S81 Hall of Fame Induction

Victor

• Admin

Hi and welcome back to HOF inductions. Some big names to induct today so let's get to it...

LW - Groovy Dood, S73-S80 :dcd:

RS: 576 GP, 313 G, 387 A, 700 P, +101, 895 PIM, 2,191 HIT, 267 SB, 37 GW

PO: 76 GP, 31 G, 47 A, 78 P, -16, 90 PIM, 244 HIT, 32 SB, 9 GW

S77 Scott Boulet Trophy (Top Two-Way Forward)

S78 Scott Boulet Trophy (Top Two-Way Forward)

S79 Scott Boulet Trophy (Top Two-Way Forward)

1x All-VHL First Team (S80)

3x All-VHL Second Team (S77, S78, S79)

It felt like a slightly bold 1st overall choice in the huge S73 draft but Groovy Dood fully repaid the faith of the DC Dragons. Despite a tough rookie season, Dood became an integral part of the Dragons and helped them to a trip to the finals in S75, the franchise's best ever playoff performance. After that, as the old guard stepped aside, Dood took the mantle as team leader and captain and became the VHL's premier two-way forward after the retirement of Mikko Lahtinen, and extended D.C.'s competitive cycle for as long as he was in the team. In the end, Dood hit the magical 700-point mark for his career and was firmly among the league's best forwards for at least half his career. A first ballot induction for @bigAL!

D - Alex Letang, S73-S79:mos::dcd::la:

RS: 504 GP, 128 G, 439 A, 567 P, +122, 748 PIM, 924 HIT, 1,081 SB, 31 GW

PO: 65 GP, 17 G, 56 A, 73 P, +11, 125 PIM, 137 HIT, 165 SB, 3 GW

S79 Scotty Campbell Trophy (Most Valuable)

S79 Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists)

S79 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Defenceman)

S79 Alexander Valiq Trophy (Top Offensive Defenceman)

1x All-VHL First Team (S79)

Another first-gen who missed out on a championship but made up for it with sheer consistency. Alex Letang's career was bubbling along at a steady pace for most of his career, largely in the shadow of more renowned veterans in Moscow but he was a steady and increasingly flashy #2 on defence. Then came a move away from the franchise everyone associates with him and after a stop at DC, it was in LA where Letang finally broke out in a big way in S79, securing his place in the HOF after all the hard work to build up his case beforehand. The 119-point finale obscures the rest but Letang was at a point-per-game pace or thereabouts for his whole career and it is for the diligence that @Spartan gets his first HOF induction.

VOTING RESULTS

Groovy Dood - 16/20

Alex Letang - 9/20

----

Jean Pierre Camus - 8/20

Roque Davis - 2/20

Erik Killinger - 1/20

Tyson Kohler, Jakab Holik, Alexander Pepper, Dakota Lamb, John Merrick, Matty Socks - 0/20

BUILDER

And after a season off, we are back with a Builder induction. We might be in S81 but we finally welcome to the Hall one of oldest names in the VHL today in @CowboyinAmerica. To many it is probably a surprise that he wasn't in the HOF already. Cowboy or Zach Warren is a familiar name to some sim league veterans and for a long time I think he was more of a sim leaguer in general rather than a VHLer specifically. But it's now been some 50 seasons since he decided to grace the VHL with his presence too and we have gotten a lot of quality Cowboy output from him in that time. Hans Wingate and Gabriel McAllister are the standout names in the Hall of Fame but every player he's created in his time here has been a top-tier player and an invaluable member of his teams. On top of that, Cowboy's updating career spans most of his time in the VHL and any updater now, let alone in the pre-portal days, will tell you what a commitment that requires. He's dabbled in the BOG and in VHLM GMing and his Media Spots are always an insightful treat to read, but I think I'll sum it up in one line: a sim league institution at last is welcomed into the institution that is the VHL Hall of Fame.

Well deserved congratulations to each of Al, Spartan, and Cowboy!

:cheers:

Ridiculously massive thanks to @Victor and @OrbitingDeath  from preventing me from retiring back in S78 or so. And all the thanks to Vic, @Enorama and @Josh/@rory for the time spent on your teams that helped out with getting to this point - had a blast playing for you all and appreciate you all a lot.

I Just Did It GIF by GIPHY News

Wait, this is certainly one I did not see coming, I thought this ping was a Members tag. And frankly I'm still not sure it's one I deserve. But I absolutely appreciate the honor - been just about half of my life in sim leagues, and I keep coming back for the fun and the community. Out of all the ones I've been in too, the VHL isn't just the longest-running, but it's been my favorite for the storylines and history that we've been able to form here. I'm happy to have played a part.

(And who unearthed my real name from the MSFL days? I'm blaming Doom.)

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

I'd look but victor will do it for me

Is induction based on votes or percentage?

Just curious there were 12 votes last season, 20 this season

Congrats to everyone who won :cheers:

Pure votes. BOG was just more active this season.

2 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Wait, this is certainly one I did not see coming, I thought this ping was a Members tag. And frankly I'm still not sure it's one I deserve. But I absolutely appreciate the honor - been just about half of my life in sim leagues, and I keep coming back for the fun and the community. Out of all the ones I've been in too, the VHL isn't just the longest-running, but it's been my favorite for the storylines and history that we've been able to form here. I'm happy to have played a part.

(And who unearthed my real name from the MSFL days? I'm blaming Doom.)

You absolutely deserve it. I haven't interacted a ton with you personally, but I've only ever heard good things about you and from what I can tell, you were a staple member of this community back in the day. We are lucky to have you back, hope you're enjoying your time back in the league. Cheers, and congrats!

Also it's a shame @bigAL may never see this accomplishment if what they say is true. I'll be sure to tell Juice to let him know Groovy Dood is a HoF'er.

And finally, congrats Spart. I wish Kaberle could have done half the shit Letang did. Good work dude!

5 hours ago, fromtheinside said:

Also it's a shame @bigAL may never see this accomplishment if what they say is true. I'll be sure to tell Juice to let him know Groovy Dood is a HoF'er.

5 hours ago, WranglersSuck said:

Congratulations Everyone! Hell of a career for both players. Makes me sad @bigAL isn't around but hopefully he will see this one day.

I mean he was online 18 hours ago I'm sure it'll catch his attention. @bigAL

also fuck that guy