Town of Salem #9

Gustav

You know what it is!

I'm your usual host, Gustav, this game making an appearance with my trusty sidekick @Berocka. Just one thing before I throw in my copy-paste:

Version 3.2.5 is out!

Read my post in the game update thread or check the wiki for more info, but, in short, some roles are changing. Neutral Killing roles are getting stronger, while Lookout is getting a slight nerf. These changes WILL be in effect for this game, so keep an eye out!

Now for the copy-paste:

-I'm going with my usual starting and ending times as a general guideline: WHENEVER THE HELL I WAKE UP marks the start of each day phase, and 9 PM EST marks the start of each night phase. Those will be the times that I'll aim for, but, officially, the start of one phase and the end of another comes whenever I make the announcement. You'll be pinged. I will do my best to give out expected announcement times, but I reserve the right to kick off any phase at any time.

-No talking in this thread during night phases. That goes for everybody, regardless of role. I have no power to lock this thread at night, and there's no official penalty for talking in here at night, but if you see one of your fellow citizens doing so, please yell at them for me.

-Do not edit posts. I've been relaxed about not yelling at people who have, but editing is a sneaky way to take out potentially incriminating information. If you say something stupid, too bad. Don't change it.

-If you are reasonably able to be online at the start of the night phases, please make an effort to do so. The JAILOR (if there is a Jailor) is able to speak with you in their own Discord server at night, and that is when I will send an invite to whoever is jailed. If it is within your power to do so and doesn't present a huge inconvenience, please be online when the night phase starts and please join the server out of respect for the Jailor and their time.

-DO NOT PM ANYBODY. All communication must happen in this thread, unless you have already received an invite to a Discord server where you may speak as well. If you haven't, keep everything here. Should you wish to contact someone directly, it MUST be done through a whisper (see above for whispering rules and guidelines)

-STAY ACTIVE. If you do go two day and night phases in a row without speaking in public, speaking in a private Discord, or sending me a night action (or specifically telling me you do not want to take a night action), I will swing the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death. You do not want the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death, and neither does anybody on your side.

-NO ROLES ARE OFF THE TABLE. If you play the online game, you may be familiar with a Classic mode being the default, where many of the newer roles are not used. In these games, if the evil faction is the Mafia, ALL roles which are not members of the Coven may be used. This includes Any All and Town Traitor.

-The game starts NOW, with an extended Day 1 phase lasting until (about) 9 PM EST tomorrow (or, ok, fine, tonight).

The rules are here

The Town of Salem Wiki, for additional information, is here

Ya like jazz?

Role List:

1x TOWN SUPPORT

2x TOWN INVESTIGATIVE

2x TOWN KILLING

3x RANDOM TOWN

1x GODFATHER

2x RANDOM MAFIA

1x COVEN LEADER

2x RANDOM COVEN

1x NEUTRAL EVIL

1x RANDOM NEUTRAL

(no Any this game because I talked to omg about role ratios beforehand so giving any player a good idea of what the Any spot is would be wrong)

Player list:

@BarzalGoat

@bigAL

@chatfan036

@Devise

@DoktorFunk

@Doomsday

@jhatty8

@Mike

@MMFLEX

@Mr_Hatter

@omgitshim

@osens

@Ricer13

@Spartan

@Wreckening

Yes, this is our first game with both evil factions! Let's see how this goes.

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

Should you wish to contact someone directly, it MUST be done through a whisper (see above for whispering rules and guidelines)

Note I believe this does not apply and Gustav just hasn't removed this from the copy paste.

4 hours ago, Berocka said:

Note I believe this does not apply and Gustav just hasn't removed this from the copy paste.

I was wondering how far into the game I'd make it before I got to use the phrase "I'm an idiot" again.

Turns out it's only D1. Carry on.

8 hours ago, Devise said:

Aaaand its a town traitor game. 

tenor.gif

Hey all what's popping.

It's not TT

3 hours ago, jhatty8 said:

Double evil AND NK buffs? Woof

I read over the patch notes last night and they added a bit more to it than what we saw a couple weeks ago too.

1 hour ago, BarzalGoat said:

No eagles? Who are we supposed to vote N1? 

Don't let that stop us. Vote Eagles.

1 hour ago, chatfan036 said:

@GustavMattias there are 16 roles listed but only 15 members, do we have an invisible member playing? 

Yeah, you already figured it out but for the sake of others in the game I forgot to put Caboose on the player list.

So ordinarily I would say if we have a jailor they should reveal for tp lo, but with no guarantee of a town protective (though i would guess there is one) plus small number of town maybe we shouldn’t do that this game? Up to our maybe jailor to decide i guess

2 hours ago, Caboose30 said:

Just realized if there is a vigi this game... they have almost a 50/50 shot of getting a bad guy 

Pretty good odds we have one with both Vet and Jailor being unique roles and having two Town Killing in the role list. Unless Gustav has unleashed Vampires on us once again and one of them is a Vampire Hunter.

11 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Pretty good odds we have one with both Vet and Jailor being unique roles and having two Town Killing in the role list. Unless Gustav has unleashed Vampires on us once again and one of them is a Vampire Hunter.

ah fuck. I don't even want to think about that

@omgitshim Did I misread the main post then? 

14 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

-NO ROLES ARE OFF THE TABLE. If you play the online game, you may be familiar with a Classic mode being the default, where many of the newer roles are not used. In these games, if the evil faction is the Mafia, ALL roles which are not members of the Coven may be used. This includes Any All and Town Traitor.

Or is there no TT because it's not a listed role? I was presuming since it was one of the listed roles last time that we messed it up since we managed to narrow it down based on claims. If there is no TT don't get me wrong, I'm a happy camper here. TT games are a nightmare. 

5 minutes ago, Devise said:

Or is there no TT because it's not a listed role? I was presuming since it was one of the listed roles last time that we messed it up since we managed to narrow it down based on claims. If there is no TT don't get me wrong, I'm a happy camper here. TT games are a nightmare. 

Nice try town traitor!

Kidding, I imagine it would have to be listed

52 minutes ago, Devise said:

I read it as "this includes the Any All and TT game modes". If there was a TT it would be clearly known at the start, either in the role list or explicitly stated.

1 minute ago, omgitshim said:

I read it as "this includes the Any All and TT game modes". If there was a TT it would be clearly known at the start, either in the role list or explicitly stated.

Yeah that is how it was listed previously, I just kind of assumed since it was an asked question in the poll that if he was going to make it a TT game state plainly it was. So that reading to me felt like the on switch to suggest that it was a TT game. I'd like to hope your right in this case and that it would be more explicitly stated that it is in fact as TT game yes or no haha. It's such an important yes or no. The town being convinced it's not a town traitor game when it is would be some high level town traitor play.