HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 7/1/2020 at 12:52 AM, Berocka said:

Press Conference

Attn: @Quik @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Aye my name jeff

1. Gustav ran away during playoffs create a reason why

His future wife called him for some money, and he thought that she was flirting with him, and went to go get her.

2. The sims have been found out to be rigged, what should be the punishment

Free TPE for all Davos Players

3. What top line would you make if we got to redo sims

I dont know, thats your job berocka.

4. Which expansion team will do the worst next season

All of them ahahahhahaah.

5. Who would you like to see win the cup

I dont "like" to see anybody win the cup, unless its davos.

6. If you were unprotected in expansion which team do you most want to play for.

I most likely will be unprotected, but, Im happy to be with any team!

1. Gustav ran away during playoffs create a reason why

He is in witness protection for talking on the mob and they relocated him to Switzerland. He has been found

2. The sims have been found out to be rigged, what should be the punishment

50 Lashes

3. What top line would you make if we got to redo sims

I'm not really sure.. the best line?

4. Which expansion team will do the worst next season

The North American one

5. Who would you like to see win the cup

Us. I'd like to see me win the cup

6. If you were unprotected in expansion which team do you most want to play for

Whoever wants me the most.

Time for another version of "Gustav is getting lazy and has to slap himself to go do the press conference":

For the week ending the 12th of July!

1. Well, that does it for our season. Let's look ahead--what are your goals for S73?

2. The expansion draft is coming up on us. Looking at our team, who's the very first player you protect?

3. The finals come down to Riga and Calgary! Who wins? Who do you want to win?

4. The VHL comes out tomorrow and announces that all players will be rerolled in the offseason, with every point you've earned now being banked and ready to be applied. Do you change your build at all? What do you do with it?

5. What's one member of the league you'd like to meet in real life? (Obligatory disclaimer: if you are under 18, planning a meetup is not allowed per league policy)

6. Last week, Berocka asked you which expansion team will be the worst next season. I'm slightly more optimistic, so I'm asking you this: which expansion team will be the best next season?

1. Well, that does it for our season. Let's look ahead--what are your goals for S73?

Winning the cup.

2. The expansion draft is coming up on us. Looking at our team, who's the very first player you protect?

Roque Davis

50/50. I don't really care about which team wins, Davos should have been there.

4. The VHL comes out tomorrow and announces that all players will be rerolled in the offseason, with every point you've earned now being banked and ready to be applied. Do you change your build at all? What do you do with it?

Take some TPE off checking and put it to better use. No other changes.

5. What's one member of the league you'd like to meet in real life? (Obligatory disclaimer: if you are under 18, planning a meetup is not allowed per league policy)

There are many I'd like to meet, Ruutu, Victor, eagles. Higgins and Will would be cool to meet too.

6. Last week, Berocka asked you which expansion team will be the worst next season. I'm slightly more optimistic, so I'm asking you this: which expansion team will be the best next season?

LA Stars.

On 7/8/2020 at 12:16 AM, GustavMattias said:

Time for another version of "Gustav is getting lazy and has to slap himself to go do the press conference":

My goal? Get goals. More than 50 points, and have 15+ goals.

Not me, probably either HHH, Ross, JJ, or SS, maybe even Sonnet.

I want riga, and I think riga will win.

4. The VHL comes out tomorrow and announces that all players will be rerolled in the offseason, with every point you've earned now being banked and ready to be applied. Do you change your build at all? What do you do with it? Uhh, im pretty happy with my current build.

5. What's one member of the league you'd like to meet in real life? (Obligatory disclaimer: if you are under 18, planning a meetup is not allowed per league policy) Im under 18, but if I did, probably you Gustav, we do live very close.

6. Last week, Berocka asked you which expansion team will be the worst next season. I'm slightly more optimistic, so I'm asking you this: which expansion team will be the best next season? MY BOY @.sniffuM AND WARSAW!

On 7/8/2020 at 12:16 AM, GustavMattias said:

1. well it will be my first year in the Vhl so I hope to just get a decent amount of points and do ok for myself.

2. I think probably sonnet

3. Riga. I don't really have a preference

4. yes I would change slightly. when I first started I used points on useless stuff.

5. im under 18 so for legal purposes i will not answer this question

6. Im going to be bias and say LA because im the AGM so I have to have some faith.

Make the Playoffs

hmmm Davis.

Calgary, and Calgary - If a euro team wins I want it to be us

I think so. I think I build up to 90 on the primary stats first before working on the secondaries. It's a layover from needing a competitive minors build - the secondaries help and you're limited in amount you can dump.

Beroka. I'd like to grab some beers (not foster)

hmmm Vegas. They are the only one I can remember tbh.

Ideally I would like to win some type of individual award to pad my HoF resume, but I'd gladly settle for a cup run or at least a PPG pace to finish Jaguar's career. Depreciation is going to hit hard(ish) so it may be tough going for Jaguar's final season.

SS Hornet for me. Good young centerman you can build around in the future. Robin Winter is a close second, but C > Winger imho.

3. The finals come down to Riga and Calgary! Who wins? Who do you want to win?

Riga wins and I wanted them to win, so all is right in the world.

I try to duplicate my current build exactly, but depending on the CK levels of Davos wingers, I may leave my checking at 40 or 50 or whatever the default level is.

Surprisingly, probably Beaviss. Even though we play enemies on sim leagues, he's around my age and is into smoking weed, so I think it would be the least awkward to meet up with him, compared to some younger VHLers.

6. Last week, Berocka asked you which expansion team will be the worst next season. I'm slightly more optimistic, so I'm asking you this: which expansion team will be the best next season?

I think the best expansion team will be the one GM'd by Jeff Downey. I can't remember which team that is exactly, but I think he's due for some success after his career with Vancouver so far. 

Play better

Roque Davis

Riga

More points in penalty shots.  I hate shootout losses

Hatter, Gorlab, Gustav or Doom

They're all going to suck equally!

As a new addition to Davos, I hope I can help the team out by being a top scorer and leading the team on a solid playoff run!

Jet Jaguar, he brings tons of leadership and is a real glue guy. 

3. The finals come down to Riga and Calgary! Who wins? Who do you want to win?

I wanted Riga to win as I have a couple of friends there and I'm glad to see that they did!

For the week ending 7/19:

1. A couple rights deals have been put through! The rights to ACL TEAR have gone off to Calgary, while the rights to Samuel Ross have been moved to Helsinki. Do you think they sign with their teams, or do they go to free agency?

2. With the departure of Ross, it looks like Davos (likely) has its first new starting goalie of the Gustav era, as Joakim Bruden currently sits at #1 on the list. How do you think he'll do stats-wise--better, worse, or about the same?

3. This just in, we've made our first big move, with winger Soren Jensen making his way over from New York! ...and also this just in, Charlie Paddywagon has made his way over from Calgary. Are you a fan of these moves? Were they the right ones?

4. How will you do this season, stats-wise, compared to last season?

5. I'm bored! Give me a song to learn on guitar.

6. Does the offseason affect your activity at all? Are you any more or less active when sims aren't being simmed?

@Quik @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Velevra @DMaximus

1. A couple rights deals have been put through! The rights to ACL TEAR have gone off to Calgary, while the rights to Samuel Ross have been moved to Helsinki. Do you think they sign with their teams, or do they go to free agency?

They both sign with their new teams.

2. With the departure of Ross, it looks like Davos (likely) has its first new starting goalie of the Gustav era, as Joakim Bruden currently sits at #1 on the list. How do you think he'll do stats-wise--better, worse, or about the same?

He'll do worse, but eventually in a season or two same or better.

3. This just in, we've made our first big move, with winger Soren Jensen making his way over from New York! ...and also this just in, Charlie Paddywagon has made his way over from Calgary. Are you a fan of these moves? Were they the right ones?

Announcing early that we're gunning for it after a disappointing playoff loss. I like it.

About the same, I don't expect anything massive.

Paint it black - Rolling Stones

6. Does the offseason affect your activity at all? Are you any more or less active when sims aren't being simmed?

I'd say I'm as active as I'm during regular season.

I think they both sign with their teams. I'm assuming Calgary is a team ACL TEAR needs to hit on his every team journey, and I think Helsinki is a good spot for Ross to get full playtime for S73.

2. With the departure of Ross, it looks like Davos (likely) has its first new starting goalie of the Gustav era, as Joakim Bruden currently sits at #1 on the list. How do you think he'll do stats-wise--better, worse, or about the same?

I think he'll do about the same. He won't be the best goalie in the league, but he can backstop a playoff team for sure.

Big fan of the moves. Jensen adds a nice dynamic in the top 6 and I think Paddywagon's vet presence shores up the defence core. Good moves by Gustav GM.

Probably slightly worse, but with the addition of Jensen I think Jaguar can still have a successful season. 90+ points is the target.

The Chosen Ones by Dream Evil

I'm about the same in terms of activity during off-season. I think even more busy because there's no trivia to get, so I need to do some other bullshit for a week. 

I think there is a decent chance they sign with the team that traded for them unless they were already eyeing another team. 

2. With the departure of Ross, it looks like Davos (likely) has its first new starting goalie of the Gustav era, as Joakim Bruden currently sits at #1 on the list. How do you think he'll do stats-wise--better, worse, or about the same?
I think he will do well as the starter and look forward to seeing him embrace the role!

The Paddywagon move seems great, who knows about that Jensen guy though. Hopefully they help the team win the cup!

I'm hoping my friend Jet Jaguar can carry me to a career year this season in his final season. 

I liked playing Knights of Cydonia  on guitar hero, not sure how that translates to real guitar!

I would say my activity probably dips slightly when there are no stats to look at. 

For the week ending 7/26:

1. Which expansion team does the best out of the four this season?

2. Going off of that, which does the worst?

3. Predict what our record will be at the end of the season (we play 72 games in total!)

4. Pick a stat and predict what you'll have for that stat at the end of the season.

5. Who on our team wins an award this season? Which one will it be?

6. I make @Berocka your VHL assistant for a day. What do you make him do for you?

@Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Velevra @DMaximus

Los Angeles Stars

Warsaw Predators

3. Predict what our record will be at the end of the season (we play 72 games in total!)

42-23-7

4. Pick a stat and predict what you'll have for that stat at the end of the season.

Easy, goals and the answer is as high as 2 goals.

Jaguar will be the playoffs MVP.

6. I make @Berocka your VHL assistant for a day. What do you make him do for you?

I will make him do his actual VHL job.

I'd say Warsaw because they seem like the only expansion team who managed to sign a 1k+ tpe player in free agency.

Tough call, I haven't paid too close attention to the expansion team moves, but maybe London, just because it's not really a hockey market.

42 - 20 - 10

I'll pick the GOALS stat and predict I'll have 40 goals this season. Kevin Brooks trophy pls.

Jet Jaguar. Either Szatkowski, Brooks, Slobo, or Campbell. Hopefully all four.

6. I make @Berocka your VHL assistant for a day. What do you make him do for you?

I make him become the SHL simmer so we can have 2am degen hours sim for an entire season. 

I think Warsaw will do alright with Hunter Hearst Helmsley winning them some games.

Chicago seems to be doing the worst currently and they don't seem to have much firepower. 

50 Ws 22 Ls/OTLs. 

I think Soren Jensen will have a 50 goal season!

Jet Jaguar is taking home the MVP in his final season!

6. I make @Berocka your VHL assistant for a day. What do you make him do for you?

Hmm shame it's not real life assistant. Maybe he can do my updating for the week!

For the week ending 8/2:

1. Davos is off to a decent start! Right now, we're fourth in the league, and the top isn't too far away. How do you feel about our chances this season, compared to the last?

2. The team lands in LA for (I think) its longest away-game flight and just wants to go to the hotel. What's the best cheap, quick takeout you can think to order?

3. What does your ideal Davos jersey look like?
4. If we had an alternate or secondary logo, what would it be?

5. NHL hockey is back! Will everything go as planned? What are your predictions for the rest of the season?

6. Yesterday, it was announced that the affiliation the VHL previously had with the SBA has been reinstated! What are your thoughts on the situation as a whole?

@Sonnet @McWolf @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Velevra @DMaximus

1. Davos is off to a decent start! Right now, we're fourth in the league, and the top isn't too far away. How do you feel about our chances this season, compared to the last?

I felt like we had a better chance last season, but after this start we have a great chance. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too much. But I honestly feel like we can win this season.

2. The team lands in LA for (I think) its longest away-game flight and just wants to go to the hotel. What's the best cheap, quick takeout you can think to order?

I don't any places in LA or in USA in general, so I can't really say.

I know there is an existing jersey out there somewhere in deep in the forum. I can somewhat imagine it, but not put into words. Except It's purple and black.

No. Just no. No other logos. We have the best and greatest logo in VHL already. No alternatives needed.

5. NHL hockey is back! Will everything go as planned? What are your predictions for the rest of the season?

Pittsburgh wins the Stanley Cup. That was my prediction before, it still stands.

6. Yesterday, it was announced that the affiliation the VHL previously had with the SBA has been reinstated! What are your thoughts on the situation as a whole?

What? No way! It is a mess. Did SBA (Molholt) change their mind?

I just checked the standings and we've climbed to 2nd in the league. I honestly think we're in as good, or better, position than we were last season. 35% chance of cup win at this point, at least.

I would expect the Davos GM to find a local business to give our support to, in these unprecedented times of COVID-19. So some local food place in LA.

IMO I've always thought Davos mains should be primarily black with purple/white/grey accents, and primarily white with purple/black accents for the away jersey. A primarily purple jersey would be great as a third/retro jersey.

Good question tbh. Maybe some kind of wordmark of 'HCD'? I don't know much about Davos, and we're already using Mountains for the main logo.

I think the NHL will be able to get through the 'playoffs' without issue. IMO Colorado Avalanche wins the cup over the Boston Bruins in 6 games.

I am happy with the resolution. I've been an active member on both SBA and VHL, and think they are two of the best sim leagues out there. Unfortunately, for reasons, I will not be creating on SBA to take advantage of affiliation. 

Cautiously better.

Gimme a bag of cheese burgers

Full of old blood stains from fights

A purple full moon - like the moon in zelda

Toronto will lose to Boston in the playoffs

But why though?

On 7/29/2020 at 4:22 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 8/2:

@Sonnet @McWolf @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Velevra @DMaximus

1) I think Davos a Greta chance this season got good depth on the roster this year 

2) Gotta love the cheap quick subway lol

3) My ideal Davos jersey with be a nice dark purple with silver and white

4) Not the most creative of a guy but I think a cool font of “DD” in some form would look good 

5) I’m the happiest person in the world right now that nhl is back gonna be constantly glued to my couch ??

6) I think it’s Great for the organization as a whole no doubt 

For the week ending 8/9! Time for unmotivated Gustav to get the press conference up before Wednesday or something for once.

1. Joakim Bruden goes missing before a game. Where do you find him?

2. Davos can't stop winning lately--we're #1 in the EU and #2 in the league! Does this mean anything for the long run, or is it just a good phase?

3. The coach puts you in charge of practice for a day. What unique hockey drill do you drag out?

4. How do you feel about your player's production so far this season?

5. You can bring any NHL player into the league as a VHL member. Who do you pick?

6. The blue team offers you a 100-TPE bonus on your next player if you go completely inactive for a full calendar year. Do you take it?

1. Joakim Bruden goes missing before a game. Where do you find him?

I'm no where to be found. Show up days later with no memory of what happened.

2. Davos can't stop winning lately--we're #1 in the EU and #2 in the league! Does this mean anything for the long run, or is it just a good phase?

Just good streak. Have to keep it up.

3. The coach puts you in charge of practice for a day. What unique hockey drill do you drag out?

Suicides! Get that conditioning up.

4. How do you feel about your player's production so far this season?

Overall this season has been ok. Room to improve though.

5. You can bring any NHL player into the league as a VHL member. Who do you pick?

The king. Lundqvist 

6. The blue team offers you a 100-TPE bonus on your next player if you go completely inactive for a full calendar year. Do you take it?

Sure. Just let me hit 700 first.