Random bits of information

Victor

• Admin

Hello there, happy end of S71! Today I would like to share with you all some random bits of information neither of which is worthy of an article on its own.

• Shawn Glade got a lot of shit as Davos GM. For various things, like constantly trading himself to contenders when Davos was trying to compete. But, Shawn Glade the player benefited from this. 4 finals, 3 cups in just 6 seasons, and it turns out a VHL record. With 25 career playoff goals, Glade scored more times in the playoffs than any other defenceman ever, beating the great Sterling Labatte by one goal (in five fewer games to boot). So there's that. @ShawnGlade

• The opposite of Shawn Glade in the playoffs was Diljodh Starload. You'd be better served putting a jersey on an actual pylon than rely on Dil in a Game 7. But, Starload did manage to complete what must be a unique VHL achievement – he won every VHL or VHLM award named after an Alexander. That's the Chershenko (VHLM most goals), Beketov (VHL most assists), and Valiq (VHL best offensive defenceman). He also chose to not win any other awards to preserve the purity of that achievement. @Dil

• Speaking of Latvia, Riga is now on a 10-season playoff streak, 1 off the all-time record of 11 set by New York in S34. Speaking of New York, they are now on the fifth longest cup drought of all-time.

• Oh and as of today for the first time ever the top scorer award is shared. With 88 points as well smh.

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

NYA:choking indiana pacers GIF by NBA

No no no, we choked last season by getting shut out by a backup to close the season and miss playoffs by one point. This time around we were just shit until we traded our best player to downgrade at center with a guy that had to build for the position on the fly. Much different. :P

22 hours ago, Victor said:

As of S71, there are 3 VHL GMs born in Latvia – myself

I had no idea.

22 hours ago, Victor said:

Speaking of Latvia, Riga is now on a 10-season playoff streak, 1 off the all-time record of 11 set by New York in S34. Speaking of New York, they are now on the fifth longest cup drought of all-time.

McWolf contributed to both ?

• Admin
1 minute ago, McWolf said:

I had no idea.

Still one of my biggest shocks ever was joining the Victory Hockey League and immediately seeing a team from my hometown.

Haven't lived in Riga for nearly 20 years now though.

4 minutes ago, Victor said:

Still one of my biggest shocks ever was joining the Victory Hockey League and immediately seeing a team from my hometown.

Haven't lived in Riga for nearly 20 years now though.

No one ever knew but you were always the targeted crowd for this. You, specifically.

My own biggest shock was learning I'm older than you.

For some reason, I always thought you were from the UK. Guessing that's where you are right now, though, or maybe I've been bamboozled this whole time.

Edited by McWolf

• Admin
5 minutes ago, McWolf said:

For some reason, I always thought you were from the UK. Guessing that's where you are right now, though, or maybe I've been bamboozled this whole time.

Correct, yes, although I joined the VHL when I was still living in Vancouver. It's been wild.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

Correct, yes, although I joined the VHL when I was still living in Vancouver. It's been wild.

Meanwhile, I now live 5 minutes away from my previous apartment, and 30 minutes away from my childhood home. You're wild

13 minutes ago, Victor said:

ah yes, when you brought your friend along to the pub and I had to pretend that I met you in Vancouver because you didn't want him to know you were meeting with a stranger from an online hockey simulation league

• Admin
1 minute ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

ah yes, when you brought your friend along to the pub and I had to pretend that I met you in Vancouver because you didn't want him to know you were meeting with a stranger from an online hockey simulation league

I got drunk enough later on that night that I spilled the beans to him anyway lol.