Miami Marauders AGM Hiring Thread - HIRED

Ricer13

5028F8E7-1DE1-4EB8-84BA-023DE5580F51.png.a4683785a47d416737e7a87ddc8ec3ea.png

These are exciting times in the VHLM. I am proud and humbled to be apart of this expansion process as the Miami Marauders first General Manager and I am looking for someone to join the ride with me. I will be leaving this thread here until after the playoffs have ended but wanted to give ample time for everyone to apply.

What I am looking for in an Assistant GM is:

-Activity: I want someone who will be a great locker room presence and can help build a sociable atmosphere in the Discord LR as well as in the forums.

-Recruitment: Assisting I’m recruiting and helping new members as they join the league and making the transition as smooth as possible to keep them around. 

Any additional tasks will be discussed upon hiring!

Good luck to all those who apply! 

Edited by Ricer13

I am applying for sure!!

I would love to be an AGM here, I would like to start a new franchise and be part of the beggining of something great! I am very active, good in locker rooms, I can help you with lines as I was the gold champion with Europe in this past WJC, I would surelly help in recruiting and I could cover you when you can't be active, and the gap isn't too long therefore we can easily comunicate

I hope you give me a shot!!

Greeting Krice,

I already told you I am going to try and be as serious as possible in this, so here I go... grab some popcorn and a camera, this will be funny. I am your best option here Mr. Krice. I am as active as a gym rat, and if you think i’m active in the Yukon LR, just you wait, i’m way more active in San Diego, and Davos, teams that I play for, and if I get hired, I will be just that active in Miami as well! Back when I was in my rookie season in San Diego, I was their team scout, and when I became AGM I even got to help with the draft. I am wanting one more chance at an AGM position and I think Miami is the place for me. I am also very good at keeping locker rooms active, and positive. I am great at welcoming new people and showing them around.. or at least that’s what fong said... anyways - I think I am the perfect fit for your team, and would be more than glad to be your first ever AGM. 

Yours truly,

The 6 foot 3, 198 pounds of beauty, Alex Bridges

Hey! I'd love to be an AGM for ya. I have the VHL GM experience so I already know what I'm doing. Would love to get back into the GM world. A fun fact is I actually started off my GM career as the expansion GM for Halifax, so it would be cool to start both my GM eras off with expansion franchises!

Are there benefits that come with being AGM? Does each team only have one AGM? I'm too new to apply but genuinely curious about the role!

3 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Are there benefits that come with being AGM? Does each team only have one AGM? I'm too new to apply but genuinely curious about the role!

No such thing as being too new, a VHLM AGM is probably the most entry level you can get as far as jobs here.

Benefits include the possibility of 1 TPE/week of capped job pay (if your GM splits their pay with you) and getting to have some input on the guidance of a VHLM team. The biggest benefit by far though is that you learn about GMing and set yourself up with the skills you'd need to be a GM yourself one day.

TLDR; you should apply

3 hours ago, Enorama said:

No such thing as being too new, a VHLM AGM is probably the most entry level you can get as far as jobs here.

Benefits include the possibility of 1 TPE/week of capped job pay (if your GM splits their pay with you) and getting to have some input on the guidance of a VHLM team. The biggest benefit by far though is that you learn about GMing and set yourself up with the skills you'd need to be a GM yourself one day.

TLDR; you should apply

TLDR: I apply

Alrighty then, I'd make a great AGM because I'm learning things alongside all our new draft picks. I'm a great organizer and community builder who can build an energy around a team through discord messages, forum posts, and articles. I'm working from home so I'm active online a lot.

My first article - a junior review of "Groovy Dood's Excellent Adventure" - went live today and best summarizes my general philosophy towards life: do things well and hold yourself to a high standard, but don't take yourself too seriously and have lots of fun.

I apply ✌️

Edited by bigAL
added link to article

4 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

-Activity: I want someone who will be a great locker room presence and can help build a sociable atmosphere in the Discord LR as well as in the forums.

-Recruitment: Assisting I’m recruiting and helping new members as they join the league and making the transition as smooth as possible to keep them around. 

Would like to apply myself, LMK if you need details on the above :D

4 hours ago, bigAL said:

Well uhm.. there is a benefit or two. You get power over the players, and your GM gets 2 TPE extra per week, and if he wants he can spilt the TPE 50/50 with you. And yea, so far, every team has only had one AGM, possibly in the future it might change though! Welcome tot he league.

4 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Greeting Krice,

I already told you I am going to try and be as serious as possible in this, so here I go... grab some popcorn and a camera, this will be funny. I am your best option here Mr. Krice. I am as active as a gym rat, and if you think i’m active in the Yukon LR, just you wait, i’m way more active in San Diego, and Davos, teams that I play for, and if I get hired, I will be just that active in Miami as well! Back when I was in my rookie season in San Diego, I was their team scout, and when I became AGM I even got to help with the draft. I am wanting one more chance at an AGM position and I think Miami is the place for me. I am also very good at keeping locker rooms active, and positive. I am great at welcoming new people and showing them around.. or at least that’s what fong said... anyways - I think I am the perfect fit for your team, and would be more than glad to be your first ever AGM. 

Yours truly,

Ricer, pick him

42 minutes ago, DarkSpyro said:

I nominate @Patrik Tallinder if he’s interested, you 2 would be a dynamic duo just like S69 on the Hounds!

19 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

What about you?

I'm really excited for the new team, and especially with @Ricer13 as the GM, I'd love to be a part of it. However, although I have a lot of time now, after quarantine comes to an end I'm not sure I'll have the time for two VHL jobs. So here's my solution:

@DarkSpyro, you would truly be a great candidate for this. It's ultimately up to you if you want to apply, but I know you'd be amazing at helping to establish a good culture in a brand new locker room. I agree with Ricer here. What about you?

I stand by what I said about wanting to help this team though. What do you say we get the band back together, I could help out with the locker room (I know I wasn't the most active with the Hounds, but I've gotten more active in other locker rooms as time has passed), and I could help out with scouting, which I already do anyway.

This is obviously up to you guys, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Good luck to everyone applying, and congrats on the new team Ricer!

6 hours ago, Alex Bridges said:

Greeting Krice,

Yours truly,

alex is a good choice to pick, very reliable 

12 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

What about you?

12 hours ago, Patrik Tallinder said:

I'm really excited for the new team, and especially with @Ricer13 as the GM, I'd love to be a part of it. However, although I have a lot of time now, after quarantine comes to an end I'm not sure I'll have the time for two VHL jobs. So here's my solution:

@DarkSpyro, you would truly be a great candidate for this. It's ultimately up to you if you want to apply, but I know you'd be amazing at helping to establish a good culture in a brand new locker room. I agree with Ricer here. What about you?

I stand by what I said about wanting to help this team though. What do you say we get the band back together, I could help out with the locker room (I know I wasn't the most active with the Hounds, but I've gotten more active in other locker rooms as time has passed), and I could help out with scouting, which I already do anyway.

This is obviously up to you guys, but I figured I'd give it a shot. Good luck to everyone applying, and congrats on the new team Ricer!

Aww you guys are awesome! Yeah I’ll apply for this too, but I still think Talli is still a top candidate (if he can) :D