WJC Predictions #3 - THE MEDAL ROUND

bigAL

Did Asia bust your bracket yet? Are you rattled that North America is the worst continent? Cheer up friends, even if your team loses, you can win the 🧠BIG BRAIN AWARD🧠 

Day 3 predictions are here: https://forms.gle/a7iozqYbcCvwgurU7

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT TPE. THIS IS A PREDICTIONS POINT LEADERBOARD THAT WILL ADD UP WITH EACH ONE. WINNER GETS THE BIG BRAIN AWARD AT THE AWARDS CEREMONY.

Day 2 Results:

1. Will there be a shutout today (Game 11-20)

Survey says.... NO!

2. What's the most goals someone will score in one game today?

While there were a crapton of deuces dropped yesterday, three players stepped up and with a 3 goal game: Maksim Yakolevsky (Asia), Carson Walkers (USA), and Javad Kamkar (Asia).

3. How many of Team Europe's games went to overtime? 

Everybody except one poor soul nailed it on the head, they had one overtime game.

4. Pick the score of Game 18: World/Asia

No one predicted a barn-burner of a game, the score was 6-4 for the Asian squad!

Leaderboard: 

1st place, 3 points:

2nd place, 2 points:

3rd place, 1 point:

Edited by bigAL
THIS IS NOT TPE

1 minute ago, Domg5 said:

@bigAL are these uncapped TPE?

My TPE budget for this tournament is actually a negative number, so no. 

You could, however, win the inaugural, coveted, legendary, smartastic, 🧠BIG BRAIN AWARD🧠 which comes with absolutely no benefits other than supreme bragging rights and knowledge that you can accurately see the future. Maybe a gfx pro will make a certificate you can print out and stick on your fridge too, who knows? (oh wait the winner knows because they can sEe ThE fUtUrE!!!)

1 minute ago, NSG88 said:

@bigAL, was I the one port soul who predicted Europe’s OT games wrong?

No actually! I hate to publicly tar and feather, but someone with a white and blue logo thought there wouldn't be any OT games.

1 minute ago, bigAL said:

My TPE budget for this tournament is actually a negative number, so no. 

You could, however, win the inaugural, coveted, legendary, smartastic, 🧠BIG BRAIN AWARD🧠 which comes with absolutely no benefits other than supreme bragging rights and knowledge that you can accurately see the future. Maybe a gfx pro will make a certificate you can print out and stick on your fridge too, who knows? (oh wait the winner knows because they can sEe ThE fUtUrE!!!)

If I win it I will also win it as a GM because I went all in for Canada in my predictions #3! ALL OR NOTHING!

6 minutes ago, Domg5 said:

If I win it I will also win it as a GM because I went all in for Canada in my predictions #3! ALL OR NOTHING!

My heart says all.... my brain says nothing.... tough year for the NA

2 minutes ago, Mistxh J said:

@bigAL if i reached my capped limit this week am i still able to claim this..?

I just added this disclaimer to the post:

21 minutes ago, bigAL said:

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT TPE. THIS IS A PREDICTIONS POINT LEADERBOARD THAT WILL ADD UP WITH EACH ONE. WINNER GETS THE BIG BRAIN AWARD AT THE AWARDS CEREMONY.

47 minutes ago, Mistxh J said:

Thanks for clearing it up! Still new to the league so wasn't sure how this worked

We do do some things just for funsies but you’re right, a lot of times we can get some sweet sweet teeps from things like predictions and fantasy sim hockey.