season so i'm looking forward to see where his game is at after all these years. 

4. I'm enjoying the break, with the latest finals loss it's nice to stop to kinda reset the brain.

5. Yeah man playing for team Canada. Go team go. I'm following it of course i'm in it. Although we're not too hot right now. 

6. I haven't done shit, still trying to figure out where i'm going with my player build. 

keep personally improving and as a team getting line chemistry going as soon as possible.

good luck with your future in the VHL. It was a pleasure.

3. We are welcoming in nee players to the team this season. Which player are you looking forward to playing with?

Jan Hlozek who I am sure will be on a pairing with me at some point.

eager to get the new season going

i dont think I am in it and I wont be following it this time. Too busy right now.

6. How do you feel about your players new re-rolled attributes? Have you nailed down the build you want or are you still playing with thenumbers?

yes I got my build set and am excited to see how it works out

On 4/2/2022 at 11:50 PM, STZ said:

Off-Season Edition

1. Well, I wasn't part of last year's side but I know there's been some disappointment here. Maybe I can bring some fresh ideas to our game to get us over the hill

2. I know they were super talented guys and made a big contribution to the team. I've got big shoes to fill.

3. I've been blessed to have the welcome here. Looking forward to getting going

4. I've been on the shelf for a while after the Stars got dumped out of the playoffs. I'm eager to get going.

5. It's been a mixed bag. I haven't been playing my best hockey for Eastern Europe.

6. It'll be a joint project, but I'm looking forward to the fresh start.

Off-Season Edition

1. Just wait for the S83 draft class to come carry the team! In actuality, I think the championship 100% depends on which team uses the hybrid attributes the best. As long as we can get the best value with the TPE we have.

2. Uhhh, love you? Sadly wasn't in this organization when they were, so I've got nothing to say.

3. Personally I'm looking forward to not playing with them because of my inability to crack the VHL roster. But, I'm sure that those are the additions that will get us over the hump.

4. I am enjoying the break, hopefully I'll get enough TPE by the end of it to crack Oslo's roster for this season.

5. Didn't get picked for WJC, so I've sadly not been able to represent my country this offseason. In turn, that really didn't motivate me to follow WJC or the regular World Cup.

6. I think my build is pretty solid, especially looking at the other players. I've gone for the most meta approach I can, but I have given up on a bit of defense to score more points.

Off-Season Edition

Keep our strong team and keep our heads up looking into the future. we got this

They took my hatter.

3. We are welcoming in @Garsh@Bojovnik @SpicyGecko and Hylands to the team this season. Which player are you looking forward to playing with? Everyone, super happy to get some new faces in the team and look at the future.

Enjoying the break I’ve had so much going on this past week I didn’t realize it was already Sunday 

I gmed the WCJ but I haven’t looked at the WC and my player isn’t participating  

6. How do you feel about your players new re-rolled attributes? Have you nailed down the build you want or are you still playing with the numbers? It doesn’t affect me much personally as a goalie but I hope it takes out some of what’s been wrong in the league the past few seasons 

Here's some presser questions

1. This is one long ass offseason, what have you been doing in order to keep busy lately?

2. Training Camp is open, what aspect of your game have you been working on the most in practice?

3. How do you feel about being back on the ice for the first time since last season, is there any rust to shake off?

4. What do you see this team being able to accomplish this year? What are the expectations?

5. Where do you see yourself fitting in the lineup this year?

6. What are you own individual expectations for your player?

Edited by Seabass

1. This is one long ass offseason, what have you been doing in order to keep busy lately?

watching NHL hockey and getting excited to watch playoffs

2. Training Camp is open, what aspect of your game have you been working on the most in practice?

defence and puck handling with more scoring touch

3. How do you feel about being back on the ice for the first time since last season, is there any rust to shake off?

There is no rust as I have been practicing at the local rink as much as I can

4. What do you see this team being able to accomplish this year? What are the expectations?

expect us to make a fight again all the way to the finals

first pairing dman if all goes well and hope we get off to a hot start

more points and a better + this season. Maybe even some more powerplay points.

1. This is one long ass offseason, what have you been doing in order to keep busy lately?

Spent some time focusing on my build, but otherwise nothing special really, just doing what I always do.

I've been focusing mostly on my shooting and positioning skills.

I think there is always a little rust to shake off.  We practice hard but you never want to injure a teammate.  Takes a little bit to remember you can go fully at the opposition.

I expect we will walk into playoffs easily.  I think Helsinki is the only team in the EU who can reasonably stand in our way of making it back to the finals.

I think it's going to depend on where we find synergy in the lines, but I can see myself being the physical presence on the second line. 

I have literally no idea given all the changes.  I'm setting the bar hopefully low at 30 goals and 250 hits.  Hopefully I've set myself up to be pleasantly surprised.

On 4/11/2022 at 7:38 AM, Seabass said:

1. On vacation for the first week of off-season

2. With the reroll I've basically changed my entire build. I believe Training Camp was dedicated to banking..

3. It's good to start it back up. We have adifferent looking roster and we need to reform chemistry.

4. I think Markinson will be the 1D this year after Moreau got traded. Excited to take a step forward.

5. 1D.. Definitely higher in the lineup than Rory in his lineup

6. Hoping to quarterback the defense and have a strong year defensively!

Edited by STZ

On 4/11/2022 at 7:38 AM, Seabass said:

1. I've been chasing waterfalls, it's spring so now is the right time to go visit some falls. 

2. I've been working on my shot a little more than usual, other than that i've basically kept up with the same routine I've had my whole career.

3. Damn right there is, this offseason was long.

4. I think making the playoffs is always the expectations set out for this team. Obviously we want to make the finals for a fourth time in a row but i'm going to be realistic here and keep expectations low.

5. Well now that Paul is gone I see myself officially taking over the first line center role with added minutes to my powerplay time. Should be exciting.

6. I don't care about my individual numbers I just want my team and teammates to do well. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:38 AM, Seabass said:

1. Watching some NHL games, watching MLB now and excited to watch the NFL Draft in a couple weeks time

2. Mostly my skating now. I feel like my shot is pretty good at this stage

3. I've been skating all off-season so being back on the ice is just normal life. Feels good being at the rink anytime!

4. I feel like we have a good shot at the playoffs and as long as we continue to improve, I see that being the reality.

5. Second line centre or primary scorer if need be. We have a good roster this year!

6. I expect a point per game to build off of last year

1. Getting used to life in Moscow. It's been good so far

2. I'm in the best shape of my career. Most of all, I want to make sure I hit the ground running and contribute for my team

3.  There always is. I've always been a slow starter, with most of my points coming in the back end of the season. I want to change that this time round

4. It has to be cup or bust

5. I already know that my role is to anchor the second defensive pairing, and I relish that opportunity

6. To be the best I can be.

Week of April 18 - 24th

New Season Edition!

1. New season, new feel. How are you feeling going into the new season?

2. Did you Participate in VHFL? How's your team look?

3. Did you remember to do your predictions? Which is your lock of the year prediction?

4. How do you think your build with the new attribute system turned out - we got a preview with pre-season and the first few sims of the season!

5. Off-season was super long... was it too long of a break, or was it well needed?

6. NHL Playoffs starting soon; Stanley Cup Prediction?

1. New season, new feel. How are you feeling going into the new season?

Great and looking forward to my new build performing well.

2. Did you Participate in VHFL? How's your team look?

I did not but I wish everyone luck who did take part this season.

3. Did you remember to do your predictions? Which is your lock of the year prediction?

Seattle to win the east conference

4. How do you think your build with the new attribute system turned out - we got a preview with pre-season and the first few sims of the season!

It looks good so we will see how it does in the sim engine.

5. Off-season was super long... was it too long of a break, or was it well needed?

It was long but thats fine, we can all use a little break from this stuff.

6. NHL Playoffs starting soon; Stanley Cup Prediction?

Florida vs Calgary final