Happy 8th Birthday

Higgins

• Commissioner

Wow, hard to believe it's really been 8 years. I remember joining on day 1 and thinking the place seemed better put together than most leagues but I never would have imagined it running for this long.

To have a bit of perspective, when I joined the VHL back in 2007 I had just finished grade 10. Now I've graduated high school, graduated from a 4 year university program, and worked two years in my field. All the while the VHL has been chugging along. Kinda crazy really.

Wow, hard to believe it's really been 8 years. I remember joining on day 1 and thinking the place seemed better put together than most leagues but I never would have imagined it running for this long.

To have a bit of perspective, when I joined the VHL back in 2007 I had just finished grade 10. Now I've graduated high school, graduated from a 4 year university program, and worked two years in my field. All the while the VHL has been chugging along. Kinda crazy really.

Couldn't agree more. Knowles and Campbell were great to work with in the beginning and this league was the first to ever successfully implement STHS. Prior to that the game was simmed on EA Sports NHL 07.

:vhl:Happy 8th Birthday to the Victory Hockey League! :vhl:

This week the VHL is turning 8 years old, making it one the oldest sim leagues on the internet. This Saturday, July 18th, it will be 8 years since the league was opened. I doubt anyone then thought that it would still be running 8 years later. To celebrate the 8th anniversary, everyone is eligible to claim a Free Week for the week of July 13th - July 19th. To claim the free week, make a post, in this thread and link to it in your update thread.

Notes:

- Claim 6 TPE for free instead of doing a point task this week, you can still do your job, VHL.com Article, etc.

- VHL & VHLM Mag people can claim 7 TPE.

- Anyone who bought 'Point Task Upgrade' in the player store can claim 7 TPE.

- Anyone who bought 'Welfare and Pension Upgrades' from the player store can only claim 6 TPE.

what about ppl who bought VHL Mag upgrade? assuming 8 TPE? 

didn't think of that scenario, now did you!? :P

Why can't it be like 2-4 TPE? This discourages PT's for this week and brings down activity on a week based for VHL history. I think it should be a 1.5 week for anything VHL history related (I.e. Historical articles, or "legend" sigs for players in the hof)

Why can't it be like 2-4 TPE? This discourages PT's for this week and brings down activity on a week based for VHL history. I think it should be a 1.5 week for anything VHL history related (I.e. Historical articles, or "legend" sigs for players in the hof)

Fuck yourself