London United Press Conferences

McWolf

LDN_Banner.png

LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE

Week ending May 2nd

1 tpe for 3 responses. 2 tpe for all six!

1.  Best-ever finish for London!  What's it mean to be a part of this elite squad?

2.  London has a total of SEVEN players over 80 points!  Who are you looking towards to lead the team through the playoffs?

3.  I assume you all want to be a part of London's first ever Cup win, but which other teams would you rather see win if London doesn't win it all?

4.  What do you think the team needs to work on most to get through to the finals?

5.  You're all VHLers now, so you've made alot of money.  Describe the sweet car you first bought!

6. If the VHL does eventually expand, which city or two would you like to visit and play against in the EU Conference?

London Management: @McWolf @SirRupertBarnes

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Beketov @Cornholio @Peace @16z @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

London Prospects: @Howie McMeeker @Nordin @Kolby @Hendrix Cobberson @Flames1Fan

6 hours ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending May 2nd

1.  Best-ever finish for London!  What's it mean to be a part of this elite squad?

2.  London has a total of SEVEN players over 80 points!  Who are you looking towards to lead the team through the playoffs?

3.  I assume you all want to be a part of London's first ever Cup win, but which other teams would you rather see win if London doesn't win it all?

4.  What do you think the team needs to work on most to get through to the finals?

5.  You're all VHLers now, so you've made alot of money.  Describe the sweet car you first bought!

6. If the VHL does eventually expand, which city or two would you like to visit and play against in the EU Conference?

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Beketov @Cornholio @Peace @16z @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

1.) It’s truly a blessing to be a part of such a wonderful squad in my rookie season. The vets taught me a thing or two... and may have forced me to cover a meal or two. I look forward to reciprocating that when I become a senior member of the organization.

2.) No question Lahtinen. It is his final postseason and for somebody as accomplished/battle-tested as he is... we will be feeding off his energy and presence. 

3.) Uh maybe Chicago Phoenix? Cause their GM is my GM in the SBA. Or Prague. 

4.) We need to play more cleaner on both sides of the ice, myself included. I had two penalties in a single game and that wasn’t good. Also recorded a -3 rating so I really can’t let that happen again if we’re to advance out of this 0-2 hole against Helsinki. 

5.) I bought a moped instead. The streets of London can be crowded sometimes and narrow in certain areas. Not like Iceland. So a moped helps me get around a whole lot faster. 

6.) I’d love to see an Amsterdam team. The city is really awesome and uh, yeah very vibrant and bike-friendly too. Can’t beat that. If there was a second option, I’d probably go with Madrid or Berlin. Always wanted to visit those cities. 

1 - it's nice. Although I didn't hit all my targets, I was able to set some career highs and help lead the team to the playoffs.

2 - I would say myself but we're down 3-1 and I don't want to own that record.

3 - No one. I'd rather the league fold.

4 - taking fewer penalties. We're a better 5v5 team but special teams is screwing with our rhythm.

5 - I drive a Pinto with spare gas canisters in the trunk. Just in case I run out of fuel, you know?

6 - HC Salzburg Rangers and the Berlin Ice Cats

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

:ldn: LONDON UNITED PRESS CONFERENCE :ldn:

Week ending May 2nd

It means a lot, the managers have been working hard since Day 1 and it's nice to see all of our development and acquisitions along the way. Not sure what the future holds but as long as we continue playing like this you never know

Honestly points mean a lot to me but winning a championship means even more, I hope we all lead the team!

Toronto, Vancouver, Helsinki and Prague but if I had to pick one.. Vancouver!

Continue making adjustments along the way and don't shy away from taking a shot, hit or pass. This is our year to show the league we want the cup and making the finals is a must, winning the cup would be the cherry on top and we definitely have the skill now to compete with the best 🍒 

I haven't bought anything that's helped me, gambled, spent cash on training sessions and donated a bunch to charity. Still in my apartment waiting for the money to flow in from my new crumpet shop in the UK 

They have to go to Canada, Montreal seems like a sure thing but if we're talking about the European Conference I'd have to say.. Congo because why not?

LDN_Banner.png

Edited by 16z

• 2 weeks later...

1 - What are your offseason plans?

2 - We're losing a couple of key players to retirement next season - are we still able to make the playoffs? 

3 - If you could re-do your career, what one thing would you change?

4 - Why have I been awake since 3:30 in the morning?

5 - What's your favorite piece of media so far this year? Music, movie, tv show, book, whatever. 

6 - Have a great real life weekend and a productive virtual offseason, one and all. Tell me one activity other than eating, sleeping, and defecating that you and your player will both do over the weekend. 

Presser is up, thanks to our best scorer in franchise history.

London Management: @McWolf @SirRupertBarnes @MattyIce

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Beketov@Cornholio @Peace @16z @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

Going to take a chill pill and focus on playing my best each game, don't really need to continue tiring myself out with maximum workouts

2 - We're losing a couple of key players to retirement next season - are we still able to make the playoffs? 

Yeah I think we do, it'll be a huge hole to fill offensively but we have a great depth squad. With a little time and a rising prospect potentially.. We'll be at the top of the standings 😎

Nothing, I wanted to have four 99 skills and a few others to help out. The only thing I want to change now would be maybe a little more strength and passing but only if my player doesn't perform

I ask myself that a lot, are you too entertained with tv shows and games? Or writing another banger of an article 😛

5 - What's your favorite piece of media so far this year? Music, movie, tv show, book, whatever

Damn there's too many options for a clear answer, that's all I do.. Sorry I tried to think of actual options but hopefully, Amazon Prime horror movies, underground rap albums and a ton of reality tv shows paints a picture for you

6 - Have a great real life weekend and a productive virtual offseason, one and all. Tell me one activity other than eating, sleeping, and defecating that you and your player will both do over the weekend. 

We both love to bake and cook 

Trying to take it easy and decide where I'll play next, but I'm plenty busy with VSN scouting and team scouting atm

Yeah we have the core to keep us in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Probably the position and get more tpe sooner, since I had no idea what I was doing at the start.

That's the witching hour, you got an idea or inspiration from your subconscious

5 - What's your favorite piece of media so far this year? Music, movie, tv show, book, whatever. 

Right now I'm listening to alot of old King Crimson and Frank Zappa.  It's weird, but my tastes have evolved to enjoy weird stuff.

Thanks alot writer guy!  Right back at ya.  At the moment I'm baking a cake with my kids and teaching my son drums this weekend.  Rose is actually packing his bags from Helsinki to his offseason spot in the Cayman Islands for a bit, but then has a few offseason tournaments to get the wheels greased for next season, wherever he'll end up.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:59 AM, der meister said:

1. Eat, sleep, train like an animal, repeat

2. Always. Never count us out

3. Start playing hockey sooner, pro hockey at 44 is not an easy feat

4. Something's on your mind, I hope it's something good

5. Rewatching the movie Elf at Christmas per tradition.

6. Eh man, you have a good one too. Knale probably beats the living daylights out of his speed bag

On 5/8/2021 at 5:59 AM, der meister said:

1 - That Dude plans on going back to my home country of Iceland to just chill, host some hockey camps for the young Icelandic hockey players and uh, I'm not sure what else. Probably fish, and spend time with the family too.

2 - I think so. I will need to step up my game in order to meet the expectations that the team might have of me in my second year but I've got to live up to it. 

3 - I think I would have demanded a trade in my VHLM career once my team shafted me over to the second or third line. That really hurt my draft stock, but maybe in the end - it's a blessing in disguise. I'm cool and content here in London. 

4 - You woke up to use the loo then you couldn't go back to sleep, so you've been on your mobile device since then - slowly going blind with the constant invasion of blue light to your sensitive eye iris. 

5 - I'd have to say Criminal Minds is a nice television show that I've been watching on-and-off in my spare time. 

6 - Probably work on my faceoffs skills. Definitely rusty after having limited opportunities in my rookie season. Or work on my slapshot. Either way. 

LondonBar_uu5ZE7B.png

New post-draft press conference questions.

The VHL Draft was held yesterday night. We added defenseman Sven Reikkinen, goaltender Bastian Greiss and forwards Shane Lazeski and Brent Ashe. How did you think we did, overall?

Is there any other draftee you wish we would have selected?

Free agency opens right about now; give me a five-word pitch to send to free agents to convince them to join London.

Predict your statline for the upcoming season.

Recommend me a show on Netflix, I don't know what to watch anymore.

Is it okay to haze rookies? If you think, what do we got in store for Sven and cie.

@McWolf @MattyIce @SirRupertBarnes @der meister@okochastar @IamMOOSE@Cornholio @Strider @Peace

@16z @HatrickRoy @Devise @MexicanCow123 @ThatsGreissy @Shane Laz @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Howie McMeeker @Kolby @Hendrix Cobberson

The VHL Draft was held yesterday night. We added defenseman Sven Reikkinen, goaltender Bastian Greiss and forwards Shane Lazeski and Brent Ashe. How did you think we did, overall?

I think it was a pretty solid draft. The team was already in a relatively competitive position, with key players locked up so adding some youth to the overall core, with a couple of solid prospects to pan in out a few seasons time. 

Selfishly, Anime Protagonist.  

Free agency opens right about now; give me a five-word pitch to send to free agents to convince them to join London.

London Calling? Better pick up!

Hoping for at least 20 goals and 50 points in the rookie season, but that is probably a stretch. 150+ SB at least, and some lower PIMs this season. Being a + player would be good too, but given more of a team stat I'll take whatever there. 

Peaky Blinders, The Ozarks, Halt and Catch Fire

Is it okay to haze rookies? If you think, what do we got in store for Sven and cie.

Hmmm, I suppose? I don't know, hazing and pranking has always felt a little odd to me even growing up, but in general the whole "rookie skates out first" thing or whatever has always seemed relatively harmless. 

Extremely excited a fellow journeyman from Finland will be joining us, he's the player I had my eye on all draft but without any power all I could do is pray my manager wanted to acquired a sure stud, he'll grind his ass on every shift consistently, he's the type of player we needed for sure.. Oh and now I can take a breather knowing he can be trusted with the puck. 

I know Lazeski has been making big strides and being a newer member caught the eyes of plenty scouts I'm sure of it, quite a steal if you ask me

Ashe and Greiss are two players I don't really know but I'm sure with their earning levels right now that they'll make an impact for us in a few seasons when I'm old, gray and hobbling off and on the bench 

Nope, like I stated in the previous question the only player I dreamed of drafting is Reikkinen, positive forum presence, very active and his hockey IQ is through the roof. He's going to do good things for us, I know it!

A championship awaits.. Join London!

With the added defense and a hall star Killinger beside me I expect to be the middle man helping out both lines, might have a little less points but I hope to have at least 60 assists again and maybe hitting the 20 goal mark would be awesome too.

There is so many shows on there it's unbelievable you watched everything, I suggest watching an indie film or one of the new releases, even if it sounds stupid.. Give your brain a little rocking to get back to reality. I'd suggest a name but there are way too many and I'm not going to open up my assigned team tablet to answer your question directly, I have more reporters to speak to!

I cant answer that, if we do, we do.. Haven't met up with some of the others veterans yet. Either way it has to be a surprise and I know both of them are listening in on my conversations right now

We nabbed ourselves some pretty solid players.  Last season, That Dude fell in our lap, and this season, these guys?  Man, we're lucky:)

Aike van Giersbergen would have been cool too, Tallinder of course, but we didn't have the picks

Knock knock...

Who's there?

Champions

12g-50a-62p, -8, 120pims, 185 hits and 160 SB.  You heard it here first

Suits.  Go watch it.  That's all

Hazing, meh.  Making the rookies pay for the expensive dinner, trial by fire.  Welcome to the BIGS fellas!

1 - I'm totally on board. My career is coming to an end sooner rather than later, so it's good to know that the franchise is in excellent hands moving forward.

2 - Not really.

3 - Help me help you....win

4 - 38-40-78, 401 sog, 6 PiMs

5 - No idea. I have been watching a lot of anime and let's plays on youtube. 

6 - @MattyIcehas it right. They pay for some team dinners, but we're not gonna make them craft their own spank paddles or some weird frat shit. 

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending May 23rd

1.  It's been an eventful offseason for us and the VHL in general.  Have you been keeping up?  If so, what do you think of our squad so far?

2.  London had to part ways with Kankunnen due to irreconcilable differences.  Does this affect our team's potential?

3.  What are you going to spend this season's pay on?  A new flashy car?  A new bachelor pad?  A lifetime supply of Ramen noodles?

4.  Head office has had discussions about team captains?  We think Julian Nousianen represents London well, who's your pick?  Who would you want to be an assistant?

5.  Which animal would be the biggest party animal?

6. If animals could talk, which animal would be the most exciting one?  Which would be the most boring?  Which would be the rudest?

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Cornholio @Devise @Matt_O @Plate @Poptart @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

London Prospects: @Howie McMeeker @Shane Laz  @Kolby @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Hendrix Cobberson @Flames1Fan @ThatsGreissy

15 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending May 23rd

1.  It's been an eventful offseason for us and the VHL in general.  Have you been keeping up?  If so, what do you think of our squad so far?

2.  London had to part ways with Kankunnen due to irreconcilable differences.  Does this affect our team's potential?

3.  What are you going to spend this season's pay on?  A new flashy car?  A new bachelor pad?  A lifetime supply of Ramen noodles?

4.  Head office has had discussions about team captains?  We think Julian Nousianen represents London well, who's your pick?  Who would you want to be an assistant?

6. If animals could talk, which animal would be the most exciting one?  Which would be the most boring?  Which would be the rudest?

London UNITED: @der meister @okochastar @IamMOOSE @Strider @Cornholio @Devise @Matt_O @Plate @Poptart @HatrickRoy @MexicanCow123 @Biggreen10

London Prospects: @Howie McMeeker @Shane Laz  @Kolby @nhlbeastmode_7777 @Hendrix Cobberson @Flames1Fan @ThatsGreissy

1. I've been a bit inconsistent with my TPE earning and keeping up, but I'm doing enough to keep my place and know what's going on. I see no reason why we can't go on a deep run.

2. It sucks, but you got the General to replace him. We will be just fine.

3. I already spent it on a TPE package, this will be my last season so I figured I might as well spend the rest of my money on whatever I can.

4. I've only been on the team for a few hours so I don't think I can really make an educated comment on this. But I'm sure whoever is picked will be worthy of the C.

5. Probably some kind of big cat, like a jaguar or a cheetah. 

6. I don't know who would be exciting but my dog would be the most boring. She just sits around all day and if she was a human I imagine she would be a basic white girl obsessed with tiktok and starbucks.

This is Jerome Reinhart 

1. It's been an eventful offseason for us and the VHL in general. Have you been keeping up? If so, what do you think of our squad so far?

Yah I've been keeping up. London looks like they could be a damn good team especially with that Tonn guy in net.

2. London had to part ways with Kankunnen due to irreconcilable differences. Does this affect our team's potential?

I think our team will struggle slightly more, they were a valuable player. I'm sure we can all step up though.

3. What are you going to spend this season's pay on? A new flashy car? A new bachelor pad? A lifetime supply of Ramen noodles?

Bought a new house in Yukon with most of my contract money. Don't make very much money...

4. Head office has had discussions about team captains? We think Julian Nousianen represents London well, who's your pick? Who would you want to be an assistant?

Julian Nousianen is definitely a good option. He's an awesome guy and I'm sure he'd lead London well. Tonn in his final season would be a decent option.

5. Which animal would be the biggest party animal

Definitely a Cow. Cows are party animals and they aren't afraid to show it.

6. If animals could talk, which animal would be the most exciting one? Which would be the most boring? Which would be the rudest?

Definitely a Cow come on that's obvious. You see how fun cows are in the Gifs.

1- once the offseason starts, I shut off until training camp. I like surprises, which is why I don't watch movie trailers.

2- KK was a hell of a player for us last season. It's going to take all of us stepping up our game to fill that void.

3 - I'm winding down and have all the shit I need. Probably take Itoh-chan out to dinner.

4 - me. Assistant captain me, secondary assistant captain also me.

5 - hyena for obvious reasons

6 - most exciting would probably be a whale, with their big brains and knowledge of the oceans. Most boring would probably be a chipmunk. Now I'll scurry. Oh a nut! Now I'll scurry. Rudest would obviously be the hyena who just laughs at every goddamn thing regardless of context.

11 hours ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending May 23rd

1.) To be quite honest with you, no I have not been keeping up at all. My primary attention has been directed toward the EFL where I'm managing a franchise for the first year ever, then the SBA as my secondary league to see how awful my regressed player is doing. This is my side league if you catch my drift.

2.) Who's Kankunnen? Our backup goaltender? We still have Tonn right, don't we?

3.) I'll ship 50% of my salary toward my family in Iceland as they prepare to sell their third-generation home and move toward a simpler humbode in Reyjkavik so they can be more accessible for me across the water. 

4.) Nousianen is a good one I'd give him that. He's been a model of consistency and production for us all this time. I'm not sure who else would be worthy of the C or the A patch on their jersey. Maybe that'll be me a few years down the road.

5.) I think it would be the raccoon. Raccoons take whatever they want and if you aren't looking, they'll steal all the booze from underneath your nose! They're nocturnal too, so they could last the entire night. 

6.) I think that elephants would be the most interesting to listen to since they're really smart and stuff. Most boring would probably be the sloth 'cause it'd take them a hour to complete a sentence. But from the movie Zootopia, they're apparently speedsters when placed behind the driver's wheel of a car lol. Rudest, definitely goldfish. Their memory span is like 7 seconds, so our conversations would basically be redunant every 7 seconds. No thanks. 

Yeah I kept up, we picked up a few good pieces to replace what was lost and remain in a solid competitive bubble spot. I think we have a good team, that isn't that old and as the young core continues to fill up could do damage sooner than people expect. 

Of course, it always affects a teams potential to lose a big piece. Nature of the sport though sometimes you have to part ways with a pivotal player. 

Thirty thousand lunchables, the kit kat ones. Why not?

Julian represents the team very well and in general the Captains chosen to represent London this season are all good quality teammates and members. 

Not a real animal, but Snorlax. I know I know, but he's so sleepy. Remember; he's just resting up. Animal House: Snorlax would break the world. 

Some sort of long living insect would probably be the most exciting one wouldn't it? Lot of time in such a small perspective, lots of close calls I'm sure. If Cockroaches were just friendly bar rats man they'd light it up at story time. Boring? Probably a lizard or some other loafing animal. "Today I sat." Or a donkey because of eeyore. As for the rudest, a camel or el paca. Anything that even without the added sentience/intelligence is willing to be rude and spit at you, you just know those things would be sassy as shit. "And now your RIDING on me? Oh really?!" 

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending May 30th

1.  Holy crap I forgot to put up a presser until now!  Should I get bonked?  Slapped?  Fired?!?

2.  London is sitting in a great spot so far to start this season.  What do you attribute this to?

3.  Which teams do you think are overachieving and underachieving right now?

4.  With the VHLE coming into existence in S80, which team(s) would you like to see formed, and which one(s) would you be excited to play for?

5.  Do these press conferences suck, or do you like answering questions and letting your mates get to know you?

6. Which kind of press conference questions do you like answering and dislike answering?  Do you like the silly, comedic and sarcastic questions?

1 - no worries. i haven't had the motivation to even write a .com article this week.

2 - Solid team play from anyone not named The Terrible Trivium.

3 - I think we're underachieving. I haven't looked at the standings to say who's overachieving though.

4 - Sign me up for the Berlin Berliners, bitte. 100% will wear a sweater with a jelly donut on it.

5 - I like them; I get to be a snarky bastard when I answer, or make up random bullshit when I ask.

6 - You ask it and I'll answer it. I have nothing to hide. 

1 hour ago, MattyIce said:

LDN_Banner.png

Week ending May 30th

1.  Holy crap I forgot to put up a presser until now!  Should I get bonked?  Slapped?  Fired?!?

2.  London is sitting in a great spot so far to start this season.  What do you attribute this to?

3.  Which teams do you think are overachieving and underachieving right now?

4.  With the VHLE coming into existence in S80, which team(s) would you like to see formed, and which one(s) would you be excited to play for?

5.  Do these press conferences suck, or do you like answering questions and letting your mates get to know you?

6. Which kind of press conference questions do you like answering and dislike answering?  Do you like the silly, comedic and sarcastic questions?

1:) It’s all good mate, shit happens. Everybody forgets things every once in a while. If it happens again though… you might be due for a good ol’ fashioned Stone Cold Stunner. 

2.) Our team cohesion has been on full display lately, which is really nice to see. I was nervous for a bit earlier but we’ve started to click together. As long as we click more often than not, then we’ll be fine. 

3.) Uh, not sure on this one. I don’t keep tabs outside London lol. 

4.) It would be cool to see some of the old VHL/M franchises return to action. One name I’ve been hearing often is Vasteras and uh not sure about the others. But maybe I’ll get involved for a bit with my next player, we’ll see if I’m still around by then. 

5. I enjoy answering these questions, especially the OOC ones. Nice change from my .com articles where I need to talk about my players progression and all that. 

6.) I like the funny, silly ones. Especially the open ended questions, those are the good ones. The questions that asks about other teams or whatever - I don’t like ‘em cause I honestly cannot answer based on knowledge lol. 

1. Option D) None of the Above, as the others have said, shit happens you still got it up. (There is a joke there somewhere..)

2. The biggest contributing factor is clearly passenger Sven and his 2 points (including his only goal being an ENG)....no but for real; I think just league shake up. With so much parity and so much competition you build a good team that bubbles for so long that all it takes is one team to step out of the spotlight a few teams to shake up their rosters and suddenly, your in it, your in the mix and you could be one of the top 3 teams in your conference. 

3. Davos is under acheiving, constantly for whatever reason. That isn't to say they should be a playoff for sure team, but it has felt like they were a bubble team for seasons that winds up as the worst team in the league. Or a fringe bubble team even. Although points wise they aren't as far back but considering it seems like Riga and Moscow just entered rebuild (I think?) Davos still struggling is pretty underwhelming. I couldn't say for over achieving, probably the Calgary Wranglers? Sure, let's say Calgary. You should be where Vancouver is Calgary, or at the very least where LA is...1 point back. Fuck the NA. 

4. Obviously seeing Cologne and Stockholm come back is a huge plus if they occur. I'd play for either. I'd play for Vasteras for the memes if they were to return as well. Otherwise I'd like to see some out there selections like a Paris or a Rome make it and check off one of them on the played for bucket list.

5. Suck is such a harsh word to use. Sometimes when something doesn't create hype levels we think people "don't like it" but in general Press Conferences are a much easier way for some of us to earn TPE than thinking up a Fan590. I feel like for those of us that have been here a long time, Fan590 articles can feel like an exhausted concept at a certain point. At least with this there is some aspect of user to user engagement, so it isn't just like "here is a bunch of words about my player or whatever." 

6. I'm generally game for whatever provided it's easy to answer. I'm not big on like the "roleplay as your hockey player what would he do today" type questions that you sometimes see, because of how I engage with the league. But it's not hard to extrapolate from those questions things you can work with in most cases. I'd say stick to asking what you think people wanna talk about regardless and things should keep sailing smoothly.