2023 Charity Auction - Call of Items

Beketov

• Commissioner

@Members

It's that time of year again! The beginning of the VHL Holiday season and therefore the Charity Auction!

So this post is our call for items, you can see what has been done in the past here. This gives you an idea of what other's have done if you want to replicate it but feel free to come up with something new. The way the auctions function is simple, we put up the "items" you offer and as members you put your money bids down and fight over who gets it. Once the time runs out the highest bidder takes the prize.

So what's this thread for? Well we need to know what to put up for auction of course! So, reply below if you're willing to auction anything, digital, real, or otherwise. You can also offer up incentives for group milestones or cumulative goals. These would be stuff like the Zoo Tycoon 2 stream I've done the last couple of years. Essentially if, as a whole, we meet a certain amount of money raised then the milestone is met and the reward is "paid out" to everyone. Alternatively a cumulative goal would be if that specific auction item reaches a certain amount raised so like "$100 = a stream" or something and everyone puts forth money toward the same goal instead of budding against each other.

Notes:

- We've had amazingly creative auctions the last two years, check out the subforum for ideas for this year. It's okay to repeat things.

- Staff will have the final say on which volunteered items make it to the auction. Ultimately some things like permanent discord mutes or something might be funny but we aren't going to intentionally harm the league or do anything illegal for this.

- As always, everything must be SFW.

- When you bid on an auction item, you are agreeing to pay that amount in full if you win. Do not bid if you aren't willing to pay.

- If you sign up to auction off an item or your time please consider it a commitment. If you offer to do something please follow through with it. People are paying for these things so don't ignore them.

Once we get the items for the charity auction sorted, we'll set fundraising goals and share the corresponding rewards for hitting each goal. As always @Commissioners have final say if an item is appropriate and what items will be chosen. Volunteering an item in here doesn't mean it will automatically get chosen but putting something in means it can so make sure you're willing to do whatever you say in here.

Happy holidays! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

If there's any interest at all I would let someone pick a retro title for me to play on my YT channel. Can't guarantee it would be a full playthrough but at least one video. If there's something newer I would consider it, depending on what it is, but I want to make sure my current specs would support it, hence retro. 

If anyone would be interested, I'd be willing to do a full stream of all the FNAF games. Either 24 hour or until completion of each game, whichever comes first. I think it'd be entertaining to watch me devolve into insanity as it goes on

I'm back with a repeat from last year.

FREE PIZZA (final cost up to $25 USD) OF YOUR CHOOSING!

You tell me where and what kind of pizza, and I'll do my best to get you that pizza. And I promise not to judge you on your choice of toppings 😂

Edited by KaleebtheMighty

16 minutes ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

You tell me where and what kind of pizza, and I'll do my best to get you that pizza. And I promise not to judge you on your choice of toppings 😂

can I get you to order yourself a pizza that you have to eat?

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

1. $250 (cumulative) total and I’ll do a massive cold plunge, outside, in the cold, Canadian, dark, Winter. 🥶 It’ll be worth it. We’ll make sure we pick a FREEZING DAY. ❄️ 

Love this time of year! Let’s get some

fun events going! 🎄 

Edited by Banackock

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, KaleebtheMighty said:

None pizza left beef!

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

1. $250 total and I’ll do a massive cold plunge, outside, in the cold, Canadian, dark, Winter. 🥶 It’ll be worth it. We’ll make sure we pick a FREEZING DAY. ❄️ 

fun events going! 🎄 

I assume you mean a cumulative auction and not a milestone.

Just now, Beketov said:

None pizza left beef!

I assume you mean a cumulative auction and not a milestone.

Correct. I’m not that excited to get cold but I can promise it would be good.  🥶 

Edited by Banackock

1 hour ago, InstantRockstar said:

I can offer my gfx services to make someone a graphic of their choosing. Can be a desktop background, league graphic or even a social graphic, whatever someone wants 😊

At first glance I read this as "I can offer my exgf's services" and had to do a double-take.

MoonRaker1.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=fa75a1bb47

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Banackock said:

1. $250 (cumulative) total and I’ll do a massive cold plunge, outside, in the cold, Canadian, dark, Winter. 🥶 It’ll be worth it. We’ll make sure we pick a FREEZING DAY. ❄️ 

fun events going! 🎄 

Damn that polar plunge tho, I ain't paying your medical bill haha

6 hours ago, Baozi said:

My perennial riotgames raffle give away shall be here. @Enorama get on it!

Still good with these tiers? We maxed it out last year and then some so there's the possibility to open it up more if you want to budget more. Up to you.

image.png.92ceaaf1d2eba7f0c32f03a7af2234fd.png

I'll offer my Draft Visualizers again but I'd like to change mine up to be a series of cumulative goals rather than winning bid gets draft class of their choice. So each bid goes towards a draft class of their choice and I'll do a visualizer for any draft class that reaches $25 in cumulative bids. So for example, if S67, S75 and S82 all hit $25 in cumulative donations (so a grand total of $75), I'll do visualizers for all three of those classes.

12 hours ago, Banackock said:

fun events going! 🎄 

For $300 I'll go out on the same day and jump into the pool

I got a milestone one, for every $100 donated I'll do a lap of the Nurburgring in BeamNG.drive (so basically if we got $3200 I'd do 32 Laps of the Nurburgring in full, meaning with the Nordschleife)