Finals Game 7: Helsinki vs Toronto (Livesim)

Devise

1 minute ago, BOOM™ said:

Edited until you post the summary. I got caught up in the live sim

Your good. 

Sorry Helsinki you guys are a good team and a good group of members. See you for the rematch next season? :P 

So someone has to say it...basically until we have a non GM simming the playoffs these games will have seriously negative stigma. How this has been allowed for a second straight season is irredeemably nonsensical. Throw yet another asterisk on the winning team of the Victory Cup which is supposed to be the top award of a player and GM's career. But boy does this cast a dark cloud. Hate to say it. The inside knowledge of how the sim operates and its applied seasonal settings is incredibly valuable.

2 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

So someone has to say it...basically until we have a non GM simming the playoffs these games will have seriously negative stigma. How this has been allowed for a second straight season is irredeemably nonsensical. Throw yet another asterisk on the winning team of the Victory Cup which is supposed to be the top award of a player and GM's career. But boy does this cast a dark cloud. Hate to say it. The inside knowledge of how the sim operates and its applied seasonal settings is incredibly valuable.

“Congrats to my team”

7 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Lol Victory Cup

Also yawn most GMs have very good understanding of the sim engine at this point 

I mean, I’m not accusing but I do agree with @Jubo07 that of all people who shouldn’t be simulating... it’s a GM. For the very purpose of negativity and there’ll always be the “what”. Sure, “I’ve been on the site 10 ****ing years, why would I cheat”, “what’s it do for me” etc. Who knows. We’re all on this site to win and be the best whether it be at being a player or GM. 

Not saying it happened at all. I’m just thinking it’s best we move on from a GM simulating so that we avoid these conversations and accusations in the future. Just my thoughts. At the end of the day, not a pressing issue - my team will shit the bed 1st round every time no mater who sims :) 

grats

Literally live sim 5 of 7 games (was intending on doing all 7, but had to get sims done when I did/circumtance) and still people think something is fishy? There is no extra inside knowledge of how the sim operates. Not more than any of the other GM's who've been here just as long as me. Also I'll say again, we've had GM's be simmers before tons. Will and Jardy come to mind as examples. 

Just so you guys are aware, the only way for someone to "rig" something in the sim would be if I deleted the game file that it outputs after I hit simulate, and then reload an older version of the index back before the game happened. Hence why when I live sim....there is literally 0% chance of foul play involved. 

As for simming, Beketov is taking VHL next season and me VHLM, and then we will alternate every other season due to work load. Anyway, I'm not going to get into responses about this stuff, I've talked with Bek about it before the finals even started....and we are confident in our simming team. It'd be nice if members put the salt away for half a second to see that too. But I get it, obviously it's not a conflict of interest when OTHER GM's sim...but when I do, it is. *laughs* 

Edited by Devise

2 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Lol Victory Cup

lol yes the proper name for the trophy. 'Continental Cup' makes no logical sense. Is there a separate playoff based on teams from each continent?

4 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Also yawn most GMs have very good understanding of the sim engine at this point 

Exactly the way of thinking that leads to a lack of change or at least discussion and consideration.

1 minute ago, Jubo07 said:

lol yes the proper name for the trophy. 'Continental Cup' makes no logical sense. Is there a separate playoff based on teams from each continent?

Yes actually that is how it started. And the idea is to return to conferences again next season. NA and Europe. 

2 minutes ago, Jubo07 said:

Exactly the way of thinking that leads to a lack of change or at least discussion and consideration.

Yes, because if there's one thing to accuse the VHL of over the past 20 seasons, it's the lack of change.

Who is going to sim then? If not a GM, then a player on a team, that still has GM input. Unless there is a rotating roster of simmers, so a game can be simmed by someone with zero affiliation to either team. 

By the way, congratulations Toronto. 

6 minutes ago, BOOM™ said:

Who is going to sim then? If not a GM, then a player on a team, that still has GM input. Unless there is a rotating roster of simmers, so a game can be simmed by someone with zero affiliation to either team. 

By the way, congratulations Toronto. 

In before whomever lands Thompson wins it all next season and then @Beketov is accused of it. :P