Moscow Menace Press Conference

13 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Question

Week Ending 6/20

1. What is a best way to celebrate a victory?

2. Who do you think has been the biggest underrated player or team this season?

3. If you had a chance to switch positions, what position would you switch to and why?

4. What has been the best part of this season for you?

5. I need movie ideas. What is your favorite movie?

6. What are your goals as a player that you would like to accomplish before your career is over?

1. a quick NHL 21 tourney with the guys

2 Honestly, i don't want to sound conceited, but i think it's Newhook

3 LW.  my second favorite position after center

4 My point output. already almost ten points ahead of my previous best total and still have 17 games left

5 i have no movies for adults. if you are child, mitchells vs the machines

6 a point per game season

On 6/14/2021 at 9:06 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Question

Week Ending 6/20

3. If you had a chance to switch positions, what position would you switch to and why?

6. What are your goals as a player that you would like to accomplish before your career is over?

1. I like to sit in the hot tub or cool off in a ice bath.

2. I would say the guy thats out there blocking shots every night.

3. I would be a goalie and I just always liked that position.

4. I get to play on same line as one of my buddies.

5. I love the Longest Yard and Dazed and Confused.

6. I want to be an efficient scorer and try to score as much as I can. I want to lead the team in scoring someday.

On 6/14/2021 at 1:24 AM, OrbitingDeath said:

1. Who you think going to win the next round of playoffs, Tampa Bay Lightning or New York Islanders?

Hoping for the Islanders, its been a while since they got this far.

2. Lets say you just made a new character and he is at 250 TPE and VHLE is now a thing. Would you choose to go to VHLE or move up straight to VHL and why?

I would love to go for a 9 year vhl career to be honest

3. Riddle me this. Which question can you never "Yes" to?

Do you want to work 24 hours a day?

4. This week is a theme week and the theme is VHLE. What you think about it and are you going to do anything for the theme week? If so what is it going to be?

Made a logo for the Vatican City Elite, so yeah I participated in the event

5. We are a bit more than half way through the season. Who do you thing have been out most valuable player thus far?

Paul Atreides, he is showing great promise!

6. Paul Atreides @Mr_Hatter is currently sitting at #7 for top 10 goal scorers for this season, only 3 goals behind the #1 spot. Do you think he can climb up hire potentially taking the #1 spot and any word of encouragement for him?

You got this Hatter, we believe in you ❤️

Its been rough recently, but much love ❤️ 

On 6/14/2021 at 10:06 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Question

Week Ending 6/20

1. With a lot of food

2. Malone is underrated. Not by the players in our team but in the league.

3. I'd like to be a defenseman. I'd be an enforcer and just hit people.

4.Whenever we win in OT or a Shootout It feels even better than a regulation win so when I got the winning Shootout goal that was awesome.

5. Shawshank Redemption, Deadpool, John Wick

6. I'd like to stay on Moscow my entire career and win a championship.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:06 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Question

Week Ending 6/20

1. Beers with the team.

2. Angellini is tied for most 1st stars, he has a +6 rating, and has been productive from a points standpoint. He sits on the 3rd line currently.. I think he might be overlooked.

3. I guess forward, since I can't switch to Goalie.. I dunno, I created my entire player to be a defenseman, I would likely not switch positions. If the team desperately needed a power forward, I guess I would, but I just played that with my last player, not sure if I'd want that a;; over again.

4. It's been nice to see Hard rack up the hits and still be productive in his first season. I just think of what our team will be in 2-3 seasons and that really excites me.

5. Home Alone 3

6. Cup

PC Questions

Week Ending 6/27

1. The playoffs/off-season is upon us. What have you managed to accomplish this season the planned to accomplish?

2. If you are new to VHL, how was your first season? If you returning member, after this season what areas do you think we can improve in?

3. What are your plans for the off-season?

4. Do you think that will be an underdog this playoff season that will make it to the semi-finals and potentially the finals?

5. Which 2 teams do you think will face each other in the finals this season?

6. Who would you say was the one person that was there when they were needed the most this season?

34 minutes ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 6/27

1. The playoffs/off-season is upon us. What have you managed to accomplish this season the planned to accomplish?

2. If you are new to VHL, how was your first season? If you returning member, after this season what areas do you think we can improve in?

4. Do you think that will be an underdog this playoff season that will make it to the semi-finals and potentially the finals?

6. Who would you say was the one person that was there when they were needed the most this season?

1. Hard was able to contribute both offensively and defensively. I put up over 50 points in his rookie season, while tallying up a significant amount of Shots Blocked and Hits.

2. I think it can be easy to get lost in the shuffle with the VHL. So many great members. I think peer recognition is something the VHL could improve upon.

3. Off-Season is  going to be about cranking Scoring up to 99 and getting to know the teammates better as we start to build off our core.

4. I have a bias in that I AGM Malmo and would love to see them Cindarella in the playoffs. I think still clinching will be a test for them as they've come down to the final sim for that.

5. I think it'll be Seattle and Warsaw.

6. I think Shaggy really stepped up as a prominent player on our defensive core. I think he's a player that didn't garner a ton of attention but proved to be a big part of the team. Obviously our heavy hitters in Atreides and Idaho were great. But the secondary players like Newhook and Seabasstard proved that we are a really deep team.

1 hour ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 6/27

I'm really impressed by my performance, and being an all rookie team candidate really feels great

As is said, I felt this was spectacular

Train even harder than before

Not really sure, I wouldn't consider us to be an underdog, but were gonna win the cup this year

Us and anyone, it doesn't matter who, we'll win regardless

I think Spartan. Ik it sounds weird but he really did a fantastic job with this organization and is just such a great guy

Have not accomplished my goals, as I started playing horrible during the season. I'm sorry I let the fans down.

I need to play better, score more and just not suck lol.

Defense and Scoring should hit 99. Then I'll work on my puckhandling / skating skills some more.

There is always an outside chance for an upset, will be fun to see who will be this years'.

Warsaw vs Chicago, an all expansion team finals.

Shaggy Tipton, he finally got the attention he deserved with the 3rd star of the game

Edited by OrbitingDeath

On 6/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 6/27

1. I didn't play as good as I was hoping for. Maybe next season will be more fruitful.

2. I think my season could have been worse. I can always get better.

3. I'm going to go on some trips and spend time with family and friends.

4. I really am not good at predicting these things.

5. I predict Seattle and Warsaw will face each other.

6. Seabastard has been a great line-mate and friend!  

On 6/21/2021 at 8:30 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 6/27

I accomplished my wish of becoming a captain for a team. I don't play on the Moscow roster yet but I became the captain of the Miami Marauders this season and I may potentially be their agm starting next season depending on if my application will be chosen when I enter it.

I'm a returning member but I haven't really paid much attention to the team this season as I've been mainly focusing on my VHLM team.

My plans are to have plenty of fun and I also wish to become a WJC GM this season.

I think there could very well be with how random the playoffs can be.

I don't know. I certainly hope Moscow makes it but I don't know who else I would like to be in the finals.

I have no idea. As I said I haven't been paying much attention. Sorry.

On 6/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 6/27

1. I Improved more than I expected so hopefully I improve even more in the offseason.

2. Hopefully we'll improve on the defensive side. If we can do that, we'll be a playoff team.

3. Train harder to improve so I play better next season.

4. I doubt it but I'm always rooting for the underdog so hopefully.

5. Calgary and DC

6. Atreides 100% Absolute Legend

On 6/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

Week Ending 6/27

1.Well I wanted to have a great rookie season and maybe contend for the rookie of the year award at year's end. My season stunk so no I didn't accomplish what I wanted.

2. It had it's ups and downs, I didn't really feel involved for most of the season but I had a somewhat strong finish.

3. Get faster and stronger in preperations for our next season. 

4.Anything goes once you make the playoffs look at the habs in the NHL per example.

5. Seattle/Helsinki once again.

6.Like I said before hand Kyle Glass has helped me in the past, he was able to keep me focused and not get too down on myself when things were tough. 

PC Questions

For Week Ending 7/4

1. Lord Stanley Finals are here. Who do you think is going to win it all, Lightning or Canadiens?

2. If you are in USA or 4th of July, any special plans for the celebration? If you don't celebrate 4th of July, why not and what are your plans for the weekend anyways?

3. What you going to be working on this off-season?

4. We had another VHLE pole to pick top 3 teams. From what was listed, what would you say the #1 option was, like what was your favorite team name?

5. Does Pineapple belong on Pizza?

6. Who is your favorite person to talk to in the locker room?

1 minute ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

For Week Ending 7/4

1. Lord Stanley Finals are here. Who do you think is going to win it all, Lightning or Canadiens?

I'm finally hopping on the canadiens bandwagon, but I have a feeling i'm going to be wrong

2. If you are in USA or 4th of July, any special plans for the celebration? If you don't celebrate 4th of July, why not and what are your plans for the weekend anyways?

Not really, I'll probably watch the fireworks that get set off near my home, but I won't be doing anything special

Getting a better in those defensive scenarios

4. We had another VHLE pole to pick top 3 teams. From what was listed, what would you say the #1 option was, like what was your favorite team name?

I didn't see it

No

Not sure, you guys are all great

15 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

For Week Ending 7/4

1. Tampa Bay

2. I'm in Canada.. We have Canada Day on July 1. I'm off for the weekend with my daughter which is nice.

3. Looking to get Scoring up and then likely PH.

4. Bratislava Watchmen. I was the first GM for the team when they were VHLM, and even came up with the Watchmen name. Would love to see them back.

5. Sure. It's grown on me.

6. I like everyone :)

On 6/28/2021 at 9:34 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

For Week Ending 7/4

1. Go habs go. They can still comeback.

2. I went camping and fishing to celebrate.

3. Probably my skating and work on my faceoffs.

4. I like the idea of reviving old teams. My favourite 3 options would be Vasteras, Bratislava and Stockholm

5. Absolutely not

6. I love talking to everyone and can't really pick a favourite.

PC Questions

For the week ending 7/11

1. If you are a Rookie, are you going to be part taking in the WJC this year? If you not a rookie, which team you want to win in WJC this year? (And why is it Team Asia? lol jk)

2. How was your 4th? Did you blow off any fingers?

3. Any special activity you would recommend while we are in between seasons?

4. If you had to choose to play 1 board game for the rest of your life, which game would you choose and why?

5. It's Seattle Bears vs the Warsaw Predators, who will win it all?

6. How is your off-season going thus far?

44 minutes ago, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

For the week ending 7/11

1. If you are a Rookie, are you going to be part taking in the WJC this year? If you not a rookie, which team you want to win in WJC this year? (And why is it Team Asia? lol jk)

4. If you had to choose to play 1 board game for the rest of your life, which game would you choose and why?

1. I think I will be representing Team USA. I haven't heard anything so far!

2. It was great... I'm Canadian, but we went away for the weekend to a couple breweries and some sand dunes for hiking.

3. Relax and Recharge. Be patient, sometimes the anticipation can get overwhelming.

4. Risk.. Not huge into board games (not sure I've played the best ones with the best crowd), but I've enjoyed the Risk drama.

5. I'd be happy either way. I wanna see muff win. I also love to see Bana just rack up the trophies. 

6. So far so good. Starting to hone in on draft prep for Malmo. Excited for the official start to the off-season.

PC Questions

For the week ending 7/11

It is team Asia, I am rooting for you (and yes, I am saying that so you will pass the puck to me more in the few games you play, you save the puck, pass to me and i'll score)

Nope all there, we dont celebrate it in Russia, so we're save

Graphics competition

I wouldn't mind playing Talisman I think

Warsaw, Bears have won enough

Horrible, feels like it is taking ages already

On 6/28/2021 at 9:34 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

For Week Ending 7/4

1. Lightning in 5 games. Canadiens will win Game 4. Lightning will win Game 5 1-0.

2. Hopefully not too many fireworks because they're crazy loud when I try to sleep.

3. Scoring reluctantly. Passing is more important but my Scoring is lagging behind.

4. There was a team in Rome that had a good name but I forget what it was.

5. Not for me.

6. Spartan because he's in charge of my salary and bonuses.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:57 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

For the week ending 7/11

1.Well i'm a rookie but I did too well earning TPE to qualify for this year's WJC. After last year's performance it's probably for the best. 

2. I'm Canadian so I just celebrate Canada Day on the 1st. I'm old and had to work that day so I went to bed early enough. Made up for it on the weekend by going on a fishing/camping trip with my boys.  

3. Fishing is fun. Relaxing at times too, imagine your there casting lines, reeling in fish and smoking Js on the water, you don't get much more in touch with nature than that. 

4. Do cards count as a board game? My first thought was texas holdem but I guess I couldn't last forever with that cus I'd eventually go broke.

5.Go Preds. Im tired of seeing the bears win.

6. It's been good it's summertime so I'm enjoying that.

WJC is an important event and I am just gonna go and hope that Team World is gonna go and dominate. 

As a Latvian 4th of July has a different meaning so, no, it would be weird to shoot fireworks. 

Yes, partying and heavy drinking. That is the only way to unwind after a sad ending to a great season.

Chess is the only board game that matters, it is the greatest thing to ever happen. 

Well, we already know what happened there, sad stuff but Warsaw had a great team and overall, I can just be proud I had a chance to play in my 3rd Continental cup final.

Fairly fine, have been trying to find a way to make sure that @OrbitingDeathis annoyed by my presence in Moscow, after all, I shouldn't even be here. *Drinks a glass of aged brandy* I guess I am out of here before I get kicked out.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, BrutalBoost said:

PC Questions

For the week ending 7/11

1) I always root for my Team Europe

2) No fingers,  but I had a great time!

3) absolutely need to try some sand worm riding, Duncan @OrbitingDeath is a pro

4) that's a really hard question for me. Maybe chess? Even though I don't play it a ton, it has a lot of applications

5) well, the preds did, which I am happy for

6) Really nicely! Can't wait to get back to it!