VHL Holiday Charity Auction call for items: 2022 Edition

Acydburn

• Commissioner

So we're one day away from  December, I feel like I blinked and it was a year.

last year was a huge success! Can see how last years went here.

So this post is a call for our Charity Auction, you can see what others did last year here. This gives you an idea of what other's have done or come up with something new.

@bigAL said it best last year "Essentially, members offer up whatever they can or want to offer to others, and the rest of us bet real world money (okay, just Canadian dollars, but still). The highest bid at the end of the week, wins! "

So to further rip off @bigAL

In this thread, please post what you're willing to auction off.

Auction items:

- We had an awesomely creative auction last year, check out the subforum for ideas for this year. It's okay to repeat things.

- Staff will have the final say on which volunteered items make it to the auction. We will not select things like muting poor @Dil for the rest of his life (Maybe just another month?).  Could you imagine if he didn't take that like a champ and disappeared forever? I wouldn't blame him.

- As always, everything must be SFW.

- When you bid on an auction item, you are agreeing to pay that amount in full.

-IF YOU SIGN UP TO AUCTION OFF AN ITEM OR YOUR TIME/EVENT. THIS IS A COMMITMENT. If you offer to do something please follow through with it.

Once we get the items for the charity auction sorted, we'll set fundraising goals and share the corresponding rewards for hitting each goal. 

So, happy holidays! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

As always @Commissioners have final say if an item is appropriate or goes against our rules/TOS.

@Members

My wife Becca and I will do a podcast buzzed or drunk where I will post a question thread for the members of the community to ask us. You can ask either of us anything as long as it is not inappropriate or disrespectful towards her. Ever wonder how Becca puts up with me? How is she married to a Continental Cup Champion? Here is your chance to find out!

Edited by Arce

1 minute ago, Arce said:

My wife Becca and I will do a podcast buzzed or drunk where I will post a question thread for the members of the community to ask us. You can ask either of us anything as long as it is not inappropriate or disrespectful towards her.

I will definitely listen to that, great idea ahah

2 minutes ago, Arce said:

My wife Becca and I will do a podcast buzzed or drunk where I will post a question thread for the members of the community to ask us. You can ask either of us anything as long as it is not inappropriate or disrespectful towards her. Ever wonder how Becca puts up with me? How is she married to a Continental Cup Champion? Here is your chance to find out!

$20 per question right?

I have 2 codes I can donate, 1 is xbox game pass ultimate for 2 months. The other is pc game pass for 1 month. I can send the codes to a commish and let them handle it if it works.

please note that those only works for accounts that haven’t subscribed to it before (hence why I didn’t use them and still have them, but they’re not expired)

Edited by Dom

19 minutes ago, Arce said:

i will also do a podcast with arce's wife where I will post a question thread for the members of the community to ask us. I will subsequently ignore all questions and further inquire on the life stories of arce.

• Commissioner

I will be putting forth a couple of stretch goals again that aren’t strictly auction items but will be potentially hit  depending on our fundraising. I’ll announce specifics when we open everything up.

@Acydburn, I’m sorry to have bothered you with the timetable and such. I have gotten a much quicker answer than what I was expecting.

I will auction a game-(worn/used) jersey of my hometown football (soccer) team, SC Braga. The player is number 8, Al Musrati.

If you enjoy the sport or collect different memorabilia, it could be an opportunity to get a cool jersey (in my humble opinion).

1 hour ago, Arce said:

and I can host right?

• Dil featured and pinned this topic

I'll do the same as last year and offer up a TPE visualizer (like you can see in my draft rankings posts) for the historic draft class of the winning bidder's choice (can only be from a draft class between S62 and S86 though due to the required info not being accessible for earlier seasons). 

Edited by MubbleFubbles

1 hour ago, youloser1337 said:

I will donate my time to crochet scarves.

To clarify on this, I crochet a lot. I have too much yarn. If you donate X amount I will work with you to make a scarf. Nothing too crazy. A good handmade gift! Not sure how I would work out shipping. Probably need to work with blues or someone idk.

2 hours ago, Arce said:

Does your wife approve of your avatar?