Answer 3, Ask 3

McWolf

On 5/6/2024 at 12:53 AM, scoop said:

1. How did you come up with your player's name?

2. What career or single season VHL record do you think has the greatest chance of being broken?

3. What is your favorite snack?

1. One of the first NHL video games I played was NHL 2001 on PC. When creating a player, the name options were limited, so I chose what was close. It's a funny thing to remember a detail like that, but it's always stuck with me.

2. I would have to say short handed goals. It seems doable to score more than 5 in a season.

3. I love just taking a handful of salted peanuts at random times in the day. It is quick and hits just the right spot when I need it.

Questions

1. Does your player's build match with the goal you had when you first created?

2. What off-season tournament are you most excited about?

3. If you had to substitute water for another non-alcoholic drink that you would need to survive, what would you choose?

1 hour ago, mmrs617 said:

Questions

1. Does your player's build match with the goal you had when you first created?

2. What off-season tournament are you most excited about?

3. If you had to substitute water for another non-alcoholic drink that you would need to survive, what would you choose?

1) Yup, it's pretty much what I was going for.

2) To be completely honest, I'm probably not going to be pay much attention to any of them. For me I appreciate the couple weeks of down time, especially with the disappointing ways the last two seasons have ended. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to have stuff going on throughout the off-season to keep people engaged, just for me the odd break is nice too!

3) I drink a ton of iced tea so that would work for me lol.

---

1) Is there anything in particular your player needs to work on over the off-season?

2) Who do you think will be the first overall pick in the S94 VHL draft?

3) Who do you think is going to win the Stanley Cup this season?

On 5/9/2024 at 12:44 AM, tcookie said:

1) Yup, it's pretty much what I was going for.

2) To be completely honest, I'm probably not going to be pay much attention to any of them. For me I appreciate the couple weeks of down time, especially with the disappointing ways the last two seasons have ended. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to have stuff going on throughout the off-season to keep people engaged, just for me the odd break is nice too!

3) I drink a ton of iced tea so that would work for me lol.

---

1) Is there anything in particular your player needs to work on over the off-season?

2) Who do you think will be the first overall pick in the S94 VHL draft?

3) Who do you think is going to win the Stanley Cup this season?

1. Maybe physical play to better prepare for playoff hockey.

2. My guess is Goncalves, but there's some really good defenders available too.

3. My guess is Florida at the moment.

1. What is your least favourite NHL team?

2. Who is your favourite pro sports team outside of the NHL?

3. If you could compare your VHL player to any NHL player, past or present, who would it be?

On 5/11/2024 at 11:59 AM, Patrik Tallinder said:

1. What is your least favourite NHL team?

2. Who is your favourite pro sports team outside of the NHL?

3. If you could compare your VHL player to any NHL player, past or present, who would it be?

1. Easily the Pittsburgh Penguins. I can't stand them. 

2. The Dallas Cowboys of the NFL.

3. YaBoi Oven is a monstrosity at 6'8, 250 lbs, but has been more known for offense than physical play. Maybe a super-sized Brian Leetch?

1. Did you do anything special for your mom for Mother's Day?

2. What's your favorite breakfast food?

3. Your all-time favorite call in any sport?

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Doomsday said:

1. Did you do anything special for your mom for Mother's Day?

Not really for my mom since she's in a different city and also her mother's funeral was 2 days before so oof, kinda a rough year for her. For the wife though we went out for breakfast and I made some steak for supper; plus I roped the kids into helping me hide her gifts around the house for her to find so that was fun.

2. What's your favorite breakfast food?

I am a simple man, gimme pancakes and I am a happy boi.

3. Your all-time favorite call in any sport?

This is gonna sound nerdy as hell but does Pro Wrestling count as a sport even if it's all pre-determined? Because if so then good 'ole JR is full of them with the top ones being "Climb the ladder kid, make yourself famous!" and "As God as my witness he is broken in half". Kudos points to whomever can name the matches. If we aren't going to count wrestling though the best call of all time IMO is "And after 22 years... Raymond Bourque!" when he avs won in 2001 and Sakic immediately handed off the cup. Chills every time. 

-----------------

1. Are you surprised to see a Seattle Continental Cup victory?

2. Way too early prediction, who wins in S94?

3. Pineapple on Pizza, yay or nay?

1. Psh, surprised that a team coached and led by Bana won? Come on now. I wasn't born yesterday. The guy's a known winner.

2. Chicago, of course! Why would anybody else? 😛

3. I'm personally a nay, but I can see the appeal of having pineapple on pizza. It may not work for me but I'm not going to go out of my way to stop others from enjoying it if that's their thing.

-----

1. If you're a student/currently without employment, what job would you enjoy working in? If you're currently employed, are you in the job you want to stay in long-term, or do you have different aspirations?

2. Who's the best remaining team in the NHL playoffs? And if you think they're the best -- are they also the same team who's most likely to win the Cup?

3. If you had the option, would you want VHL seasons to be longer or shorter (in duration or number of games)? Why?

25 minutes ago, Renomitsu said:

1. Psh, surprised that a team coached and led by Bana won? Come on now. I wasn't born yesterday. The guy's a known winner.

2. Chicago, of course! Why would anybody else? 😛

3. I'm personally a nay, but I can see the appeal of having pineapple on pizza. It may not work for me but I'm not going to go out of my way to stop others from enjoying it if that's their thing.

-----

1. If you're a student/currently without employment, what job would you enjoy working in? If you're currently employed, are you in the job you want to stay in long-term, or do you have different aspirations?

2. Who's the best remaining team in the NHL playoffs? And if you think they're the best -- are they also the same team who's most likely to win the Cup?

3. If you had the option, would you want VHL seasons to be longer or shorter (in duration or number of games)? Why?

Hi Renooooo

1. Absolutely not interested in staying with what I’m doing.  Hoping to branch out and do something a little more lucrative some day.  For now…it pays the bills.  

2. I like the Panthers myself at this point. Not sure if they are the favourite but I think they are one of them. 

3. I like the length but I wouldn’t hate an 82 game seasons.  I like the overall length tho of the season.  Games need to be every day. 

—-

1. I’ve been debating my next player recently and am wondering, what position do you think you’ll make next?

2. Wife and I have been looking at cruises recently as a little baby moon.  What place would you like to visit most in the world?

3. I’ve been in this league a long time and seen a ton of changes that have helped the league grow into what it is today. What change would you implement, if given the power to do so, to help improve any of the VHL, VHLE or VHLM?

1 hour ago, Advantage said:

Hi Renooooo

1. Absolutely not interested in staying with what I’m doing.  Hoping to branch out and do something a little more lucrative some day.  For now…it pays the bills.  

2. I like the Panthers myself at this point. Not sure if they are the favourite but I think they are one of them. 

3. I like the length but I wouldn’t hate an 82 game seasons.  I like the overall length tho of the season.  Games need to be every day. 

—-

1. I’ve been debating my next player recently and am wondering, what position do you think you’ll make next?

2. Wife and I have been looking at cruises recently as a little baby moon.  What place would you like to visit most in the world?

3. I’ve been in this league a long time and seen a ton of changes that have helped the league grow into what it is today. What change would you implement, if given the power to do so, to help improve any of the VHL, VHLE or VHLM?

1. I think forwards are the most fun and i probably will stick to them moving forward!

2. Kenya, Germany and Iceland would be awesome places to travel to i think, all different experiences! 
3. hmm good question. I think making more tasks that can have players earn a little bit more tpe a bit easier, a lot of people do not know how to make graphics and don’t have the time to make media spots or just forget, but i also know that this would punish the people that put effort into media spots and graphics and they would dwindle out lol, but maybe some more tasks to help keep the more causal folks around! 

1. do you follow any sports outside of Hockey? If so what are they?

2. Have you met any famous athletes before? If you haven’t who would you like to meet and why?

3. What type of cuisine is your favourite to eat? 

Just now, Kisslinger said:

1. do you follow any sports outside of Hockey? If so what are they?

2. Have you met any famous athletes before? If you haven’t who would you like to meet and why?

3. What type of cuisine is your favourite to eat? 

1. Of the big four American spots leagues, the NHL is actually the one I follow the least. MLB is number one for me, for sure.

2. I didn't meet him, but I did walk right by Apolo Ohno once. It didn't register in my brain until after we passed. He had come to my college to speak. Honestly, I don't really care too much about meeting famous people.

3. Mexican

1. Do you find yourself more invested in VHL results than the results of your favorite sports teams?

2. I'm looking to get a cat in the near future. Do you have any pets? If you do, tell me about them. If you don't, do you have an intentions or desires to get a pet in the future?

3. What is a good movie that you have recently watched? If it is on Netflix or streaming free anywhere else, I'll give it a watch.

4 minutes ago, scoop said:

1. Do you find yourself more invested in VHL results than the results of your favorite sports teams?

2. I'm looking to get a cat in the near future. Do you have any pets? If you do, tell me about them. If you don't, do you have an intentions or desires to get a pet in the future?

3. What is a good movie that you have recently watched? If it is on Netflix or streaming free anywhere else, I'll give it a watch.

Answers

1. Playoffs were at the same time and both the VHL team I’m on, and the NHL team I cheer for- I think I was slightly cheering for the Nighthawks in the VHL to win more.

2. I had a few dogs over my lifetime and miss them all dearly. Lots of good memories with them

3. Not sure what your taste is so idk what I would recommend. The last good movie I watched was free on YouTube and it’s called “The Rocket”. It’s about Maurice Richard, has some familiar faces in it from the NHL acting as former legends- I dig it.

Questions

1. Who are your Top 3 players in the NHL right now? 

2. How do you think your VHL player/ goalie will perform at the start of S94?

3. What is your favourite brand name and flavour of ice cream?

11 hours ago, DarkSpyro said:

Questions

1. Who are your Top 3 players in the NHL right now? 

2. How do you think your VHL player/ goalie will perform at the start of S94?

3. What is your favourite brand name and flavour of ice cream?

1. Tough one but I think Top 3 right now are 1) Auston Matthews  2) Nathan MacKinnon 3)Connor McDavid. All top quality players
2. I think it will be a rough start to my goalie as I will be skipping the M and heading to the E with players who are at higher TPE but it will still be fun
3. Kawartha Dairy - Cookies and Cream OR death by chocolate

1) What are your thoughts on the Continental cup Finals that went the full 7 games?

2) Who is your VHL playoff MVP based on the full playoff stats?

3) Would you rather go to space or the bottom of the ocean?

1) What are your thoughts on the Continental cup Finals that went the full 7 games?
Glad to see it was a close and exciting series. Always more fun that a quick one sided sweep

2) Who is your VHL playoff MVP based on the full playoff stats?
Hard to say given how much of a team effort SEA displayed. Perhaps Severus Targaryen who was the leading point scorer.

3) Would you rather go to space or the bottom of the ocean?
I would say space would be more appealing to me. I think I would be way more afraid about going to the bottom of the ocean for whatever reason.

-----
1) How is the off-season for your team going so far?

2) What are your player's expectations for next season?

3) Have you watched any of the NHL playoff and do you have a favourite series so far?

Posted (edited)

A1 - Don't have a team yet so hopefully great!

A2 - I haven't the foggiest.  Hopefully score a lot of goals but you never can tell.

A3 - Space. I've played Subnautica. 

Q1 - How's the weather where you are? We've got a ton of rain in our forecast.

Q2 - If you have a favorite NHL team, are they in the playoffs?

Q3 - Are you happy with your player's performance last season?

Edited by der meister

3 hours ago, der meister said:

Q1 - How's the weather where you are? We've got a ton of rain in our forecast.

Q2 - If you have a favorite NHL team, are they in the playoffs?

Q3 - Are you happy with your player's performance last season?

1 - Weather is still kinda cold a bit in the morning, but it does warm up if it isn't overcast.

2 - They are not.  Canadiens have some improving to do first.

3 - Well it was Kimi's rookie season and I wasn't expecting much, and more of the same next season too.

QUESTIONS

1 - What do you generally expect from your player in a sophomore season?

2 - What do you think about not re-signing with the team that drafted you.  Have you ever done that?

3 - Is the whole PA : SC ratio still a thing?

On 5/14/2024 at 12:24 PM, mattyIceman said:

1 - What do you generally expect from your player in a sophomore season?

2 - What do you think about not re-signing with the team that drafted you.  Have you ever done that?

3 - Is the whole PA : SC ratio still a thing?

1. Usually a 20% increase from my stats in my first season (if sophomore is 2nd)

2. I have never once gone to FA, maybe I will one day, I just feel sorry for my GMs and can't leave them

3. I think so and I think it is still the further apart you can make it the better but I am not 100% sure

Q1. Have you listened to any VHL Podcasts if so which ones, if not why?

Q2. What would you like the next theme week to be

Q3. Do you enjoy the offseason of the VHL

On 5/14/2024 at 11:28 PM, Berocka said:

Q1. Have you listened to any VHL Podcasts if so which ones, if not why?

Q2. What would you like the next theme week to be

Q3. Do you enjoy the offseason of the VHL

Answer 1. I listen to the Piffcast

A2. Snipers

A3. no

Q1. What's your favourite logo in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM

Q2. What affiliates of the VHL do you play

Q3. Whos the best player in the VHL in your opinion

9 minutes ago, The goat of hockey said:

Q1. What's your favourite logo in the VHL/VHLE/VHLM

Q2. What affiliates of the VHL do you play

Q3. Whos the best player in the VHL in your opinion

1. Las Vegas Aces, Oslo, Vancouver 

2. basketball.  SBA 

3. Wann Kerr or The Frenchman 

Q1. Should enforcers be more relevant in VHL?

Q2. Would you like more fighting in league? 

Q3. If you could open an expansion VHL club what City would you put it in?  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scurvy said:

1. Las Vegas Aces, Oslo, Vancouver 

2. basketball.  SBA 

3. Wann Kerr or The Frenchman 

Q1. Should enforcers be more relevant in VHL?

Q2. Would you like more fighting in league? 

Q3. If you could open an expansion VHL club what City would you put it in?  

1. Hell yeah, it would be cool to see some more focus on more other than scoring and points

2. It would be cool if it was a stat we could invest in more depth and if we had a tab to see who’s fighting the most in the stat pages. 

3. Montreal probably 

1. What are you hoping for your player this season?

2. What are your main goals during your VHL tenure 

3. what is something new you’ve tried/done that surprised you that you liked it?

Edited by Kisslinger

On 9/18/2021 at 5:19 PM, MattBake12 said:

1. Alex_J32!

2. Baby don't hurt me, come on!

3. Cats are awesome pets bc they are so sneaky and make nice purring noises.

Qs-

1. What VHL/M/E team will have the best upcoming season?

2. Who is your favorite current hockey player?

3. War, what is it good for?

1) Wranglers of the VHL no doubt

2) Patrick Kane I love the way he can pass the puck and handle it

3) Absolutely nothing

1) Cats or dogs?

2) Who will win the Stanley cup?

3) What VHL team will have the best record this year?

1.Cats or dogs?

Dogs 1000% , something about cats I.dont like. 

2) Who will win the Stanley cup?

The new York rangers , I'm confident they mop floor with Florida 

3) What VHL team will have the best record this year?

The Bears 🐻  so strong 💪 

1. What award do you wish your player could win? 

2.  Does your player play with dry or wet gear ? 

3. What is your top 3 favorite chocolate bars ?

A1 - VHL MVP for sure.

A2 - Dry. Wet is how you get staph infections. Yeesh.

A3 - Ghirardelli dark with sea salt, the same but orange, and maybe snickers?

Q1 - If your player is about to start in a new league, how did the draft go for you? If not, what's your favorite thing about your current team?

Q2 - if you could change one thing about the VHL, what would it be?

Q3 - Favorite genre of novel?

9 hours ago, der meister said:

Q1 - If your player is about to start in a new league, how did the draft go for you? If not, what's your favorite thing about your current team?

1 - I like where the team is heading.  There's new leadership so their motives for their moves are an interesting development.

2 - Change the game engine.  It's holding us back.

3 - Adventure and biography genres certainly interest me.

QUESTIONS:

1 - What's on your Spotify playlist these days?

2 - What in your opinion is STHS' biggest flaw?

3 - What are you favorite flavors for bags of chips?

40 minutes ago, mattyIceman said:
10 hours ago, der meister said:

1 - I like where the team is heading.  There's new leadership so their motives for their moves are an interesting development.

2 - Change the game engine.  It's holding us back.

3 - Adventure and biography genres certainly interest me.

QUESTIONS:

1 - What's on your Spotify playlist these days?

2 - What in your opinion is STHS' biggest flaw?

3 - What are you favorite flavors for bags of chips?

1.  I have Sirius XM, but on Spotify I do have @Berocka bite sized podcasts.  I’ve tried to put others on there but I am too dumb to figure it out.  Now I just need to see more bite sized podcasts!

2.  Flaw??  Well, I supposed I’d like to see all the attributes have an impact on the player overall performance and not just the 4 or 5 or 6 that are in there.  It’s been a while since I looked at what the major attributes do, maybe I should look so I could sound somewhat educated with this answer.

3.  I am very particular with chips.  Not just flavors, but brands.  As far as flavors go, plain, BBQ, and jalapeño are my top 3, but I can also go for sour cream and onion.  Now to the brands, Wise and Stateline are my favorite, but I will go for Ruffles.  Tim’s Cascade for the jalapeño.  But…. We are on budget cuts at the house so we’ve been eating Winco.

Questions:

Q1 - Should the injury option be turned on to add to the games, and if so what would you consider a maximum # of games for the injury?

Q2 - How long did it take you to become comfortable navigating through the VHL forum and the portal?  Who was your biggest mentor on helping you get acclimated?

Q3 - How many teams have you applied to be GM for and what teams have you been selected to be GM?

15 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Questions:

Q1 - Should the injury option be turned on to add to the games, and if so what would you consider a maximum # of games for the injury?

Q2 - How long did it take you to become comfortable navigating through the VHL forum and the portal?  Who was your biggest mentor on helping you get acclimated?

Q3 - How many teams have you applied to be GM for and what teams have you been selected to be GM?

(Soon for a podcast mate)

A1) I would love to see injuries only short term, I think the main issue is that if someone gets injured no changes can be made in the lineup between the games in one days worth of sims. So you might have a sub optimal line up in the second game of the day if some players get injured.

A2) I don't know it sort of just happened, I still struggle to find things though even 5 years later.

A3) I think I have applied 4 times and been the GM of Halifax for a week, Mississauga and Saskatoon for 2 seasons each 

Q1 - Who is a GM you would love to play for in your career

Q2 - What are your goals for this season

Q3 - Would you rather have to fight a Chimp with a sword every year or a chicken with your bare hands every time you enter your car

14 hours ago, Berocka said:

Q1 - Who is a GM you would love to play for in your career

Q2 - What are your goals for this season

Q3 - Would you rather have to fight a Chimp with a sword every year or a chicken with your bare hands every time you enter your car

Answers: 

1.  If I was to leave Vancouver on my own or at the hands of @Frank, I wouldn't mind playing for STZ. As an old timer, he's been around for a while and seems like a decent VHL mind.

2. First and foremost help my team make the playoffs. If that mean 20 points or 100 points for me, I don't care.

3. I enjoy chocking the chicken. 

Questions: 

1. Prediction for Victory Cup team (Top team at the end of the regular season)

2. Prediction for last place team in the league.

3. Have your expectations for your current player matched what your player has done so far in their VHL career?