Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Week 1:hel: <--

For week ending July 26th

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

1) S73 season starts on Tuesday, what is a personal goal for you this season?
2) Training camp is open, what is an area of your game you are hoping to improve?
3) Do you enjoy the trades/free agency/drafts or do you just count down the days to get back into action?
4) 16 teams now in the VHL, are you looking forward to traveling to the four new cities?
5) Who is your favorite non-hockey athlete?
6) Name a video game you remember from your childhood

1) I just want to win a Cup !

2) I hope to score a lot of goals. 

3) I was excited about drafts and the beginning of season. 

4) Yeah it’s always fun traveling to new places. 

5) Ryan Garcia the boxer is an awesome fighter. 

6) I remember playing Pitfall and Astroids on Atari. 

1- playing well in my backup games and giving Ross some competition

2- At this time I want to improve everything

3- the draft is fun to follow

4- yes I have never been to London or Warsaw

5- Not too sure to be honest. I’ll say whoever is competing for Canada in the olympic events.

6- Mario bros.

Point per game sounds like a good goal, not sure if I´m able to make it, but I have taken some steps forward and I think I can get close to it at least.

2) Training camp is open, what is an area of your game you are hoping to improve?

Maybe the physical side, strength and skating could use some attention, not much but just enough that I can keep going all year long.

3) Do you enjoy the trades/free agency/drafts or do you just count down the days to get back into action?

I do enjoy all those things, I´m not an expert on any of them obviously, but its fun to follow what is happening around the league and think how that might impact our team in the upcoming season.

4) 16 teams now in the VHL, are you looking forward to traveling to the four new cities?

Yep! Especially Warsaw, that sounds like a good time. I know Polish fans are loud and follow their teams with passion, I can only imagine how loud it will be in their home games.

I have to say Roy Keane. Legendary footballer who played for Ireland and for Manchester United. He is an intense person, played the game hard and gave his all for the team.

GTA: Sand Andreas is one, althought not sure exactly how old I was when I played it for the first time, but long time ago that is for sure.

Point per game would be my goal for this season.

I will be working on physical attributes, like strength and I'm close to maxing skating.

It's fun to welcome new teammates to our team but I'm more than ready to play again.

Some of them are questionable hockey markets but they're all interesting cities at least. I'm most looking forward to discovering Warsaw.

I love Kim Clijsters.

My (much older) cousins gave us their NES when we were little. My sister played Bubble Bobble a bunch so it stuck with me.

On 7/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, Jubo07 said:

My Personal Goal is to establish a name for myself in the VHL as a rookie and immediately, a goal of mine is to prove myself and get on the 1st PP unit. My ultimate  goal truly is to Win the VHL Rookie of the year award and bring it home to Finland

My passing accuracy 100% , i had alot of bad bounces last season and i know i can rebound with an amazing turnaround in my passing percentage this season

I LOVE the drafts , im keeping up with them all season, (I am also Assistant Director of VSN Scouting...So kinda my job) i also love the dispersal draft and seeing first gen players going in the top rounds always makes me happy :) 

More time to spend with the team , i love to travel so this is just opening new doors to sight seeing and traveling the world thanks to hockey.

Allen Iverson

POKEMON

On 7/20/2020 at 8:59 AM, Jubo07 said:

Win the cup.

Scoring I got it to a 98

Count down the days till the season.

Yes, I think LA would be pretty nice.

Probably Minka Fitzpatrick.

Biggest one has to be Nascar on the game cube.

Just play better.

glove hand

Usually just count down the days.  It was more interesting this year to see some of my old teammates and I get shipped off

yeah, it always nice to see new scenery

oh gosh.  Nikola Jokic, Ronald Acuna, Freddie Freeman, pretty much anyone on the nuggets or braves

Tecmo Super Bowl.  Still playing it, actually.  It is a really active modding community for it as well

1) S73 season starts on Tuesday, what is a personal goal for you this season? Win one last cup for the boys before Hafkey retires
2) Training camp is open, what is an area of your game you are hoping to improve? Skating and playmaking for sure.
3) Do you enjoy the trades/free agency/drafts or do you just count down the days to get back into action? I enjoy it all, watching everything come together is quite the spectacle
4) 16 teams now in the VHL, are you looking forward to traveling to the four new cities? Absolutely, the league expanding shows just how big the game has gotten and all the new people being introduced to what the VHL represents.
5) Who is your favorite non-hockey athlete? That's actually really hard to say as I don't watch anything outside of hockey in sports
6) Name a video game you remember from your childhood: ESPN NHL Hockey, my favorite game to this day

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Week 2:hel: <--

For week ending August 2nd

1) After week one we are 7-5-0, what are you most happy with thus far?
2) What do you want to improve on in the short-term?
3) Who has been our biggest rival so far?
4) Our special teams numbers have been poor, is it just bad luck or should we tweak the lines?
5) NHL play-in round is coming up this week, will you be watching?
6) Recommend a Netflix series or movie you have enjoyed.

4 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

4) Our special teams numbers have been poor, is it just bad luck or should we tweak the lines?

1) So far we are scoring goals and getting them from different areas of the team. 

2) I’m always wanting to just score more goals. 

3) Riga is always fun to beat. 

4) Doesn’t hurt to tweak the special teams. 

5) Yes of course my Blues are ready to roll. 

6) If you haven’t seen Dexter it’s not entirely new. But it’s like 8 or 9 seasons I believe. 

1- my first win was cool and it only took one game

2- Improve all around. Getting a shutout is my goal.

3- Malmo

4- Change them up and see how it goes

5- yes it will be nice to watch hockey again

6- the snowpiercer series is good

9 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

hahaha  Thats easy... My Teammates !! Helsinki is the best place to play and Jubo has truly  put together such an amazing group of users that are always their supporting each other and staying active the LR is my 2nd home.

In the short term im doing mostly leg combined with hand eye exercises as a hybrid method of increasing my leg strength as well as my ability to handle the puck at full speed with total control. 

MALMO ?

To be honest, i am unaware of where the lines are even posted ? and if they are where can i see them ? last i spoke to Jubo i was 2nd PP , I know i can make a difference on the #1 PP Unit , Special Teams is when i really shine and my IQ allows me to dominate

Honestly no , those guys are overpaid , im going to be watching VHLM games 

WATCH ANIMAL KINGDOM

11 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) We are winning games is making me happy!

2) I just want help win games and score points.

3) I think Moscow is still a pretty big rival and Malmo is also.

4) Jubo will figure it out and tweaking the lines a little is a good thing.

5) I will pay attention for sure.

6) I really like the Lucifer show.

We are winning games and our own game is getting better, so I´m happy with the whole general direction and energy of the team.

Scoring is one area, I´m getting the opportunities to score goals, but I have not been using those chances as well as I could.

Moscow and Malmo are good picks, our friendly or not so friendly neighbors!

Who knows, couple PP goals will more than likely make the numbers look a lot prettier, so could just be bad luck, but of course if things are not working anytime soon, perhaps some changes are in place.

No, but going to check the scores and maybe watch some highlights if Finnish players do something fancy.

Archer is a fun show

16 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1. What makes me happy that our game is getting better and better. Also scoring my first VHL goal was really happy moment for me.

2. My skating and puck handling.

3. Malmo

4. Bad luck

5. Of course!

6. The Last Dance

We got our revenge on London.

Finding the back of the net I'm not lacking on shots I'm getting off but I'm not capitalizing.

Moscow without a doubt.

It's hard to say, but I would say it's a mixture of bad luck and maybe needing a little if tweaking 

I will be doing my best hopefully if I can't watch I can listen or I'll catch the highlights.

Idk I liked stranger things if you haven't checked it out yet.

Contribution is pretty spread out. Everyone wants to be their team's superstar but seeing everyone patricipate to the scoring sheet is encouraging.

I would like to score more. I'm tired of losing games by 1 point.

Riga probably. The games are split so far and we've seen fighting in both games.

STHS sucks but usually you can find a combo that will work out well. Sometimes it's just one player you didn't expect who can make the difference.

I don't have cable but I will certainly try to watch.

Gonna go with Altered Carbon.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:38 PM, Jubo07 said:

Finding my stride in net!

everything

For me, it's going to be Davos.  I'm guessing it's Malmo for our team though

If you're not happy, tweak 'em.  you can always tweak them back

Yes!  BOLTS BOLTS BOLTS

I don't watch a lot of new stuff.  I watched 1917, it was pretty good.  The first season of Punisher was great. I recently watched the first episode of carnival row, it was odd but not bad.

1) After week one we are 7-5-0, what are you most happy with thus far? We've been really picking it up and the team is preforming like a true team, and our record last few days has reflected that with the win streak.
2) What do you want to improve on in the short-term? Still need a bit of work on my puck handling, past that just keeping up to speed with everything in this last season.
3) Who has been our biggest rival so far? I'd say that's probably Riga
4) Our special teams numbers have been poor, is it just bad luck or should we tweak the lines? Could be a combination of both, but so far we've been good with this win streak, so whatever happened is working well.
5) NHL play-in round is coming up this week, will you be watching? Since my hometown boys in the Avs aren't playing till round one, I'll be watching Arizona or Pittsburgh and what they can put together.
6) Recommend a Netflix series or movie you have enjoyed. Hell on Wheels was amazing, highly recommend

1) After week one we are 7-5-0, what are you most happy with thus far? I am happy, that my future team is doing great and hopefully they kep this up.
2) What do you want to improve on in the short-term? I want to improve my strength, but my minor team is limiting me.
3) Who has been our biggest rival so far? I would say every team from Europe conference. 
4) Our special teams numbers have been poor, is it just bad luck or should we tweak the lines? Bad luck. Helsinki does always everything right.
5) NHL play-in round is coming up this week, will you be watching? No, I will be watching NBA. 
6) Recommend a Netflix series or movie you have enjoyed. I enjoyed Santa Clarita Diet.

-->  :hel:Titans S73 Presser: Week 3:hel: <--

For week ending August 9th

1) We sit at 15-10-1 after week two. How are you feeling about the season thus far?
2) If you could improve one thing about STHS sim engine what would it be?
3) Who on the Titans do you believe finishes the season with the most goals?
4) What team swag does your player wear on off-days?
5) What is a locker-room pet-peeve of yours?
6) If you had to switch favorite NHL teams who would you cheer for?

1 hour ago, Jubo07 said:

1) We sit at 15-10-1 after week two. How are you feeling about the season thus far?

1) The season has been solid start so far. 

2) More consistency and less random playoff results. 

3) Probably Valtteri or Okada will. 

4) Just some T-shirt’s and jeans and hat.

5) My pet peeve is don’t mess with my helmet. 

6) I would cheer for Carolina or Arizona. (But I’m Blues fan for life)

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

We're not doing horrible but there is a lot of room for improvement. 

Fix the scoring, if a team has 50 shots on a 100 tpe goalie they shouldn't be losing lol.

Vaakaininen or Okada.

Hoodies, a t-shirt, and a nice pair of blue jeans.

Do not touch my stuff.

The Colorado Avalanche.

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

1) I think we can do even better.  

2) I am not sure but the STHS is pretty wacky!

3) Probably Valterri (or Okada & Draven.)

4) I wear the team hat and team t shirt.

5) I really don't have one besides try not to stink if you sit besides me. 

6) I would say Detroit or Washington. 

Pretty good run so far, 31 points and 4th place in the European division. First team has 17 wins and 37 points, so we have everything on our own hands when it comes down to rest of the season, that is a cool place to be in after 25 or so games.

Less penalty minutes for players who have high checking. I don´t know what is the reason for hooking and tripping penalties especially being so common when you add stuff to checking, those should be common for every player.

I´ll say Vaakanainen because he seems to have slightly better accuracy this year compared to rest of the top shooters in the roster.

Towel that has the Titans logo on it, I wear as little clothing as possible during the off-days.

The music I sometimes hear in the locker-room is not that great. That annoys me. Classics or no tunes at all is what I says.

Carolina perhaps. Like the Finnish players in Carolina!