Helsinki Titans Press Conference

Quik

1- I do not have a problem with it to an extent. I would not do it myself

2- Went for a walk outside. The spring weather is improving where I am.

3- Saving an endangered species. Any of them as they are all important to the planet.

4- I do enjoy being outside. I like to go camping and boat riding.

5- I have played hockey on an outdoor rink.

6- The tree would grow healthy and wild. I would plant an oak tree.

#Team-Work-Makes-The-Dream-Work

7.  It's hard being a a team with so many wonderful people, no only do we compete with the other teams but we also compete and help each other gain stats and prestige.  Do you ever find this dynamic hard to deal with?

Occasionally it is a drag when you see someone from your draft year on another team getting all the stats but its a matter of perspective. I would rather our team 's chemistry and consistent regular season success than have 10 more goals for example.

8. What team has surprised you most and has come together to have an incredible season thus far?

The Legion are certainly a popular answer after missing the playoffs in consecutive seasons but I'll go with the United. They made a few offseason moves that have paid off beautifully to return to the top of the World Conference.

9. Does attitude matter? Do you think your moods and words affect your teammates?

Always! I think that we can take that for granted on a team like this that doesn't get into spats off the ice. I have been on some VHLM teams with a bad apple and they really drag everyone down whenever they get in their moods.

10. In the end all we have is each other, tell me something nice you did for a teammate.

It actually wasn't for a teammate. When Jubo called me into his office to discuss an extension, I noticed how overstuffed his files were. I snuck in with the help of Blade and organized the files for our fearless leader.

11. If you had a dream or a goal for the end of this season, what is it? Has it changed ? If so why?

Since rerolling, I didn't know what to expect. I was hoping for some sort advancement in production. I think the overall goal stayed the same but I learned to put team success at the forefront.

12. Everyone thank @Frank he  encourages me to put these bad boys up and i think that is an example of a team player who is looking out for the organization. (Look frank you get a chance to tank your self ;) lol )

Thank you @Frank! It is nice to always have these to do each week and helpful that you are pushing them to happen. BUT @BladeMaiden you get 96% of the credit for doing them each week and doing very WELL!

On 4/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, BladeMaiden said:

-> :hel:Titans S76:hel:<--

Week Ending April 25th 2021

Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE!

Earth Day and Team work, not the most cohesive pairing this week but i'm sure your answers will score major points regardless ❤️

#Earth-Day

1. As a public figure do you think it is ok to use your public platform to get political?

Answer. I try to stay away from all politics. 

2. April 22nd is Earth day, did you do anything  special to commemorate the day?

Answer. I picked up a discarded rolling paper off the ground and rolled a joint.  I did my part 😂

3. What is one environmental concern that you would be willing to be the face of ? What would you like to change?

Answer. I would like make solar panels for homes more affordable and accessible.  Lower electric Bills for everyone. 

4. Are you an outdoorsy person? What do you like to do outside? How do you enjoy our natural world?

Answer. I love the outdoors. I am going to go camping soon. 

5. Have you ever played hockey on a pond, or skated outdoors?

Answer. Yes I have played pond hockey. 

6.  If we all planted trees and they grew based on the premise that they reflected our talent, how would your tree grow. What type of tree did you plant to reflect you?

Answer. I would plant a D’Anjou pear tree. It would grow big and the fruit would be juicy.

7.  It's hard being a a team with so many wonderful people, no only do we compete with the other teams but we also compete and help each other gain stats and prestige.  Do you ever find this dynamic hard to deal with?

Answer

8. What team has surprised you most and has come together to have an incredible season thus far?

Answer

9. Does attitude matter? Do you think your moods and words affect your teammates?

Answer

10. In the end all we have is each other, tell me something nice you did for a teammate.

Answer

11. If you had a dream or a goal for the end of this season, what is it? Has it changed ? If so why?

Answer

12. Everyone thank @Frank he  encourages me to put these bad boys up and i think that is an example of a team player who is looking out for the organization. (Look frank you get a chance to tank your self ;) lol )

Answer

Rooting Go Team GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

:hel:Titans GM:hel:

-> Titans S76<--

Week Ending May 2nd 2021

Playoffs and the next level , not the most cohesive pairing this week but i'm sure your answers will score major points regardless   

#Playoff-Parley 

1.  Do you think you play better in the playoffs or regular season?

Answer

2. If you could wish for one  thing to happen in these playoffs and it could not just be to win, what would you wish for? 

Answer 

3. Who do you think will give us the most trouble on the predators?

Answer

4.  Series prediction for Helsinki vs Warsaw?

Answer 

5. Do you have any particular play off superstitions?

Answer 

6.  Some people can not grow playoff beards ( I know because Venus can't) what do they do instead? Speculate.

Answer

7.  How do you bring your intensity up to match a team that has had the success Warsaw has?

Answer 

8.  Do you expect things to get overly physical in the playoffs?

Answer 

9.  Who is most likely to win the chirp war between Helsinki and Warsaw?

Answer

10. In mighty ducks fashion, how would you vandalize the other team's LR?

Answer 

11.  If Helsinki was a pokemon what pokemon would we be? 

Answer 

12. What pokemon would you say Warsaw is? lol

Answer

1.  Do you think you play better in the playoffs or regular season?

Answer: Fairly equal as far as stats go, I'd like the think Vaak's intensity hits the next level come playoff time.

2. If you could wish for one thing to happen in these playoffs and it could not just be to win, what would you wish for? 

Answer: A Titan taking the playoff MVP award would be great

Answer: Likely Aloe Dear, they have a lot of offensive threats so it's gotta be a full team effort to either shut them down and outscore the Preds.

4.  Series prediction for Helsinki vs Warsaw?

Answer: Were going 6 or 7 games

Answer: Nothing spectacular, just let the facial hair run wild

6.  Some people can not grow playoff beards ( I know because Venus can't) what do they do instead? Speculate.

Answer: Not shaving legs or arm pits? lol

Do you think you play better in the playoffs or regular season?

i think it remains to be seem as my player doesn' t get as much ice time as a vet. Since he's still developing.

If you could wish for one  thing to happen in these playoffs and it could not just be to win, what would you wish for? 

i hope we smoke Seattle if we make it to the finals. Can't stand Seattle.

Who do you think will give us the most trouble on the predators?

Latrell Mitchell, he's an ideal two-way defender. I think he'll make it hard on our deep forward group.

Series prediction for Helsinki vs Warsaw?

i think it will go 7 games. But I don't want to be a jinx.

Do you have any particular play off superstitions?

Hockey socks inside out. As well as threading my laces differently on each skate.

Some people can not grow playoff beards ( I know because Venus can't) what do they do instead? Speculate.

Grow long hair. So we all look like Venus and it confuses the opposition. 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:37 PM, BladeMaiden said:

-> Titans S76<--

Week Ending May 2nd 2021

Playoffs and the next level , not the most cohesive pairing this week but i'm sure your answers will score major points regardless   

#Playoff-Parley 

Answer

2. If you could wish for one  thing to happen in these playoffs and it could not just be to win, what would you wish for? 

Answer 

Answer

Answer 

Answer 

6.  Some people can not grow playoff beards ( I know because Venus can't) what do they do instead? Speculate.

Answer

7.  How do you bring your intensity up to match a team that has had the success Warsaw has?

Answer 

Answer 

Answer

Answer 

Answer 

Answer

1) I'm definitely a playoff guy. It's in my blood.

2) Win in impressive fashion, play well as a team and just roll through the playoffs.

3) Dear is definitely a fast skater, same with Lamb and I'm familiar with those two so I know how we can contain them.

4) Titans in 6

5) I always grow out a neckbeard for the playoffs. I did it a few seasons ago and I had the playoffs of my life so I always do that. Other than that, just being the first at the rink helps.

6) Specific gameday routines, maybe grow out playoff hair? I've done it before. It's a good alternative.

100% in the playoffs! Especially this year...I hope I keep it going. 

I'd love to keep my scoring momentum going. It would be great to build off going into the future.

Latrell Mitchell could us all the trouble. To have such a strong defensive player that can turn around and score, its really hard to keep any momentum going with him on the ice.

I'm just a little stitious. If I get a point in the game I eat the same meal the next day before the game. Here is to hoping I score after pre-game tacos!

From what I can tell, or more smell, Venus and the other non-beard growers aren't washing their socks all playoffs long...I need to a get a locker further away from her.

It is always like that in the inter-conference playoffs and that is especially true with Warsaw. We haven't liked each other all year, but I wouldn't want to face anyone else because I want to beat the best teams in the playoffs. No easy roads here. 

1- zamboni is a born performer no matter what

2- celebrating the highs and experiencing the lows together with the team

3- Dear is a great offensive player

4- it will go 7 games

5- no superstitions that are different from the season play

6- they can grow their confidence level or the games

-> Titans S76<--

Week Ending May 2nd 2021

#Playoff-Parley 

Answer My previous player was good no matter what. Not sure about Verlander.

Answer That I played more minutes.

Answer Honestly I would say their top scorer will. 

Answer Helsinki wins it of course.

Answer I do even amount of push ups before every game.

Answer Venus said to buy a big white  Santa Clause beard.  

Answer 

Answer 

Answer

Answer 

Answer 

Answer

Smelling salts before each period. Also our pure hatred within the LR for Warsaw.

Yes things always get more physical during the playoffs. I added to checking specifically for that reason.

I think it would be close but since we stole Thightrap from Warsaw, we have the advantage.

Cut all the asses out of their player gear and remove all the vowels fron their jerseys.

I would say Hitmonchan since a Titan is a fighter or warrior and what warrior doesn't know how to use their fists.

I would say Raikou but a rabid frail version. Since Raikou is powerful and Warsaw is weak.

Answer 

Answer 

Answer

Answer 

Answer 

Answer

7. We just gotta play our game. Our intensity will come as it goes.
8. Definitely. Always physical.
9. Probably Helsinki. @Caboose30 can chirp pretty good, a lot of us can.
10. Fill all their sticks up with water
11. I'm not sure. Maybe an Articuno.
12. Going with another legendary bird in Zapdos.

I didn't answer this before I didn't want to jinx it and I'm glad I didn't!

100% it is the only thing you can do within reason. You don't want to go over board but it impossible not to get hyped up.

We might be one of the more awkward teams in the league. We like each other and enjoy our jokes and chirps but it ends there.

Ooooh! Simple one's are usually the best. Maybe some ghost pepper sauce in the water bottles? Too mean?

The younger players are Nidorina and Nidorino with the vets being Nidoqueen and Nidoking. One big fighting family of Nidos.

12. What pokemon would you say Warsaw is?

They are Hunter, Ganagar, and Gastlys. They are sneaking and can come out nowhere like predators...get it!

Week Ending 5/16 (Answer 3 for 1 TPE or 6 for 2 TPE)

Offseason

1) The offseason tends to be a boring time without training. What do you do to stay motivated and busy?
2) Is there anyone in particular you practice with during the offseason?

3) The WJC and WC usually get underway during the offseason. Do you tune into those at all?

Finals

4) What did you make of our efforts against the Seattle Bears?
5) Things got pretty chippy down there on the benches. How do you think had the best chirps?
6) How big of an achievement is it to get to the finals with such a young group?

Looking Ahead

7) What are your individual expectations heading into next season?
8.) What are our expectations as a team heading into next season?

9) As was announced yesterday, our legendary GM @Jubo will be stepping down. Let's give Jubo some love for his excellent tenure as the Titans GM!

10) What will you work on the most in your game this offseason?
11) The VHL Draft will be on Thursday Night. Has anyone in the draft class caught your eye who you think would look good in Helsinki blue?
12) A few Titans prospects will be making the jump to the big show this season. How excited are you to have a few new faces joining the Blue and White?

35 minutes ago, PatrikLaine said:

Offseason

1) The offseason tends to be a boring time without training. What do you do to stay motivated and busy?

3) The WJC and WC usually get underway during the offseason. Do you tune into those at all?

Finals

5) Things got pretty chippy down there on the benches. How do you think had the best chirps?
6) How big of an achievement is it to get to the finals with such a young group?

Looking Ahead

9) As was announced yesterday, our legendary GM @Jubo will be stepping down. Let's give Jubo some love for his excellent tenure as the Titans GM!

11) The VHL Draft will be on Thursday Night. Has anyone in the draft class caught your eye who you think would look good in Helsinki blue?
12) A few Titans prospects will be making the jump to the big show this season. How excited are you to have a few new faces joining the Blue and White?

Offseason

Be more active in the general channel as there is almost always something happening there

its very fun and you get to spend some more time with your teammates/linemates

I actually got selected to team EU in the WJC so i'm stoked to be there and play representing EU

Finals

Unfortunately i wasn't able to play but i cheered you guys on as much as i could from the stands.  I shouldve cheered more 

Not anyone specific but haven't heard anyone used the "your hair so nappy your momma call me papi" should only be used against people who don't comb their hair.

Very fun to be in the stands and watch you guys play and to advance so far with such a young group.

Looking Ahead

Establish myself in the VHL and talk more in the LR

To at least make the quarters although this is just a guess

Even though i didn't get to know you too well i can see from the people around me that you were an amazing GM! 

Probably defending but i'm just trying to become better at everything 

Not particularly but Z seems promising considering his former players

Very excited to join you guys and cant wait to get on big ice for the first time

53 minutes ago, PatrikLaine said:

Offseason

Finals

Looking Ahead

1) I use my home gym to lift weights  and run outside my home for endurance. 

2) I practice with Kyle Glass in the off season. 

3) I usually check it out for the USA. 

4) We played hard and came up short again.

5) I know I was heckling their top line a lot.

6) I think it’s  bigger if we would’ve won.  

Devote more time to hobbies and clear my mind.

Vaak mostly hangs up the skates for a couple weeks but he's been known to take part in some floor hockey or roller hockey with some friends.

On and off, I am glad they run these during the off-season to fill the void of no VHL/M sims.

Finals

We gave it our best. The passion could be felt from a mile away. Just didn't work out int he end.

5) Things got pretty chippy down there on the benches. Who do you think had the best chirps?
Matty and Emi were throwing some mad chirps. Gotta love those rough and tough dmen stirring things up.

Its always a pleasure taking the conference championship and only seeing one team in your way for the cup.

Offseason

Hoping for some big moves from Helsinki's new GM to help push us over the hump. That's my motivation looking to next season.

We're a pretty tight group here so we'll all be sticking around and training together. We all weren't happy with how the season ended.

My player will be suiting up for Canada so hopefully he can make a difference. Last season was disappointing with no medal.

Finals

I liked the fact we kept 3 of our losses within a goal. I think there's lots of room for improvement.

On Helsinki we chirp as a team we're always there to let Seattle know they fucked up.

i think it's great, but we do have some older vets who will be going through depreciation. We are also potentially losing a top young player in Thightrap. So the next GM will need to make a couple moves to push Helsinki over the top. @PatrikLaine;)

1- I relive the seasons best moments in my mind

2- I try to get vaakanainen to shoot some pucks on me. He is a sniper and I need to stay sharp to save on the leagues best.

3- only when playing in them

4- we tried and tried. That is all you can ask for.

5- I tried to pitch in and chirp players when they were neat the net.

6- this team always does well. We will see of that continues without jubo at the helm of it all. He always filled the teams needs and kept us a top team.

On 5/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, PatrikLaine said:

Offseason

Finals

Looking Ahead

1) I usually host a ProAM tournament along with a few other VHL players, and frequently tune into the WJC and WC.
2) I usually get together with @JigglyGumballs, @BladeMaiden, @MattyIce and a few others. We have some scrimmage fun every offseason, it's a blast.
3) Definitely, helps me improve my hockey IQ.

4) I think we gave them a run for their money, but they were the far better team on paper.
5) There were quite a few good chirpers that entire series but man Gibson @Caboose30 took the cake. He was absolutely giving it to them.
6) I mean, its an excellent achievement but you're never there to just be there, you're there to win.

• I actually appreciate the time revisit how the year went and how to improve on the next season. Having a few weeks of training to focus on general improvement versus reacting to games is great.

• I like to get back to my adopted home of San Diego and work out with the VHLM players. It's fun to play a little seriously and just work out there.

• I am a big WJC fan. Having players only being able to compete once or maybe twice makes for a lot more fun. Plus it is a great way to see burgeoning players shine that weren't able to have minutes in the VHLM.

• It was much closer than the series looked from a games perspective. Maybe that makes it hurt more...I'm proud of the team. A couple of different bounces and we could have taken 1,2, or 3 of the first 3 games.

• It's great but sad that we couldn't get it down for Jubo!

• I'd like to build on the 25 goals and hit that again and maybe even flirt with 30 goals. I would really like to see a massive jump in assists and a positive plus/minus.

On 5/10/2021 at 10:23 AM, PatrikLaine said:

Offseason

Finals

Looking Ahead

1. I practice lots of hockey and play video games.

2. No, not really.

3. No, I do not tune into them. Though I applied to be a GM and failed, but hope I can get it next season.

7. I want to win the VHLM MVP and help Minnesota win the finals.

8. I think you guys are good enough to get pretty far.

10. Probably my defense, because I am a defenseman, and my offense was better than my defense this past season.

There are not any new questions here this week. So I will ask some for the Titans.

:hel::hel::hel::hel::hel:

1- What is your best memory from last season?

2- Who do you sit beside in the locker room?

3- How important is playoff experience to you?

4- Name the best concession food you have had in a sports facility.

5- What do you do to pass time on a plane or bus ride?

6- Are you playing any video games over the offseason?

There are not any new questions here this week. So I will ask some for the Titans.

:hel::hel::hel::hel::hel:

1- What is your best memory from last season?

Advancing to the founders cup finals.  Nothing better than hearing the goal horn make noise and you know that you are going to advance

2- Who do you sit beside in the locker room?

Laine seems like a really cool person and i love to hear about his first impressions about becoming the GM of Minnesota

3- How important is playoff experience to you?

It is of course the highlight of my year but if a team has to tank for a year i dont really mind

4- Name the best concession food you have had in a sports facility.

Tacos!

5- What do you do to pass time on a plane or bus ride?

Play som clash of clans and just play mobile games in general

6- Are you playing any video games over the offseason?

I started clash of clans and i have been getting really into it.

1- the playoff hype was strong, enjoyed sharing the excitement with great teammates

2- Spaz still sneaks in and takes the spot beside vaak lol

3- very important each and every season

4- love a nice soft pretzel

5- play Mario Kart on my phone

6- started playing wow classic