Stepping down from Davos GM

ShawnGlade

Just now, Enorama said:

If it was two drafts in a row and he didn't send Jagger or a list in his place, then yes, I would.

If he did it once, I would say it as a joke, like I did with you, but two is too many when you're in the middle of a rebuild.

This is the last time I’ll quote you in here, because I have a whole nother thread to go. 

only one occurred when I was in the middle of a rebuild, the other was when I was competing. I’ve explained to you time and time again that I was busy during both drafts but I was outnumbered when it came to availability. And I’m saying this for the 10th time to you, I don’t like lists

28 minutes ago, Enorama said:

tbh the toxicity is just Bana and Bush going off on each other. Shawn wasn't even really getting chirped until he BPAed this draft.

And yeah I'm obviously in no place to tell him what to do, nor am I judging him for doing it. But I'm comfortable saying that it is objectively better for all of Shawn, the league, and especially Davos the franchise itself if Shawn either drafts himself, with a list, appoints someone to draft for him, or steps down due to lack of time.

25 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

Yeah, this is it right here.

As two members who  have really never been on the wrong side of the VHL BOD, I'm going to remind you both that your experiences are not the only ones  that happen on this site. In the end some of us will never subscribe to your way of  thinking, and your opinions  even if they are the popular ones are not law.

so please don't try to tell Shawn what is best for him, or pretend that you all knowingly know that all this is for the best because you have absolutely no right to do so.

• Admin

As Devise alluded to, think you've been unlucky to be busy in an era with a lot of really good GMs. 10 seasons ago we'd have just been happy to have a willing GM but these days any missteps stick out like a sore thumb.

You were also unlucky with the drafts you built around and the constant expansions, but still think when you tried to compete you could realistically have expected to win the cup. That said, this rebuild I fully believe Davos needs a fresh face, not even necessarily because you are the old face, just in general.

Things were never as bad as people meme'd they were during my time on Davos. Winning a cup probably would have been more lucky than unlucky, but overall, I thought we had some unlucky results, and us (as well as NY) were the two teams hit hardest by expansion.

30 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

As two members who  have really never been on the wrong side of the VHL BOD

I squawk at em all the time, and lately I've been riding their asses harder for dragging their feet on certain things, so I doubt I'm an angel in their eyes.

31 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

so please don't try to tell Shawn what is best for him, or pretend that you all knowingly know that all this is for the best because you have absolutely no right to do so.

Nothing all-knowing about it, just airing my opinion. I think he'd have been better off stepping down on his own terms about a season ago because he's been dragged through the dirt since then for being "inactive". 

Again, not preaching this as gospel. I obviously don't know everything, but I think I know enough to have a valid opinion.

9 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

Incidentally, that same statement applies to you as well.

I'm not the one going around telling an upset member how to feel when they were forced out a position that they still wanted to be in. I don't think my opinion is law but when I see someone who I know is going to be going up against popular opinion I am not going to let they just stand there alone and go against the crowd.  I respect the amount of courage it takes to speak out against those who  are in positions of power and will always be there to support the people who have done the same for me.

We are always on different sides Sonnet and that is not a bad thing, but do try to refrain from flipping my own phrases back at me as if you think that i believe I am an exception to my own logic.

6 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

I'm not telling anyone how to feel- I haven't really said anything in this thread other than that I agreed with what Eno said. I'm not really sure what you're talking about, here. You're just sorta attacking me head-on when I haven't really said or done much of anything.

I'm only saying that phrase applies to you in the sense that, like myself, your opinions are also not the only ones on this site. We don't have to agree, but you also don't have to come onto me like this with grandstanding claims of "standing up to people in power" and "challenging those who think their opinion is law."

All I did was say I agree with Eno, please scale things back a bit. It's fine that you don't agree, we can just leave it there and let things carry on.

I think you read my every message as an attack at whoever I am writing It to. You talk to me like you are a hostage negotiator, tiptoeing around and preaching deescalation when I like yourself  have just been stating my opinions.

You have always had a gift at rephrasing what people have said and bending it to support your arguments.  So don't try to twist my words,  It is true that I respect Shawn for speaking out  when i know it will be against what the admins and BOG would probably like. On this matter there are only probably 2 opinions that actually matter and they are Shawn's and Whoever forced him out. The rest of us are just noise or here for support one way or the other.

3 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

I think you read my every message as an attack at whoever I am writing It to. You talk to me like you are a hostage negotiator, tiptoeing around and preaching deescalation when I like yourself  have just been stating my opinions.

You have always had a gift at rephrasing what people have said and bending it to support your arguments.  So don't try to twist my words,  It is true that I respect Shawn for speaking out  when i know it will be against what the admins and BOG would probably like. On this matter there are only probably 2 opinions that actually matter and they are Shawn's and Whoever forced him out. The rest of us are just noise or here for support one way or the other.

You do realize that "the BOG" and "the admins" are individual people who often don't agree on everything, right?

1 minute ago, flyersfan1453 said:

You do realize that "the BOG" and "the admins" are individual people who often don't agree on everything, right?

I actually did know that, but thanks for the reminder ..

Just now, Sonnet said:

Should've done this sooner but I get that we're beyond reasonable discussion here. Happy Saturday!

I disagree of course, and see nothing wrong with a good debate but we were never going to have the same opinion on what a "reasonable discussion" entails. So I guess Happy Saturday to you as well.

1 minute ago, Peace said:

I’d much rather just eat Pizza.

Yeah I was always the same and still am but there is this one place with a wood fired oven that makes the most killer calzones and I’m currently sitting at the bar

Edited by Bushito