Weekly TPE Cap Changes

Quik

Hey everyone,

So, I'm guessing the title of this announcement has probably got you wondering what the hell I'm talking about with weekly TPE Cap changes. It's nothing as radical as it sounds, just some minor alterations to how things work, going into effect on Monday, August 10th.

As you may recall, last year we implemented a cap of 6 TPE on secondary PTs. This will remain in effect, however, the total Weekly TPE Cap will now be based 100% on the Primary PT that is completed. In essence, while the Cap will begin at 12, it will be adjusted down to 10, or 11, if you claim VHL Welfare or VHL Pension, respectively.

The portal will automatically handle any adjustments on overall Cap, whereby claiming welfare or pension will automatically lower your potential claims for the week. If you have already claimed secondary TPE, before claiming welfare/pension, the portal will adjust the welfare/pension claim to meet the correct Cap for that week.

Weekly TPE Cap Deciders:

12 TPE Cap: Media Spot, Graphic, Podcast, Affiliate Welfare, Job Pay (6+)

11 TPE Cap: VHL Pension Plan

10 TPE Cap: VHL Welfare Plan

As part of the changes, anyone may now claim welfare/pension in any given week, including those with a PT-replacing Job (with the exception of VSN, as their pay is considered a PT+job pay), but will be subject to the limits of a lowered weekly Cap.

@Members

@Commissioner

7 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

While I understand the spirit, seems a bit needlessly complicated?

While the announcement was a bit wordy, this is actually less complicated than the current format, and basically all that needs to be remembered is:

Welfare Claim (4) = 10 TPE Cap/wk

Pension Claim (5) = 11 TPE Cap/wk

2 minutes ago, twists said:

So the only thing that changed is the cap for pension players?

Nothing has really changed for pension players, except that a job will not allow them to hit 12 anymore.

Makes sense. Maybe a bit sticky and complicated but it serves the purpose it intends to on limiting the skill of those who don’t put in the work. 

Hopefully the updaters are on this. 

• Commissioner
34 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

While I understand the spirit, seems a bit needlessly complicated?

It’s kinda loophole closure. Technically someone could claim pension and a couple of jobs and get the cap while, by our own rules, someone claiming pension and just secondary stuff couldn’t. It was also a bit complicated in regards to 6+ TPE jobs vs. A few smaller jobs.

Basically it’s very minor and more or less just enforced rules we’ve had for awhile but in a slightly different manner. It also helps us fix the issue of pension being only 1 TPE more than a PT. It’s still not that it’s a lot but the lower cap means you lose out a bit more taking pension than a PT without crippling pension players.

5 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Hopefully the updaters are on this. 

For the most part, nothing will change for them. The portal won't allow people to claim more than whatever their cap is. If they claim welfare/pension first, it automatically lowers from 12. If they claim other stuff first, the welfare/pension claim is adjusted down, if needed, to make sure they don't exceed the cap.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

It’s kinda loophole closure. Technically someone could claim pension and a couple of jobs and get the cap while, by our own rules, someone claiming pension and just secondary stuff couldn’t. It was also a bit complicated in regards to 6+ TPE jobs vs. A few smaller jobs.

Basically it’s very minor and more or less just enforced rules we’ve had for awhile but in a slightly different manner. It also helps us fix the issue of pension being only 1 TPE more than a PT. It’s still not that it’s a lot but the lower cap means you lose out a bit more taking pension than a PT without crippling pension players.

Didn't we create said loophole last year and call it the Josh exception or something?

Yeah it seems more complicated than it is. Part of that is due to how the portal automatically handles Welfare now, so even if you don't start claiming welfare it'll cut you off to earn what you should make with the changed capped welfare. For users it won't really mean much to changes other than losing a TPE no matter how hard they try if they claim welfare. In the rulebook though I can totally see how it seems needlessly complex. Sadly closing loopholes (even if done easily via automation) sometimes requires wordy rules to explain what is happening. 

Slightly different wording:

The cap used to be a PT (6-point task or welfare) plus 6 TPE outside of your PT. Job pay didn't count as part of this "other 6," meaning that anyone being paid 2 TPE or more per week could still earn the full cap with a welfare claim.

Now, that last bit has been removed. It's 6 TPE outside of your PT, job pay included.

2 hours ago, Spade18 said:

I AM OUTRAGED AT THE SLANDER AND SEGREGATION BEING FORCED UPON US WELFARE AND PENSIONS PLAYERS.  DO WE NOT DESERVE THE SAyea no this is fine.

Say that to my face in Ottawa 

2 hours ago, Spade18 said:

I AM OUTRAGED AT THE SLANDER AND SEGREGATION BEING FORCED UPON US WELFARE AND PENSIONS PLAYERS.  DO WE NOT DESERVE THE SAyea no this is fine.

Who tf are you?

On 8/7/2020 at 11:56 AM, Spade18 said:

As soon as your country starts letting people from my country back in.  its mutha fucking on.

Ohmgomgogmgogmgogmgoogmgggogmgomgomgg spade omgogmgogmgogmgogmgogmggomgogmgogmgogmg

• Commissioner
On 8/6/2020 at 2:15 PM, Enorama said:

Didn't we create said loophole last year and call it the Josh exception or something?

Yeah but now that I don't need it we can get rid of it. Kidding... it's for portal stuffs.