VHL Holiday Charity Auction call for items

bigAL

1 hour ago, solas said:

I’d happily make a sig for someone if that’s an auction people would be interested in. Or maybe we could do a big collab sig with a couple GFX people?

a collab sounds like something ppl would pay good cash for. Get some of the best gfx artists and the winner will be getting a one of a kind sig

5 hours ago, Beaviss said:

- Cooking Stream (sandwich, you choose the ingredients)

what kind of technical capabilities would i need in order to offer a similar thing? i know some in here enjoy my food pics but i have no idea how to stream unless if i am streaming what is actively on my screen into a discord vc, so would i need to get any other programs or even external devices to stream cooking?

40 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

what kind of technical capabilities would i need in order to offer a similar thing? i know some in here enjoy my food pics but i have no idea how to stream unless if i am streaming what is actively on my screen into a discord vc, so would i need to get any other programs or even external devices to stream cooking?

phone camera usually works in a discord VC

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

Food pictures!!!!

I am willing to donate a Media Spot of at least 2,000 words (4 weeks worth of 6 capped TPE each week) or happily donate some $ to any charity!

Edited by Arce

Banta presents Extreme Christmas Sports.

- I haven’t given it incredible thought but had briefly discussed it earlier with someone. Think the movie jackass, but Christmas and Santa and yours truly. 

- Wouldn’t be as much bidding as it would be a milestone. 

Edited by Banackock

On 12/1/2021 at 8:45 AM, MexicanCow123 said:

Charity Idea : These past 2 weeks hasn't been easy for anyone in B.C Canada. We got hit with a major rainfall causing floods and mudslides on our main highways that connect to Vancouver B.C as well as the City of Merrit getting completely flooded. Today I bring to you The Red Cross Foundation. They will support the affected people in and around the area of B.C, helping them with basic needs like food, shelter, clothing. This one hits close to home so every donation that is made to this Foundation I will donate $1.

https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/the-canadian-red-cross-society/campaign/british-columbia-floods-extreme-weather-appeal/

Red Cross sounds like a good choice to me.

one of the GMS should put up 

Change team name (forum only cause no portal work for Josh)

the name would change on the forum and press conference 👀

40 minutes ago, Horcrux said:

one of the GMS should put up 

Change team name (forum only cause no portal work for Josh)

the name would change on the forum and press conference 👀

And Discord too. You can nominate me as one of the GMs of this is allowed.

Charity idea:

This charity raises money for research into migraines. Migraines are something that millions upon millions of people suffer through and are extremely debilitating. With that however there isn't much funding into research around why they happen, cures etc. 

https://migraineresearchfoundation.org/

The second one I will throw out there is called Childs MInd institute. It focuses on helping children and their families deal with mental health problems. A lot of people who have mental health issues start early in life and this helps those people to learn how to cope and work though it at an early age.

https://childmind.org/

On 12/1/2021 at 9:21 AM, fishy said:

I'd like to see us give to mental health charities. We've had a lot of people this year come to the forums to start conversations about their own trials with mental health, and I think it would hit home for people here. The past two years have been really hard for a lot of the world, and it's not going to get easier. It'd be an added bonus if we could find organizations that focus on underrepresented peoples (e.g., BIPOC/Queer people).

I support this

Auction item ideas (league)

-discord VC channel named after you

-make a variation of the VHL discord logo to be used for one hour/day/week

Auction item ideas (me)

-media spot about me scouting your player, and a graphic to go with it

OR

-media spot about your player's career thus far, and a graphic to go with it

*and of course my hockey highlights, although I'd be more than happy to give those for free ;) 

I'll do anything tbh, podcast guest, articles, steering wheel for some games, logo change on our server, special roles, I'll attempt a graphic, change my name, get muted, stop earning TPE or let someone build my player in the VHLE, the list doesn't end there xD 

• Commissioner

Keep in mind everyone as well that we aren’t saying you HAVE to put something up for auction, it’s not a requirement by any stretch and we won’t be using everything anyway as it would create too many items to choose from.

I’m not sure if that has been confusing people but just wanted to be clear that no part of this, be it putting up an auction or bidding on one, is required at all.