Continental Cup Finals: Games 3 & 4

VHL Games

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

@Molholt probably agrees, he can't say he's got the only 3-peat anymore. I guess there's at least a minor silver lining there.

Moscow officially peaking at literally the worst time we possibly could have.

I feel pretty confidently that mine is still far more impressive.

Also, mine is still the first and only of its kind. Because this is another kind of threepeat.

Edited by Molholt

1 hour ago, Molholt said:

I feel pretty confidently that mine is still far more impressive.

Also, mine is still the first and only of its kind. Because this is another kind of threepeat.

What happens if Vancouver wins again next season though? 

04d49497f34f69e97df93dfa2ba65c5f.gif

2 hours ago, Hogan said:

Yea Dil getting a bit spicy is kinda odd

A VHL Mod being out of line and doing something that was probably a gut reaction anyways? On this forum? Couldn't possibly happen.

Game four - Vancouver Wolves vs. Moscow Menace

Moscow had to win this game, they were down 3-0, so their backs were against the wall. The first two periods were even. Although, Moscow had a strong second period as they outshot Vancouver 15-9, Sales kept Vancouver in the game, 0-0 after two. Moscow got the worst possible start to the third period as Jerome Reinhart scored 1-0 after under two minutes was played. Three minutes later Kitson made it 2-0, so Moscow was in a terrible position when only 15 minutes was left. When around 10 minutes was played in third Idaho made it 2-1. Moscow got an excellent opportunity to make it 2-2 right away as Li from Vancouver took a two-minute minor. Moscow failed to score. The game ended 2-1. That meant Vancouver won the championship!

The first star of the game was Thadius Sales, 39 saves from 40 shots!

The loser stars: Jerome Reinhart - loser. Jivere Zolnek - loser. Tyler Reinhart - loser. Corey Kitson - loser. Hari Singh Nalwa - hates Italians, also - loser. Joe Madison - 91% loser

On 3/25/2022 at 7:17 AM, Molholt said:

They can win 10 in a row, they'll never be the first and they'll carry that asterisk through them all :D 

and it seems like nobody is ever going to beat Parechkin's hit record from that era either. The Legion 3peat is always going to be more impressive.

• Admin
1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

and it seems like nobody is ever going to beat Parechkin's hit record from that era either. The Legion 3peat is always going to be more impressive.

A few guys have cleared 400 in the last few seasons, including Deathwalker in S82. It's actually probably one of the likeliest to fall 👀

49 minutes ago, Victor said:

A few guys have cleared 400 in the last few seasons, including Deathwalker in S82. It's actually probably one of the likeliest to fall 👀

After reroll, I doubt it. But we'll see.

It's not even something I aimed to achieve with that player. It just kind of happened. So I won't be mad at all if someone beats it. Haha

You know the thing about unwritten rules is... they don't exist. So people can bitch and moan all they want, but the fact is Vancouver didn't break any established rules, and that's more on the league then it is the GM. It is what it is, congrats to the players on Vancouver. Also I am doing a review for game 4.

VHL Continental Cup Finals- Game 4

VAN wins 4-0

Game 4 finally has come and gone and the result seemed like a inevitability. The Wolves were looking to break out the brooms to deny Moscow for the third straight season in the finals. For all crying the VHL mob has been doing about Vancouver, this was a super close contest that saw chances back and forth for the entire game. After 40 minutes, the game was tied at zeros, but things intensified in the third period. With less than two minutes into the third, Jerome Reinhart finally broke the deadlock after taking a sweet feed from his brother Tyler to put the Wolves up 1-0.  Three minutes later, defenseman Corey Kitson connected on a goal assisted from both of the Reinhart brothers to add onto their lead. Halfway through the period, the Menace MVP Duncan Idaho cut the lead in half to make it 2-1, but that's as close as they would come as the Wolves would hold off a late flurry and finish their three-peat, much to the chagrin of the VHL masses. People will have their opinions, but you can't argue with history. Both goalies played out of their minds this game, but Thad Sales finished off his illustrious career with a 39 save effort. He is a serious contender for the Kanou, and it would be a nice feather in his cap to finish his career. On the flipside, this era of the Moscow Menace will be known as the Buffalo Bills of the VHL, losing in three straight finals. 

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

For all crying the VHL mob has been doing about Vancouver, this was a super close contest that saw chances back and forth for the entire game

Tbh that describes the whole series. You could argue the meta beat us in 80 and 81 even but Sales beat us in 82. You can’t win if you can’t score and ultimately the guy put up a .947 S% in the finals.

5 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Tbh that describes the whole series. You could argue the meta beat us in 80 and 81 even but Sales beat us in 82. You can’t win if you can’t score and ultimately the guy put up a .947 S% in the finals.

yeah when i looked at the boxscores that was my first thought. It was a pretty well fought series tbh, Thad had an amazing playoffs.

Game 86 Recap

Game 86, final game of Season 82 of the VHL.

Game 4 of the VHL Playoffs - Finals  - Vancouver Wolves Visiting Moscow Menace

Shot Count 19 to 14 for Vancouver after first period. No goals to report.

Shot Count 15 to 9 for Moscow in the second period, 29 to 28 for Moscow after 2 periods. No goals to report. Both goaltenders playing fabulously.

Jerome Reinhart @MexicanCow123  opens the scoring 1:43 into the third period, Corey Kitson @Nykonax makes it 2 - 0  for Vancouver at 4:35.

Duncan Idaho @OrbitingDeath  cuts the lead in halve at 10:18

Final Score: 2 - 1 Vancouver. Vancouver wins Game, Series, Cup. 4 - 0

Thadius Sales @thadthrasher(VAN), 39 saves from 40 shots - (0.975% save %) in the Win

Papa Emeritus @Beketov(MOS), 43 saves from 45 shots - (0.956% save %) in the Loss

Congratulations on Vancouver Wolves for winning the Victory and Continental Cups for 3 straight seasons, becoming a Hockey Dynasty!

Game 4 Recap: Moscow Menace vs Vancouver Wolverines. 

Did you ever think the Moscow Menace would even survive in this series? Goals from Jerome Reinhart and Corey Kingston seal the Continental Cup for the Vancouver Wolverines. A three-peat for the Wolverines has finally been fulfilled. These Sales had a huge performance from the Wolverines also. He had 39 saves off of 40 shots from the Moscow Menace. That's almost 98% shot block rate from him. The Wolverines prove that they are undoubtedly the best dynasty in the VHL. As for the Moscow Menace, this is one of the best teams they've ever assembled but they faced. This rivalry is like the Cleveland Cavaliers against the Golden State Warriors. One team gets their best era as a team but the superpower of another team is just too much to handle. I'm hearing that the Vancouver Wolverines will not be powerful anymore after the changes to the new VHL TPE system. Let's hope that's true.