New York Americans GM Change

STZ

This announcement may come as a surprise to some, but likely most of the GMs already have known for a while that there is a change in management as of this off-season. 

I’ve been a part of this community for a long time. It’s crazy to think that it has been the better part of 8 years where I’ve been super active and have almost never missed a point task. Over those past 8 years I’ve changed a lot and life has taken over. First and foremost I have an incredible 4 year old daughter who has taken over my life. On top of that I just moved into a new house that’s been under construction for the past year and a half. And now in two weeks I’m starting a new position at work that will absolutely require my full attention.

I joined this site in between jobs with a lot of free time and not a lot going for myself. I can still remember the early days here vividly because at the time that’s all I really had to get excited about. These days I’m finding it harder to stay engaged and be on consistently. I’m not saying I’m leaving the site but I’ll definitely be taking a huge step back. I want to support this community as much as I can and I will continue to stay present. However, for those of you who care I figured I would provide an explanation.

With that being said, there will be a new General Manager of the New York Americans effective immediately. This is an internal hire who I’ve been discussing this succession plan for the better part of three seasons. He is a first-gen player who was drafted near the start of my time in New York. He’s impressed in the VHLM GM ranks and has been an amazing member of this site since coming on.

I’m excited to announce that the new GM of the New York Americans is @Spade18!

Thanks to everyone who has dealt with me during my time as GM, I had a lot of fun during this run. All the teammates I’ve had that stuck with me and believed in the plan, all I can say is thank you. Shoutouts to @Gooningitup @der meister @BOOM™ @Kesler @Kendrick @diamond_ace

6 minutes ago, Spade18 said:

I ran out of reactions but I love you all.

I don’t think I’ve ever ran out....

41 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I don’t think I’ve ever ran out....

I run out... almost daily.

24 minutes ago, der meister said:

I’m sad to see this. @STZis the god damn man. But if someone has to take over, I’m glad spade is getting the shot. Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

I wont let you down partner

@STZ, you've been amazing for New York. Got to contending super fast, and remained that way. Thanks for bringing in Boeser as well. ;) It was fun while it lasted. Too bad we couldn't get you that cup before you stepped down. That's just a travesty.

@Spade18, you've been super active here basically since you started, and you know the basics from being a VHLM GM. Not only that, but STZ is a great mentor to learn under. I know you'll do well with the team moving forward and into the next rebuild. Plus, you can now make 2 players! :P It's not that bad doing that. Even with welfare, I still manage to get 12 capped per week into my 2nd guy. Although, I get GM pay, reviewer pay, head reviewer pay, and press conference pay, so it's simple.

Anyhow, good luck to the both of you. STZ on your life in general taking care of the kid, and even moving forward in the VHL. Even a semi-active STZ can make a superstar. I fucking love the shit out of my nieces and nephews, so I can only imagine how awesome a 4 year old of your own would be. Cute as hell.

11 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

@STZ, you've been amazing for New York. Got to contending super fast, and remained that way. Thanks for bringing in Boeser as well. ;) It was fun while it lasted. Too bad we couldn't get you that cup before you stepped down. That's just a travesty.

TBH New York was stockpiled with assets that STZ got to trade off for a shit ton of good picks/players. STZ is a great GM and member of this community but he didn't do anything special in NY this go around IMO.

2 minutes ago, Bushito said:

TBH New York was stockpiled with assets that STZ got to trade off for a shit ton of good picks/players. STZ is a great GM and member of this community but he didn't do anything special in NY this go around IMO.

TBH I would have said the same thing in this thread if he sucked.

2 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

TBH I would have said the same thing in this thread if he sucked.

Oh I know, he's a great guy and deserves praise for things done here. I'm just jealous. 

4 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Oh I know, he's a great guy and deserves praise for things done here. I'm just jealous. 

?

He's one of the first dudes I was around on here. My first player, Boychuk was on the Turku Outlaws with his player Jake Wylde. Then we were on Quebec together with Kesler (Bruno Wolf) and Frank (Aksel Thomassen). Hybrid who just came back had Brock Waldron as our goalie.

I don't know why, even though that player and team never had a cup, but it's among my favourite memories here. Even though I won 3 cups in a row with Molholt's Toronto team as Parechkin. Although Parechkin spoiled the fuck out of me. All those individual awards and then the cups. It was just surreal so it's hard for me to even realize how good that was.

Travis Boychuk was fun. I proved a lot of people wrong as a new guy and had like 120 points as a rookie. Parechkin was so dominant that it almost didn't feel that special. If that makes any sense.

I figured this was coming. One of the best members of the VHL, thanks for all you've done, and for allowing me to hang out in the NY locker room. Good luck spade, they are big shoes to fill!

• 2 months later...