Where Would YOU Like to See the VHL Expand to?

Corco

Poll Link

Today I created a half joking, half serious media spot highlighting where I would personally want/predict the VHL to expand to, should it ever somehow expand to the same size as the current NHL. But now, I'm more interested in seeing what the rest of the league thinks. Please fill out the linked Google Forms page and let me know what locations YOU would want to see in the VHL; I plan to use the results for an upcoming media spot.

I'm interested in seeing what joke locations will be popular, as well as what serious locations will be popular; I'm not placing any restrictions on cities that have had VHL teams in the past either, so don't be shy. If I had to guess, I would say that Germany will likely have a bunch of votes (why was Cologne even removed anyway? That's a serious question actually, I wasn't here when it was contracted and I'm not super sure as to why it was), as well as Montreal/Quebec; we will see though.

@Members

Edited by Corco

• Admin
Just now, Corco said:

(why was Cologne even removed anyway? That's a serious question actually, I wasn't here when it was contracted and I'm not super sure as to why it was)

I also wasn't here, but I assume it had to be one of Cologne and Quebec and 1) Quebec was in the midst of 4 straight finals and 2) Cologne had just been run into the ground by Anderson.

I too think it's a great shame but then that would have been the case for any of the 9 non-Stockholm franchises. And even Stockholm had a dope logo.

Miami                                                             Munich                                                         Hawaii                                                                Hawaii

NL5WuGP.pnguwwq2nK.pngYOduz5S.png233UJgu.png

I'll just put these here and hide the other one I made until @Banackock approves relocation request

Edited by Motzaburger

I actually pitched the Chicago Swarm (and ode to the MOB life of Chicago) but with a Wasp logo. It was turned down in favour of a failed VHLM team ran by Robbie that was a dark period in the VHLM's history. Too bad I wasn't given the keys to that vehicle.

Just now, Kendrick said:

I actually pitched the Chicago Swarm (and ode to the MOB life of Chicago) but with a Wasp logo. It was turned down in favour of a failed VHLM team ran by Robbie that was a dark period in the VHLM's history. Too bad I wasn't given the keys to that vehicle.

7 minutes ago, Motzaburger said:

Miami                                                             Munich                                                         Hawaii                                                                Hawaii

NL5WuGP.pnguwwq2nK.pngYOduz5S.png233UJgu.png

I'll just put these here and hide the other one I made until @Banackock approves relocation request

?

I have a whole list of possible expansion places somewhere from when we were expanding the VHLM.....

Let me see if I can find that.

Edit: I went back like 15 pages and couldn't find it.

Go to New Jersey

Edited by Spade18

54 minutes ago, Corco said:

Poll Link

Today I created a half joking, half serious media spot highlighting where I would personally want/predict the VHL to expand to, should it ever somehow expand to the same size as the current NHL. But now, I'm more interested in seeing what the rest of the league thinks. Please fill out the linked Google Forms page and let me know what locations YOU would want to see in the VHL; I plan to use the results for an upcoming media spot.

I'm interested in seeing what joke locations will be popular, as well as what serious locations will be popular; I'm not placing any restrictions on cities that have had VHL teams in the past either, so don't be shy. If I had to guess, I would say that Germany will likely have a bunch of votes (why was Cologne even removed anyway? That's a serious question actually, I wasn't here when it was contracted and I'm not super sure as to why it was), as well as Montreal/Quebec; we will see though.

@Members

Should get Newfoundland in for a team 

If we ever do expand, or even relocate a European Conference team, Cologne needs to come back 100% IMO.

1 minute ago, predsfan59 said:

I would like to see a Nashville team

Yes. Need more southern expansion. Nashville, Houston (although I think there's a VHLM team now?)/Austin, Kansas City, etc...

If we were to do 32, I'd be inclined to go 4 conferences; Canada by itself, USA by itself, Europe, and Asia/Oceania. 

8 Canadian and 8 American should be easy, and we're only 2 away from 8 Europe (Germany would be one, then maybe London if we're going recognizable or Bratislava or so if we're going more hockey related).

8 Asia/Oceania would be more of a task. Australia could have one, as could New Zealand, Japan, China, South Korea. Maybe an eastern Russian team. Maybe Singapore, or Dubai, or Kazakhstan.

Just now, flyersfan1453 said:

If we ever do expand, or even relocate a European Conference team, Cologne needs to come back 100% IMO.

Yes. Need more southern expansion. Nashville, Houston (although I think there's a VHLM team now?)/Austin, Kansas City, etc...

Yes, thank you for agreeing.