Las Vegas Aces Press Conference

oilmandan

10 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

zSH08aB.png.210e16782973790515fb6eb40d83fd08.png

(This looks different because I'm too lazy to get on my laptop)

Answer these questions for 2 Capped TPE

Week Ending: 12/7 - 12/13

1) On 12/6, we had a really good sim as we won all three of our games on that day. How do you feel about our performance and more so the performance of @matt sovick in those games?

2) So y'know how I asked if you preferred coffee or tea? Which do you prefer? Tea, or hot chocolate?

3) What did you think about the now denied trade involving Aksu Maronen and a 5th round pick getting shipped to Ottawa for a previously voided 1st round pick and Asher OHara?

4) What was your favorite Christmas present? Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, what was your favorite present that you've ever gotten?

5) How do you overcome scoring slumps? A little luck? Perhaps some sort of change in how you play?

6) Do you prefer summer or winter?

1. Sovick was an absolute stud man. He's been grinding this season and today was a great performance from him.

2. I kinda prefer tea tbh, but it has to be iced tea.

3. Hahahahahahaha. Yeah I get why it was denied, but it'd have been a big pick for us if it worked.

4. I think it was Pokémon Pearl for my Nintendo DS lol, that was a game I've put countless hours into.

5. Part of it is just trusting the process and continuing to earn. I struggled with it as well, but keep improving your stats and you'll see big changes.

6. Winter all the way. It's too hot in the summer.

5 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1) On 12/6, we had a really good sim as we won all three of our games on that day. How do you feel about our performance and more so the performance of @matt sovick in those games?

2) So y'know how I asked if you preferred coffee or tea? Which do you prefer? Tea, or hot chocolate?

3) What did you think about the now denied trade involving Aksu Maronen and a 5th round pick getting shipped to Ottawa for a previously voided 1st round pick and Asher OHara?

4) What was your favorite Christmas present? Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, what was your favorite present that you've ever gotten?

5) How do you overcome scoring slumps? A little luck? Perhaps some sort of change in how you play?

1. Very nice, 10/10 👌🏻

2. Hot Chocolate. Idk why but, hot chocolate

3. wait... Aksu went to Ottowa?

4. A hockey stick

5. Finding ways to get more TPE (sometimes capped, sometimes uncapped)

6. Uhhhh, I don't know to be honest

5 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1. I thought we played pretty well, a lot of the goals came from depth players on the team which is always good to see. Matt Sovick is an absolute beast, best goalie in the league.

2. Hot chocolate by a mile. Tea is nasty

3. I thought we were going to get away with it to be honest. I think it would've been a good trade that was a win win for everyone

4. I got a wooden toy gun that shot rubber bands out of it. Let's just say my mum regretted getting me that for Christmas.

5. A little luck always helps, I've been going through a slump as of late but you have to keep playing hard and the points will come.

6. I'm more of a summer guy because it means I get to wear shorts every time I go outside.

6 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1. Our team performance waa great, a good bounce back performance after a rough couple days. Sovick's play has definitely been outstanding and a huge reason why we have taken a couple of those games.

2. Uhhh Hot chocolate I guess? lol

3. Definitely a near 4D chess move that could've resulted in the Aces getting into the lottery draft.

4. Getting my first jersey on Christmas when I was 10. Definitely made me so incredibly happy.

5. A little bit of both tbh, sometimes a small difference will be massive for the sim, good or bad.

6. Winter is king 100%. Hockey, snow, and Christmas I love it all.

8 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1. I think we're kind of realizing our potential now, and Matt is, too

2. Never tried tea. Hot chocolate for now. 

3. I'm glad we get to keep aksuko, but that lottery pick, maybe 1st overall, would've been nice

4. I got road hockey goalie pads when I was 8, and it was the greatest thing.

5. I give scoring some extra TPE, put points isn't really my goal

6. Winter. I hate being hot. At least when you're cold you can do something about it

8 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

1) Was great, the team played great as a whole. It’s nice to see some good wings come through this time in the season.

2) Hot Choco, nothing beats that shit.

3) Well for that pick it was very good lol, sad it didn’t go through but it’s still good to have Maronen around.

4) I get seasons passes for skiing every year so that’s definitely my favorite present every year 👌

5) I make a post about how the sims are rigged and after that I start to produce again. I feel like this is something we should look into!

6) Winter, no bugs and fresh pow 🔥

1) On 12/6, we had a really good sim as we won all three of our games on that day. How do you feel about our performance and more so the performance of @matt sovick in those games? I think he was possibly the greatest goalie to ever skate on the ice hehehe

2) So y'know how I asked if you preferred coffee or tea? Which do you prefer? Tea, or hot chocolate? im assuming you mean hot tea so i'd say hot chocolate, but if it were cold, i'd say tea

3) What did you think about the now denied trade involving Aksu Maronen and a 5th round pick getting shipped to Ottawa for a previously voided 1st round pick and Asher OHara? NO comment. wouldn't know what to say for this one

4) What was your favorite Christmas present? Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, what was your favorite present that you've ever gotten? either my goalie equipment or my xbox

5) How do you overcome scoring slumps? A little luck? Perhaps some sort of change in how you play? i just continue to do what i did before just because i know that there are going to be good days and bad days

6) Do you prefer summer or winter? I really like both equally

Also, @everyone thanks for the kind words

12 hours ago, JigglyGumballs said:

Our performance was complete and Sovick has been a wall, it has been pleasure to watch and learn from him.

I guess hot chocolate even though i don't enjoy hot drinks.

Don't really know what to answer, it's a shame that Aces didn't get probably first pick in the draft, but so far i have loved my time here and would love to stay here. But, @Spartan and @JigglyGumballs will do what's best for the team and i'm happy help in anyway i can.

Junior goalie kit, tho it was cheap and broke pretty soon after.

Don't think about it too much, keep focusing and getting to scoring positions and the goals will start coming.

Summer. I hate cold weather.

1. We played very well in those 3 games. But gotta give it to Matt he was a brick wall and it was awesome to see him playing the way he did.

2. Probably Hot Chocolate. It was a hard decision because I like them both but I like hot chocolate just a little bit more lol.

3. I have no idea, didn’t know about a trade like that going down.

4. Probably getting a hockey stick.

5. Honestly I just think about what I could have done better in that situation and then just do what I should’ve done the first time .

6. Summer 100% hands down. I hate the cold.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:14 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

Winning is winning, but what he did in those games? Can't ask for more.

Tea, all the way. Cocoa is nice on Christmas, but Tea is year round.

3) What did you think about the now denied trade involving Aksu Maronen and a 5th round pick getting shipped to Ottawa for a previously voided 1st round pick and Asher OHara?

@Spartan sucks. Plain and simple.

I got my first trumpet on Christmas, and I used it all the way up to my freshman year of college. Still have it too.

Hahahahaha. Hahaha. Me? Get over slumps? I don't score.

Fall. Summer too hot, Winter too cold. 

1. I think we're a really good team, and I hope the other recent additions and I can add to that success

2. Hot chocolate, easy

3. Getting a first that high would have been really good

4. I got an Xbox not too long ago for Christmas

5. I don't know man, I've been on quite a few lately. I just try to earn a little extra TPE that week

6. Winter, no contest

1. Hope I'm not too late to the game, finals just finished up. Defiantly working on the player and hoping these next sims my boy can get some stuff down. Matt has been immaculate. A pure beaut.

2. Big Tea guy. Nothing beats a good cup of tea to start of the day.

3. I think it's madness, let it happen.

4. My favorite Christmas present was probably my first pair of blades. Can't remember the brand but damn they lasted me a long time and really got me into hockey.

5. As a Dman that sometimes plays up you just gotta let it happen. Can't force anything thats when mistakes come into play. Can't have any of those.

6. I'm a fan of both. I love the snow but my ice skating skills aren't better than my roller skills. Wish they were.

1. I like how our team is lending together as a whole right now it feels great and I only hope we can sustain it

2. hot chocolate for sure

3. I mean the trade doesn’t involve me so I’m not sure I care but if I was an involved party I would be upset considering the only thing halting the trade was the league office tbh

4. I mean I’m not sure what gift was the best. But I’ve gotten red wings and lions tickets before and those were awesome: I’d have to think about it

5. in game? I just focus earning on offensive strats in that case but in real life I would just try to keep my spirits up because I’ll get puck luck eventually

6. Definitely both are great but probably winter there is just something to the cool air tbh

1) On 12/6, we had a really good sim as we won all three of our games on that day. How do you feel about our performance and more so the performance of @matt sovick in those games? It was what could be considered good or nice idk

2) So y'know how I asked if you preferred coffee or tea? Which do you prefer? Tea, or hot chocolate? bro, if you answer anything but tea ur completely bugging

3) What did you think about the now denied trade involving Aksu Maronen and a 5th round pick getting shipped to Ottawa for a previously voided 1st round pick and Asher OHara? tbh, i dont know any of the stuff in this trade im kinda a vhl illiterate

4) What was your favorite Christmas present? Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, what was your favorite present that you've ever gotten? Probably my switch, was a fun thing to play on

5) How do you overcome scoring slumps? A little luck? Perhaps some sort of change in how you play? I Yeah i change my playstyle and then look at lva discord and realise I could be worse lol

6) Do you prefer summer or winter? Summer, where im from winter is just cold with no snow or any of the winter benefits very sad stuff yk

:veg:Las Vegas Aces Press Conference :veg:

14/12 - 20/12

1) WOAH TRADES GALORE! What do you think about the recent trades as of late? What kind of statement does it make towards the other teams?

2) What do you love most about this time of year? The gifts? The gatherings? (Well not anymore cuz fucking rona) Maybe because you get a break from school/work?

3) I'm assuming none of you guys are children so what's an incident from highschool that you remember?

4) We're currently locked at 5th place in the standings. Will that change by the end of the season?

5) How are you doing as of late?

6) What's your favourite snack?

Just now, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

1) WOAH TRADES GALORE! What do you think about the recent trades as of late? What kind of statement does it make towards the other teams?

2) What do you love most about this time of year? The gifts? The gatherings? (Well not anymore cuz fucking rona) Maybe because you get a break from school/work?

3) I'm assuming none of you guys are children so what's an incident from highschool that you remember?

4) We're currently locked at 5th place in the standings. Will that change by the end of the season?

1. We're gearing up for a playoff run, and I hope it inspires COLD FEAR in our opponents

2. I get 3 weeks off school, so that's a massive win for me. Christmas is good too, spending time with family.

3. I have another year before I go to high school 😅

4. Yes, definitely. We will reclaim what is rightfully ours: first place in the west

5. Okay. 45 in 60 games, I think. Not bad for a defensive defenceman

6. A granola bar

1 minute ago, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

1. I was surprised to be on the trade block for Miami, but I was glad that Las Vegas had interest in me. I'm excited to be here! I think this shows other teams that the playoffs are in the eyes of Vegas and that we are willing to do what it takes to win!

2. Well I love Advent, so December is always exciting for me! I think my favorite thing though is Christmas hymns and the chilly weather!

3. Oh man. I suppose it was the time I was selected to play in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for the Macy's Great American Marching Band and my highschool honored me.

4. It's possible!

5. Not too bad! I've been pretty tired most days, but this is my last week of classes for the year so a much needed break is quickly approaching!

6. It's a tie between Reese's and Funyons!

1 minute ago, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

1. I really like the trades, it shows we are in it to win it this season.

2. Christmas time has always been a bit uplifting for me. Definitely the happiest time of the year for me.

3. I remember when the cafeteria caught on fire and we had to evacuate the whole school.

4. Hopefully tbh, since by the looks of tje standings we are more likely to drop than to gain.

5. I'm doing alright, been getting by these past couple weeks. 

6. Depends on my mood lol, Cheez-its, Doritos, and Twix.

5 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

1. These trades show we mean some serious business, with the acquisition of Juniper, Dan and Tate we might have the best roster in the league

2. I love the long break I have from uni. I usually get about 6 weeks of around this time of year 

3. In P.E. or gym, when we were all getting changed someone was running about with a can of deodorant and someone almost got set on fire

4. I think so, we still aren't hitting the heights that we can but if we can start playing at our best then I don't see when we couldn't move up a spot.

5. Yeah I'm alright, being stuck in sucks but trying to make the most of the time I have

6. Right now, Cadbury's dark milk buttons (dark chocolate buttons) absolute perfection

43 minutes ago, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

5)  

1 those trades were amazing good job @Spartan and @JigglyGumballs

2 everything 

3 i nearly gave a puch to my teacher.

4 we hope so

5 i'm good thanks for asking

6 i don't really like snacks

Just now, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

1) WOAH TRADES GALORE! What do you think about the recent trades as of late? What kind of statement does it make towards the other teams? I LOVE IT - LESS PRESSURE ON MY PLAYER.  SHOWS OTHER TEAMS WE ARE ALL IN

2) What do you love most about this time of year? The gifts? The gatherings? (Well not anymore cuz fucking rona) Maybe because you get a break from school/work? MOST FACTORIES AND OFFICES CLOSE OR ARE LIMITED FOR 2 WEEKS.  LOTS OF NETFLIX AND VIDEO GAMES

3) I'm assuming none of you guys are children so what's an incident from highschool that you remember? GETTING PULLED OVER ON MY WAY BACK FROM WHITE CASTLE

4) We're currently locked at 5th place in the standings. Will that change by the end of the season? YES - WE WILL BE #1

5) How are you doing as of late? I AM GREAT THANK YOU FOR ASKING

6) What's your favourite snack? CHIPS AND HABANERO SALSA 🔥

On 12/14/2020 at 10:23 AM, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

1. I'm glad to join this team, and I think we have a serious chance at a championship

2. Yeah, the break from school is great. Although I get one week less than Ledge, and he's bragging nonstop about it

3. I mean, high school? Overrated. In grade three, we had a coyote running around our school grounds so we had to go into lockdown and not go outside for recess. I remember me and a couple of my friends grabbing some brooms and sticks and trying to force our way outside to take it on.

4. Hell yes, we're too good for that not to happen

5. Decent. Right now, I'm hungry

6. Anything I can find in my fridge

14/12 - 20/12

1. Love em, we picked up a couple beauties. It shows we will be a force.

2. I love spending time with the fam, eating, drinking, and giving gifts.

3. I remember my buddy beating the shit out of this one kid.

4. I'm hoping it does. I haven't made the playoffs before.

5. I've been doing pretty good, working my ass off, but it will be nice to have the holidays off.

6. I would have to say nachos, or cheese and crackers.                                                                                                                                                                                     

14/12 - 20/12

1.) It's good to see trades. Vegas usually does well making trades, and it's a message to the league that we are gearing up to make a run this season.

2.) Honestly, I love the reactions from my kids when Santa brings what they wished for.  When my son comes down the stairs all wide-eyed and excited, it makes the entire season worth it.

3.) Haha I remember a lot of things.  Not one I was involved with, there was a fight in the main hallway during classes, and someone threw multiple firecrackers into the middle of the fight. School closed for the day. 

4.) I have no clue.

5.) Eh.  I'm alive, I guess. So, could be worse.

6.) I love sweets. I have a hella bad sweet tooth.  Cakes, cupcakes, cookies.  Crazy bad for me.

On 12/14/2020 at 4:23 PM, JigglyGumballs said:

14/12 - 20/12

1) Being so new to the league and the team I haven't picked up too much of the trades. But when teams strengthens the roster before the playoff it's always sending a message that the team is serious about contending

2) The holiday spirit, the time with family and close ones.

3) The staircase poop incident where some seniors dropped poop down the main stairway in the school

4) We'll challenge and take the 4th spot!

5) I'm doing great, but really busy irl with a move of countries and change of career

6) Favourite snack is probably twix