S75 Philadelphia Reapers – The greatest VHLM team of all-time

DMaximus

S75 Philadelphia Reapers – The greatest VHLM team of all-time

The history books will forever show that the Philadelphia Reapers won the S75 Founder’s Cup. Kids will act out Tom Eagles amazing end to end rush to score the Cup winning overtime goal. Fans will long tell the heroics of goaltender Jacob Carson, who’s .921 save % is the best performance in the playoffs in more than 10 seasons. Or they’ll talk about the perseverance of long-term Reapers like captain Darius Marimoto or assistant captains Carson Walkers and Jacob Carson.

There are other feats by the team which will enter the record books. Like franchise records for most goals in a season (304), most assists in a season (548), most shots in a season (2,641). Some may even applaud the franchise record for most penalty minutes in a season (943).

All of those things are great, but lots of teams have won championships and lots of teams set franchise records. The reason I think this Reaper team is the greatest team in the history of the VHLM is because winning is great and all, but the VHLM has other goals, like introducing players to the league, keeping players active, and earning TPE. The Reapers kept a full roster of 22 players for the entire season. We only had to release 1 player due to inactivity during the season. That’s a feat during any season, much less during a season with 22 players on the roster. That really speaks volumes to the fantastic players who recently joined this league. I’m glad the VHLM was able to provide such an exciting season for everyone and keep so many people engaged and active this season. I also think it demonstrates how cohesive this Reaper team was. Everyone stuck together as a team and encouraged each other to be successful.

During the season, this Reaper team earned more TPE than any other team in the history of the league. Check out these TPE totals.

Starting TPE

Ending TPE

TPE Earned

Drafted Players

Isau DaMoose

Addison McLaren

Robert Bouchard

Jivere Zolnek

Caitlyn Catowize

Tom Eagles

Robin Galante Nilsson

Jolly Greene Giant

Pekko Viitanen

Bob Tristan

Kjell Nilsson

Sportsboy57

Blim Blam McFluble

Alex Zverina

Wavier signees

Barry Taffe

Rusty Knale

Asher Reinhart

Already on team

Thomas King

Jacob Carson

Darius Marimoto

Carson Walkers

Traded For

Gustav Hjalmarsson

Ending TPE

TPE Earned

Totals

This team earned 2,351 TPE during the season! That is an unbelievable amount. The total ending TPE of 5,508 is also amazing and is more than some VHL teams. I’m blown away by how committed the entire team was to improving themselves and winning it all.

Add all these things together: the fact they won the championship in a super competitive year with the greatest number of active players in the history of the league, maintaining a full roster with 22 active players for an entire season, and earning the most TPE in a season for any team ever. The result is you have the greatest VHLM team of all-time, the S75 Philadelphia Reapers.

Tagging the whole team:

@Eynhallow  @tcookie @Gaikoku-hito @Sixersfan594 @CrazyCaityCat @Greg_Di @RomanesEuntDomus @DoktorFunk @N0HBDY@Xdjk93 @glass @Sportsboy57 @Nicolai488 @Catter98 @Barry @HatrickRoy @rjfryman @Duddy @jacobcarson877 @dariusmarimotoman @Cwalker @McLovin

Thank you all so much for your hard work and dedication. You deserve all the accolades and joy that comes with winning the cup and being part of the greatest team. Good luck to everyone and remember, once a Reaper always a Reaper. Love you all!

I want to add a thank you to everyone who helped pull this team together, especially @Spence King and @dariusmarimotoman! We wouldn't have this cup without your help. Thank you!

Edited by DMaximus

What an awesome experience it was to win a championship with this amazing team. Everyone worked so hard throughout the whole season and we got what we earned in the end! Even though I'm off to Warsaw now, I'll always be a Reaper :)

Review: I have to say when it comes to Media Spots or any sort of writing Dmax you always bring the heat. You included thorough in-depth stats of your players from where they started to where they ended as Reapers. Back when I was a Reaper I was proud to play for a guy like you and I couldn't be happier (any squad besides MEX) won the VHLM championship! Again, this was a great read and I always look forward to what you have to say in this community! 10/10!