Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

On 6/26/2021 at 6:48 PM, Peace said:

Well... yeah.

1. Have you been following the NHL playoffs at all?

2. Predict the Stanley Cup Champions: Montreal or Tampa Bay?

3. What have you been doing since the VHL playoffs started? 

4. Are you looking forward to the lottery tournament? 

5. Toronto has accumulated a decent draft stock. What do you think we should do with it?

6. How to you keep yourself entertained on the VHL now that we've missed the playoffs?

1. I have been! Really don't care for either team in the Finals but playoff hockey is always enjoyable.

2. Tampa Bay has the higher quality team without a doubt so let's go with them.

3. Busy with work but still hanging around in the locker room.

4. Lottery tournament? Seems pretty unnecessary. Doesn't this make it easier for a mid-tier team to stockpile high picks?
5. Draft active people for the Discord.
6. I don't lol. I will tune back in once the Legion are playing but I've been pretty uninterested since our season ended. 

Off season... as Detective Paralta would say: "Ya borin'."

1. Alberta and BC are going through 'historic' heat waves; 40c days and 20-25c nights. Does it get this hot where you live? 

2. Do you have air conditioning? 

3. Do you celebrate national holidays like Canada's Day / Independence Day? 

4. Did you do anything this year... or are you planning on doing something this year?

5. Hotdogs over a camp fire or a barbeque? 

6. What goes best with hot dogs? Chips and pop?

McWolf @Smarch @NickSunderbruch @Toast @rjfryman @Webberj @tcookie

@fromtheinside @Juice @Dtayl

On 7/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, Peace said:

Off season... as Detective Paralta would say: "Ya borin'."

1. Alberta and BC are going through 'historic' heat waves; 40c days and 20-25c nights. Does it get this hot where you live? 

2. Do you have air conditioning? 

3. Do you celebrate national holidays like Canada's Day / Independence Day? 

4. Did you do anything this year... or are you planning on doing something this year?

5. Hotdogs over a camp fire or a barbeque? 

6. What goes best with hot dogs? Chips and pop?

1. Those were some crazy records. I'm in Ontario so we can get heatwaves but nothing crazy like those numbers. I would go crazy.

2. Yes, thankfully! Got a new house last year with central air and it definitely gets a workout here.

3. Yes, we had some friends over for a BBQ this year. 

4. Whoops, jumped ahead. It was nice to see people again as things seem to slowly be getting back to normal. 

5. Both are great but I think a BBQ wins out.

6. Chips and beer!

1. It gets to mid 90s where I live

2. Absolutely no central air but I have a few window units keep house pretty cool.

3. Yes celebrated independence day.

4. I blew off a bunch of fireworks.

5. Hands down BBQ.

6. chips and pop

I'll get questions out early next week, so if you need a quick 2 TPE answer these ones or wait until Monday/Tuesday if you don't! 

1. Tampa Bay defeated Montreal 4 games to 1 in the SCF. Did you think Montreal would have put up more of a fight?

2. Seattle was conquered in six games. Did you think they'd repeat or are you glad they didn't? 

3. Toronto was the best team in the lottery tournament... did you follow it at all? 

4. Welch was recently traded in a sign-and-trade; Juice was going to test free agency but was willing to help Toronto in this regard. Thoughts? 

5. SS Hornet will be testing free agency, who do you think will step up offensively next season? 

6. McWolf was announced as a VHLM Commissioner. Are you happy he received the job?

McWolf @Smarch @Toast @rjfryman @Webberj @tcookie

@fromtheinside @Dtayl

1. I knew TB was gonna win it but I thought It was gonna be in 6..

2. I'm glad they did not repeat.

3. No I didn't follow.

4. It shows how much he cared for us here in Toronto..

5. I'm hoping it's me.. I stepped up at end of last season when I received more ice time.. Hopefully I can continue 

6. Yea I am truly happy for him.

1. Tampa Bay defeated Montreal 4 games to 1 in the SCF. Did you think Montreal would have put up more of a fight?
No I predicted TB in 5. I don't think the Canadiens had a chance versus the Lightning.

2. Seattle was conquered in six games. Did you think they'd repeat or are you glad they didn't? 

I am glad that they didn't repeat. I am also just happy that Warsaw got the W. Good for Muff to get it on his last season and I am glad dlamb got a Cup too.

3. Toronto was the best team in the lottery tournament... did you follow it at all? 

Nope didn't look at it. Our team will probably be different by the time the regular season starts anyways. 

4. Welch was recently traded in a sign-and-trade; Juice was going to test free agency but was willing to help Toronto in this regard. Thoughts? 
Pretty much hate it. You've essentially traded away everyone I was hoping to be in a core with and I am the last one here. Feels pretty bad.

5. SS Hornet will be testing free agency, who do you think will step up offensively next season? 
Hmm seems like there is trend here. I don't know who will step up. Maybe Dawson? Whoever gets the minutes probably.

6. McWolf was announced as a VHLM Commissioner. Are you happy he received the job?

I hope he does a good job. All I'd like is some consistency in the rules. Hopefully he cares about the M and has it's best interests in mind.

1. I think the Montreal was going to fail to show up in one series and it just happened to be the last one. The Lightning are a tier above everyone else and they showed it.
2. It is so hard to repeat and all of the respect to Seattle for doing the impossible.

3. I didn't because I hadn't been trading to Toronto. I was more focused on Helsinki.

4. He is one of my favorite people in all of VHL and it was a classy move from a classy guy

5. I think our player stepping may not have arrive yet....

6. McWolf will do fantastic job and I have no doubt about that.

So a little delayed but for good reason. Most of the trades for TOR are done, so now I can tag our new roster players right from the start.

1. What do you think about the moves Toronto has made? (HSK/TOR + CGY/TOR)

2. We've got a well balanced roster heading into S79. Do you think we make the playoffs? 

3. There are numerous VHLE GM jobs available. Did you apply for one? 

4. What is your general opinion on the S79 Draft Class? 

5. There's been some GM movement this off season. Do you think there will be more GM changes soon? 

6. What do you think should be Toronto's goal song for S79? 

@tcookie @rjfryman @Smarch @Toast @GreenGato @Ty343

@fromtheinside @Frank @Dtayl

Mikey Harris looks like a stud but idk about the Moreau guy looks like a scrub to me. Vick Fairchild is a major get @GreenGato❤️

2. We've got a well balanced roster heading into S79. Do you think we make the playoffs? 

I hope so I think we have a good mix. We'll see how all are player builds gel together. 

No, I'm still on tge fence whether it's going to work. 6 teams is a lot, activity will need to remain high. 

Looks strong lots of big names with long player histories. Looking forward to seeing how it shakes out.

5. There's been some GM movement this off season. Do you think there will be more GM changes soon? 

Yes I feel it's a futile position as you need to be fully dedicated to have any success.

I would like to see us steal the Chicago Blackhawks goal song for season 79 and beyond.

The 3 players we got are nice additions.

Yeah I like our team and I think we'll be able to pull it off this year.

Nope. I've got a lot going on, so I can't really commit to trying to run a VHLE team.

There's a lot of good talent at the top; a lot of big names and well known users. Seems like average or slightly above average depth overall but the top is better than normal.

Probably - being a GM is a lot of work so it's natural that it's a bit cyclical in nature, especially with a lot of the world starting to open back up and people spending more time doing other stuff again.

I don't really have a good answer for this one

1. Good personalities to go with solid skillsets for the role players. Moreau is the real get of the offseason.

2. It was very unluckily that we didn't make the playoffs last year. If we can't make it again this year I'm protesting.

3. I didn't. There was a time when I was interested in more of a leadership role but it is getting more difficult to manage everything now that US is opening up a bit more.

4. Looking to be another big regen year. I hope there are enough players for both high end talent and a each player to get 2 players of depth. 

5. There always is. Obviously we have some going on here. Life comes first and doesn't always wait for a pristine time in the offseason.

6. Anything from the Black Keys or the Strokes would be good by me!

Here we go! 

1. What do you think about our roster (compared to other NA teams)? 

2. Who do you think will see the most improvement this season? 

3. If you're comfortable making predictions... where do you think TOR finishes?

4. Do you think we make the playoffs? 

5. Who do you think will be the leading goal scorer?

6. Who do you think will finish with the most assists?

1. What do you think about our roster (compared to other NA teams)? 

On paper right now, we are going to really need to come together as a group real fast. Calgary, Chicago, Los Angeles and Seattle all have top level talent on their rosters in the forward position. Hopefully we will see some big production from the depth pieces on the team.

Asher Reinhart. He's going to be entering year 3 with over 700 TPE. I have a good feeling he will put up career highs in almost all offensive categories. 

Fourth in the NA Conference behind Seattle, Chicago and Calgary. I hope i am wrong and we finish higher though

I think we make the wildcard round

Im hoping the work I put in during the off-season will pay off and I will break the 30 goal mark for the first time in my career. 

Scotty Kabs will lead the team in assists for the second straight year. 

I think we are going to have a hard time stacking up with the other teams in NA that have patiently built up a strong foundation over the course of a few seasons. Chicago. Los Angeles, etc are all primed to compete and I don't think we stack up with them. 

I think Addison McLaren is primed for a big year as a top line forward. Also I could see Vick Fairchild having a breakout season. 

If I had to guess, probably around 5-7th in the NA Conference. But it's hard to say since the sim engine is pretty trash. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Well if my prediction holds true than no. I think there's alot of other teams that have improved while we have taken steps back over the past season and a half.

Either Addison McLaren or Lester Green would be my guess. 

If I had to guess, I think I might lead the team in assists this year. Depends on the deployment but yeah that seems reasonable.

6-0 clearly we're #1! Honestly though I think we're a playoff team at the very least. 

Mclaren, he is clearly our number one forward and should pick up a lot of points. 

I think we finish third behind Chicago and Seattle.

Yes and hopefully we do some damage too. 

Scotty Kaberle, he is clearly our number one dman and should be able to rack up points with the forward depth.

Much like the last question, Kaberle. I feel he's going to take full advantage of the forward depth. 

1. Our team is right about in the next tier after the perennial conference final/semifinalists. We can still shock them though...we shocked people last year by not making it to playoffs.

2. Hard to pick just one but I think that Klamasteris is going to walk away with some awesome stats.

3. Superstitions and predictions don't mix.

4. I really do! The playoffs are not the bar for success but the baseline.

5. McLaren is the first scoring option on this team so it just make sense that he will end the year as the top goal getter.

6. Scotty is the quarterback of this team and will not only lead the team in assists but will finish top 5 in the league.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:32 PM, Peace said:

Here we go! 

1. Our roster is strong. We have quality players top to bottom. We're missing a star like we had in SS Hornet but I think overall this is fine as well. 

2. I'm hoping this is Phoenix Dawson's season to really develop as a star. We'll need to see how things go as the season continues.

3. I'm going to say that we end up 3rd in the NA and make a run for the Cup this season. 

4. Absolutely! We're starting off strong out of the gate right now.

5. I'm selfishly going with Dawson again because I want to see him really grow as a player.

6. Why not go with Dawson again. He'll just carry the entire workload! 

I think we're pretty good to be honest. Its a deep team with no real weaknesses.

I mean, I'm hoping myself considering how much I've struggled to live up to my own expectations thus far in my VHL career. I think it's time for me to make my mark on the league. But we've got a lot of good breakout candidates on this team.

2nd or 3rd in the NA.

I definitely think we've got it this year.

This is another one where I'm going to say well, hopefully its myself, but we'll see how it goes.

Scotty Kaberle. He's a beast back there, knows when to jump up in the offense and is a great puck mover. I think he could be a contender to lead the entire league in assists if our offense performs at the level we're capable of.

1. What do you think about the Legions' season so far? 

2. Any opinions on your players performance? 

3. NA 'seems' to be stagnating. Which team do you think pulls away from this point on? 

4. Were you surprised with our start or did you think we'd 'fall back to Earth'?

5. As a sim engine what are your thoughts about STHS?

6. How many wins do you think Toronto will finish with?

It reminds me alot of last season where we started really well but eventually we went to shit. That being said, I am glad we have had a bit of early success. 

I committed alot of extra TPE in the offseason to finish my build. I feel like it has paid off reasonably well. I am getting a ton of assists but I don't understand why my shooting percentage is absolute garbage.

3. NA 'seems' to be stagnating. Which team do you think pulls away from this point on? 
My guess is that Chicago and Los Angeles have strong seasons. It's still early so who knows, but I think they both have very competitive rosters.

4. Were you surprised with our start or did you think we'd 'fall back to Earth'?
I was surprised we strung so many wins together to start the year off, but STHS would find a way of correcting itself. It is what it is.

Don't love it. It's old and outdated and largely seems like RNG when you get to the point of where our league is and everyone has the same builds. I would like to see more options for builds with different viable options rather than everyone just maxing the same 4 categories.  

I think we probably finish with about 30 wins give or take. There's alot of good teams in the VHL.

I think we're all a little further down in the standings then we had hope for. But it's still early we'll see what happens.

Not really interested individual stats are nice but if the team isn't winning who cares...

My bet is Los Angeles I think they've been under achieving for a long time. 

STHS can be unpredictable so I was hoping for the best. Clearly we have fallen back down to earth after that start. 

Like I said before STHS is unpredictable. When things are going good they're fun but some times you can build a good player/ team and still come up short.

My guess is 39. Which hopefully means a playoff spot. 

• Pretty disappointing and frustrating recently. We have the offensive abilities to score but we cannot seem to keep the puck out of the net. Some of it is luck because we seem to win by a few goals and only lose by one. It's still early so I have hope so the NA is so tight. 

• I am 90% pleased with my performance. I am at nearly a point a game, good amount of hits, solid shot %, and good play on the special teams. I would prefer a better plus/minus.

• The Stars and Bears are the class of the conference but I don't see why we can't keep pace for the 3rd seed.

• I was surprised with the start and I thought we'd slow down but not to this extent. It has been really rough recently, hopefully we can find some consistency.

• It's okay. My 2 complaints are that it seems like there are only a couple of builds that are actually effective and there isn't a "highlight" sim mode so that the simmers could show a select matchup or 2 in real-time. This would be amazing during the playoffs to build up suspense. 

• I might be going out on a limb but I think 40 wins is reachable.

Don't mind the dust collecting now... 

1. Toronto is in fire-sale mode. Do you think you'll be traded? 

2. What do you expect from the S80 and S81 drafts? 

3. What do you think of our 'sim luck'?

4. Which trade were you least expecting?

5. What would your reaction be if Toronto somehow made the playoffs? 

6. BONUSES are on the table next off season... what would you like from the player store?

On 8/4/2021 at 5:37 AM, Peace said:

Don't mind the dust collecting now... 

1. Toronto is in fire-sale mode. Do you think you'll be traded? 

2. What do you expect from the S80 and S81 drafts? 

3. What do you think of our 'sim luck'?

4. Which trade were you least expecting?

5. What would your reaction be if Toronto somehow made the playoffs? 

6. BONUSES are on the table next off season... what would you like from the player store?

1. got traded here happy to play and meet new frens!

2. i hope we do well we going through a bit of a rebuild and i have full confidence in toronto :3

3.well we have won quite a few games after all the trades to pretty good haha

4.since im one of the people who was traded here im not really sure so since i dont really know anyone on the team i guess ill say i was pretty shocked that i got traded but understand why

5.i would be so happy for the team and would hope we do well :3

6as much tpe as i can carry :3