The one about Simming

Quik

4 minutes ago, Advantage said:

This has been on the books for a long time...this was just the first time we saw a significant amount of vocal league wide support for it.

For real, this though. It was brought up in BoG a few times that this was not the first time we had this conversation. I don't recall the exact season, but when we moved to Playoff Livesims for the VHL to avoid potential conflicts of interest (I switched to live simming mid playoffs as GM of Toronto) the conversation did switch to if we should be live simming regular season, and VHLM for transparency reasons was brought up. At the time, the majority of the BoG/behind the scenes folks felt it was too much of a tack on that that adding simply to the VHL addressed the conflicts. 

Over the seasons since then, more and more people have expressed interest in seeing it switch to live sims all the time, including Gorlab himself. To suggest that this idea would only be taken over the edge because of causing league drama is super dismissive of the open channels that do exist, and have proven to exist evidenced by other league changes coming from community feedback. Us initiating this change despite the drama also shows that we aren't willing to let individual members hold league interests hostage. This change isn't about anyone looking right, or wrong, it's about what the league wanted to see done. 

why can't the BoG ever accept that sometimes people outside the BoG give good ideas

"gorlab didn't invent this idea, we invented it 5 years ago but never implemented it until someone raised concern" lmfao

3 minutes ago, rory said:

why can't the BoG ever accept that sometimes people outside the BoG give good ideas

Us: We just want to indicate that the league gave us some good ideas on this seasons ago and we totally ignored it and it festered and created unnecessary league drama so we want to rectify this issue so there isn't any unnecessary league drama. 

You: WHY DOESN'T THE BOG EVER TALK ABOUT OUR IDEAS?! 

Seriously. Show me where in any of our posts we indicate that we are taking "credit" for any idea here? ADV's distinction isn't about removing credit from the many in the league who not only advocated for this change recently, but for seasons. They clearly saw that this transparency issue would come up again and be worthy of change, guess what...it was. We agree! ADV's distinction is about the rigging accusations and the notion that any of this was a response to that. We were discussing the leagues ideas on this problem long before that thread drama, is the point. 

47 minutes ago, rory said:

"gorlab didn't invent this idea, we invented it 5 years ago but never implemented it until someone raised concern" lmfao

I literally just said that the leagues overwhelming support made the BOG and blue team listen.  

Me saying this was an idea 5 years ago doesn't reduce that since when we talked about it five years ago it was also due to community discussion.

So no Gorlab didn't invent the idea, but yes I agree that he played a part in a widespread community agreement that this change needed to happen.

As for your first point there isn't one member of the BOG or Blue that wouldn't admit a lot of good ideas start from outside the group.  We will discuss and often expand on them but thats a very ill-informed opinion if thats actually how you see those two groups.

Edited by Advantage

50 minutes ago, rory said:

This is possibly the stupidest interpretation of the announcement that could possibly have come out of the announcement. Are you intentionally missing the point? Literally nobody from Blue or BoG said it was their idea originally. This was a topic of conversation that dated back as far as the mid 40s and has apparently been brought up numerous times since. Trying to turn this into a weird BoG flex they were in no way making is incredibly dishonest.

1 hour ago, gregreg said:

Whatever you have to tell yourself 

It's a good change for the league and brings more transparency to the process and eliminates the hassle that Bek received from happening further.  There was also a crazy amount of support from dozens of members so it wasn't just one "baby."

That's what I tell myself.  

But hey I know what you are saying.

56 minutes ago, rory said:

Not necessarily what I feel is happening. I will keep this short to prevent controversy from further expanding.

I dont feel as if they are taking credit, nowhere have they said that. I feel if it is more as if they are saying "We understand this issue and we have thought about it before. Gorlab didn't think of it, but he brought it back to the surface."

I feel as if it's more about the fact that it had already been in the question, rather than them taking credit.

Please, anybody, correct me if I'm wrong.

• Quik unfeatured this topic