S75 Offseason Announcement (GM Hirings, Rule Changes)!!!

Acydburn

• Commissioner

Congratulations to Dmax and the Philadelphia Reapers for winning the S75 Founders cup. 

With the season now officially over we have a few announcements to make!

I want to personally thank @InstantRockstar for being a VHLM GM for 10 seasons and being San Diego's first (and only) GM. He was always dedicated to his team and always stuck up for his players. He will be missed as a GM.

So to announce the new San Diego Marlins General Manager

Spoiler

I also wanted to thank @ColeMrtz for the time he’s spent being the GM of the Mississauga Hounds and respect his decision to move on from the team. With that being said please welcome

Spoiler

as the new GM of the Mississauga Hounds

One minor announcement to the rules in the VHLM. Starting season 76 the requirements for juniors has changed. Juniors will be enabled when 3/4ths of the league has a max roster size of 9-6-1.

This is a dream come true, I’m very thankful to be given this opportunity. I would like to shout out @MexicanCow123for allowing me to have another chance at AGMing and having my back in general, you’ve been an amazing friend and I’ve enjoyed all the time we’ve spent together. 
 @Ricer13 who recruited me to Yukon and taught me the ropes of the vhl. It was an amazing experience in Miami and I’m so glad we were able to win a cup together before I moved on. I’ll never forget my time in Miami or in Yukon.

And finally a big thanks to the league for letting me have a shot at GMing I promise you won’t regret it.

Just now, Zetterberg said:

This is a dream come true, I’m very thankful to be given this opportunity. I would like to shout out @MexicanCow123for allowing me to have another chance at AGMing and having my back in general, you’ve been an amazing friend and I’ve enjoyed all the time we’ve spent together. 
 @Ricer13 who recruited me to Yukon and taught me the ropes of the vhl. It was an amazing experience in Miami and I’m so glad we were able to win a cup together before I moved on. I’ll never forget my time in Miami or in Yukon.

And finally a big thanks to the league for letting me have a shot at GMing I promise you won’t regret it.

Love you Z. You're going to absolutely kill it. Go make me proud son.

58 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Woo hoo @Zetterberg. Kind of funny if I remember correctly. 

Grats grats grats 

You do remember correctly, and there was at least one hiring where I've passed over him due to the thing you remember, but the guy's been good since and we've decided to give him another shot - the fact that when the two openings came up, he specifically requested MIS to fix things, speaks a lot to his character now and I'm confident it'll work out.

31 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

You are going to kill it buddy! Looking forward to seeing what you’re made of!!! 

7 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

You do remember correctly, and there was at least one hiring where I've passed over him due to the thing you remember, but the guy's been good since and we've decided to give him another shot - the fact that when the two openings came up, he specifically requested MIS to fix things, speaks a lot to his character now and I'm confident it'll work out.

I wasn’t saying anything negative, lol... I’ve always stood by Zetterberg as a member of Seattle, an AGM at the time and even afterwards as a member. In fact, Zetterberg and I have a very great talk when it was happening. 

My comment was it’s funny how things work.. circle of life.. what comes around goes around kinda thing. 

8 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I wasn’t saying anything negative, lol... I’ve always stood by Zetterberg as a member of Seattle, an AGM at the time and even afterwards as a member. In fact, Zetterberg and I have a very great talk when it was happening. 

My comment was it’s funny how things work.. circle of life.. what comes around goes around kinda thing. 

No I figured you weren't - honestly while it was a reply to you, the comment was more 1. general and 2. a bit of a peace of mind thing toward anyone who did remember the negatives in the past. I'll be the first to admit I specifically stood in the way of him being hired at least once (during the Sonnet era I remember an instance) but he's more than made up for it.

1 minute ago, diamond_ace said:

No I figured you weren't - honestly while it was a reply to you, the comment was more 1. general and 2. a bit of a peace of mind thing toward anyone who did remember the negatives in the past. I'll be the first to admit I specifically stood in the way of him being hired at least once (during the Sonnet era I remember an instance) but he's more than made up for it.

100%. You’ve done good! Excited to see what he brings to the table :) 

I'd like to thank everyone who thought that I was a good decision for this position, it's incredible. If you would have told me 3 months ago when I came into this league that I would be the GM of a team by now I would have asked you, "what's TPE?" I'm very excited for this opportunity and I am looking forward to many seasons of success and good times in San Diego!

I'd like to reflect @Zetterberg's appreciation of @Ricer13 as well. While there are SO MANY wonderful people in this league, Ricer has been a solid dude and super supportive. I am looking forward to working with my fellow VHLM GM's and learning and growing!

5 minutes ago, thadthrasher said:

3 months ago when I came into this league that I would be the GM of a team by now I would have asked you, "what's TPE?"

Thats so accurate 😂

Absolute congratulations to my main man @thadthrasherwho rose to the top quickly and is absolutely deserving of the VHLM GM position. You scare me, but my fear for you holds a lot of respect.

Also big congrats to YUKON RUSH LEGEND ALUMNI @Zetterberg, you're a Red Wings fan and a Yukon Rush alumni so you would always get my vote 😍

Congrats @thadthrasher and @Zetterberg@tcookie too !! Very well deserved !! Your consistent and dedication to this community deffintely isn't going unnoticed !! So proud to have two good Pals getting an Amazing promotion so happy for one of my first true friends on Discord and in the VHL and probably one of the closest users I have gotten with in my early career, As rival AGMs we were forced to stop talking as much due to CoC and tampering , but much much love for zetty ! And Thad I know I don't know you very well and we haven't had any interactions but your WJHC application was Top 3 content without a doubt that Ive seen since joining VHL only 11 months ago, You're content is ALWAYS a treat to read and you've without a doubt made this league a better place and continue to do so and this opportunity only allows for you to thrive and shine more, can't wait for what's to come in San Diego now during the Thad Era , Obviously going to be alot different since the Marlins only knew @InstantRockstar. And speaking of making the community a better place , look no further than Zetttys instant hire as AGM in @tcookie his weekly reviews and content you would NEVER know this is a 1st gen ! Sorry for the Novel I'll stop now lol Congrats Guys !!!