What's your favorite VHL memory?

Whether it's your funniest, happiest, or most surprising moment, what's your favorite memory from the VHL?

I know this is going to sound kind of cheesy, but I was so excited when I won the Founder's Cup in S35 as both a player and a GM. My first player wasn't the best and never really found too much team success (while I was active at least), so being able to actually win an individual and team trophy (even if it was "just" the VHLM) meant a lot to me. I can still remember sitting at my desk at my internship two summers ago and attempting to plan my roster for 2 seasons in advance. When it all worked out in the end, it just felt great to know all of that planning and keeping people active paid off in the end.

Probably when I won the cup with Davos in Season 36 (?) just because of how awesome the team was and great it was to be apart of such a great team that was put together by Victor. Other then that probably has got be becoming the GM of the Meute.

• Admin

In the sim, without doubt Season 18 Calgary. Such a fun team despite our goalie trying to retire on us and the actual Game 6 I opened certain that we lost and it would be Game 7, but there it was, a 3-2 OT win and the cup. Did it for Zero and the avatars.

All the cups were great in different ways. Probably the least memorable were S21 Toronto and this NY team but only because the moment itself wasn't a major victory, as we were favourites. The LRs though made for some excellent whole seasons.

On site there's been some great shit. Jardy's llama story and various other rants. Slobo's racist drunk podcast. RJ Stafford's online adventure. Joe Nash for MVP. And probably a shit ton I have missed.

HOF Induction

The Cups

The friendships

Being on my very first podcast(I was nervous as hell. It was if it was CNN, not VHL)

There's also been a few lowlights but fuck that, let's keep it positive.

Punching Tom Slaughter repeatedly in the face.

GMing a Super Cup winning team.

Breaking all-time record for hits by a defenseman.

Those are my top 3.

• Commissioner

1. S12 Cup with the Bears - I've won the cup a few times but that one always stuck with me as the biggest one.

2. Beketov's HoF induction - Getting in first ballot with my second player, especially after what happened with my first, was amazing.

3. Getting an award in my name - Sounds cheesy but I feel that means something a bit more than just the HoF. Not a lot of players have an award in their name.

4. First ever VHL player drafted - Yeah the rest of the career went to shit and I was probably the worst pick ever but it still feels damn nice to be able to say I was the first player ever drafted in the VHL.

I'm sure there are more moments but those are the big ones.

Being a part of the three-way podcast and any time I forced the VHLM to make a rule change because of something I did the prior season (I think there were three, maybe four)

EDIT: That time I made Green think I was retiring his number was pretty good too

Edited by edgar

I have 2:

1) S37 and 38 with Yukon was a ton of fun. I got to win cups with awesome people as Munk was revived, Draper was around before he was cool, and Higglypuffins along with the many others. (Lol Seth)

2) Finally winning the cup with Riga. Great core, and we deserved it after so many failures :)

I haven't been here for too long, but it has to be the S40 reverse sweep of the Quebec City Meute when I was on the Calgary Wranglers. Not technically a sweep, but Calgary went up 1-0, then down 3-1....only to come back and win the series 4-3.

Good times.