HC Davos Dynamo Press Conference

ShawnGlade

On 4/14/2020 at 1:50 PM, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 4/19:

1. You get to fire me as GM and replace me with ANY other member of the league. Who do you pick?

2. Last week, @Proto became a filthy deserter when he left to go run the VHLM's Las Vegas Aces. What do you buy him as a going-away present?

3. You get an all-expenses-paid trip to any country on Earth. Where do you go and what do you do?

4. In between losing games, the team likes to host events--whether it's a community service project or a meet-and-greet with fans, there's always something going on. What's your idea for something that will draw in more people and expand our fanbase?

5. I was recently hired as a member of the BoG! What can I do to represent you, the players?

6. What's your most creative move in the shootout?

1.  You're alright, I wouldn't fire you

2. hot cheetos and a 40

3. Scotland  and do absolutely nothing

4. free hot cheetos and 40s?  We can do a public skate after games on sunday!

5.  I'm not sure but I will think of something

6.  Stopping the puck

For the week ending 4/26:

1. The trade deadline has passed us by, and the one move made by team management was to ship out @Anthony Matthews for inactive Pat Svoboda and a 3rd-round pick. How will our former noted press conference critic do in Vancouver--better, as he's playing with better players, or worse, because he's no longer the team's highest-TPE player?

2. You hear noises coming from your locker, so you look over. Pekka Pouta (@Snussu) just retired, and you think he's walking out with some of your stuff. What do you look for first, to make sure it's still there?

3. We picked up a 4-1 win over New York today! What are you doing to celebrate?

4. Speaking of New York, they are, most unfortunately, one of the league's best teams as of late, surging out of the bottom of the standings and threatening to make the playoffs in the NA conference. Do they succeed, and if so, how do I handle the pain of not having 3 of the draft's top 4 picks?

5. Roque Davis is having a great season, leading all rookies in points and most recently breaking into the top 5 for all defensemen. What type of player do you feel he needs to support him and help him run up the numbers even more in coming seasons?

6. Every single person on Reddit suddenly decides that they no longer want to click the VHL link. Recruitment slows to a crawl, and the league is forced to contract, picking Davos as a target for no good reason. Now that you're without a team, where do you hope you end up when our leftovers are moved elsewhere?

@RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @xDParK @StamkosFan

1. The trade deadline has passed us by, and the one move made by team management was to ship out @Anthony Matthews for inactive Pat Svoboda and a 3rd-round pick. How will our former noted press conference critic do in Vancouver--better, as he's playing with better players, or worse, because he's no longer the team's highest-TPE player?

I think he'll do fine, production might drop though.

2. You hear noises coming from your locker, so you look over. Pekka Pouta (@Snussu) just retired, and you think he's walking out with some of your stuff. What do you look for first, to make sure it's still there?

I'm afraid he cleared my locker instead of his own!

Work hard play hard. To be honest, we are dominating New York so much, I don't think one victory is worth noting anymore.

4. Speaking of New York, they are, most unfortunately, one of the league's best teams as of late, surging out of the bottom of the standings and threatening to make the playoffs in the NA conference. Do they succeed, and if so, how do I handle the pain of not having 3 of the draft's top 4 picks?

"Find ways to distract yourself from pain so you enjoy life more.
  1. Learn deep breathing or meditation to help you relax.
  2. Reduce stress in your life.
  3. Cut back on alcohol, which can worsen sleep problems.
  4. Join a support group."

5. Roque Davis is having a great season, leading all rookies in points and most recently breaking into the top 5 for all defensemen. What type of player do you feel he needs to support him and help him run up the numbers even more in coming seasons?

Fernando Jokinen- type of player.

6. Every single person on Reddit suddenly decides that they no longer want to click the VHL link. Recruitment slows to a crawl, and the league is forced to contract, picking Davos as a target for no good reason. Now that you're without a team, where do you hope you end up when our leftovers are moved elsewhere?

I feel like this is aimed specifically at someone...

Now the nightmares are back, damn you.

I would refuse it. It can't be happening. Impossible. I would refuse of it ever happening.

Davos lives on as long as I'm here, you can't get rid of something that's treasured in my heart. And Davos is there, and will be there.

2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Less ice time and probably more points, I am excited to have a BoltBro on the team.

He can have whatever, not like it was doing me much good anyway

Why celebrate?  I thought we were used to beating NY

I thought a buffalo fan would be happy not having a high pick.

The whole team could use a goal scorer

anywhere but the SHL

On 4/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, GustavMattias said:

@RunnerBert11 @DirtyDerek @Thranduil @Frank @cpetrella @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @xDParK @StamkosFan

1. I hope he does well out there.

2. Ill just let him go. Can't be worth much anyways.

3. Big win. Its nice to start beating some decent teams.

4. I really hope they dont make it. Im not a big fan of them over there.

5. Yeah, he is having a hell of a season. Its nice to see, thats for sure. Im not sure the exact piece but if we can find another d partner that compliments him, i think they could be lethal.

6. Yikes, thatd be brutal. I have no clue how to even answer that one to be honest.

1. The trade deadline has passed us by, and the one move made by team management was to ship out @Anthony Matthews for inactive Pat Svoboda and a 3rd-round pick. How will our former noted press conference critic do in Vancouver--better, as he's playing with better players, or worse, because he's no longer the team's highest-TPE player?

How could it get any worse?  Like aside from having to deal with HHH again (I'm the reason for his success in Yukon), it's a team that can win....and winning means scoring goals, something Davos needs to learn how to do...they need someone that can score goals.

Pekka wouldn't mess with me.  We have a bond,  we would always screw with the GM.  That was some great fun! Like the time we....

Winning my own game ;)

Are you serious bro?  You are going to get upset about not having 3 of the top 4?  I see your whole plan - it's just like Edmonton of that NHL, get all the top picks you can, you are bound to get one or two right.

5. Roque Davis is having a great season, leading all rookies in points and most recently breaking into the top 5 for all defensemen. What type of player do you feel he needs to support him and help him run up the numbers even more in coming seasons?

Someone who can win faceoffs and pass him the puck...a veteran leader, perhaps one that is on his way out of the league...

Sucks to be in that situation.  I won't have to worry about that.  Unless of course HHH decides to cozy up to the Vancouver GM and get me moved out of there because he is jealous to share the spotlight, or admit he needs help.

For the week ending 5/3:

1. DAVOS HAS THREE OF THE TOP FOUR PICKS IN THE DRAFT. Which superstars do we need? Who on this list looks good to you?

2. The team goes out for dinner one last time for the season. Which player do you make pay for your food, and do you go all in or as cheap as possible?

3. What's something that you do on a regular basis that most other people do not?

4. You get to master any one musical instrument, instantly. What do you pick?

5. With Malmo and Helsinki both rebuilding, the bottom of the European Conference might not be so obvious. Who finishes last? Do we finally crawl out of it?

6. Who wins the Cup this season? Davos, Helsinki, New York, and Toronto have been eliminated.

1. DAVOS HAS THREE OF THE TOP FOUR PICKS IN THE DRAFT. Which superstars do we need? Who on this list looks good to you?

SS Hornet, a fellow Finnish player Vaakanainen and Latrell Mitchell or General Zod.

2. The team goes out for dinner one last time for the season. Which player do you make pay for your food, and do you go all in or as cheap as possible?

Roque Davis pays up. He had a great season as a rookie, I need to make sure it doesn't get to his head too badly.

3. What's something that you do on a regular basis that most other people do not?

Practice public speaking.

Piano, no doubt.

5. With Malmo and Helsinki both rebuilding, the bottom of the European Conference might not be so obvious. Who finishes last? Do we finally crawl out of it?

Helsinki finishes last. We'll catch up easily.

6. Who wins the Cup this season? Davos, Helsinki, New York, and Toronto have been eliminated.

Vancouver, I guess. Or Moscow.

10 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

DAVOS HAS THREE OF THE TOP FOUR PICKS IN THE DRAFT. Which superstars do we need? Who on this list looks good to you?

Jungkok, he is my teammate in San Diego, and is very active, a great hitter, and scorer.

17 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/3:

1. I haven't looked too much into the draft at this point. Just been focusing on the season. But from the quick look I had, I would go with SS Hornet, Latrell Mitchell and I like Gino DiGiannantonio.

2. I'm making Roque pay 100%. With the season he is having, he should be getting PAID soon. But I would keep it as cheap as I can for him.

3. I play a lot of video games. Its basically my season and offseason time killer. Get on with the boys and just play.

4. I would pick the piano. Always wanted to learn it but just never had the time.

5. I think we got what it takes to crawl out of it. I could see Helsinki falling into the bottom though.

6. That's a tough one. If I had to pick, I would say at this point you would have to favour Vancouver. But I like DC as a dark horse.

1. DAVOS HAS THREE OF THE TOP FOUR PICKS IN THE DRAFT. Which superstars do we need? Who on this list looks good to you?

We're in a good position where it seems like we can't lose, but I like Hornet and any of those d-men

I'm always cheap but we'll let the rookie pay.

Kiss my wife

Slide Guitar

Definitely

Moscow again, why not?

• Commissioner

SS Hornet, Valtteri Vaakanainen, Robin Winter are all studs that we would be lucky to have. 

I'd offer to pay, the boys fed me all season so it's my turn to give back to the team.

Ride a motorcycle, keeps the adrenaline pumping in between games.

Piano, already play everything else moderately well so might as well get my monies worth.

I'm not sure we could have caught up to them but next season I think we make a decent push in the conference.

I think Moscow has a very good chance at a repeat this season. Otherwise maybe Seattle can take this one home.

For the week ending 5/10:

1. It will be the offseason for a while longer. How do you plan on spending your sim-checking time?

2. Which of our prospects do you think has the best future with Davos? If you're unfamiliar with our prospect pool, go here and take a look at the "finances" tab to see everyone we've got in the minors.

3. The first round of the playoffs ended, and we saw Moscow beat Malmo, Riga beat Prague, Vancouver beat Calgary, and Seattle beat DC. Are you surprised by any of these?

4. Another GM tries to tamper you. Who would you be least surprised to see in your DMs? 

5. @Josh is trying to get you in on his crazy skin-care routine. What did he tell you to put on your face this morning?

6. This season marks the second season of my own leadership in Davos. What do you like? What don't you like? Is there anything you'd like to see me do for the team that I'm not doing right now?

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

Another GM tries to tamper you. Who would you be least surprised to see in your DMs?

@Proto  @Proto @Proto proto probably has tampered over 15 people by now.

1. It will be the offseason for a while longer. How do you plan on spending your sim-checking time?

Patiently waiting for the sims to begin.

2. Which of our prospects do you think has the best future with Davos? If you're unfamiliar with our prospect pool, go here and take a look at the "finances" tab to see everyone we've got in the minors.

Alex Bridges is the standout for me

3. The first round of the playoffs ended, and we saw Moscow beat Malmo, Riga beat Prague, Vancouver beat Calgary, and Seattle beat DC. Are you surprised by any of these?

Seattle won wow

4. Another GM tries to tamper you. Who would you be least surprised to see in your DMs? 

Beaviss, because he is a commissioner. Or Victor, because I doubt he'd ever tamper, in a serious manner.

5. @Josh is trying to get you in on his crazy skin-care routine. What did he tell you to put on your face this morning?

Mud and clay mix is apparently the current hot trend in the skinworld

6. This season marks the second season of my own leadership in Davos. What do you like? What don't you like? Is there anything you'd like to see me do for the team that I'm not doing right now?

For me, I think everything has been pretty much smooth sailing so far. The memery has calmed down somewhat, which is good. I'll leave my complains on your desk in the pile of complaint files :D

1 hour ago, GustavMattias said:

For the week ending 5/10:

1. I have no idea. I have an addiction to checking sim results. Luckily it only takes me a few minutes per day haha.

2. Im a big fan of @Alex Bridges and @Ferda . They've been lighting it up this year and i have no doubt they can make the transition to the big league. I also think @PadStack could be a huge part of the team in a couple of years. Also I can't leave @Lockdown Defense out of the conversation. His growth from last season to this season has been really nice to see. He could definitely help out our back end for years to come.

3. Not really to be honest. I was kinda hoping DC would take down Seattle, because I still have a few friends over there, but it just wasn't meant to be.

4. Definitely @Enorama, that guy is nothing but trouble over there. 

5. I really wasn't listening to be honest. All I remember him saying as that he found a new use for mustard.

6. I am content with everything right now. You're doing a good job, and I really like the direction this team is heading.

video games

2. Which of our prospects do you think has the best future with Davos? If you're unfamiliar with our prospect pool, go here and take a look at the "finances" tab to see everyone we've got in the minors.

That's tough because they're all pretty good guys

Not really.

4. Another GM tries to tamper you. Who would you be least surprised to see in your DMs?  You mean someone else would want me? 

5. @Josh is trying to get you in on his crazy skin-care routine. What did he tell you to put on your face this morning?

The lotion, or else I get the hose again

more ice cream socials and more banning racists

• Commissioner

I think this song explains what my plans are for the offseason very well. https://open.spotify.com/track/5W3cjX2J3tjhG8zb6u0qHn?si=0tYe8RyHTLyAEfg-JoYIxA

Joakim Bruden could be the goalie of the future for the team but it remains to be seen if he can make the jump.

Not really, the favored team won each round. More curious about who's going to win Van/Seattle as they're both favorites.

Probably Beav, he's been into me for a long time. It might not even be VHL related tampering.

Cleanser and moisturizer, it's not that complicated people. ???

I think the team is heading in the proper direction and don't have any complaints other than the death threats in your trivia posts.

For the week ending 5/17! Finally I get some question ideas that aren't stupid.

1. Davos is already in the free agent game, trading for the rights to Acyd Burn and staring intently at ACL TEAR, who was allowed yesterday to enter the market early. What is the number one reason, to you, why @Acydburn and @Quik should sign with us?

2. A thing or two is being shifted around, and it's starting to look like Davos will make a run at greatness. Is it possible that we break into the league's top tier this season?

3. Prospects Alex Bridges and Vin Calia have made their way up from the VHLM! What do you do to welcome them?

4. The draft lottery went exactly as I hoped, as Davos is now in control of picks 1, 2, and 4 in this draft. Do I pick Hornet and Winter, like I said I would, or do I say "sike" and do other things?

5. When do you think you will hit your peak as a player, personally? Which season?

6. You have to explain the VHL to someone who's never heard of it. What do you tell them?

@DirtyDerek @Frank @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @xDParK @Acydburn @Alex Bridges @VinCal @PadStack

2 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Davos is already in the free agent game, trading for the rights to Acyd Burn and staring intently at ACL TEAR, who was allowed yesterday to enter the market early. What is the number one reason, to you, why @Acydburn and @Quik should sign with us? Because we’re better than anybody else’s team so they should definitely sign with us already... smh my head.

2. A thing or two is being shifted around, and it's starting to look like Davos will make a run at greatness. Is it possible that we break into the league's top tier this season? I hope so, I think we have the tools to do it, we just need to use them correctly.

3. Prospects Alex Bridges and Vin Calia have made their way up from the VHLM! What do you do to welcome them? Hmm.. i’m not sure how to welcome myself to Davos.. but for Vin.. I say I will look forward to meeting him.

4. The draft lottery went exactly as I hoped, as Davos is now in control of picks 1, 2, and 4 in this draft. Do I pick Hornet and Winter, like I said I would, or do I say "sike" and do other things? Do whatever you want, your the GM, I like them both, and they are gud.

5. When do you think you will hit your peak as a player, personally? Which season? Hmm.. i’m thinking around S73-S75 Will be good years for me.

6. You have to explain the VHL to someone who's never heard of it. What do you tell them?

Like Be a Pro but better.

1. Davos is already in the free agent game, trading for the rights to Acyd Burn and staring intently at ACL TEAR, who was allowed yesterday to enter the market early. What is the number one reason, to you, why @Acydburn and @Quik should sign with us?

Does one need a reason to join Davos? People should be delighted at the great opportunity to join Davos!

2. A thing or two is being shifted around, and it's starting to look like Davos will make a run at greatness. Is it possible that we break into the league's top tier this season?

Easily. Playoff spot guaranteed. Not sure about #1 in the standings, but damn close to it.

3. Prospects Alex Bridges and Vin Calia have made their way up from the VHLM! What do you do to welcome them?

Make them pay for the bills and collect the pucks after practice. Some pranks here and there. Nothing out of the norm.

4. The draft lottery went exactly as I hoped, as Davos is now in control of picks 1, 2, and 4 in this draft. Do I pick Hornet and Winter, like I said I would, or do I say "sike" and do other things?

Get those two, agreed 100%

5. When do you think you will hit your peak as a player, personally? Which season?

The season before regression kicks in.

Really simply, it is somewhat like NHL be a pro, but with a community of great people in it, purely a simulation and a lot more in depth than be a pro. You earn points and with them you build your player however you like.

17 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Because Davos Good.  Best locker room in the VHL

Depends on when our Free Agents sign with us

Bake Them Cookies?

Stick to your guns.

Next Season

It's a hockey site where you create your own guy, storylines, drama, etc.  And as a bonus, you get to beat New York Every year.

22 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

1. Davos is already in the free agent game, trading for the rights to Acyd Burn and staring intently at ACL TEAR, who was allowed yesterday to enter the market early. What is the number one reason, to you, why  and should sign with us?

Because, not breaking the time space continuum 

*nods as if i didnt just join the team and have 0 idea what im talking about*

I ask them to give me the tour! C-cuz.. im newer..

Double sike. Make everyone think you're making shitty picks so they make moves to acquire #3 and screw themselves over, then make actual intelligent pick.

Probably in my 5th VHL season, but i'm honestly not sure.

It's a collective community with the drive and goal to simulate the hockey aspects of the lives of individual ice hockey players through growth, trading, contract signing, and locker room shit shooting.

• Commissioner
On 5/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, GustavMattias said:

1. Davos is already in the free agent game, trading for the rights to Acyd Burn and staring intently at ACL TEAR, who was allowed yesterday to enter the market early. What is the number one reason, to you, why Acydburn and Quik should sign with us?

Who the fuck are those guys?

Maybe, still need a top line *cough*

Drink out of a skate?

McWolf and Sonnet

Never

Lies

On 5/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, GustavMattias said:

@DirtyDerek @Frank @Tyler @Ahma @Josh @Brrbisbrr @xDParK @Acydburn @Alex Bridges @VinCal @PadStack

1. I think our future is looking bright and in a few years we will be one of the top dogs in the VHL

2. I think its definitely possible, we got a good group of guys over here

3. I'll definitely congratulate them when I see them. Making the jump is tough but its a lot of fun

4. Im not too sure to be honest. I haven't really looked at the draft class this year, but im sure whoever we get will be great

5. I have no idea, hopefully it hasnt happened yet

6. I tell them that is a online hockey sim league