Christmas Giveaway

Will

1 hour ago, Draper said:

They'll be relatively even combinations of what you would expect. Uncapped TPE, player store cash, maybe more double and/or free week. Don't think anyone will feel shafted.

I'll divy them out probably tomorrow or the next day, still getting submissions for the giveaway this morning so want to give people an bit more time.

You do know it's Christmas day right? The day for gifts ;)

Maybe it would be best just to now make it an actual free doubles week just so anyone who might have misread it and not done a PT this week under the impression it was a free doubles week and are now busy during the Christmas Holidays won't miss out on six points, and then the consolation for anyone who's seen this recent confirmation and panic done a PT on Christmas Day can at least have next week off. 

It's an understandable mistake to make in the writing, but at the same time we shouldn't put pressure on people who want their player to be as good as possible to do PT's at times that are geared towards spending with family either. 

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

• Senior Admin
2 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Maybe it would be best just to now make it an actual free doubles week just so anyone who might have misread it and not done a PT this week under the impression it was a free doubles week and are now busy during the Christmas Holidays won't miss out on six points, and then the consolation for anyone who's seen this recent confirmation and panic done a PT on Christmas Day can at least have next week off. 

It's an understandable mistake to make in the writing, but at the same time we shouldn't put pressure on people who want their player to be as good as possible to do PT's at times that are geared towards spending with family either. 

No. The vast majority understood what I meant, and if someone did miss their only opportunity to write a PT because of my wording I'd be happy to make sure they don't miss out. 

And as I said, claimable until the end of NEXT a week. Nobody should be panicking. 

I thought it was a free doubles week too. Like a non-PT doubles week. Like, 'free' meant not having to do anything to be rewarded a doubles week.

But, in saying that, I read through the thread like 1 page and realized quick that I still had to do a PT and it was no bother at all. Although my Friday night was a fuckton of nothing so I did a PT for both of my players in like 10 minutes because writing stuff about things for free attribute points ain't no thang to me.

Shit, don't trip, homiez. It's the holidays.

I don't think anybody needs to be given a free 12 TPE as an apology for the odd wording either. Everyone still has next week to do it.

This is coming from somebody who's already done both PT's and claimed doubles though, so maybe I'm biased. Also drunk because I was just at a Christmas dinner and playing with kids and drinking with relatives. Anyways, bye.

7 hours ago, Draper said:

No. The vast majority understood what I meant, and if someone did miss their only opportunity to write a PT because of my wording I'd be happy to make sure they don't miss out. 

And as I said, claimable until the end of NEXT a week. Nobody should be panicking. 

You guys are in charge of this place, and it is indeed a fair enough reward, especially in conjunction with the random unwrapping gift...but when I initially suggested "Free doubles" in the Blue HQ I did in fact mean a free week that is also worth 12 TPE. It is a decently standard Christmas giveaway. It's what we did last year! And the year before. And definitely a number of other years. So technically it was you who misunderstood the wording if you were just going by my suggestion. :P

Personally, I didn't really have time to do a PT this week (except when driving home for the holidays!). I can hardly get on here at all, in fact, and sadly I fucked over my VHLM team repeatedly as a result. So the free doubles in either of the two holiweeks made sense for me, because I could claim it for this week, and crush a couple PTs for next week when I'm not with my family anymore. I imagine most people are in similar boats, so that's where the giveaway is generally stemmed from.

• Senior Admin
8 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

So technically it was you who misunderstood the wording if you were just going by my suggestion. :P

I wasn't.

Look, I don't understand why everyone is so upset about this. Last year was a straight up 12 TPE with no 'involvement'. This year I tried to do something nice/fun with the gifts and I didn't think I would become the unreasonable one for not giving away 12 TPE + additional prizes. I mean jesus it's not like we're that stingy on the giveaways, between All-Star weeks and World Cup's there has been at least a double per season for the last while.

I thought it was a fair deal, sorry everyone else seems to think otherwise.

50 minutes ago, Draper said:

I wasn't.

Look, I don't understand why everyone is so upset about this. Last year was a straight up 12 TPE with no 'involvement'. This year I tried to do something nice/fun with the gifts and I didn't think I would become the unreasonable one for not giving away 12 TPE + additional prizes. I mean jesus it's not like we're that stingy on the giveaways, between All-Star weeks and World Cup's there has been at least a double per season for the last while.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. #CommissionerLife

• Senior Admin

I will make a small compromise. In case the poor wording messed someone up, or if I..underestimated how busy people actually are for a full 14 days, I'll add another week to the end of it.

Therefore the double week is claimable until January 8th. That's 21 days to do a point task. The extra prizes are claimable whether you choose to do utilize the doubles or not. 

5 hours ago, Draper said:

I wasn't.

Don't fret, people are just horrible at reading. In my PM to you I even asked to confirm what it was.