Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

23 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 1:hel: <--

Answer 3 for 1 TPE, 6 for 2 TPE!

1) Will you be attending this off-season's draft?

Most likely not but maybe I'll surprise myself lol.
2) Who do you see meeting in the finals this post-season? (Vancouver/Seattle and Moscow/Riga remain)

Vancouver and Moscow 

3) Malmo was swept by Moscow. Do you think Helsinki would have put up a stronger fight?

Oh easily I would've seen us at least a game 6
4) Where would your player most likely be found during the off-season?

Training for the next season.
5) Are you anticipating a return to the playoffs for the Titans in S72?

Hell yeah I have yet to win a playoff series so I'm pumped to see what we can do if we were able to put this much of a fight this year even if we did miss the playoffs, I still think we were pretty dangerous 
6) Who in the locker-room has the best pre-game soccer skill?

Soccer???!!??? What kind of question is this, soccer's for pansys, jk lol I played in highschool so I'm not sure who would have the best skill 

Yes I usually watch it. 
2) Who do you see meeting in the finals this post-season? (Vancouver/Seattle and Moscow/Riga remain)

Vancouver vs Seattle is my pick. 

3) Malmo was swept by Moscow. Do you think Helsinki would have put up a stronger fight?

We would have won at least two games. 
4) Where would your player most likely be found during the off-season?

I usually go outside a lot and enjoy the great outdoors. 

I would definitely hope so cuz we need a Cup. 

I would say Daldo has best soccer skill. 

I will if I have time that day.

I am going to say Moscow/ Riga will make it.

3) Malmo was swept by Moscow. Do you think Helsinki would have put up a stronger fight?

We would have won a few probably.

I like to go ride my bike and keep working out regularly.

Yes we will need to get back to the post season.

I am not sure but I will just say Jim Bob.

2 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Unlikely. Even in the off-season, it takes more and more time to recover from the time difference as you get older.

I think we will be seeing a Vancouver/Moscow final. I've been high on the Wolves all year, so they are my pick to win in.

Definitely, we match up a lot better against the Menace.

With my family. They aren't far from Helsinki now, so I can train at home or at the facilities depending on the day.

Certainly, we may not be at our full potential until S73, but next season will definitely be an improvement.

Spaz is pretty crazy with his soccer skills.

Perhaps, if I get an invite I might ;) Last years rookie could provide some ´I know what it´s like´ type of support.

I´ll say Vancouver and Riga, both are teams that I played for with my last player, so seeing them in the finals would be fun!

I think so, still going to say that we had a roster and tactics made for playoffs, had more than enough of grit in the roster, I think that grit alone would have made us a annoying team to play against.

Somewhere warm and sunny, Spain for example. Gotta sit on the beach somewhere and take it easy. Somewhere in Europe for sure, can fly back to Helsinki easily.

Of course! One more year worth of experience under our belts, I think we will learn from this year and make sure those tight one goal games turn into our victory more often next season

Hiroshi Okada is my pick, I have seen Hiroshi bounce the puck like a soccer ball, so Hiroshi has to know a thing or two about kicking the ball.

1) Will you be attending this off-season's draft? Absolutely, I always love watching the next generation of VHL talent come into the league!
2) Who do you see meeting in the finals this post-season? (Vancouver/Seattle and Moscow/Riga remain) Hoping to see my old team Vancouver make it back to the finals, and I see Moscow making a good case for the finals after their performance against Malmo.

3) Malmo was swept by Moscow. Do you think Helsinki would have put up a stronger fight? It's honestly tough to say, but I feel with the team we had this last season we definitely could've given them a run for their money.
4) Where would your player most likely be found during the off-season? Right here, I'm riding out the end of my career with Helsinki, win or lose.
5) Are you anticipating a return to the playoffs for the Titans in S72? With the team we got going into next year I'd be surprised if we didn't take this retool year and make the most of it.
6) Who in the locker-room has the best pre-game soccer skill? Erik Summers rocks the ice with his skill, and off ice has got the best coordination to knock everybody out of the park with his soccer skill, easily.

I sure hope that the team can fly me over. It's a good time.

Just uhh... Vancouver and Moscow? Sounds like two big hockey cities.

Perhaps. It's unlike us to not take advantage of home ice.

Be found sounds so ominous. Fishing is a good bet.

I'm anticipating a return to form. Spin that as you may.

Virgil used to be a freestyle artist. He's cool like that.

If it's in Helsinki hell yeah, otherwise hard pass.

Seattle and Moscow. I swear I didn't look before answering.

I'd like to think yes because we had a pretty strong end of season and it came down to a couple of points.

Either courting beautiful finnish ladies or courting beautiful japanese ladies.

I don't want to get my hopes up but yes. Losing Kronos will hurt but we can do it.

Probably Jim Bob.

Probably not, i'm really busy and don't have time for it.

I see Vancouver and Moscow facing off. I know both teams have been really solid in the post season so far and I can't see either team not making it.

I like to think we would but our results say otherwise. I think with we'd have a shot if our team had more well rounded top lines.

At home in quarantine.

Absolutely. Our team already has a strong core and a lot of the rookies including myself are continuing to put in time to improve.

Not me that's for sure. I'd say Jared Spaz is the best at pre-game soccer.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 2:hel: <--

1) The off-season is upon us. Are you more excited for the draft or seeing trade activity?
2) If we were to test free agency which position would you like to see us strengthen?
3) With training camp opening next week what will you be focusing on improving?
4) If we had a snack bar post game, which snack would you be excited to see on the menu?
5) Does your player live in an apartment, condo or house?
6) What car does your player drive?

1) The off-season is upon us. Are you more excited for the draft or seeing trade activity?
Trade activity is always fun. I love drafts too but we already know who we are getting with our first pick so it takes some of the fun away from it.

2) If we were to test free agency which position would you like to see us strengthen?
We could use improvement at all positions I think. A good scoring forward perhaps would help us.

Since I'll be taking more faceoffs this season, I'll work on that and my strength to help the team start the play on the offensive more.

4) If we had a snack bar post game, which snack would you be excited to see on the menu?
I don't know what you usually find in a snack bar but if cotton candy was an option, that.

He lives in the most expensive area of Helsinki so he can only afford the smallest of apartments. He's dumb like that.

Probably an Acura or something. I don't know anything about cars.

1) The off-season is upon us. Are you more excited for the draft or seeing trade activity?

Im just excited to get back to work and start practicing with the team. But yeah daft and trades are fun. 

I would say goaltending and anything Jubo decides is fine with me. 

I just want to be in the same page as my line mates. Develop chemistry and start being consistent as a team. 
4) If we had a snack bar post game, which snack would you be excited to see on the menu?

I would say nachos are amazing or just any pizza. 

I have a rustic house in the woods with a lot of land ! 

Draven drives American Muscle!  Black and Blue 1976 Dodge Challenger 

I'm looking forward to the draft!

We need more scoring and better goal-tending/goalie.

I will be focusing on discipline and passing and scoring. I was not happy to have all those penalties last season.

I love beef jerky and stuff crust pizza.

I have a house and a vacation home on the west coast.

I have motorcycles and a Jeep. I also take my 4 wheeler out to Dravens property and we ride and hang out with the rest of the team and barbecue in the off season. 

Both are exciting, trade activity in general in the whole VHL could provide some dramatic effects for the upcoming season, so maybe slightly more excited to see what happens with trading stuff.

Maybe some offensive flavor in general on all areas, more scoring and puck moving ability!

I will focus on the physical attributes, skating and maybe strength, but going to also focus on passing and scoring. Hopefully I can score few more and make few right moves per period.

Fresh bread, cant go wrong with that. Some salad, tomatoes etc in there and make it a healthy snack option.

Apartment, simple living and close to our practice arena, easy life for single man.

I don´t actually have a car, I either walk or cycle everywhere I can.

1) The off-season is upon us. Are you more excited for the draft or seeing trade activity? I think we know who we're picking at the draft, so seeing who we'll pick up in trades or free agency has got my interest quite a bit
2) If we were to test free agency which position would you like to see us strengthen? We struggled all across the board this year, so another dman and/or forward to strengthen our core could possibly work.
3) With training camp opening next week what will you be focusing on improving? I had a down year and got hit a lot, so improving my strength and trying to get my scoring touch back is my primary focus
4) If we had a snack bar post game, which snack would you be excited to see on the menu? I've always loved Skittles, I'd love to see them up on the menu in that case.
5) Does your player live in an apartment, condo or house? Apartment
6) What car does your player drive? Hafkey doesn't drive, he just sprints to practice

8 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

I am pretty excited to see what will happen and how strong we will be for the upcoming season.

What we lacked last year, scoring 

My defense is where I want/need it so my skating and puck handling.

CHEESE STICKSSSS

Apartment for now I plan on buying a condo or house soon though.

8 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Dodge Charger, my dream car ?

I try to tune out of hockey during the summer, but the draft is a once in a lifetime experience for a player.

I don't feel confident in answering this one.

Next week already? Damn. Maybe getting my old ass to the gym.

Sunflower seeds. But those are always available everywhere, so...

I've made enough money in my years to have a house for myself. :D 

Daily Tesla driver but I've got my fair share of Italian and Japanese 1990s gems.

On 5/11/2020 at 8:55 AM, Jubo07 said:

Our draft strategy seems pretty clear and I think we are going to get our guy, so I'm exciting to see what we can do on the trade market to compliment that.

We could really use an offensive superstar to lead our roster.

I've always branded myself as a defensive defenseman, but my hits were so low last season that I took myself out of that conversation. I will be spending a lot of time in the weight room this off-season.

Ice cream. When you are hot and tired after a game, ice cream tastes ten times better.

I've got a house with my family. We've been working on turning the yard into a more useful space by planting gardens and fruit trees.

It is a bit of a hobby car, but I tracked down a '96 Cherokee with a diesel engine. It isn't pretty, but it is rare and fun to drive.

I'm excited for the draft. I know someone getting drafted and I couldn't be more happy for him.

I'd like to see us strengthen our wings. Don't ask me why I'd just like it.

I'll be focusing on improving my speed, I feel like I'm struggling to keep up with these faster forwards in the VHL.

Snickers.

I live in a 2 bedroom apartment.

I drive a 1994 Toyota Corolla.

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 3:hel: <--

For week ending May 24

1) Training camp opens on Monday. How do you feel about being back on the ice after a short break?
2) In your opinion what is the most optimistic improvement the team has made in the offseason?
3) How many goals and points do you project our rookie Valtteri Vaakanainen to have?
4) Who on the roster has the most improved team?
5) What is the last thing you ordered online?
6) It's breakfast time, what would be your perfect breakfast?

53 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

-->  :hel:Titans Off-Season Presser 3:hel: <--

For week ending May 24

1) Training camp opens on Monday. How do you feel about being back on the ice after a short break?

I can't wait it's been torture.
2) In your opinion what is the most optimistic improvement the team has made in the offseason?

Adding some of that offense.
3) How many goals and points do you project our rookie Valtteri Vaakanainen to have?

Uhh 15 goals 20 points.

It's hard to tell honestly will have to wait till the season starts.

Some vape juice.

Bacon and a peanut butter bagel.

On 5/11/2020 at 10:55 AM, Jubo07 said:

1-  It's always nice seeing the prospects being drafted and where they will go.... Maybe even some trades of those draft picks for a double whammy!

2-  Honestly, Looking at our team I like the direction we are headed and the squad we have built.... Will be nice to get the team out on the ice this season!

3-  I think my main focus right now is to get my defensive skills improved, switching to a D-Man I think will be nice and I am excited to see how I will do!

4-  Nibs, they are one of my favorite snacks but I know if they are on the menu I will always be getting them so it might be a little risky.

5-  Right now in the off-season I am living in my childhood house.... I still haven't got around to buying a house for the season so I am still renting an apartment, I am really liking the place so I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it!

6-  2020 Aston Martin Vantage.... Always wanted a nice sports car and I thought this was a beauty, I had to pick it up once the paychecks came in!

Feels great, been a while since I was on the ice, so excited to get back out there and take first steps towards new season!

The addition of Johnson into the net has potential to be a nice addition, for Johnson to have fair chance to perform well the players in front of him need to play well also, so there comes the optimistic part, but I have full confidence that Johnson will have a nice year and same for the whole team!

Tough one to predict, but I´ll say cool 20 goals and 20 assists, going to have nice year.

I´ll say both Johson and Vaakanainen, Johnson in net can catch the puck like no other, and the addition of Vaakanainen means more depth scoring the very least, something that we need to turn those tight games into our victory!

Pair of shoes, nothing expensive, but I like them so far - feel nice on my feet!

Porridge with little bit of milk, I like to keep it simple. Shovel that into my face and get going.

Its going to be great getting back to work and find our chemistry.

We picked up a good goalie.

I'm sure he will do well and possibly score 15-20 goals and 45 pts maybe.

I think Davos is starting to look better. 

I ordered some new shoes online.

Biscuits and gravy sounds great!

11 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

I'm ready to get back to work. We once again have a lot of people doubting us this season. I'm ready to prove them wrong.

The acquisition of Michael Johnson should be a big win for us.

I'll estimate conservatively and say twenty goals and sixty-five points.

I think Hiroshi Okada is going to do big things this season. Expect him to be a true leader.

Books for the kids. The oldest is starting to read, so it is an exciting time.

Fruity Pebbles. I know it sounds weird, but it is just the perfect breakfast.