Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

6 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

zSH08aB.png.210e16782973790515fb6eb40d83fd08.png

:veg:Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

18/1 - 24/1

Answer these questions for 2 Capped TPE

1) The VHLM draft is done and over with! Vegas, of course, had a limited amount of picks. How well did we do?

2) So as we're heading towards the new season, how excited are you to play for Vegas?

3) Are we going to compete this season? Or is Vegas going to be a basement team?

4) What's your favorite genre of music? Do you have a favorite artist?

5) What other teams do you think will be top competitors this season?

6) So I'm heading into my 3rd season as an AGM. Does that qualify me as old for VHLM AGM standards?

1. I think Vegas drafted pretty wisely, and took big risk that will pay off big time.

2. I'm really excited to be here, it's great to share the locker room with some great guys.

3. Vegas has a very solid group of players, I think it's pretty safe to say we're going to go pretty far this upcoming season.

4. Can't go wrong with rock.

5. Obviously the defending Champs Philly will be up there,

6. Live your life to the fullest.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:59 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

18/1 - 24/1

1) The VHLM draft is done and over with! Vegas, of course, had a limited amount of picks. How well did we do?

I feel like we did decently

2) So as we're heading towards the new season, how excited are you to play for Vegas?

Super excited to begin my first season as the starter goalie

3) Are we going to compete this season? Or is Vegas going to be a basement team?

We might not be the favourites, but i feel like if we play as well as we can, why wouldn't we be able to compete

Mostly metalhead, though lately i have found few rap artists that i enjoy.

As for favorite band, all time favourite has to be Metallica, but for the moment i got hooked on Orbit Culture

Not sure, haven't really paid too much attention to other teams

6) So I'm heading into my 3rd season as an AGM. Does that qualify me as old for VHLM AGM standards?

Ancient

On 1/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

18/1 - 24/1

1. Well considering the circumstances

2. Pretty excited. It's a great team

3. I think we'll see as the season goes on

4. Rock and AC/DC

5. Houston has a crazy good roster

6. Well, it kind of looks like it lol

1. Really well

2. I am very excited to play

3. We are going to the top

4. Hip Hop mainly and artist would currently be Tom MacDonald

5. I haven't paid attention

6. No it does not

zSH08aB.png.b6da194f714162dfbc22e1a4cca814c3.png

25/1 - 31/1

1) So currently we have a 2-6-2 record. Which as you can tell, is kind of a yikes. What can we do to improve our record?

2) We've had a couple of close games against Houston as of late. Which if you don't know, is still currently undefeated. What does that say about our work ethic as a team?

3) Do you think other teams underestimate us?

4) What's something you do in order to help you relax?

5) Coffee or tea?

6) Have you been to any concerts? If not, which band/artist's concert would you like to attend if given the chance to?

19 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

25/1 - 31/1

1) So currently we have a 2-6-2 record. Which as you can tell, is kind of a yikes. What can we do to improve our record?

2) We've had a couple of close games against Houston as of late. Which if you don't know, is still currently undefeated. What does that say about our work ethic as a team?

5) Coffee or tea?

6) Have you been to any concerts? If not, which band/artist's concert would you like to attend if given the chance to?

1. I don't know...

2. Pretty ok, they haven't been defeated yet.

3. no...

4. Go to the VHL or skate

5. Tea

6. I don't have any favourite artists (music)

On 1/25/2021 at 7:37 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

25/1 - 31/1

I feel like i need to do better, my save% isn't quite what i hoped for

We are a hard working group, we just need to focus more and keep working hard

Results haven't been great but i think we still have a pretty good team that at least have a chance to beat any team in the league. So maybe.

Listen to music

5) Coffee or tea?

Neither, don't really enjoy hot drinks

Got to see Battle beast live,was fun show. Hoping to get to see Rammstein and Metallica live.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:37 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

25/1 - 31/1

5) Coffee or tea?

1. I can actually be active and earn TPE.

2. Our work ethic is good but we just need to be able to close out games

3. I’m not sure but I can tell you that they shouldn’t underestimate us.

4. I love to listen to music or just get some fresh air.

5. Tea for sure

6. I’ve only been to 1 concert and it was an Odd Future Concert when I was in high school.

On 1/25/2021 at 12:37 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

25/1 - 31/1

5) Coffee or tea?

1. I think we have a decent team and we’ll pull it together eventually

2. I think we have a bit of clutch in us

3. Definitely. I think we still have weapons on offence

4. Read a book

5. Neither. Hot chocolate

6. I’d love to see an Imagine Dragons concert

5) Coffee or tea?

1. Just keep working our tails off

2. We strive for greatness

3. Indeed

4. Sleep

5. Tea

6. MGK for sure

1/2 - 7/2

1) With only 15 points this season so far, LVA is 2nd last in league standings. Do you think it's still possible to sneak into the postseason?

2) To give Spartan more pain, this is the first season since he took over LVA that Vegas is not actively competing. At least not for now. What do you think about this? What does this say about @Spartan as a GM?

3) @Gally is 5th in the VHLM in shots, @TacticalHammer is 2nd in shots blocked, and @I'll change this later is 10th in defenseman league-wide in terms of points. What does this say about our team effort?

4) Minnesota and Houston are neck and neck for no.1 in the league. Will Houston maintain their lead or will Minny catch up and overtake them?

5) Do you think my presser questions are too long, or makes you think too much? Do you like these kind of pressers? Be honest.

6) What was your favorite toy growing up?

1. Guess it depends on how many games are left.

2. Poor guy it's his rookie las Vegas gm let's see how he does next season. He did rescue me from free agency so I can't say anything bad about him after that.

3. We just need some more guys to step up and put up good numbers like that and it'll take us farther as a team.

4. I guess Minnesota

5. I think these pressers are good for me. I can get them done relatively quickly and it's interesting to see what questions there are so no complaints here.

6. My bucket of cars and trucks. I'd play with them for hours I had 10 pounds worth of cars.

On 2/2/2021 at 12:37 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

1/2 - 7/2

1) With only 15 points this season so far, LVA is 2nd last in league standings. Do you think it's still possible to sneak into the postseason?

Can always give it our best shot

2) To give Spartan more pain, this is the first season since he took over LVA that Vegas is not actively competing. At least not for now. What do you think about this? What does this say about @Spartan as a GM?

Not really much, these things happen. I think he has done well given the circumstances.

3) @Gally is 5th in the VHLM in shots, @TacticalHammer is 2nd in shots blocked, and @I'll change this later is 10th in defenseman league-wide in terms of points. What does this say about our team effort?

Couple more guys to get those kind of numbers and we're golden

4) Minnesota and Houston are neck and neck for no.1 in the league. Will Houston maintain their lead or will Minny catch up and overtake them?

I think Houston can hold the lead

5) Do you think my presser questions are too long, or makes you think too much? Do you like these kind of pressers? Be honest.

I actually enjoy asnwering these questions, don't mind having to think about how to answer.

6) What was your favorite toy growing up?

I guess my toy tools, screwdrivers etc. Spent hours mimicking my father while he fixed cars.

8/2 - 14/2

1) Looks like things are starting to look bright for us! We're currently 4th in our conference in terms of standings, meaning that as of now, we're in a playoff position. Do you think we'll be able to maintain this for the rest of the season?

2) Just over half of this season has been played. How well do you think you are doing?

3) A big trade sent @Domino Draws to Minnesota for various amounts of draft picks. A trade like that would often signify that we're rebuilding, and yet we're in a playoff position as of writing this. What do you think about this? Should we commit to the postseason, or pull out the tank?

4) What genre of games do you like playing? First-person shooters, RPGs/JRPGs, Strategy, etc. If you don't really have a preference, what's that one game you play the most?

5) Star Wars or Star Trek?

6) Did you watch the Super Bowl? Did your team win? Also what do you think of the halftime show?

On 2/8/2021 at 9:22 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

8/2 - 14/2

1) Looks like things are starting to look bright for us! We're currently 4th in our conference in terms of standings, meaning that as of now, we're in a playoff position. Do you think we'll be able to maintain this for the rest of the season?

2) Just over half of this season has been played. How well do you think you are doing?

3) A big trade sent @Domino Draws to Minnesota for various amounts of draft picks. A trade like that would often signify that we're rebuilding, and yet we're in a playoff position as of writing this. What do you think about this? Should we commit to the postseason, or pull out the tank?

4) What genre of games do you like playing? First-person shooters, RPGs/JRPGs, Strategy, etc. If you don't really have a preference, what's that one game you play the most?

6) Did you watch the Super Bowl? Did your team win? Also what do you think of the halftime show?

1) YES OF COURSE!!!

2) i'm just trying to do my best, i don't know

3) yes it was a good trade!

4) I like MOBA games, like LoL

5) Star Wars

6) NO it's not an italian tradiction

On 2/8/2021 at 2:22 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

8/2 - 14/2

1. With my inspiration as captain, yes. They will be scared to lose...

2. I do what the team does. If the team is good, I'm good. If we're shit, I'm shit.

3. COMMIT.

4. I do FPS and Sports a lot. Huge CS:GO/Valorant guy (I suck, but still love it).

5. Star Wars, why is this even here?

6. I did, didn't root for anyone, and loved the half-time show. Dude's got talent.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:22 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

8/2 - 14/2

1. Yeah, even though we've been drifting into rebuild I still have hope we can pull out a playoff run

2. I think I'm doing fine, I'm glad the points are coming

3. I like the way the Aces have operated the last few seasons, where we get picks but contend at the same time, rather than rip everything apart then do a dream team.

4. Um, NHL21?

5. Star Wars. Never seen star trek, and I love star wars

6. I watched the super bowl, yes, and was surprised the bucs won. I thought the halftime show was a little odd but good

:veg: Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

15/2 - 21/2

1) Talk about winning! We've won the last 5 games and is now in a comfortable playoff position at 4th of the conference. We also have a considerable lead against Sasky. What does that say about the team??

2) Which VHL team are you routing for? (Apart from your own VHL team if you're already drafted)

3) What do you think is needed for good locker room activity?

4) If you think about it, we're sorta stuck in the middle. We're not bad enough to not be in a playoff picture, but we're also likely not good enough to be a top competing team? How do you feel about this dilemma?

5) How do you like your steak?

6) Do you think we'll be able to take on the big teams like Houston come playoffs?

On 2/15/2021 at 9:17 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

15/2 - 21/2

1) Talk about winning! We've won the last 5 games and is now in a comfortable playoff position at 4th of the conference. We also have a considerable lead against Sasky. What does that say about the team??

The team is hardworking and now it's starting to work properly

2) Which VHL team are you routing for? (Apart from your own VHL team if you're already drafted)

Haven't really kept upt with VHL standings

I'm a bit more quiet than the other guys so i might not be the person to ask 😅

4) If you think about it, we're sorta stuck in the middle. We're not bad enough to not be in a playoff picture, but we're also likely not good enough to be a top competing team? How do you feel about this dilemma?

I think we're strong enough to get to playoffs, we might not go all the way, but i believe we can give strong performance

Medium of course

6) Do you think we'll be able to take on the big teams like Houston come playoffs?

In playoffs anything can happen

On 2/15/2021 at 2:17 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

2/15 - 2/21

1. That we're good

2. Davos Dynamo 

3. People who like to talk

4. It beats not being in the playoffs.

5. Medium well

6. Just let me at em and let's see what happens

On 2/15/2021 at 2:17 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

15/2 - 21/2

1. We've been picking it up recently, I think we'll be surprising in the playoffs

2. I'd say Prague, they've been on fire since that big trade

3. Dedicated members

4. I mean, the Reapers did that two seasons ago and won the cup the next, so I like where it's going

5. I guess medium

6. For sure.

22/2 - 28/2

1) We've made the playoffs! Our first opponent will be none other than Mexico. How pumped are you for the playoffs?

2) We'll be riding our momentum into the postseason after a strong finish. How do you feel coming into the playoffs?

3) What other current playoff match-ups interest you? It can be both VHL and VHLM.

4) What kind of tea do you like? (Green tea, earl grey, etc.)

5) @Syzygyfinished this season 6th in the league in points with an outstanding 54 goal season. @Bouncyelf also quietly made his way to 7th in points among defenseman. Finally @aksuko finished the season 4th in SV% and 9th in GAA, and has become one of this season's better starters. What do you think about these guy's accomplishments this season? How will the translate into the playoffs?

6) Looking ahead, it looks like there's going to be a lot of work to do with LVA come next season. We have a lot more waiver players who are draft eligible compared to previous seasons and a few of our current star players will probably move up as well. So with that in mind, is this season truly our do or die moment?

23 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

22/2 - 28/2

1) We've made the playoffs! Our first opponent will be none other than Mexico. How pumped are you for the playoffs?

2) We'll be riding our momentum into the postseason after a strong finish. How do you feel coming into the playoffs?

3) What other current playoff match-ups interest you? It can be both VHL and VHLM.

5) @Syzygyfinished this season 6th in the league in points with an outstanding 54 goal season. @Bouncyelf also quietly made his way to 7th in points among defenseman. Finally @aksuko finished the season 4th in SV% and 9th in GAA, and has become one of this season's better starters. What do you think about these guy's accomplishments this season? How will the translate into the playoffs?

6) Looking ahead, it looks like there's going to be a lot of work to do with LVA come next season. We have a lot more waiver players who are draft eligible compared to previous seasons and a few of our current star players will probably move up as well. So with that in mind, is this season truly our do or die moment?

1. Incredibly pumped! I'm excited to see how far the Aces are going to go. I know we all have our eyes on being champions and I know we're all going to do our best to achieve that dream.

2. I feel good. Still waiting on my first VHLM points but I feel defensively I've been playing well and I think its helped us keep our goals against low.

3. Prague vs Riga looks very interesting. I've heard a lot of chatter about that and curious to see who will come out on top of that one.

4. I usually go for like a peppermint tea? I'm not a huge tea drinker.

5. They've all been great! I havent been on the team long but I've seen the impact all 3 of them have had on our team and I think they'll carry that momentum into the playoffs.

6. In a way yes Las Vegas has a shorter window than some teams, but at the same time I think Spartan has done a good job of finding and growing talent, so with him at the helm I think Vegas will always have a chance of being a playoff team.

41 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

22/2 - 28/2

1. Absolutely, wasn't completely sure we would make it., but i'm happy that we made it.

2. Great, if we keep playing how we have lately,  there is no reason why we can't make deep run

3. I pretty much only keep up with the team i'm in 😅

4. I don't really enjoy hot drinks, so i guess lemon ice tea

5. Great to see how well the lads did, kinda shame i started to do well so late in the season but better late than never

6. It would be great to win now, but even if we won't, i trust @Spartan and @JigglyGumballs will keep doing great and the results will come sooner rather than later

46 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

22/2 - 28/2

1. Super pumped, I'm really starting to hate mexico but I think we have a chance to beat them.

2. I'm feeling good, definitely optimistic, we've beat these teams before.

3. The Miami vs yukon for sure. Two middle of the pack teams, which are always close.

4. Green tea is my go to, I also like peppermint when I'm sick.

5. I couldn't have done it without the rest of the team, I had some dope liberates to play with all season. 7th in D scoring is amazing and 4th is sv % is unreal, I'm saying we have a real good chance to upset some teams.

6. I wouldn't say do or die, every team has their ups and downs, and I'm sure the aces will always have a good team with solid players. Gotta put some praise on the management for drafting and picking up the guys to win.