HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

11 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. What's with all these shootout losses to Riga? What's your theory?

@Sonnet Riga felt bad for Hornet and Winter being buried down the lineup with all the new additions and figured some clutch wins against Davos might force the team to change their lines.

2. Now that we're halfway through the season, do you think I made the right decision in aiming to compete? Why or why not?

Answer is kind of in the 1st question. It was not necessarily a bad decision, I understand the move. But it hasn't gone smoothly so far.

3. What's your in-season diet?

Bolts and oil.

4. How many points will you put up this season?

With the way things are going right now, I guess a 30-30-60 statline isn't out of the realm of possibility. I hoped I'd go ppg, but with the trades and the general xenophobia towards androids in Switzerland, I don't think that's realistic anymore.

5. You get to become the GM of any other team in the league for a day. Which team is it and what do you do with your power?

I'd rebuild Riga properly. Kastelic and Kriketers are gone, Tate and Hackett are entering regression. It's time to start over.

6. Who will be the point leader for Davos come the end of the season?

Season 70 Mike Szatkowski Trophy-winner Jet Jaguar.

I don't know, but at least we get points

2. Now that we're halfway through the season, do you think I made the right decision in aiming to compete? Why or why not?

I think it was the right decision.

Boiled Peanuts

maybe 7, I am second in the league in assists

5. You get to become the GM of any other team in the league for a day. Which team is it and what do you do with your power?

Riga and change their shootout lines so we win

I have no idea, there's lots of good scorers this year.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:23 AM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/14:

1. Quiet! He's watching us... the gman... he's the one making us lose all these games... don't... say... ANYTHING`!

2. Ha ha loss machine go brrrrr

3. Food. :D

4. 50ish, I hope... but looks like another mediocre year for me 

5. New york, they make elmebeck captain in memoriam

6. I have to place my bet on HHH... goalscoring is more consistent 

take the points for now

2. Now that we're halfway through the season, do you think I made the right decision in aiming to compete? Why or why not?

absolutely. I think it’s always a good time to compete because otherwise you can just continuously rebuild. 

hotdogs with my boy Kessler

hoping for 1, we’ll see. 

5. You get to become the GM of any other team in the league for a day. Which team is it and what do you do with your power?

I think I’d do Seattle and change their logo. 

no effing idea. Let’s say acyd 

On 6/9/2020 at 10:23 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/14:

@Quik @Acydburn @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Aye my name jeff

1. We just aren't in the right mind set.

2. Depends on playoffs to be honest, if we can get it together by then we are fine.

3. Pizza, all day every day.

4. I'm aiming for that 50-55 range.

5. I wouldn't do that I know nothing about the league.

6. Maybe Gorlab? Who knows

The ghost of Kriketers continues to power the Reign. We could maybe try some occult rituals to vanquish him?

Yes, I think you did, but I also think bringing HHH onto the team is actually a curse. With the DAV/MOS trade we were on a trajectory for the cup, but after the DAV/VAN/NYA trade the trajectory might be changed.

pizza pops and ramen noodles. Plus peanut butter and jam sandwiches before and after games.

Hoping for 100 but that's probably doubtful. I'd be happy with 90+ I guess.

I become GM of the NY Americans and then claim credit for the future success the team will have. 

Jet Jaguar and definitely not Hunter Hearst Helmsley. 

For the week ending 6/21:

1. It is Thursday night, and unmotivated Gustav is finally getting around to posting the press conference. The team gets to decide on a punishment for my lateness--what should it be?

2. Davos is on a losing streak lately! Which VHL member's effigy does former satanic cult leader @McWolf burn to turn things around?

3. There was some big news this week in the VHL, as the league announced its biggest expansion yet with the introduction of FOUR new teams! What do you think about the new teams in terms of logos, branding, and/or GMs?

4. Jump back a month. The league lets YOU decide on the location and name of one of the expansion teams. Where do you put it and what do you call it?
5. Next week, it will officially be summer (unless you're @Berocka and you live in a fake country). Are you doing anything to celebrate?

6. Will the NHL follow through on their promise and make a return to play this year? If they do, who takes the cup? 

@Quik @Acydburn @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Aye my name jeff

• Commissioner

1. It is Thursday night, and unmotivated Gustav is finally getting around to posting the press conference. The team gets to decide on a punishment for my lateness--what should it be?

Honestly this is outrageous and the only solution I can think of is seeing if there is another team that can post press conferences on time. ?

2. Davos is on a losing streak lately! Which VHL member's effigy does former satanic cult leader McWolf burn to turn things around?

Frankly I don't care who it is as long as we can turn this damn season around. We're stacked, we need some performance from these top players.

3. There was some big news this week in the VHL, as the league announced its biggest expansion yet with the introduction of FOUR new teams! What do you think about the new teams in terms of logos, branding, and/or GMs?

I think the LA GM is a really nice guy and would consider playing there in the future. Their logo is also fire.

4. Jump back a month. The league lets YOU decide on the location and name of one of the expansion teams. Where do you put it and what do you call it?

I'd stick with Los Angeles because the city needs a team! I'd go with the LA Outlaws.

5. Next week, it will officially be summer (unless you're Berocka and you live in a fake country). Are you doing anything to celebrate?

I purchased a new motorcycle so I will be romping around town and entertaining girls with it for the foreseeable future.

6. Will the NHL follow through on their promise and make a return to play this year? If they do, who takes the cup? 

I really hope so, I've been going through a hockey withdrawal and even started playing chel again. I think Tampa or Boston.

19 minutes ago, Acydburn said:

Why you tag me??

Copy-paste is a bitch when you have the attention span of a goldfish.

I'll give you 50% odds I'll remember to take it out next week.

Make Berocka do it, You will no longer have the satisfaction of asking good questions.

2. Davos is on a losing streak lately! Which VHL member's effigy does former satanic cult leader @McWolf burn to turn things around?

I feel like it's appropriate to blame this on HHH, so Beaviss'

Chicago and LA logos are great, but LA logo is straight fire. Love that logo. So clean. London is okay, but imo screams too much English. Moscow logo is bit generic. In terms of branding in general I think the league did fine. I knew Josh and Muffins are GMs so their teams will do fine.

Tough question. I think I would choose Turku, but for team name you have give me more time.
5. Next week, it will officially be summer (unless you're @Berocka and you live in a fake country). Are you doing anything to celebrate?

Midsummer is a big deal in Finland.

Hard to say if they do or do not. If they do, I can't help shake the feeling that Pittsburgh would somehow sneak another Stanley Cup.

50 Lashes, on stream.

Acyd. He brought this curse on us.

Not familiar with them, so I'll go with a conservative don't like em.

Hmm Paris Libertie. I think it would be cool to visit / live in southern France which I would probably do if I was on this team.

Staying indoors and not talking to anyone

Yes kindof. I think it'll start up in October but be just playoffs, which screws up the next season. A fully rested Pittsburgh takes home the cup.

Gustav will be forced to take an aging pill, which accelerates his aging, taking him to his true age of mid-30s/early-40s.

2. Davos is on a losing streak lately! Which VHL member's effigy does former satanic cult leader McWolf burn to turn things around?

Beketov, plain and simple. If you control the sim, you control the destiny of the VHL.

I think the expansion is alright. I think the blues majorly botched the process by hand-picking Beaviss' best pals to be the GMs, and also some of the logos/branding could use some work. I feel like a lot of sim-league resources (boubabi, motza, wasty, etc.) were not even engaged at all, which is a mistake by the blues.

I place the team in Australia and call it the Kangeroos. We have a growing assortment of Aussie VHL members, so why not keep that going with an Oceanic team?

5. Next week, it will officially be summer (unless you're Berocka and you live in a fake country). Are you doing anything to celebrate?

No. When you are old, every day is hell, regardless of season. I will be trying to stay cool and not be a sweat hog.

Yes, they will, and the Colorado Avalanche will be the 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:21 PM, GustavMattias said:

6 hours of eating vegan bacon non stop

2. Davos is on a losing streak lately! Which VHL member's effigy does former satanic cult leader @McWolf burn to turn things around? Shawn Glade, he's behind this I'm sure of it

3. There was some big news this week in the VHL, as the league announced its biggest expansion yet with the introduction of FOUR new teams! What do you think about the new teams in terms of logos, branding, and/or GMs?  It's nice the league is growing, logos aren't bad but I don't know a few of the gms

4. Jump back a month. The league lets YOU decide on the location and name of one of the expansion teams. Where do you put it and what do you call it? Birmingham Alabama and they're the Alabama Getaways
5. Next week, it will officially be summer (unless you're @Berocka and you live in a fake country). Are you doing anything to celebrate? Trying not to melt

6. Will the NHL follow through on their promise and make a return to play this year? If they do, who takes the cup? If they do return, it's not gonna be my lightning.  there's not even hockey and we're losing players

On 6/18/2020 at 9:21 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 6/21:

1. You gotta retire your player.

2. We need to get Victor, revenge will be ours

3. That's awesome! I like it all, great move by the league.

4. Minnesota, obviously, Icicles.

5. Not really, just chilling out.

6. No I don't they will.

For the week ending 6/28:

1. We are just a couple sims away from the end of the season, and the playoff race is a lot closer than we would have liked. Are you concerned? Which team do you think misses--us, Moscow, or Prague?

2. What's been the best part of this season in Davos for you?

3. Going off of that, what's been the worst part? BE HONEST and don't worry about my feelings here.

4. What's a part of the league you aren't very involved with? Would you have any interest in becoming more involved with it?

5. ACL TEAR is here this season, for one season only, on his mission to play for as many teams as possible. Where does he sign next season?

6. The league's picked up a non-hockey-related interest as of late, as many members on many teams have been seen playing chess lately. What's something you do for fun that has nothing to do with hockey? How would you get the league interested in it?

@Quik @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Aye my name jeff

1. We are just a couple sims away from the end of the season, and the playoff race is a lot closer than we would have liked. Are you concerned? Which team do you think misses--us, Moscow, or Prague?

I have faith. We'll make it. Prague misses.

Everything. Being in Davos is the best.

3. Going off of that, what's been the worst part? BE HONEST and don't worry about my feelings here.

The losing. We have lost too many games.

4. What's a part of the league you aren't very involved with? Would you have any interest in becoming more involved with it?

VHLM, VHL Fantasy Zone, not interested.

5. ACL TEAR is here this season, for one season only, on his mission to play for as many teams as possible. Where does he sign next season?

A team he he hasn't played with yet. Or maybe back with us.

6. The league's picked up a non-hockey-related interest as of late, as many members on many teams have been seen playing chess lately. What's something you do for fun that has nothing to do with hockey? How would you get the league interested in it?

Fishing. I doubt I could get anyone interested in it.

I was never concerned. I know it's already been settled as of this press conference, but I would have guess Prague to be the team to miss, and would have been correct.

Overcoming a 14 point deficit to HHH when I was traded from MOS to DAV and then finishing the season with 10+ more points than him. I am the legendary center of this generation, not beaviss.

HHH joining the team to try and leech a cup off of me.

VHLM. I do not care or pay attention to it, unless I'm in it for that ~1 season after creating. No, I have no interest in becoming involved. There is enough GMs/AGMs in the VHLM already.

I'm not sure who's left on his hit list, but I'd assume he's going to go play in DC or Prague next. Probably DC, if he hasn't played there already.

I smoke marijuana for fun. I don't think it's my place to persuade people to partake in a mind-altering substance, but there are a few VHL members who enjoy using marijuna to relax. I think if you are 25+ years old, it's something you should experiment with. 

Why not Both?

Seeing the locker room be more active.

my guy blowing goats and sucking out loud

I need to get back to writing more articles, I just don't have the gumption right now

Expansion team!

Boil Peanuts.  Once the league gets a taste of my juicy, salty peanuts they will love it.  Come get my nuts!

• Commissioner

I'd think Moscow misses but really it could go either way. I'm not sure we'd see either of them so it's not a huge deal.

Seeing the GM buy to support this team making a push, it improved morale a lot knowing that there was confidence in this team.

My production left a lot to be desired. I need to do a better job putting the puck in the net.

That's pretty tough because I inject myself in everything even when it's not wanted. 

Once he leaves the dressing room I really don't care, until this season is over he's a David.

I know a few people in the league are musically inclined, my interest is playing guitar. Could put a little jam session together to gain some interest.

Is all 3 an option?

Hanging out on the bench with the D

Trading away Acyd. I liked having him around

Honestly, most parts. I find I'm pretty quiet here and just silently go about my business. 

One of those new teams

6. The league's picked up a non-hockey-related interest as of late, as many members on many teams have been seen playing chess lately. What's something you do for fun that has nothing to do with hockey? How would you get the league interested in it?

Drinking, mostly. I guess just give them some?

Press Conference

Attn: @Quik @ColeMrtz @Frank @Sonnet @McWolf @Alex Bridges @David O'Quinn @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @PadStack @gorlab @Aye my name jeff

1. Gustav ran away during playoffs create a reason why

2. The sims have been found out to be rigged, what should be the punishment

3. What top line would you make if we got to redo sims

4. Which expansion team will do the worst next season

5. Who would you like to see win the cup

6. If you were unprotected in expansion which team do you most want to play for

He must have known how it ends before hand... And now it falls on you, fake GM :P

They lose their job and we redo sims.

Garcia - HHH - TEAR

Warsaw

Davos, obviously!

Davos. There is no other team I'm willing to play for.

He had to go to mexico for elective surgery. 

Beketov is doxxed and we use the VHL bank account to hire some police to administer some police brutality on him.

Any LWer besides HHH - Jaguar - Any RWer besides HHH

Probably London Knights.. or Royals... or whatever their name is. I don't see ice hockey having much of a following in England. 

Moscow Menace or New York Americans. I was rooting for Toronto as well, but they came up short against Calgary in game 7. 

Wouldn't care, I'll play for whichever team that gives me a chance to either compete for a final cup or stat pad.