Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

On 11/14/2023 at 9:53 AM, Doomsday said:

1. Jake Thunder of Davos is having a really strong season offensively, and is still hitting and blocking shots at a good pace so far as well. He's definitely in the running for the Labatte.

2. This is a tough one, as there isn't really a clear standout that excels at everything. CGY Janser is killing it with hits and blocked shots, but isn't a top ten in points. Leif Reingaard leads all defensemen in points, but doesn't have a lot of hits and just cracks the top ten in shots blocked. Tyler Swift is probably the most balanced of the candidates so far.

3. Petit Hughie has been showing out in points, hits, and shots blocked, and looks to be the front-runner in my opinion so far.

1. We're already about halfway through the season, what's the biggest surprise so far?

2. What's a topping that needs to be banned from pizzas?

3. If a zoo would inexplicably allow you to take one of their animals home with you, which one would you pick?

1. The top seeded teams have been a surprise so far for each conference I’d say.

2. Definitely anchovies.

3. I’d have to go with a lion.

1. How have you felt about your players performance so far this season?

2. What is your favorite winter activity?

3. What is your go to drink to relax?

20 hours ago, Arce said:

1. The top seeded teams have been a surprise so far for each conference I’d say.

2. Definitely anchovies.

3. I’d have to go with a lion.

1. How have you felt about your players performance so far this season?

2. What is your favorite winter activity?

3. What is your go to drink to relax?

1. My players performance has been decent, though leans closer to disappointing for me. Raimo is kind of mid right now.

2. Probably skating or playing hockey in an outdoor rink! We have an outdoor rink that is about a 10 minute walk away for me so I usually go there and enjoy some afternoons and evenings on the ice.

3. To relax? I'd have to go with an iced tea. It's just very calming for me I find. Though I'd say a matcha latte would be a close second, iced tea is less expensive and to me a bit more worth it.

1. What is your player's jersey number and what is the story behind it?

2. Name a duo you'd think would make the most sense if VHL teams had VHLE affiliates.

3. What handedness is your player?

On 11/19/2023 at 8:16 PM, SlapshotWrangler said:

1. My players performance has been decent, though leans closer to disappointing for me. Raimo is kind of mid right now.

2. Probably skating or playing hockey in an outdoor rink! We have an outdoor rink that is about a 10 minute walk away for me so I usually go there and enjoy some afternoons and evenings on the ice.

3. To relax? I'd have to go with an iced tea. It's just very calming for me I find. Though I'd say a matcha latte would be a close second, iced tea is less expensive and to me a bit more worth it.

1. What is your player's jersey number and what is the story behind it?

2. Name a duo you'd think would make the most sense if VHL teams had VHLE affiliates.

3. What handedness is your player?

1. I've had a few. I used to wear 61 because I'm a huge Rick Nash fan, but I switched to 88 a while ago. I'm a big Nylander fan, and it's my birth year.

2. I think that the best pairing would be Malmo and Stockholm from a geographic standpoint so that it would simplify call ups for Malmo.

3. Right handed in everything: shooting, writing, throwing, batting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your favourite sports movie to watch?

2. Did you partake in any Black Friday deals, be it online or in store?

3. Do you participate in Theme Week each VHL season, and did you this season?

On 11/24/2023 at 7:16 PM, dstevensonjr said:

1. What is your favourite sports movie to watch?

2. Did you partake in any Black Friday deals, be it online or in store?

3. Do you participate in Theme Week each VHL season, and did you this season?

1) I don't know if I have one really. I guess Slap Shot from back in the day? Or maybe Dodgeball if that counts

2) I bought a couple of courses online. One for .NET coding and the other for Flutter.
3) I do not, I just don't like the writing part of these types of leagues so I generally miss the theme weeks.

Questions:

1) Will the Edmonton Oilers make the playoffs in the NHL this season?
2) It's getting cold in this part of the world, are you ready for the snow? Do you like the snow?
3) Would a sim league work without writing tasks? How would one work without them?

9 hours ago, nerji said:

1) Will the Edmonton Oilers make the playoffs in the NHL this season?
2) It's getting cold in this part of the world, are you ready for the snow? Do you like the snow?
3) Would a sim league work without writing tasks? How would one work without them?

answers:
1) it will surely be rough for them but we seen worse winning a cup in the past. Not saying they'll win the cup at all but I think they could steal a wildcard spot maybe.

2) No I'm never ready for snow.

3) I don't think it would, the writing tasks are the content that bring people back on the forum and makes it feel alive.

Questions:

1) What will happen first? LA winning their first cup or NY breaking their cup drought?
2) in 5 seasons, what team will be the cup favorite in your opinion?
3) Choose your goal song, what is your choice?

38 minutes ago, Dom said:

Questions:

1) What will happen first? LA winning their first cup or NY breaking their cup drought?
2) in 5 seasons, what team will be the cup favorite in your opinion?
3) Choose your goal song, what is your choice?

Answers
1A) LA winning probably. Great Roster and good prospects coming up I think

2A) Prague! Not biased at all🙂

3A) Heavy - The Glorious Sons. The chorus’ guitar riffs are killer!

Questions

1) If theres no assigned spots in the locker room, who are you sitting next to?

2) Who do you model your player after?

3) Is your player meeting your expectations this far into the season?

On 11/26/2023 at 8:03 PM, Ktoms22 said:

Answers
1A) LA winning probably. Great Roster and good prospects coming up I think

2A) Prague! Not biased at all🙂

3A) Heavy - The Glorious Sons. The chorus’ guitar riffs are killer!

Questions

1) If theres no assigned spots in the locker room, who are you sitting next to?

2) Who do you model your player after?

3) Is your player meeting your expectations this far into the season?

Answers:

1) Our goalies, always gotta joke around with them to keep em lose.

2) Modelled after Kevin Fiala of the LA Kings.

3) The team has gotten hot after a slow start thanks to my player being consistent.  Still always expect a little more though!

Questions:

1) What's been your biggest surprise so far this VHL season?

2) Name one essential travel item for team roadtrips.

3) Do you think the VHL needs more "in-season" activities or milestones aside from Theme Week?

43 minutes ago, v.2 said:

Answers:

1) Our goalies, always gotta joke around with them to keep em lose.

2) Modelled after Kevin Fiala of the LA Kings.

3) The team has gotten hot after a slow start thanks to my player being consistent.  Still always expect a little more though!

Questions:

1) What's been your biggest surprise so far this VHL season?

2) Name one essential travel item for team roadtrips.

3) Do you think the VHL needs more "in-season" activities or milestones aside from Theme Week?

1. I honestly haven’t paid too much attention to the pros being in the M this season. 
2. Bluetooth speaker for sure.

3. I think that would be awesome. We have Christmas and all to look forward to but I feel like we could use something in the middle of the year as well. 

1. Check in, how are you feeling about your players performance so far?

2. What is your favorite activity outside of hockey?

3. What in your opinion is the best era in the VHL?

3 minutes ago, Arce said:

1. Check in, how are you feeling about your players performance so far?

2. What is your favorite activity outside of hockey?

3. What in your opinion is the best era in the VHL?

1. My player is playing well below my expectations before I was drafted in the VHLM, now I’m use to not being a PPG player. 

2. I have a new family member I enjoy being around. I’m currently off work until January hanging out with my the new little gu my and it’s been a blessing.

3. S35-S45, got my personal reasons as I was my most active.

Questions:

1. What team would you like to play for that you haven’t in your current players career?

2. What previous GM no longer a GM in the league would you like to play for? 

3. What was the best recruitment idea you seen from the past theme week? 

6 hours ago, Smarch said:

1. My player is playing well below my expectations before I was drafted in the VHLM, now I’m use to not being a PPG player. 

2. I have a new family member I enjoy being around. I’m currently off work until January hanging out with my the new little gu my and it’s been a blessing.

3. S35-S45, got my personal reasons as I was my most active.

Questions:

1. What team would you like to play for that you haven’t in your current players career?

2. What previous GM no longer a GM in the league would you like to play for? 

3. What was the best recruitment idea you seen from the past theme week? 

ANSWERS :)

1. My VHL career is just getting started but I'd say Toronto so I can get the @Dadam30team up.

2. The GOAT @Masu Chan robbed of their team too soon :(

3. Some of the ideas I liked were more focused on user retention, keeping LRs more active and altering point tasks, not to get into it too much here but some LRs are a lot more quiet than others...

QUESTIONS :)

1. What is an easy recipe that you love to make for dinner? Or that you love when someone else makes.

2. Do you have a newer TV show that you've been watching recently? Or maybe a book?

3. Who do you think is an underrated player in the NHL this season?

1. What is an easy recipe that you love to make for dinner? Or that you love when someone else makes.

Pasta and meatballs is my go to easy recipe if I want something quick and good!

2. Do you have a newer TV show that you've been watching recently? Or maybe a book?

Starting watching Gen V, great show! Also have been watching the squid games reality show, decent show as well

3. Who do you think is an underrated player in the NHL this season?

Not too sure as I only really follow my team (Leafs) but for them would have to be Jarnkrok or Knies

3 questions:

1) If money was no object, what would be your most ideal gift for the holidays?

2) VHL season is coming to a close and as of today 4 players are tied with the goal scoring lead with 44, which one do you think will finish on top? (Wolanin, Mancini, molly the cat, Goncalves)

3) If you had the ability to change one thing about the country you live in, what would it be?

1) a house haha I know that's a huge purchase, if it had to be smaller would be a laptop.

2) I think Molly the cat will knock a few more picks off the table and into the net

3) make it slightly closer to the rest of the world to make travel cheaper

Q1) what do you think the next time week should be

Q2) if there was a vhl radio station on Spotify would you listen

Q3) if vhl had a secret Santa what would you buy

1 hour ago, Berocka said:

1) a house haha I know that's a huge purchase, if it had to be smaller would be a laptop.

2) I think Molly the cat will knock a few more picks off the table and into the net

3) make it slightly closer to the rest of the world to make travel cheaper

Q1) what do you think the next time week should be

Q2) if there was a vhl radio station on Spotify would you listen

Q3) if vhl had a secret Santa what would you buy

1) I'm assuming this is theme week, but I'd like to hear about if people were a GM for a day, what would they do.

2) I probably would listen. I don't know how much, but I'd tune in here and there.

3) I would probably end up buying a jersey from a NHL team, but a completely random team and random player.

Q1) What is your favorite NHL team?

Q2) Do you have anything planned over Christmas?

Q3) Do you have any pets, if so what kind? If you don't have any pets, would you want to get one?

20 minutes ago, badcolethetitan said:

1) I'm assuming this is theme week, but I'd like to hear about if people were a GM for a day, what would they do.

2) I probably would listen. I don't know how much, but I'd tune in here and there.

3) I would probably end up buying a jersey from a NHL team, but a completely random team and random player.

Q1) What is your favorite NHL team?

Q2) Do you have anything planned over Christmas?

Q3) Do you have any pets, if so what kind? If you don't have any pets, would you want to get one?

1. Habs. Always been my team. 
2. Just spending time with the family at home.  Nothing fancy. 
3. 2 dogs. One golden retriever and the other a black lab.  

—-

1. Favourite Christmas movie?

2. Any traditions you always need to keep alive during the Holidays?

3. Gun to your head….who wins the Continental Cup this season?

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

1. Habs. Always been my team. 
2. Just spending time with the family at home.  Nothing fancy. 
3. 2 dogs. One golden retriever and the other a black lab.  

—-

1. Favourite Christmas movie?

2. Any traditions you always need to keep alive during the Holidays?

3. Gun to your head….who wins the Continental Cup this season?

1) pretty cliche but probably Home Alone

2) not really... we go visit the family every year but nothing in particular

3) Davos

------

1) Who do you think is the best player in the VHL right now?

2) What's your top 3 VHL teams, by branding only?

3) What's your favourite time of year?

14 hours ago, tcookie said:

1) pretty cliche but probably Home Alone

2) not really... we go visit the family every year but nothing in particular

3) Davos

------

1) Who do you think is the best player in the VHL right now?

2) What's your top 3 VHL teams, by branding only?

3) What's your favourite time of year?

1. It's Leandro Goncalves for me. The goals and points are nice, but leading a team to a 16 game winning streak is insane.

2. From a traditionalist standpoint I've always liked the Seattle and Davos logo and colors. Third I'll go Riga, the new lion's grown on me.

3. It's fall for me - a bit of crispness to the air, start of holiday season, football, still can be outside with friends and have fun.

-------

1. It's almost playoff time! Who do you have in the VHL finals this season?

2. Did your player accomplish their goals for this season? Why or why not?

3. What's your favorite holiday memory?

45 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

1. It's Leandro Goncalves for me. The goals and points are nice, but leading a team to a 16 game winning streak is insane.

2. From a traditionalist standpoint I've always liked the Seattle and Davos logo and colors. Third I'll go Riga, the new lion's grown on me.

3. It's fall for me - a bit of crispness to the air, start of holiday season, football, still can be outside with friends and have fun.

-------

1. It's almost playoff time! Who do you have in the VHL finals this season?

2. Did your player accomplish their goals for this season? Why or why not?

3. What's your favorite holiday memory?

1. I'm going to have to say nighthawks since I'm a nighthawks prospects.

2.Honestly, my players goal was just to survive in the starter role for the eagles. The eagles are currently on top of the standings so surpassed my expectations/goals right there. 

3. When I competed in my school district hockey tourney during Christmas, we won and got to celebrate with the other players' families and coaches

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. If you can, would you skip going to the E and go straight to the VHL, why or why not.

2.Ugliest NHL jersey ever? (doesn't matter if its retro or whatever)

3. If you can get drafted by any NHL team, which team would you want it to be?

1. If you can, would you skip going to the E and go straight to the VHL, why or why not.

2.Ugliest NHL jersey ever? (doesn't matter if its retro or whatever)

3. If you can get drafted by any NHL team, which team would you want it to be?

Answers:

1. Good question. I actually asked in my VHLM locker room if I could bypass the VHLE draft. I don’t want another useless year in the E, and it’s something I would ask my future VHL GM if I could join the VHL in my draft season.

2. California Golden Seals.

3. Any of the original six teams, even if I don’t necessarily like them.

Questions:

1. if you are draft eligible, what team would you like to call you name on draft day? (VHLM, VHLE or VHL). If you are not draft eligible, what team would you like to play for before your career ends?

2. What would you implement if you were commissioner for a day?

3. What charity auction item are you most

excited for, based on the ones in the call for charity auction items? 

On 12/6/2023 at 8:52 PM, Smarch said:

1. if you are draft eligible, what team would you like to call you name on draft day? (VHLM, VHLE or VHL). If you are not draft eligible, what team would you like to play for before your career ends?

2. What would you implement if you were commissioner for a day?

3. What charity auction item are you most excited for, based on the ones in the call for charity auction items? 

1. I'm not draft eligible, but I'm currently playing for the Toronto Legion. I hope to remain a Toronto player for my entire career!

2. I'd add more point tasks that are similar to the trivia that encourage league researching to continue to learn about the VHL. I'd also have a league wide thread for daily puzzles like Wordle, Gordle, Puckdoku, etc. Maybe even a competition for team players to compete against other teams.

3. Definitely the pizza. A good pizza is a difficult to top in any setting, especially one that comes from a charity drive.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

1. Do you think that Alex Ovechkin's slow goal scoring start this season is a concern that he may not make it to Gretzky's total?

2. What do your next 3 seasons in the VHL (E or M as well) look like? Are you locked into one team, or will you be a free agent before the 3 years are up?

3. If you could add 1 attribute to the player set on here, what would it be and why?

1) I feel like he will keep playing until he ends up breaking the total. However, only have five goals to this point is a bit concerning.

2) Well, I'm going to be going into the VHL/VHLE draft. I'll be in the VHLE, then I'll be heading to the VHL two seasons after that.

3) I don't know what I'd add, but I'd make fighting or grit actually worth it.

Ask 3

1) Which team do you think is going to win the VHL cup?

2) What NHL team has been the most surprising this season, good or bad?

3) What is your favorite snack and why?

20 minutes ago, badcolethetitan said:

1. Toronto without a doubt, and I am not saying that because my player plays for Toronto lol.

2. I would say Arizona is the team that's suprising me the most. Indeed, they are currently in a playoff position.

3. Tough to answer that, but where I am from, there is a company named Vachon that does little cake and my favorite is probably the caramilk. It is a little cake with caramel inside and covered in chocolate.

2 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

1) I feel like he will keep playing until he ends up breaking the total. However, only have five goals to this point is a bit concerning.

2) Well, I'm going to be going into the VHL/VHLE draft. I'll be in the VHLE, then I'll be heading to the VHL two seasons after that.

3) I don't know what I'd add, but I'd make fighting or grit actually worth it.

Ask 3

1. Could this be Helsinki’s year?

2. The Philadelphia Flyers were supposed to be horrible, there they are in 2nd in the Metro currently.

3. That’s a tough question but gotta go with mini tacos.

1. Where have you always wanted to go on vacation?

2. Would you rather be in a cold, snowy climate or humid, hot climate?

3. What is the most fun type of player to build in the VHL?

1 hour ago, Arce said:

1. Could this be Helsinki’s year?

2. The Philadelphia Flyers were supposed to be horrible, there they are in 2nd in the Metro currently.

3. That’s a tough question but gotta go with mini tacos.

1. Where have you always wanted to go on vacation?

2. Would you rather be in a cold, snowy climate or humid, hot climate?

3. What is the most fun type of player to build in the VHL?

1. Germany, without a doubt. Visit the homeland of my heritage, no doubt for Oktoberfest in Munich!

2. Hit climate, I hate the cold. I'm better adjusted to the heat. 

3. A power forward, because even if you don't score points, you can impact the game with physicality!

1. What is the first thing you would change about STHS if you had the ability?

2. What is your favorite fun fact about the lore of the VHL?

3. Do you think the VHL should change from a 72 game schedule to an 82 game schedule like the NHL?

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

3. Do you think the VHL should change from a 72 game schedule to an 82 game schedule like the NHL?

1. More ideas for a finals bracket, like adding a double elimination or being able to do a world cup like idea 

2. That Gustav has never won a cup

3. I don't think so, we don't usually have that close of a race for playoffs that ten games would change much

Q1. Do you think Hybrid attributes should be added to Goalies, if so Why/Why not

Q2. If you could make the players in the VHL have another sport simmed during the offseason what would it be

Q3. If you could make any GM the GM of any team what would be the funniest combination and why

1 hour ago, Doomsday said:

1. Giveaway and takeaway tracking in a version of the sim that apparently isn't broken.

2. Not really lore, but just a historical fact. In the eight season from S26 to S33, each of the original eight teams won a championship.

3. I don't really see any reason to make that change. Is that something people are clamoring for? I'd rather see more seasons in a players career before season longer seasons, if we are going to give people more career games played.

1. Do you think success in the VHLM or VHLE adds in any way to the overall success of a player's career?

2. What type of career would you rather have: A) win three championships as an average player, winning no individual awards and not making it into the Hall of Fame; or B) two-time MVP, winning other assorted awards and a first ballot Hall of Fame induction but no Continental Cups

3. If you could add an award to the VHL, what would it be?