Moscow Menace Press Conference

Presser Questions!

1. How do you feel about our team's recent draft selections?

2. Do you think it was the right move to trade Letang?

3. How did you do in international play this year? (If you didn't make any international play explain what you have to do in order to get there next time.)

4. Which position should we address come UFA time? Does anyone specifically come to mind?

5. Do you think we'll be a better team next year or more less the same?

6. Who do you think is ready for a breakout year next season?

14 hours ago, Seabass said:

Presser Questions!

3. How did you do in international play this year? (If you didn't make any international play explain what you have to do in order to get there next time.)

4. Which position should we address come UFA time? Does anyone specifically come to mind?

1. I think we got mostly what we needed. A good defensemen for a future and a really good Goalie as well.

2. Its tough to say. In my personal opinion, I think we could have gotten maybe a goalie and kept Letang. But I think for the future of the team, since we couldn't get a goalie now. it was a good call to make. We now have a goalie who can potentially lead us to a lot of victories in the future and a young goalie at that to complete our young line up.

3. I am not really in international play this season as a player but as a GM of Team Asia for WJC. We won 2 out of 5 games we played in first 10 games. It is still on going.

4. Defense. We need to build a good defense to support the goalies we have this year.

5. I think next season, we will be slightly better, but season after that we may take off.

6. I would probably have to say Duncan Idaho

15 hours ago, Seabass said:

Presser Questions!

1. Well, I'm glad to have been spotted by the major line of the VHL.
2. Personally, I don't know him so I couldn't answer this question.
3. What do you mean by international game.
4. For the moment, I have no idea but I will take a look at the training and free agents. 
5. I think every year is different! This year the defense was prioritized! So I think we will be able to win games and even make the playoffs.
6. I was able to see Pekka Grubauer's progress a little bit at Saskatoon, I think he has a good future as a Goalie for this team.

16 hours ago, Seabass said:

Presser Questions!

I think you can't go wrong with first

Yeah, I think it'll benefit the team and really thats whats most important

First time I haven't been in a while, so it was strange. I think I just need to take it up a notch to compete in a strong US group

Not really sure, really the best player available is probably the best choice for us

I think we'll improve as a lot of us younger guys develop further

I would like to think I break out because I didn't show what I can do this year.

17 hours ago, Seabass said:

Presser Questions!

I think they will help out the team in becoming a playoff hopeful team soon 

I think it was a good move for what we got 

I was selected to be a goalie on team world 

I’m not sure tbh rn 

I personally think that we will be a better team this season 

Duncan  Idaho  will be great 

On 7/19/2021 at 7:43 AM, Seabass said:

Presser Questions!

1 -- solid picks to get your goalie of the future and defenses

2 -- it all depends on how he fit into the team's time line and the market for him and maximize his value in the return

3 -- juniors is going on now and ok

4 -- defense

5 -- better as the young players progress

6 -- Duncan Idaho

Presser Questions!

1. Great. Very excited to play with Bek again. We solidify our line-up with an elite starting goalie.

2. Yeah. It was better for us long-term. I think Bek is the perfect age for our team, and with the amount of max-earners we have now, it's going to be scary watching this team grow in the next 2-3 seasons.

3. Good. Markinson is leading the tournament in hits. He's been pretty productive on Team USA in the WJC. The team is struggling, but I think we can turn things around.

4. I think our only need is a defenseman. I think Tristan, Shaggy, and I could use one more body on the back-end.

5. 100% better. We all have been earning like crazy. We are going to take a big step forward.

6. Idaho going to turn into an elite player this season.

Presser Questions!

1. I think we drafted very good. Spartan has always been very good at drafting, I have confidence in our prospects.

2. I don’t really follow trades that often, so I can’t tell you much on the Letang trade. I’m sure it’ll be fine though.

3. Tipton was a solid piece for Team World, not great, but he was definitely serviceable. I expect to get similar results this season. 

4. I definitely think adding another goaltender or forward would help us control the scoreboards more.

5. I think we’ll be about the same, but if we don’t take some steps forward soon I’d be pretty concerned.

6. I definitely see Hard Markinson having an even better season. He had a great rookie season and I’d love to see him follow it up with something better.

Presser Questions!

1.I think Spartan did some solid work and brought in some solid additions to our roster. I'm happy with this year's draft selections. 

2. I get that Spartan had a guy specifically in mind to select at the draft and he wanted to make sure he was going to get him by trading for the 1st overall pick. However at first I wasn't so sure we should let go of a defender as I thought we were already thin on defenders, but going out to get Silas LeFriend through UFA kinda fills the hole Letang left behind so it's all good. 

3.Well I won my first ever medal in international play at the world juniors by winning silver. Just too bad I was on fire during the round robin games and then dissappeared in the playoffs and went pointless when it mattered most. 

4. I'd work more on our D-corps, and Spartan did just that by signing LeFriend.

5. I hope were going to be a better team, but we're icing almost the same squad here and last season.

6. I'd like to see Idaho step up as I think there's a lot of potential there for him to do better. 

Press Conference Questions

Week Ending 8/1

1. New season is under way. What are you hoping to accomplish this season?

2. Are you prepared for this season?

3. If you were just draft to this team, what do you think of the team so far? If you were not just draft on to this team, what would you words of advise be to the new comers?

4. Red or Blue?

5. NHL Draft has concluded. What are you thoughts on the draft?

6. Not the best start to the season. What are you thoughts on that and do you thing we will improve with time?

2 minutes ago, BrutalBoost said:

Week Ending 8/1

Hoping to at least be over half a point per game

Absolutely

3. If you were just draft to this team, what do you think of the team so far? If you were not just draft on to this team, what would you words of advise be to the new comers?

I think playing hard every shift, and giving it your all is the way to success.

4. Red or Blue?

Blue

I was surprised by a lot of the picks, guys I had in the top 15 fell, or rose, it was wild

6. Not the best start to the season. What are you thoughts on that and do you thing we will improve with time?

Yeah, I think it's just a little bit of rust, and we haven't hit our potential yet

32 minutes ago, BrutalBoost said:

Week Ending 8/1

4. Red or Blue?

1) I wish to capitalize off of a promising rookie season, I want to earn Tipton a larger contract and possibly a bigger role in the future.

2) I’d like to say I am prepared. Team World’s experience definitely got me back used to being an active locker room presence.

3) I’d think the team is great. We aren’t the best, but we have promise and hope! I’m excited to see how we do going forward.

4) Blue

5) Honestly surprised Aatu Raty fell so far, but I don’t keep up with many prospects. All I know is that this draft was supposed to be weaker than normal. 

6) I think we’ll improve in time, but our biggest problem is development. We have to develop now to be better in the long term. 

10 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

Week Ending 8/1

4. Red or Blue?

1 -- to go out and set the tone for being a solid 2 way player that can play in any situation for the team

2 -- from a physical and mental stand point for sure; it will be a different grind from the VHLM but i think with my offseason prep, i am good to go

3 -- its a young team with a solid foundation in place for the future

4 -- blue

5 -- some teams made good moves and others did questionable ones, but its really hard to tell who won/lost the draft until a few more years down the road

6 -- the season is a marathon and not a sprint, so we will have ups and downs for sure along the way...improving defensively and setting up our offense with solid defense will be key to sniffing around the final playoff spot

11 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

Week Ending 8/1

4. Red or Blue?

1. Well, I hope I can make a difference so I can lead my team to victory.

2. Yes, I will soon reach the 200 TPE limit.

3. Knowing that I was recruited by the Las Vegas Aces and then Moscow! And that the GM of Moscow happens to be the former GM of the LasVegas Aces! I think I have a lot of luck and a good opportunity in hand and I have to take it in the games by showing my talent.

4. Blue.

5. Being a Boston Bruins fan, I think the future prospects will be excellent, I trust Sweeney for the future of the team.

6. Well, let me give you an example! This year Montreal didn't have a very good start either and were the last team to make the playoffs, yet in the first round they were trailing 1-3 against Toronto. They came back 4-3 against Toronto and then knocked off Winnipeg 4-0, which allowed Montreal to advance to the semi-finals against Vegas and again they eliminated Vegas 4-2 in the series. Even though they didn't make it to the Stanley Cup finals, losing the series 4-1 to Tampa Bay. So here is the result, even with a bad start to the season, nothing is impossible to get back on track and face the obstacles. 

12 hours ago, BrutalBoost said:

Week Ending 8/1

4. Red or Blue?

1. I actually have a small pet project that I'm working on in the VHL, so I'd like to publish it this week and try to get the proposed changes implemented!

2. I'm always prepared, it's a basic requirement to be a GM haha.

3. Well, I can provide advice as a GM - work as hard as you can, and also communicate with me. I set expectations for everyone, from performance, to earning, and to activity. The more you meet those expectations, the more likely you are to stick with the team in the future and also receive a larger role.

4. I actually will break away from everyone else here and say red. Red's like the only color of shoe outside black, white and gray that somehow goes with almost everything.

5. Penguins had like a second round pick, a fifth and then three sevenths. Was a pretty quiet draft for them, but nice to see them not going ham on goalies for once.

6. I think this was sort of expected in a way. We're continuing to add new blood to the team, this season in between the pipes as well. It's difficult to win with a young goalie, but sometimes that's what you have to work with. It's another season in the marathon towards a cup. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions though, I'm always happy to listen!

On 7/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, BrutalBoost said:

Week Ending 8/1

4. Red or Blue?

1. I hope to have another good season with hits and points. Would love to see us go on a playoff run!

2. Yes.

3. I like the team, I'm only in my second year but we have a lot of good active max earning members. I think we will be very competitive!

4. Blue

5. I didn't follow too closely as my team traded their top picks..

6. Of course. The more time we get the better. We have a young team, and with Hatter and OD entering their prime they can only do so much. Once our defense and goalie gets into a higher TPE class, we should be good!

On 7/26/2021 at 9:19 PM, BrutalBoost said:

Week Ending 8/1

4. Red or Blue?

1. I hoping just to take the next step in my career and have myself a breakout season. But really as long as I perform better than my rookie year i'll be happy.

2. Of course, I take this hockey things kinda seriously. 

3. My advice to our newcomers is to have patience, your not gonna be a superstar right away. Keep earning tpe though and you'll get there someday

4. Red

5. Well this draft was a little odd since there was pretty small sample sizes to work from as nobody ended up playing full seasons due to covid, some didn't end up playing at all (OHL). So I feel like most of these picks were crapshots. As a habs fan I disliked montreal's first pick of mailloux, off-ice antics aside he just wasn't talented enough to end up being selected in the first round.

6. We're still a growing young team here, i'm not too worried this year is more about refining our game then putting up the wins even though it would be nice to make the playoffs though.

New week, new presser!

1. We just acquired Aurelien Moreau from Toronto for an S80 1st and S81 2nd. What are your thoughts on the trade?

2. We've been building this team up for the past few seasons, do we have all the pieces we need to be contenders? If no, what position do you think we need to bolster?

3. We've chatted a lot about Monopoly in the locker room recently. What are some of your favorite games to play with teammates?

4. For the third or fourth season in a row, we have a rookie in the top 3 of league-wide rookie scoring. Why do rookies just do so well in Moscow?

5. Assess your performance so far through this season. Are you meeting your expectations? What do you want to be doing better in?

6. How are you doing today? How's life going? Drop a sentence or two about what's going on in your life, I want to know what you're up to :P 

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

New week, new presser!

1. We just acquired Aurelien Moreau from Toronto for an S80 1st and S81 2nd. What are your thoughts on the trade?

2. We've been building this team up for the past few seasons, do we have all the pieces we need to be contenders? If no, what position do you think we need to bolster?

3. We've chatted a lot about Monopoly in the locker room recently. What are some of your favorite games to play with teammates?

4. For the third or fourth season in a row, we have a rookie in the top 3 of league-wide rookie scoring. Why do rookies just do so well in Moscow?

5. Assess your performance so far through this season. Are you meeting your expectations? What do you want to be doing better in?

6. How are you doing today? How's life going? Drop a sentence or two about what's going on in your life, I want to know what you're up to :P 

1 -- good solid pickup to help at the blueline and should help reduce our shots against while providing a ton of offense from the blueline

2 -- i think we are all set and just need to continue to improve and grab tpe

3 -- any type of card or board game is always a good time

4 -- can jump right into the lineup and play a significant amount of minutes

5 -- its been fine so far, just have to keep working on skating, defense and puck control to be successful for the team

6 -- work and driving kids around

9 hours ago, Spartan said:

New week, new presser!

1. I think it is a good pick, ties everything together and hopefully starting next season Moscow can do well and end up in playoffs.

2. This season, definitely goalie side is week. But I think next season we will be set and good to go big time.

3. Warhammer. It's a strategy based game and it helps to keep the mind active.

4. We are rebuilding team and we have some very good talent, that is why some of our rookies end up on top their. I hope this continues that way Moscow can compete big time in seasons to come.

5. I've been doing poor. I would definitely like to see some more wins and more saves.

6. Life is rough. I mean I got a promotion, that is good. But my mom has been very I'll and we been going to hospitals a lot lately. So, yeh, life been rough for me for past month or so.

1. We just acquired Aurelien Moreau from Toronto for an S80 1st and S81 2nd. What are your thoughts on the trade?

Excited to be here for the next 5 seasons. Hopefully we win a lot of cups and have some laughs along the way.

I think either upgrade a few defense and forwards, or let the roster develop. Or a little of both? @Spartan has done one hell of a rebuild in short order. *slow clap*

Jenga. Sitting on Atreides patio drinking beers and playing jenga with the boys. Bob always cheats though.

4. For the third or fourth season in a row, we have a rookie in the top 3 of league-wide rookie scoring. Why do rookies just do so well in Moscow?

The optimist in me wants to say all Moscow rookies are GOAT's, but the realist in me says that it's likely because we're rebuilding so they're getting big minutes, as well as having really good player builds.

Overall I'm happy, especially after the trade to a team with a win now attitude, since Toronto's rebuilding I feel like my player has a lot of areas to improve still.

6. How are you doing today? How's life going? Drop a sentence or two about what's going on in your life, I want to know what you're up to :P 

Tired. My fiance and I are currently apartment hunting in Vancouver, every tine we find something good there is either no viewings close or it gets scooped up right away. 

12 hours ago, Spartan said:

New week, new presser!

1. I think it gives us another offensive weapon on d and gives Markinson a partner on the PP. Good addition.

2. This team has now core pieces at every position which is awesome and it's the start to building a contender. We just need everyone to stay on board and work hard and I think we can make this work.

3. Risk is another good board game. But a simple deck of cards has to be the good to a road trips.

4. I don't know we're blessed by the hockey gods?

5. I'm not meeting my expectations, yeah i'm doing better than I did last season but I was hoping to be scoring more goals. I'll never be satisfied though i'm always going to want more out of myself. 

6. I'm doing okay. I'm supposed to go on vacation at the end of the month and I'm hoping the forest fire situation calms itself down by then. Right now it sure looks like i'll go on a backpacking trip during a fire ban, joy. 

I think it's a great trade! Our roster is looking set up to win everything in a few seasons.

I think all the players we need are already on the roster. Just a bit of development time and we'll be set!

Monopoly is great but Risk is my favorite game to play with friends. Strategy, drama, backstabbing, it's always fun

Moscow goated obvs

I'm not playing for Moscow but honestly I couldn't have asked for any better, a bit surreal to be leading the entire league in points by 11!

6. How are you doing today? How's life going? Drop a sentence or two about what's going on in your life, I want to know what you're up to

Trying to savor the last few weeks before school starts up again!

On 8/4/2021 at 11:12 AM, Spartan said:

New week, new presser!

1. Love the trade. Great player that will fill out our D-core. Markinson and Moreau will be a great fit together. On top of that we get Frank on the team which is great!

2. I think we have a solid team. We are pretty heavy loaded in two consecutive seasons. So by that theory we will be really strong in a few seasons, and likely be a contender for 4-5 seasons. Gaining pieces that are a bit older could be the key for success next year, but either way I believe in Spartans vision.

3. Card games

4. Good drafting :)

5. I'm pretty happy overall from a production standpoint. I would have liked for the team to be doing better, and I can't help to think it's on the defense to be better moving forward.

6. Doing well. Just got home from the gym. Been golfing a lot, just broke 100 for the first time in my life. Starting to get consistent.. Work has been really busy, but it's that way every summer. Girlfriend and I are looking at trips at the end of September. Might stay in Canada and go out West.. Also heavily considering going back to Vegas..