Toronto Legion Weekly Presser

1. Absolutely I am excited.. I love rematches.

2. Dawson for sure

3. It was an absolute insane run we were the hottest team in league. 

4. A team full of new young players it takes a little bit to get going.. we Finally started to gel as a team and started kicking ass.

5. Just wanna win it for @ROOKIE745.

6. For sure LETS GO HOUSTON!!!

Edited by Webberj

20 hours ago, Peace said:

1. Seattle vs. Toronto is a rematch of S74; are you excited? 

2. This series is also represented individually! Dawson faces his previous team, and former Legion Frank Funk Jr will be in town. Who do you think performs better between the two? 

3. How do you feel about Toronto's 40-25-7 record to end the regular season? 

4. Toronto started 15-15-6 after the first thirty six games... and finished the second leg of the season 25-10-1. From your perspective as a roster player: What change kick started a successful second half of S77? 

5. Are there any other storylines you're looking forward too during the post season? Doesn't have to be Seattle - Toronto related.

6. Are you following the VHLM playoffs at all? 

@McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Rayzor_7 @rjfryman @Webberj @Toast

@Poptart @fromtheinside @DoktorFunk @Juice

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

On 4/27/2021 at 9:56 PM, Peace said:

2. This series is also represented individually! Dawson faces his previous team, and former Legion Frank Funk Jr will be in town. Who do you think performs better between the two? 

4. Toronto started 15-15-6 after the first thirty six games... and finished the second leg of the season 25-10-1. From your perspective as a roster player: What change kick started a successful second half of S77? 

5. Are there any other storylines you're looking forward too during the post season? Doesn't have to be Seattle - Toronto related.

@McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Rayzor_7 @rjfryman @Webberj

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Hell yes!! I believe I'm like one of the only left over players from last time DX

2. Well I live Funk but I hope us!

3. hitting 40 wins is great, honestly a nice surprise and I had 34 of them.

4. Well maybe it was the trade at the deadline? I don't like to think so though, probably just lineup changes and such.

5. Well my own I suppose, if that's fine for my own answer.

6. Nope, but I should check em out.

On 4/27/2021 at 11:56 PM, Peace said:

@McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Rayzor_7 @rjfryman @Webberj

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Very excited. I think we can bring down DA BEARZ

2. Dawson for sure

3. Very happy! We finished strong.

4. For sure the trades we made at the deadline

5. Not that I can think of

6. Not really ☹

1. Series has been great so far. Hopefully we can make a comeback here and pull off the win.

2. Dawson has been PPG in the playoffs and Funk Jr score G5's OT winner. It's been quite the story for this trade.

3. Very strong performance from the team. Hopefully it stays that way next season!

4. Definitely Dawson coming in at the deadline even though that's part way through the second half!

5. Do it for Hextall/Dawson-Funk Jr battle. Heck the other series. 

6. I haven't been following the VHLM since leaving Miami...

Yes I was very excited to see my first action of VHL playoffs.

Well Funk scored a huge GWG for his team so I guess Funk performed better. But we are still pumped to have Dawson on board  with us in Toronto.

I think we exceeded our expectations. We almost finished first in the NA Conference. I was really proud of the guys for that feat.

The offense started to pick it up and we were getting scoring from everywhere rather than just our defense, so that helped. 

Well I am answering this after we've been eliminated. I was interested to see how Tonn would do in his final season before retiring but London also bit the bullet.

Yes I just did a first round recap of the first round of the VHLM Playoffs. They are pretty close this season. Pretty good series in all.

As I'm answering this after the series, I can categorically say no I am not excited.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter. We were eliminated and the statisticians will only be interested in the winners.

The team steadily improved so that's something positive to take into next season.

I can't highlight one single aspect that achieved the success rate, although limiting the playing time of Odinsson probably helped.

The future of Gunnar Odinsson. What will happen in the drama-filled world of his management team as they once again find themselves at the crossroads?

No. I'm flat out staying on top of the VHL, so besides any involvement of my friends in Management positions, I have little interest.

Hope you're all having a good Friday! 

Here are some PC's for you. 

1. Are you a Star Wars fan and did you do any binging on May 4th? 

2. Are you looking forward to anything this off season? 

3. Have you followed the playoffs at all since the Legion were eliminated? 

4. Any plans for the weekend? Camping trip, maybe some fishing? 

5. Coke or Pepsi? 

6. Knowing Hextall's retirement is pending... how do you feel? \ (For ROOKIE: Do you feel satisfied with Hextall's career?) 

@McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Toast @rjfryman @Webberj 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

2 hours ago, Peace said:

5. Coke or Pepsi? 

6. Knowing Hextall's retirement is pending... how do you feel? \ (For ROOKIE: Do you feel satisfied with Hextall's career?) 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. I am, but I didn't because I had to work

2.  Yep! Training camp!

3. A little bit for DA BEARZ

4. I'm moving, so it's going to involve a lot of packing

5. Coke for sure

6. I'm glad I got to play with him!

22 hours ago, Peace said:

5. Coke or Pepsi? 

@ROOKIE745 @hedgehog337

1. Not really, I've watched most of the movies but I've never really gotten that interested, as far as May 4th went I didn't do anything, was working that night.

2. Making my new player for sure!

3. Nope, not at all XD

4. Not with how Canada is no, I do have stuff planned for later in May/early June at least.

5. Coke!!

6. Mostly..... I mean I think every one wants to get a cup and that's understandable, I'm fine that I didn't with my first player, I'm happy with his overall number and win lose record. I wish he had more deep playoff runs though, that probably would have been the thing that would have left me fulfilled with his career. I am happy with it in the end.

I'm a Star Wars fan but just casually. I didn't watch any movies this week, no.

Nope just looking towards next season. I am AGMing for Team Asia in the WJC's to help out a newer member in the league, but besides that it's gonna be a quiet couple of weeks.

Loosely. Last  I checked Seattle held a series lead over Helsinki. Once I am done with this PC I will probably go check it out.

I  had a Star Wars DnD campaign last night with some friends and besides that I been grinding MLB The Show 21 pretty hard the last few days.

5. Coke or Pepsi? 

Coke and if anyone tells you different they are just plain wrong.

I feel slightly disappointed we couldn't get him that cup but at the end of the day that's largely out of our control anyways. Hopefully he finds success with his recreate.

1. Quite enjoy all of Star Wars. Finished Mando a few weeks ago finally but didn't do any watching for the 4th.

2. I want it to go by as quickly as possible to enjoy some games again but I do like off-season TPE.

3. Yep! Very happy for my Seattle pals.

4. Mother's Day today was nice, had the mother-in-law over for lunch. Looking forward to when I can see my parents in person again. Yard work after that exhausted me.

5. Coke for sure. Tried Coke Zero this weekend and it's actually pretty damn good. Going to switch to that. 

6. Rookie seems like a great person in the LR. Disappointed we couldn't get it done for Hextall.

1. Are you a Star Wars fan and did you do any binging on May 4th? 

I am not a Star Wars fan, so I didn’t even realize it was the day until my fiancé said something.

2. Are you looking forward to anything this off season? 

I am looking forward to it being over 

I was watching the remainder of the VHL playoffs, good for the Bears.

Nothing to do yet, hopefully have a nice few weeks in the summer here. 

5. Coke or Pepsi? 

Coke products, but Braqs rootbeeet for me. 

im sad we couldn’t close his career off with a little more hockey 

When I was younger yes, now not so much. As for the day itself, probably not. I'm boring AF.

We look like we won't be making any moves due to cap, so just the start of next season rolling around.

Nope. I heard Seattle won again. Congrats.

Getting away from the new neighbors before I end up charged with manslaughter.

5. Coke or Pepsi? 

Either, I don't give a shit if a restaurant or vending machine only stocks one or the other. You're thirsty, it's wet. 

He's been a massive part of Toronto so it's a little sad, but he'll be back with a new player so that's something to look forward to.

Howdy! 

1. Did you follow the awards ceremony at all?

2. How did your predictions go? 

3. Draft is tonight... will you be watching the live stream? 

4. Klamasteris is set to become our starter for the next little while... how do you think he'll handle the pressure? 

5. Toronto squeaked into cap compliance with 500k to spare. What do you think we should do with it? (Pizza parrrrrrrrrtay?) 

6. Toronto regressed a tad, but the rosters' younger players improved, and remains largely the same from last season. How do you think we'll perform in S78?

McWolf @Smarch @osens @BOOM @NickSunderbruch @Toast @rjfryman @Webberj 

@hedgehog337

:D

40 minutes ago, Peace said:

Howdy! 

4. Klamasteris is set to become our starter for the next little while... how do you think he'll handle the pressure? 

5. Toronto squeaked into cap compliance with 500k to spare. What do you think we should do with it? (Pizza parrrrrrrrrtay?) 

6. Toronto regressed a tad, but the rosters' younger players improved, and remains largely the same from last season. How do you think we'll perform in S78?

@hedgehog337

:D

1.  Nope!

2. Not well! I forgot to do them!

3. Maybe a little bit

4. He's gonna be a stud and a half

5. That's a lot of pizza!

6. I think it's going to be a good season!

1. No I was busy.

2. I didn't do them

3. Gonna try probably catch a little bit

4. He should do just fine got a great locker room to help him 

5. I m still a free agent but I won't turn down a pizza party.

6. You guys definitely should be at the top again. 

1. I didn't watch the Awards ceremony. I didn't know there even was one! Maybe next season. 

2. I missed the opportunity to submit but thankfully this reminded me for this season.

3. With no action from Toronto there wasn't much to be interested in for me and it clashed with the ISFL draft.

4. Hopefully he'll be fine! It's a lot to step into but the team in front of him will help.

5. Well thankfully with the changes we have a bit more so hopefully we'll bring in some more talent.

6. I might be overly optimistic but I'm expecting about the same if not better. Cup season?

I read the results yeah. Su cleaned up.

Horrible, like most people from what I've been told. I only got 1 though, pathetic.
I was hosting the live stream :D  But yeah it was nice and quick, 2 hours and we got it all done. Good work GMs.
He's had a ton of time with the team already, I have complete faith in him. He's gonna do great.
Let's get a jacuzzi installed in the dressing room. Make it happen.

In my eyes we are definitely a playoff caliber team,so I see us getting to the post season. After that it's anybodys game. But yeah we have a legit shot a a title if things go our way.

Yeah, I watched a few of the announcements live. Congrats to all the winners.

Complete shit to be honest. I think I grabbed 2 TPE from the damn thing. Useless.

No, mainly because we don't have a first round selection so there's little to interest me.

He'll do just fine. He's been training with us for a while now, knows the team well and it's now his chance to shine.

Invest in the latest fad crypto. It's only $500K so what is really to lose?

I think we will perform around the same as last season but probably fall short again. A couple of other teams improved so it will be harder to reach the playoffs.

Another week, another PC! 

1. What do you think about Toronto's off season moves so far? (Resigning Hornet, Webber; acquiring Killinger; and stockpiling picks in the S80 VHL Entry Draft, etc)

2. How many players do you think will surpass thirty goals? 

3. Do you think Toronto could have two sixty assist players this season? 

4. Does anyone reach triple digit points? 

5. NA Conference will be tight this season -- do you think Toronto can reach 40 wins again? 

6. Season opener is just around the corner. Are you ready? 

@fromtheinside @DoktorFunk @Juice @thatloserGMinToronto

@hedgehog337

1. What do you think about Toronto's off season moves so far? (Resigning Hornet, Webber; acquiring Killinger; and stockpiling picks in the S80 VHL Entry Draft, etc)

I think we are seting ourselves up for a big season this season. With Hornet getting older, Killinger and Sens retiring this season. But can we do it without a star goalie like Hextall? Might have put too many eggs in that basket, but we forgot about the most important egg of them all.

I'm going to guess three. Hornet has scored 30 every season for the past 4 seasons, so it'd be surprising for him to miss the mark this season. Odinsson hit 34 last season and should do it again. Third one could be either Sens or Reinhart. Sens did it last season, he's getting somewhat older. Reinhart only had 12 last season as a rookie, but he's definitely going to improve this season as a sophomore.

We had none last season, but I'd see two or three of Hornet, Green and Killinger hitting that plateau. Hornet has never even came close to it, but hey, one can dream.

Not to toot my own horn, but if someone on this team does it, it's most likely going to be Hornet. A 40-goal, 60-assist season shouldn't be impossible with his build. That being said, it looks like he capped out at 85 points, so I wouldn't put any cash on him breaking out this season.

5. NA Conference will be tight this season -- do you think Toronto can reach 40 wins again? 

The NA is a gamble this season and there are two teams that are going to miss the playoffs that shouldn't miss in any common season.

Ready? Yes. Pumped up? Not all that much. I'm excited to see what the team can do, but I'm also kind of getting bored of Hornet to be super honest. He's been good, but he has never been great. He's the 70's mini-Kastelic. All skills, no results. But yeah, I'm pumped to see what both Toronto and London get to do this season.

8 minutes ago, McWolf said:

I think we are seting ourselves up for a big season this season. With Hornet getting older, Killinger and Sens retiring this season. But can we do it without a star goalie like Hextall? Might have put too many eggs in that basket, but we forgot about the most important egg of them all.

Klamasteris right now: 

Sad Homer Simpson GIF

3 hours ago, Peace said:

Another week, another PC! 

@fromtheinside @DoktorFunk @Juice @thatloserGMinToronto

@hedgehog337

1. I think they've been solid! We have a real shot this year!

2. The whole Legion, duh

3. For sure. Who else would set up all those goals?

4. I think Kaberle will

5. Absolutely 

6. More ready than ever