DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

On 1/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, Enorama said:

Playoffs v2 baby

1. Say we add one F and one D this off-season, one in FA and one in the draft, which should we add in which way?

Definitely have to go for defense first in FA if possible... always important to anchor the blue line when you can.

2. Who goes 1st overall, Lahtinen Jr. or Encarnacion?

I don't know either... I should most definitely be last though. :)

3. Pick a lower ranked guy in this year's draft that you think will be better than his ranking. Why'd you choose him?

Crush Cile... a sleeper amongst sleepers.  Seriously though... in the right scenario could be something big.

4. What's the first video game you ever played?

Heavy Barrel on NES

5. What is your least favourite genre of music?

Symphony... strings... I don't even know what that would be called.

6. Cats or dogs?

Doggos!

Off-seaaaaason

1. The draft just finished, who is the biggest steal? (I think Cile is probably the only real answer right now)

2. What are the odds that we make playoffs this season?

3. Out of Fish, Ritchie, and Frostbeard, who will turn out to be the most important add this off-season?

4. How should bonus money be divvied up this season?

5. What's a mascot that the VHL doesn't have yet but definitely needs to add in the future?

6. Dessert or appetizer?

41 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Off-seaaaaason

1. The draft just finished, who is the biggest steal? (I think Cile is probably the only real answer right now)

3. Out of Fish, Ritchie, and Frostbeard, who will turn out to be the most important add this off-season?

5. What's a mascot that the VHL doesn't have yet but definitely needs to add in the future?

6. Dessert or appetizer?

1. Derek Eriksson
2. I think we got a good chance, hopefully we can squeak in this year.

3. All good additions but Id have to go with Frostbeard.

4. I dont like to talk about money, unless its coming to me.

5. We need gritty. No question.
6. Appetizer, deserts are a complete waste of money.

I trust my GM.  I say Cile.

With the addition of Fish, Ritchie, and Frostbeard and great updating work by our core, I believe we make it in.  Not a lock so 75% chance.

Tough one.  Going to go with Frostbeard.

80% split between all French-born players and the rest divided equally.  Seriously, don't have an opinion.  Happy with whatever Lesieur gets.

A tapir.  Outside of dogs, best animal ever.

6. Dessert or appetizer?

Definitely appetizer.  I have next to no sweet tooth, but will devour just about any appy.

7 hours ago, Enorama said:

Off-seaaaaason

6. Dessert or appetizer?

1. Cile kinda does make the most sense

2. I don't want to get my hopes up, but we have improved a lot compared to last season. I think our odds are pretty good

3. Tough to say. I'd have to say Frostbeard. Gives us that extra boost for our offense!

4. Honestly don't have too much of an opinion on this one. That's up to you Coach!

5. A moose? an Ox? maybe a reptile of some sort?

6. I like me a nice appetizer, but both are pretty good

On 1/13/2020 at 11:44 PM, Enorama said:

Off-seaaaaason

6. Dessert or appetizer?

1. Derek Eriksson

2. I for sure think ya guys will be better, maybe like a 70% chance?

3. I gotta agree with Fristbeard.

4. ehhh I really don't know ^^'' don't have much knowledge in that field.

5. A snow fox!!

6. Dessert for sure ^^

On 1/14/2020 at 1:44 AM, Enorama said:

Off-seaaaaason

1. The draft just finished, who is the biggest steal? (I think Cile is probably the only real answer right now) CLIE OBVIOUSLY

2. What are the odds that we make playoffs this season? 95%... DONT ASK HOW I GOT THAT

3. Out of Fish, Ritchie, and Frostbeard, who will turn out to be the most important add this off-season? FROSTBEARD - HIS LOCKER ROOM PRESENCE HAS BEEN DOPE AND I THINK HE WAS MY VHLM GM SO COOL

4. How should bonus money be divvied up this season? GIVE IT TO THE POOR

5. What's a mascot that the VHL doesn't have yet but definitely needs to add in the future? A SHRUB

6. Dessert or appetizer? APPLEBEES APPS FOR DAYS

On 1/14/2020 at 7:44 AM, Enorama said:

Off-seaaaaason

Well Cile @Savoire Faire could be the next great draft steal by DC, to follow in my footsteps. He's a great member in other leagues and if he can get into the flow of the VHL I'm sure he'll be making some big waves in the VHLM this season.

50/50, because we either do, or we don't.

In all seriousness it's hard to tell this early in the off-season, there could still be significant shakeups in the near future for any team which could drastically effect the Dragon's playoff odds. With the group of talent we've got on the ice now though I think we've got real hope of a first post-season appearance, mainly because I'm on the team now of course and I've never missed the playoffs before.

I'd love to say @FrostBeard but of course where would I be if I didn't back myself, I'm sure frostbeard will have a great season but I think I'm going to be turning more than a few heads this season.

All to me of course. I need more Lamborghinis in my Lamborghini account, more bookshelves in my bookshelves account, and more knawledge. How else could I drive up here in the Hollywood Hills

A Racoon, so we can send all the trash players like @Aye my name jeff.

6. Dessert or appetizer?

Dessert, some fresh profiteroles are top notch. Or some Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream, can't go wrong there. Or a homemade apple and blackberry crumble with custard, that's the good shit right there.

Pre-season edition

1. Which team improved the most this off-season?

2. Which team regressed the most this off-season?

3. Who is your way-too-early pick for S70 Continental Cup winner?

4. Gus has finally been announced as the replacement in Davos, who would you send to the vacant position in Mississauga?

5. What's your favourite movie?

6. The S71 1st round is super interesting already. How would you rank the top 6 picks so far? (Oferson, Davis, Killinger, Vikingstad, Wolski, and Bob)

3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Pre-season edition

1. Which team improved the most this off-season? TORONTO

2. Which team regressed the most this off-season? DAVOS 

3. Who is your way-too-early pick for S70 Continental Cup winner? HELSINKI??

4. Gus has finally been announced as the replacement in Davos, who would you send to the vacant position in Mississauga? FROSTBEARD 

5. What's your favourite movie? SUPERBAD

6. The S71 1st round is super interesting already. How would you rank the top 6 picks so far? (Oferson, Davis, Killinger, Vikingstad, Wolski, and Bob) BOB OBV, DAVIS, KILINGER, OFERSON, VIKINGSTAD, WOLSKI

9 hours ago, Enorama said:

Pre-season edition

4. Gus has finally been announced as the replacement in Davos, who would you send to the vacant position in Mississauga?

6. The S71 1st round is super interesting already. How would you rank the top 6 picks so far? (Oferson, Davis, Killinger, Vikingstad, Wolski, and Bob)

1. I dont follow the league too much but Ive heard some good things about Helsinki again.
2. Again im not too sure what to say here since i havent been following much.

3. Id have to say Helsinki.

4. Kyle Andersen, hes great.

5. Big Daddy for sure.

6. Who? Who and who?

21 hours ago, Enorama said:

Pre-season edition

1) without being biased, we did. 
2) I'd say Toronto, they were dominant for a while, now they're on a little retool mission.
3) Vancouver, they look really scary.
4) I don't really follow the VHLM, so I couldn't really recommend anyone.
5) This is a tough one, I enjoy lots of movies, but the first one that came to my mind was Life of Pi.
6) All of them are elite level at the moment, which means come the draft probably all of them could be franchise material, I'm gonna say that either Davis or Oferson go 1st overall.

Toronto

Davos

I'm leaning towards Helsinki but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!

Anyone who has the time and looking for some quality GM experience!

Step Brothers, no doubt.

I'm thinking Bob first overall however I'm interested in seeing how the rest pan out but should be exciting!

On 1/20/2020 at 12:38 PM, Enorama said:

Pre-season edition

1. Can’t say I follow the league too much to give an accurate guess, but from just taking a quick look through the teams I’d say either New York or DC did!

2. Davos. Mostly cause they’re last and still don’t look like they’ve improved much

3. Definitely Vancouver. 

4. Not too involved in the GM politics or candidates, but whoever is willing to put in the effort to be a good GM as well as put together a team that would be capable of competing.

5. Personally I have a lot. “Catch me if you can” is what comes to mind right now though

6. Oferson, Davis, Killinger, Wolski, Vikingstad & Bob

Without a doubt, D.C.  So many FA signings and our core has been updating as well as or better than anyone in the league.

Not really sure.  Maybe Seattle - furthest to fall and we got some of their best.

DC Dragons.  Hey, it may be a hot take, but I believe in our team.  Get us to the playoffs and anything can happen.  Witness the 1995 NJ Devils.

To be honest, no real idea.

Used to always say "Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai", because I love it, but I pop "Notting Hill" in the DVD player most often.  That or "Moneyball".

Bob, Davis, Killinger, Oferson, Vikingstad, Wolski.  Points to viewers for determining my ordering criteria.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:38 PM, Enorama said:

Pre-season edition

Didn't really follow much about the VHL last season but I think DC has made some really big improvements in the off-season

2. Which team regressed the most this off-season?]

Maybe Davos, I hear they've has some troubles recently.

How could I say any team apart from DC, we're hungry, we've got the drive and ability to get to the playoffs and make some noise. Vancouver would be my pick otherwise.

MexicanCow would be my pick, he was great as the AGM in San Diego and deserves a chances to step up and take control of his own team.

Snatch, great comedy about London gangsters that everyone should watch.

Honestly no idea really.

Season start edition

11 games in, we are currently sitting at the 4th rank in the Eastern Conference. Can we keep it up and make the playoffs?

This start of the season has been wild to say the least. Defending champions in Seattle is 10th in the league. Perennial laughing stock of the league in Davos is 5th, 1 position behind our expansion rivals in Prague. What's your biggest surprise so far?

Who has been the Dragons best player so far?

What do your individual stats look like af the moment and what do you hope they'll look like in another 10 games?

What song do you think they should play when you guys jump on the ice before our home games?

What's worse: snow or rain?

5 hours ago, McWolf said:

Season start edition

11 games in, we are currently sitting at the 4th rank in the Eastern Conference. Can we keep it up and make the playoffs? YES BECAUSE WE PLAYED GOOD TEAMS

This start of the season has been wild to say the least. Defending champions in Seattle is 10th in the league. Perennial laughing stock of the league in Davos is 5th, 1 position behind our expansion rivals in Prague. What's your biggest surprise so far? SEATTLOL WITHOUT FROSTBEARD

Who has been the Dragons best player so far? OUR GOALTENDERS

What do your individual stats look like af the moment and what do you hope they'll look like in another 10 games? I LIKE MY STATS - SHOULD HAVE HIGHER +/- SINCE WE SHOULDNT HAVE TO PLAY VANCOUVER 4 TIMES IN OUR FIRST 11 GAMES (2-2 BTW LOL @Beaviss)

What song do you think they should play when you guys jump on the ice before our home games? CHELSEA DAGGER

What's worse: snow or rain? RAIN - I SNOWBOARDED IN RAIN ON THURSDAY IT SUCKED ASS (PS FUCK U SEATTLE WEATHER)

11 games in, we are currently sitting at the 4th rank in the Eastern Conference. Can we keep it up and make the playoffs?

Absolutely!  Our younger core just gets stronger and stronger relative to the league and we've added some incredible veteran talent.

This start of the season has been wild to say the least. Defending champions in Seattle is 10th in the league. Perennial laughing stock of the league in Davos is 5th, 1 position behind our expansion rivals in Prague. What's your biggest surprise so far?

Probably Guy's 3 goals and 3 assists in 6 games start.  That has cooled off, but still looks like he's going to show dramatic improvement in S70.

Easy to pick a forward.  Going with Benny Graves.  Equal to Guy for 1st in goals.  More assists.

What do your individual stats look like af the moment and what do you hope they'll look like in another 10 games?

Guy is off to a fast start.  Anything close to this in the next 10 games would be awesome.

What song do you think they should play when you guys jump on the ice before our home games?

Dance with the Dragon - Jefferson Starship

In small amounts - rain.  Can't help but get wet whereas snow you are ok.  In large amounts, snow.  Pain to shovel!

Season start edition

Without a doubt. It's still early and we're all still getting use to our new lines and players. We're for sure to make improvements as the season goes on!

Definitely would have to be Davos' record right now. I mean it's early, but with how the relatively young team is performing right now is for sure a surprise.

I'd say Benny Graves. 10 points in 11 games as of right now and I have no doubt that he'll keep it up

What do your individual stats look like at the moment and what do you hope they'll look like in another 10 games?

Well I'm sitting at a measly 3 points right now with 1 goal and 2 assists. I've never been much of a goal scorer, but I do hope to get my assists up to at least 10 within the next few games.

Last Resort by Papa Roach

Snow!

1 11 games in, we are currently sitting at the 4th rank in the Eastern Conference. Can we keep it up and make the playoffs?

Absolutely, I think we can make a solid run for it if we keep working together and improving as the season goes on!

2 This start of the season has been wild to say the least. Defending champions in Seattle is 10th in the league. Perennial laughing stock of the league in Davos is 5th, 1 position behind our expansion rivals in Prague. What's your biggest surprise so far?

Honestly it's Seattle, I know they lost a lot of great players on their run but I wasn't expecting it to be almost "rebuilding" results but the season is still early.

3 Who has been the Dragons best player so far?

Benny and Guy are crushing it out there and giving Mikko the goal supported we've been needing. Charles is also really helping and chipping in from the blueline.

4 What do your individual stats look like af the moment and what do you hope they'll look like in another 10 games?

I'm hoping my stats take a more positive turn, most of my points come from losses so I'm hoping I can contribute more to help us win in points, shotblocks, hits, whatevers needed.

5 What song do you think they should play when you guys jump on the ice before our home games?

Only the greatest song of all time: Darude's 'Sandstorm'

6 What's worse: snow or rain?

I can drive in snow much better than in rain, either way I'd rather be indoors for either unless maybe skating on a pond during snowfall but those are hard to find in the DC area haha

On 1/28/2020 at 10:24 AM, McWolf said:

Season start edition

1) Performing a little worse than I thought we would, but I'm confident that we'll find our groove and make up some ground later in the season
2) Seattle performing so bad, although they lost some big pieces I didn't expect them to be this bad.
3) I feel like the entire squad has performed very even thus far, depth scoring is what wins championships so lets keep on doing that.
4) Mikko has had a relatively slow start to the season, but that could be correlated to the team being slow to start too, I'm sure that with everyone getting more comfortable with each other he'll start putting up some big points.
5) put on some AC/DC and we're good to go.
6) snow, rain doesn't bother me that much.

gotta hope Calgary collapses.

Seattle was indeed the biggest surprise. Nothing much now, although Toronto is still trying.

Not Kallis.

typical Kallis stats, I only can hope he gets into .920 eventually.

don't care

rain and snow mixed is trash. snow > rain btw

anotha one

1. How do you feel about the trivia rule change (that has since been reversed)?

2. Kriketers has been wildly inconsistent between the pipes, should we give Pouta more of a chance?

3. Our 4 dmen are at basically the same icetime per game, is this balance good or bad for the team?

4. The rookie winger Ritchie was recently moved to the top line with Graves and Aaltonen, what do you think of this change?

5. How do you manage your money? Is it with your parents like Jack Johnson's was before they bankrupted him?

6. Did you watch The Big Game? What did you think?

18 minutes ago, Enorama said:

anotha one

1. How do you feel about the trivia rule change (that has since been reversed)?

2. Kriketers has been wildly inconsistent between the pipes, should we give Pouta more of a chance?

3. Our 4 dmen are at basically the same icetime per game, is this balance good or bad for the team?

4. The rookie winger Ritchie was recently moved to the top line with Graves and Aaltonen, what do you think of this change?

5. How do you manage your money? Is it with your parents like Jack Johnson's was before they bankrupted him?

6. Did you watch The Big Game? What did you think?

1. It was kind of stupid. I feel like sharing the answers helped increase communication.

2. I think he’s just had a rough stretch. I believe in the management and i think they’ll do what gives us the best chance to win.

3. I’m all for playing your top players your top minutes, but in this case, I like the balance.

4. I think its a good opportunity for him, hopefully he can do well up there.

5. Managing money is still a thing? Why manage it when you have as much as us, am i right?

6. Nope, couldn’t care less.