DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

WHAT AN OFFSEASON!!!! Presser

1. What an offseason! Xavier Laflammant left us in free agency last year and came back in free agency this year. How do you feel about his return?

2. We have lots of new faces this year. Jungkok and Brian Strong Jr are veterans joining the Dragons from VAN/MAL/PRG/CHI and NYA/PRG respectively. What do you think is unique to DCD that will be new to these players?

3. The kids are here! Hugely hyped prospects creed and Germano Henchoz cracked the pre-season roster. What does it mean to you to have the next gen of Dragons finally arriving?

4. And how about that draft?! As always, Eno didn't have a first rounder but 17th overall is basically a first. He grabbed Brock Hampton at 17 and traded up to get other 17 OA target Jannik Nylen. What sage advice do you have for these new Dragon prospects?

5. We all know DC backups don't play at all, but we finally cut B-DCD-G and brought in backup Michael Olson. What does that mean to the team to finally have a legitimate backup?

6. It's summer finally! What makes you happiest about the new season? (sorry for the North America bias, feel free to yell at me if your winter isn't over or summer never ended)

Edited by bigAL
tagz

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

1. What an offseason! Xavier Laflammant left us in free agency last year and came back in free agency this year. How do you feel about his return?

2. We have lots of new faces this year. Jungkok and Brian Strong Jr are veterans joining the Dragons from VAN/MAL/PRG/CHI and NYA/PRG respectively. What do you think is unique to DCD that will be new to these players?

3. The kids are here! Hugely hyped prospects creed and Germano Henchoz cracked the pre-season roster. What does it mean to you to have the next gen of Dragons finally arriving?

4. And how about that draft?! As always, Eno didn't have a first rounder but 17th overall is basically a first. He grabbed Brock Hampton at 17 and traded up to get other 17 OA target Jannik Nylen. What sage advice do you have for these new Dragon prospects?

5. We all know DC backups don't play at all, but we finally cut B-DCD-G and brought in backup Michael Olson. What does that mean to the team to finally have a legitimate backup?

6. It's summer finally! What makes you happiest about the new season? (sorry for the North America bias, feel free to yell at me if your winter isn't over or summer never ended)

1. I was definitely disappointed that we couldn't keep him after his solid showing in S76, but we're always glad to have him back now!

2. I hope you have nitro, because the dancing dragon emote is top tier. Unfortunately my nitro ran out right after I had Eno edit it and add it to the LR.

3. I think it's always nice to see the next generation of VHLers. We're not going to be around forever, so someone else has to step up and be the face of the franchise.

4. Both of them were potential first round selections, and definitely 2nd round picks, so good on Eno to snag both of them!

5. From our time in Moscow in S76, I've seen Olson play lights out. I think he had the best GAA/SV % that season but the lack of starts lost him award nominations.

6. The warmth when sunlight hits your face when you step out of a shadow just feels much different in the late spring/early summer than in fall/winter. Odd choice but that's very pleasing.

1. What an offseason! Xavier Laflammant left us in free agency last year and came back in free agency this year. How do you feel about his return?

i dont quite know the guy but i feel like we will be good friends this season

2. We have lots of new faces this year. Jungkok and Brian Strong Jr are veterans joining the Dragons from VAN/MAL/PRG/CHI and NYA/PRG respectively. What do you think is unique to DCD that will be new to these players? 

i feel like this will give us depth and everything we need to push for a cup at some point hopfully it works out for us

3. The kids are here! Hugely hyped prospects creed and Germano Henchoz cracked the pre-season roster. What does it mean to you to have the next gen of Dragons finally arriving? 

with my self and germano coming up i want to say it will be an honor playing with everyone for my career

if they are in the vhlm still all i can say is work hard and most importantly get that tpa up so this team can utilize you

5. We all know DC backups don't play at all, but we finally cut B-DCD-G and brought in backup Michael Olson. What does that mean to the team to finally have a legitimate backup?

if we get playing time im cool with it

6. It's summer finally! What makes you happiest about the new season? (sorry for the North America bias, feel free to yell at me if your winter isn't over or summer never ended.

my birthday and being able to go outside 

4 hours ago, bigAL said:

1. I’m excited to come back, I was a little worried that cap wasn’t going to work out but very glad it did! Nowhere I’d rather spend my last season :)

2. Well I actually spent time with Strong Jr. in Prague last season and I know he brings a new level of play to this dragons team, I expect we should be a higher scoring team than years past.

3. I think we are going to sort of pass the torch to the next generation of Dragons. Sort of feels like when Altonen retired but now I’m retiring :(

4. Keep active in the lockerroom, we have a wealth of knowledge for VHL that we are more than happy to share.

5. personally, I’m excited. Having a real goalie is a huge advantage over having a bot, hopefully he steals a game or two we otherwise would’ve lost with the bot in net. 
6. I just love the long days that come in the summer, no summertime sadness over here!

13 hours ago, bigAL said:

1. Always liked Xavier. He was a great Dragon, and I expect nothing less this time around!!

2. Our logo is a dragon, and we are Dragons. That's pretty unique. We kick ass, though. Our group of players are fun to share a LR with too.

3. It's going to be exciting to see what they can do!

4. Just keep putting in that TPE. TPEz = Successz for the most part.

5. I will teach him the ways of the Dragon.

6. It's my final season, so I'm excited to see what we can do.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:58 PM, bigAL said:

1. aaaaa who's Xavier Laflammant? i'm new here so can someone tell me who he is? haahha

2. aaaaa new face? and where is my name?...... i'm new here to!!!!

3. hope they can help us win the trophy!!!!

4. play it cool, and be the boss!!!! LOL

5. aaaaaa hope they can help us win the cup?

6. new season new me of course!!! getting stronger!!!!

Presser: The First Week

1. What a start to the season! Super rookie @assassin6898creed scores on his first VHL shot! How do we celebrate his milestone?

2. Every single player on our team has scored a goal! (rip Germano Henchoz) How are you feeling about your individual start to the season?

3. One player on our team is super gooning it up, with 24 PIMs through 8 games, and 16 PIM more than the next highest goon. Without looking, who do you think our enforcer is and why them?

4. What lessons did we learn from our home-and-home series with Chicago that ended 16-4 on aggregate, for the bad guys?

5. What's the state of the world lockdown stuff where you live?

6. How great has your May been on a scale of 1-10? Why?

1. What a start to the season! Super rookie @assassin6898creed scores on his first VHL shot! How do we celebrate his milestone? come on my boat that i got as a signning bonus with halifax and have a party.

2. Every single player on our team has scored a goal! (rip Germano Henchoz) How are you feeling about your individual start to the season? even though i dont play much i feel good being on this team and cant wait to see what i can do as a starter in the future

3. One player on our team is super gooning it up, with 24 PIMs through 8 games, and 16 PIM more than the next highest goon. Without looking, who do you think our enforcer is and why them? the enforcer can be anyone but we must all own up to our mistakes and take it a game at a time.

4. What lessons did we learn from our home-and-home series with Chicago that ended 16-4 on aggregate, for the bad guys? work harder than the other team and work togather

cant tell my city dont really care as i look left and right people are just wandering about doing thier own thing wearing mask 

10. been pretty peaceful this month now i hope that streak can continue till the end of the year

1. What a start to the season! Super rookie @assassin6898creed scores on his first VHL shot! How do we celebrate his milestone?

2. Every single player on our team has scored a goal! (rip Germano Henchoz) How are you feeling about your individual start to the season?

Well since I dont score goals. I feel ok. I am 1-1. so I definetly can do better. but its early

3. One player on our team is super gooning it up, with 24 PIMs through 8 games, and 16 PIM more than the next highest goon. Without looking, who do you think our enforcer is and why them? With out looking I couldn't say 

4. What lessons did we learn from our home-and-home series with Chicago that ended 16-4 on aggregate, for the bad guys?

I learned we need to focus our attention on Defence.

All is golden in Florida. we didnt follow the sheep states

8 Sun is shining and the roads are clear. perfect weather to hit the road on the Motorcycle

1. What an offseason! Xavier Laflammant left us in free agency last year and came back in free agency this year. How do you feel about his return?

Always great to have a high end player return

2. We have lots of new faces this year. Jungkok and Brian Strong Jr are veterans joining the Dragons from VAN/MAL/PRG/CHI and NYA/PRG respectively. What do you think is unique to DCD that will be new to these players?

As a new player my self. I cant really answer that queation

3. The kids are here! Hugely hyped prospects creed and Germano Henchoz cracked the pre-season roster. What does it mean to you to have the next gen of Dragons finally arriving?. The future is looking bright  always good to have high end prospects make the roster

Don't rush your journey. take your time and enjoy the ride

5. We all know DC backups don't play at all, but we finally cut B-DCD-G and brought in backup Michael Olson. What does that mean to the team to finally have a legitimate backup?

Its means a lot to me since he is Me . Glad to be here

6. It's summer finally! What makes you happiest about the new season? (sorry for the North America bias, feel free to yell at me if your winter isn't over or summer never ended)   Hitting the road on the bike

On 5/23/2021 at 8:36 PM, bigAL said:

1. What a start to the season! Super rookie @assassin6898creed scores on his first VHL shot! How do we celebrate his milestone?

3. One player on our team is super gooning it up, with 24 PIMs through 8 games, and 16 PIM more than the next highest goon. Without looking, who do you think our enforcer is and why them?

1. let's have a drink all night!!!

2. not bad for my player, but still need to improve

3. hmmmmm can be anyone..... but i hope it's my player...... still need to improve!!!!

4. practice harder!!!! all the team together!!!!!

5. no lockdown but still minimize the people outside

6. 10 of course!!!! really happy this month

Pressssser

1. The VHLE announcement dropped this week! What are your first thoughts?

2. There's a poll up to vote for which city should get an E League team. What did you / would you vote for, and why?

3. The E League is for players who aren't necessarily super duper max earners, but want to play somewhere more competitive than the VHLM and don't want to get slammed as a low TPE player in the VHL. What do you think your experience with the VHLE will be? Will you zoom through it in one season or stick around for a few?

4. DC is hawt, and put up two 6-goal games today. Would you rather: score 6 goals in a game twice a week and only score 2 in every other game for a week, or would you rather average 3.5 goals a game for a whole week?

5. It's long weekend season, Victoria Day in Canada, Memorial Day in USA, 'call in sick cuz fuck Mondays' day everywhere else. What did you / would you do with a three day weekend?

6. Favourite thing to bbq??

On 5/23/2021 at 6:36 AM, bigAL said:

1. First goal on first shot? Take shots.

2. Wolski could be better, but he's old and in his final season. I think he could steal some more games, for sure.

3. It would probably be Groovy. Dude's a monster.

4. Gotta be better defensively, and need a better performance from Wolski.

5. Things are slowly opening up in BC. Since Tuesday, we've been able to have people at our houses again, and restaurants opened back up.

6. I'd give it a 7 or 8. I've been doing a lot of outdoor activities.

Pressssser

Interesting to say the least. COuld give more spots for player to develope

2. There's a poll up to vote for which city should get an E League team. What did you / would you vote for, and why?

Oslo and Berlin. would rather see a team in Iceland tho

3. The E League is for players who aren't necessarily super duper max earners, but want to play somewhere more competitive than the VHLM and don't want to get slammed as a low TPE player in the VHL. What do you think your experience with the VHLE will be? Will you zoom through it in one season or stick around for a few?

If I end up getting sent down. I can see my self taking my time and enjoying the ride

4. DC is hawt, and put up two 6-goal games today. Would you rather: score 6 goals in a game twice a week and only score 2 in every other game for a week, or would you rather average 3.5 goals a game for a whole week?

I would and do like to stomp my opponents so 6 is greta 

5. It's long weekend season, Victoria Day in Canada, Memorial Day in USA, 'call in sick cuz fuck Mondays' day everywhere else. What did you / would you do with a three day weekend? I rode the bike. and enjoyed the weather

Fish hands down

On 5/31/2021 at 5:39 AM, bigAL said:

Pressssser

2. There's a poll up to vote for which city should get an E League team. What did you / would you vote for, and why?

5. It's long weekend season, Victoria Day in Canada, Memorial Day in USA, 'call in sick cuz fuck Mondays' day everywhere else. What did you / would you do with a three day weekend?

1. really excited, so the player that not strong enough can develop before playing in VHL

2. i really want it to be in tokyo but there's no tokyo there ahaha so i chose berlin, because why not ahahha

3. i think i can zoom through it in one season

4. i think average 3.5 goals is better

5.  hibernate!!!!! getting all my power back again

6. bratwurts for sure!!!! but steak nice too, or skewer

Pressssser!

1. We don’t have a team mascot. Should we? What’s your philosophy on mascots?

2. If we did get a mascot, what would  it look like and what would it’s name be?

3. The team is heating up lately as our offense continues to have massive games. Whats the key to staying engaged and focused in the third period when we’re up 6-2?

4. How do we celebrate after these huge wins?

5. Where will we finish in the standings this year?

6. Does a straw have two holes or one?

On 6/6/2021 at 11:02 PM, bigAL said:

Pressssser!

1. We don’t have a team mascot. Should we? What’s your philosophy on mascots?

2. If we did get a mascot, what would  it look like and what would it’s name be?

3. The team is heating up lately as our offense continues to have massive games. Whats the key to staying engaged and focused in the third period when we’re up 6-2?

4. How do we celebrate after these huge wins?

5. Where will we finish in the standings this year?

6. Does a straw have two holes or one?

1. yeah sure!!!! let's make something cool but cute at the same time, maybe like toothless from how to train your dragon?. hmm i don't know about philosophy for the mascot but yeah cute and cool dragon

2. toothless from how to train your dragon tipe? cute but cool at the same time. maybe drago coney? cause DC? ahahah

3. more focus on defense? or maybe keep attacking, both seems ok, but more work from the D

4. party all night all day for sure!!!! ahahha

5. 3rd in conf should be good

6. two!!!!! why only one? aaaa......

PrEsSeRrrrr

1. Holy hell the season flies by. We played our 50th game yesterday! There's a clear top two in the conference, but then we're stuck in a pack of 4, playing for 3 playoff spots, separated by 3 points. Fuck/marry/kill the playoff race (crush and enjoy it; play in the first round of playoffs; doesn't make the playoffs):

- Calgary Wranglers, New York Americans, Los Angeles Stars

2. Even with all our 6 💣, we're still hovering around a zero goal differential. Should our practices focus on playing more offense or defense?

3. What did you do for Theme Week? Toss a link in here, share it with us.

4. If we got to send players to the All Star game, who's going and why?

5. How do you feel as a player on a Trade Deadline Day?

6. Vaccine or no vaccine?

On 6/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, bigAL said:

PrEsSeRrrrr

1. Holy hell the season flies by. We played our 50th game yesterday! There's a clear top two in the conference, but then we're stuck in a pack of 4, playing for 3 playoff spots, separated by 3 points. Fuck/marry/kill the playoff race (crush and enjoy it; play in the first round of playoffs; doesn't make the playoffs):

- Calgary Wranglers, New York Americans, Los Angeles Stars

2. Even with all our 6 💣, we're still hovering around a zero goal differential. Should our practices focus on playing more offense or defense?

3. What did you do for Theme Week? Toss a link in here, share it with us.

4. If we got to send players to the All Star game, who's going and why?

5. How do you feel as a player on a Trade Deadline Day?

6. Vaccine or no vaccine?

1. new york americans crush and enjoy, los angeles stars play in the first round of playoffs, calgary wranglers doesn't make the playoffs

2. defense of course, our attack still ok, but our defense kinda bad

3. nothing..... i really don't know what to do.....

4. how about my player? really want to play for the all star game once.......

5. anxious..... because i don't know if my player will be traded or not ahhaha

6. vaccine for sure, but gonna pick which one

PRESSER!

1. Y u no answer our press conference questions?

2. No for real, is there anything management can do to make sure you hit your 12 capped a week??

3. The Dragon's Den is hosting a huge 50/50 draw at the next Saturday night home game. What's the best prize you can think of?

4. To go along with the the big prize night, the canteen is making signature drinks! What's the DC Dragon drink??

5. Now would be a great time to go on a hot streak. What's the secret to winning many games in a row?

6. If you were a baseball player instead of a hockey player, what position would you be?

3 hours ago, bigAL said:

PRESSER!

2. No for real, is there anything management can do to make sure you hit your 12 capped a week??

3. The Dragon's Den is hosting a huge 50/50 draw at the next Saturday night home game. What's the best prize you can think of?

4. To go along with the the big prize night, the canteen is making signature drinks! What's the DC Dragon drink??

5. Now would be a great time to go on a hot streak. What's the secret to winning many games in a row?

6. If you were a baseball player instead of a hockey player, what position would you be?

1. Sometimes I already have 12 capped! I don't do a thing unless I'm getting paid!

2. More nagging.

3. A real life dragon.

4. Some kind of shots or drink named after dragons.

5. You just have to score more goals than you allow, but consecutively. It's easy.

6. Pitcher!

On 6/21/2021 at 1:14 AM, bigAL said:

PRESSER!

1. i answer all the presser, because i need the tpe

2. i can only do 7...... the other 5 i don't know what to do

3. turkey!!!! a 1 whole big turkey!!!! bbq it!!!
4. bloody mary bloody mary, where are you?

5. aaaaa teamwork!!!! yup gonna be teamwork. and skil ahahah

6. outfielder!!! righ left or center doesn't matter

PRESSER, PLAYOFF EDITION

1. Oooooh baby! One series down! How do you feel about our 3-1 win over the New York Americans?

2. They say playoff hockey is tight, lowscoring, and defensive. How can you explain our 4-game, 19 GF and 16 GA series?

3. Are we going to keep up this high-flying, super-scoring ways in the playoffs?

4. Are the playoffs actually any different hockey than the regular season?

5. What's your personal playoff superstition? 

6. What should the team do together as we get deeper into a playoff run?

Tags:

3 hours ago, bigAL said:

PRESSER, PLAYOFF EDITION

1. Oooooh baby! One series down! How do you feel about our 3-1 win over the New York Americans?

2. They say playoff hockey is tight, lowscoring, and defensive. How can you explain our 4-game, 19 GF and 16 GA series?

3. Are we going to keep up this high-flying, super-scoring ways in the playoffs?

Tags:

1. Definitely a huge victory! Didn't let them force 7, especially with how offensive the series was.

2. We were a couple of very offensive teams. Hard to predict anything in hockey sometimes.

3. I think it might settle down a bit, but still with games totaling 5-6 goals overall.

4. If goalies get in a groove, a team can go a long way in the playoffs.

5. Always gotta wear the jersey as a fan on game day.

6. Ultimately celebrate a cup.

On 6/28/2021 at 2:42 AM, bigAL said:

PRESSER, PLAYOFF EDITION

1. so happy!!!!! let's get to final!!!!!

2. tight playoff only for lower team, we're the higher team!!!!

3. yes of course!!!! score more!!!! hope get score fewer

4. yeah of course!!!! one game decided every team future

5. aaaaa i don't have any, all i know is playoff is dope!!!

6. teamwork!!! be more confident!!!! score more and defense stronger!!!!