VHL Countdown: North American Expansion

Last week I projected a few destinations for a future VHL team in the European Conference, the Munich Monsters. Since Munich would make the VHL 11 teams, this week I’ll look at the top three cities destined for a North American club in the VHL to put the league at 12 teams. 

Right now, the North American Conference consists of five teams: Vancouver, Seattle, Toronto, Calgary, and New York (see the map below). These cities are nothing but frigid cold in the winter and leave the VHL players wondering why they don’t get sunshine all-year-round like fellow professional in the SBA and EFL. With only 2 American teams, it is obvious to bring the balance to the league and add another team in the “home of the ‘brave’”. The VHL Player’s Association has stressed the need for a destination location for their players during the lengthy road trips, mainly so the players can relax, unwind, and have a real nice few days off. 

That being said, let’s look at our top 3 destination locations for North American VHL expansion:

3. Palo Alto, California, USA

1*7u0wTqNoS4MX_DfGxEsiOA.png

Possible team name: Palo Alto Pirates

The Pirates would be a suiting name for the tecky start-up entrepreneurs of Silicon Valley. The only problem is millennials don’t like the same things for too long so a long-term VHL team may be unstable – unless it’s funded by those same entrepreneurs (which may also be unstable). Palo Alto comes in at number three. 

2. Miami, Florida, USA

a8157c9d-2f4d-4c0c-8c41-5650ad361bfe.hw5.jpg

Possible team name: Miami Flamingos

The Flamingos in their hot pink uniforms would razzle and dazzle the VHL. It’s a nice place, but due to the focus on partying, cocaine, and drug smuggling, this possible VHL city has bumped to number 2 on the list. 

1. Hawaii, USA

24631589900_a51ef91abc_b.jpg

Possible team names: Hawaii/Honolulu Volcanic, Hawaii/Honolulu Hive, Waikiki Wasps

Let's look at the runner-up logo for the Hawaii expansion. The Volcanic logo:

Pgk8cle.png

And introducing, my favourite logo for a Hawaiian VHL expansion, made by me, myself, and I, the Waikiki Wasps logo:

233UJgu.png

Hawaii is the prime location for a VHL expansion team and although it is not officially inside the continent of North America, it is governed by the USA, and therefore falls under North American jurisdiction making it the perfect non-North American, North American expansion club for the VHL. Waikiki is a well known for it's famous beach and prime location in the city of Honolulu. This was voted #1 by the players of the VHL. See you on the ice on the Big Island!!! Mahalo!

CorruptChiefGar-small.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by Motzaburger

2 minutes ago, uphillmoss said:

This is awesome. However, why is there anything on here besides Hawaii. That is the only place that even needs to be considered for this. Every where else has no chance

Colorado begs to differ