S73 VHL Graphics Tiers

gorlab

I always remind myself to be humble. Am I the best at sim league graphics? No. Do I suspect that people actually say 'wow awesome graphic' just because they are scared I'll bully them if they don't? Yes.

Due to no trivia, I have to do another written on top of BUST OR LICK so I decided to officially declare the graphic tiers of VHL. People can work their way up the tiers or fall down the tiers with inactivity. You can make whatever tier you want to make, with a little dedication and a lot of passion.

This is only my personal opinion and we all know art is objective, so please don't take this personally. This is off memory and checking the graphics and graphic PT sub-forums for who's posted work in the last bit.

GOD TIER

@boubabi

@Koradek

@Wasty

TOP TIER

@enigmatic

@Motzaburger

@Quik

@solas

@STZ

MID TIER

@Acydburn

@Beketov

@Da_Berr

@dasboot

@Enorama

@gregreg

@InstantRockstar

@Jubo07

@Kendrick

@.sniffuM

@Steve

BOTTOM TIER

@Members 

Edited by gorlab

This is actually something I've thought about before, so I'm glad to see someone else starting a discussion like this.  Obviously this is all your opinion but I'll add my two cents here just because I think this is a fun topic.

Bek would be higher on my personal list.  He doesn't really do GFX all that often anymore from what I can tell but when I was starting out in sig-making/the VHL (like 2010-12) he was really good.

I'd put Squinty in the god tier as well, even though he's been inactive for like five years.  I always kinda considered Boubabi/Koradek/Squinty to be like the best three.  Wasty deserves to be in that tier as well based on the way it's split up here.  Probably Karey as well since he was a VHL member for a bit but he's more active in the SHL anyways.

There are also some even older members that could make it onto the list (TMP16 and Redbull come to mind) but it's unfortunately pointless to bring them up since it's a S73 list anyways and it's pretty much impossible to find their sigs any more.  The combination of Tinypic ending and the old forums being gone has gotten rid of a lot of sigs I wish I could see for inspiration tbh.

21 minutes ago, solas said:

This is actually something I've thought about before, so I'm glad to see someone else starting a discussion like this.  Obviously this is all your opinion but I'll add my two cents here just because I think this is a fun topic.

Bek would be higher on my personal list.  He doesn't really do GFX all that often anymore from what I can tell but when I was starting out in sig-making/the VHL (like 2010-12) he was really good.

I'd put Squinty in the god tier as well, even though he's been inactive for like five years.  I always kinda considered Boubabi/Koradek/Squinty to be like the best three.  Wasty deserves to be in that tier as well based on the way it's split up here.  Probably Karey as well since he was a VHL member for a bit but he's more active in the SHL anyways.

There are also some even older members that could make it onto the list (TMP16 and Redbull come to mind) but it's unfortunately pointless to bring them up since it's a S73 list anyways and it's pretty much impossible to find their sigs any more.  The combination of Tinypic ending and the old forums being gone has gotten rid of a lot of sigs I wish I could see for inspiration tbh.

yup, lots of talent been through this hallowed halls

i was hesitant to even tag any of the god-tier because none of them even make VHL sigs really, but once you get to that level, you're god for life. SHL-only guys don't matter. VHL is, and always has been, the standard for sim hockey graphics. 

Koradek is super artsy and crazy talented as a 2d animator nowaday. Its cool to see that his path/interest of doing graphics for a sim league transitioned to a real life job that he enjoys.

I wouldnt have my current career path without starting doing graphics for sim leagues lmao

Its tough to rank, but I went with a mix of experience, results AND creativity.

Like some people are doing great sigs, but its the same ol style every time. That's also the reason why I think karey is elite, because he has done (from what I saw) some real creative shits that I haven't seen on sim leagues.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

I’ll accept middle of the pack from @boubabi even if it’s only just above “hasn’t started”

Mostly because you don't really do graphics anymore lol

But yeah, could use some more nuances

Edited by boubabi

I don't belong on lists, I'm more of a excel spreadsheet coelom formula guy. I'm not sure I'm a "Has started" guy (not entirely sure what it means to be honest). I just dabble around and find new techniques when I watch tuts every couple weeks