Houston GM Punishment

Spartan

23 hours ago, AJW said:

But I don't regret what I did, I still see the good in Dack, not Achilles, even if he can't return to the VHL. 

So I'm not really caught up on league happenings lately, but this is a fantastic way to end that long-winded speech about disregarding league policy and putting other members' well-being at risk. A+

BTW, whether or not you believe in second chances, if people are perma-banned, it's usually for a reason, and whether or not you feel that's right, doesn't give the ability to unilaterally make that call. To say you have no regrets, even after being presented evidence that this member was banned for very specific reasons...that's a yikes from me dawg.

2 hours ago, fonziGG said:

The problem with your reply is that you’re not separating the moderating job and fongs ability to be a user in the vhl space.

The moderators can and have done their job. However now, Fong is allowed to take off his moderator hat, be himself and be a pissed off member. I see nothing wrong with him taking stand that this pissed him off personally. In fact this is healthier.

The moderation team shouldn’t have to wear the hat 24/7. Remember that it’s a job, in the league… A simulation league. If he took this anger and applied it to AJ’s punishment, imo it would be worse.

I think he can be as annoyed as he wants to be, I just found it counterintuitive that the decision on how to punish AJ was left to us and then he followed up in the thread to ask redundant questions that could have been covered in the moderator umbrella investigation of this situation.

To me, it's like if I went and complained about IA rates in the VHLM publicly. I can be a concerned member of the community, or I could use my position to address the concerns relevant to my league job. Really it would just be me doing my job or working with my fellow Commissioner to address the issue appropriately.

(I started this a while ago and didn't finish it due to meetings that I got stuck in.)

the literal first post in this thread is AJW saying that Dack was great and caused no problems. if you are going to show your support in public for a person like that who has shown no remorse or attempts to grow, you should expect to then be questioned in that same public space

baozi and anyone else should rightfully question that support publicly when that support is made in public

1 hour ago, Spartan said:

I think he can be as annoyed as he wants to be, I just found it counterintuitive that the decision on how to punish AJ was left to us and then he followed up in the thread to ask redundant questions that could have been covered in the moderator umbrella investigation of this situation.

To me, it's like if I went and complained about IA rates in the VHLM publicly. I can be a concerned member of the community, or I could use my position to address the concerns relevant to my league job. Really it would just be me doing my job or working with my fellow Commissioner to address the issue appropriately.

(I started this a while ago and didn't finish it due to meetings that I got stuck in.)

I don't see how AJ broke any COC rules... What did you expect the moderation team to do? There is no moderator umbrella of investigation for this situation past Dack. So I'm not 100% sure your example is applicable.

The moderation team's goal in this situation to is investigate Dack and any other alts they may have. Not to punish GMs like AJ when that punishment would fall on you, the commissioner. So, where in that is it counter-intuitive?

Edited by fonziGG

feel like its time for my two cents as I was the bulls ac. never knew any of this about him, just thought he was a friendly face to have around in the locker room, always active and willing to chat, positive also. that goes for many of the people in the LR also. he also had great activity. it just shocks me who he really is and how someone that I thought was super chill is like this (not defending him in any way or form, completely against his views now after what I've seen his views are). As for AJ, I think he was just trying to help him he's a great GM and super active I do think the public shaming is a bit absurd and he should have to right to discuss what he wants and what he would like to release publicly, once "Dack" was exposed instead of denying knowledge, he came forward. if he didn't, then I could understand the shaming that's going on. he has not complained about his punishment at all in the LR. so I feel like he got his pay ban, no need to shame him and we leave it at that.

3 hours ago, fonziGG said:

need @Renomitsu to confirm honestly

Funnily enough, the "borders" of cells i.e. cell membranes are primarily composed of lipid molecules (e.g. phospholipids) are both polar and nonpolar; phospholipids have long, nonpolar fatty acid tails, as well as more polar phosphorus containing backbones.

Cells can be selective with what they let in or out with receptors and transporters in the cell membrane that break up the monotony of the generally phospholipid membrane

14 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

Funnily enough, the "borders" of cells i.e. cell membranes are primarily composed of lipid molecules (e.g. phospholipids) are both polar and nonpolar; phospholipids have long, nonpolar fatty acid tails, as well as more polar phosphorus containing backbones.

Cells can be selective with what they let in or out with receptors and transporters in the cell membrane that break up the monotony of the generally phospholipid membrane

I’ve hated the phrase “hydrophilic head and hydrophobic tail” for YEARS now and it’s now super tangentially related to what I do; I’ll probably have to use it at some point. This is your fault. 

I'm not here to share my opinion on the situation. I prefer to look at the drama then be involved in it but I must say that I have no Idea what's going on between the 20 discussion in this topic 

32 minutes ago, Gaming Ringleader said:

As for AJ, I think he was just trying to help him he's a great GM and super active I do think the public shaming is a bit absurd and he should have to right to discuss what he wants and what he would like to release publicly, once "Dack" was exposed instead of denying knowledge, he came forward. if he didn't, then I could understand the shaming that's going on. he has not complained about his punishment at all in the LR. so I feel like he got his pay ban, no need to shame him and we leave it at that.

It does take courage to come forward and admit your mistake as AJ did, he has accepted his punishment and will hopefully learn from his mistakes and make it right to anyone he might've hurt. The VHL higher-ups have decided to give AJ another chance and I trust them to make the right call on this subject. 

I do think having this topic be closed for just the formal announcement with no comments would've been better in my opinion. I do think everyone deserves to right to know what happened but maybe we shouldn't let everyone have the option to shame them in a public topic. 

Everyone makes mistakes but whether you are a good person or a bad person you still have to accept the consequences of your actions. This Impacts everyone's experience in the VHL in the long run, I hope we can all learn from this and grow stronger together so situations like this are likely to occur in the future.

Nice opinion. Just one tiny problem with it. Inspecting your post, it looks like your opinion is different from mine.

Boy, let me tell you something.

I am the baseline for opinions, any opinion I hold is objectively correct and, as a result, any other opinions are wrong. And guess what? You happen to hold a wrong one. And I hope you know that your opinion is now illegal. I have now contacted the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the Navy SEALs, the Secret Service and your mom. You'll rot in prison for the rest of your life over this, mark my words you'll be sorry you ever shared your opinions. By the time you're reading this, you're done for boy. Nature will punish you. Humanity will punish you. Supernatural beings will punish you. Space will punish you. Oh yeah, and we decided that just to make sure we'll nuke your house from orbit so there's no chance you can run away and everyone you know will die. May this post be a warning for anyone else brave enough to share an incorrect opinion; you've been warned.

2 hours ago, Renomitsu said:

So what you're saying is Jacob's cells choose to be intolerant of us hydros? That's all I need to know. #CancelJacob

2 hours ago, vincentlg2007 said:

I'm not here to share my opinion on the situation. I prefer to look at the drama then be involved in it but I must say that I have no Idea what's going on between the 20 discussion in this topic 

FB_IMG_1655050094816.thumb.jpg.7bc64614e487383884f0570e6ea5b0c5.jpg