Park Draft Q&A

leafssteen

Welcome to our Q&A with VHL draftee Clayton Park!

How are you feeling about the upcoming VHL draft?

There’s been so much hype and projection so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. I am very excited to get drafted to a VHL organization and start my professional hockey career! 

Do you have any family or friends joining you on draft day?

Yes my mother and father will be there as well as my one year son, Clayton Park Jr. Also my good friend Hans Gruber will be there waiting for his name to be called!

At what point in the draft do you think you will be drafted? As well what is your draft projection for your friend @TheFlash Hans Gruber?

I think I will drafted late in the 2nd round or early in the 3rd round. If I’m being completely honest I believe there is only one goalie better then me in the draft and that is Owen May. Hopefully teams don’t wait to long to draft me as they might miss their opportunity! In regards to Hans Gruber I think he will be drafted mid to late in the 2nd round of the draft. He is a very talented hockey player with a very high hockey IQ.

Have many teams contacted you prior to the draft and how did it go?

I have been contacted by a few VHL GM’s expressing interest and I feel the talks went really well. I am confident that a team looking for an elite goaltender prospect will draft me without hesitation. 

Lastly, tell VHL GM’s what you bring to the table and why they should draft you.

You should draft me because I am well on my way to being an elite VHL goaltender. I play hard every night and quit is not in my vocabulary! Last season, I had a 0.894 save percentage, a goals against average of 2.99 and picked up 3 shutouts. I did all this with a team that was weak defensively and I faced a total of 2010 shots with a average of 28 shots per game. If you want a goalie who is going to be your future between the pipes, I’m your guy! Draft me and let’s win a championship together!

Edited by leafssteen