VHL S94 Trading Card Set

Posted (edited)

I've undertaken a mini-project that I started with the intention of just playing around in photoshop and getting better with it in general but I've gotten to the point where I think it's worth sharing so here we go! I'll post updates a few cards at a time until the set has been revealed. Also, I'm going away for 6 days next week, so we will see how frequently I can post new cards next week, there may or may not be many updates.

Unfortunately I don't have time to do everyone in the VHL, so I've picked out a 46-player set list with at least one player from each team. I do apologize if you got left out this time around (if it makes you feel any better, my own player didn't make the cut either, lol) -- and if I do enjoy it and have enough time, I will do a "set 2" somewhere down the line, focusing on players I didn't do this time around. But, I want to make sure I complete the set now that I've decided to share it, and so I need to keep it a relatively manageable size so I don't get overwhelmed.

Enjoy!

First up: Raimo Tuominen @SlapshotWrangler, Skor McFleury @Alex, and YaBoi Oven @Doomsday

UurW1Nu.png     enV4g25.png     Vdypifh.png

Edited by tcookie

• tcookie changed the title to VHL S94 Trading Card Set
Posted (edited)

This morning we have Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard, Leonard Triller @Triller, and Lucy Leitner @LucyXpher

dLeOGuq.png     IviyrdJ.png     upg5qTJ.png

Turning black into orange is something I probably haven't figured out the best way to do yet. But I had to change an 86 to an 89 and I think that part turned out good at least!

Edited by tcookie

Thanks to the Milwaukee Admirals for the wonderful coincidence of being a blue team that has had both Kevin Fiala and a goalie who wears #74 play for them, otherwise this would have been a lot tougher jersey change! Mac Atlas @v.2  and Joel Castle @animal74

ETRgaBd.png     h2cKtgl.png

4 hours ago, animal74 said:

Is that my pre-retirement present, @tcookie😁

hahah sure! it's been a great career for Castle for sure 😄 glad you like them!

thanks everyone for the warm feedback, appreciate it.

here's a couple more before I head to bed! Severus Targaryen @Banackock and Olober Syko @Spartan !

D9wkGfi.png     RcloemQ.png

On 5/26/2024 at 8:00 PM, tcookie said:

I've undertaken a mini-project that I started with the intention of just playing around in photoshop and getting better with it in general but I've gotten to the point where I think it's worth sharing so here we go! I'll post updates a few cards at a time until the set has been revealed. Also, I'm going away for 6 days next week, so we will see how frequently I can post new cards next week, there may or may not be many updates.

Unfortunately I don't have time to do everyone in the VHL, so I've picked out a 46-player set list with at least one player from each team. I do apologize if you got left out this time around (if it makes you feel any better, my own player didn't make the cut either, lol) -- and if I do enjoy it and have enough time, I will do a "set 2" somewhere down the line, focusing on players I didn't do this time around. But, I want to make sure I complete the set now that I've decided to share it, and so I need to keep it a relatively manageable size so I don't get overwhelmed.

Enjoy!

First up: Raimo Tuominen @SlapshotWrangler, Skor McFleury @Alex, and YaBoi Oven @Doomsday

UurW1Nu.png     enV4g25.png     Vdypifh.png

Woah, this is awesome! Adding to my sig asap. Really cool you are doing this!

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Love it! I also love that PWHL Minnesota is turning into my default render - I think that's Grace Zumwinkle, and I was at the first Minnesota home game where she got a hatty. I'm cool taking that as inspiration.

That's awesome! Honestly I'm hoping one of their neutral site games ends up making its way to Winnipeg one of these days... we'll see

I wanted to make sure to use female players as renders for female players, and PWHL Minnesota works great for Davos, the colours fit perfectly.