New Secondary Task: Game Recaps

Beketov

• Commissioner

Hello all,

Since the removal of trivia we have seen members taking issue with the amount of secondary task options in order to finish off their weekly cap. While trivia is returning, hopefully for the start of the season, we still wanted to offer an additional way to get your capped TPE.

Therefore, as a secondary point task, members may complete a Game Recap in the appropriate sim thread. This recap must be at least 75 words, is worth 1 TPE, and may be claimed up to two times per week. The recap should cover topics relevant to the chosen game.

This includes, but is not limited to:

1) A recap of the game

2) Shouting out a great performance

3) Presenting an opinion/observation from the game

A member CANNOT recap a game if:

1) Their player played in the game

2) They GM one of the teams in the game

Prospects of a VHL and/or VHLE team are allowed to do recaps of those teams before they make that team's roster. ALL VHL-sanctioned sims are eligible for recaps, including the World Cup and WJC.

Claiming Game Recaps will be added to the portal and recaps can be claimed starting next week when sims start.

11 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Since the removal of trivia we have seen members taking issue with the amount of secondary task options in order to finish off their weekly cap. While trivia is returning, hopefully for the start of the season, we still wanted to offer an additional way to get your capped TPE.

Therefore, as a secondary point task, members may complete a Game Recap in the appropriate sim thread. This recap must be at least 75 words, is worth 1 TPE, and may be claimed up to two times per week. The recap should cover topics relevant to the chosen game.

Old Man Good Job GIF

This includes, but is not limited to:

1) A recap of the game

2) Shouting out a great performance

3) Presenting an opinion/observation from the game

Episode 1 Applause GIF by Friends

A member CANNOT recap a game if:

1) Their player played in the game

2) They GM one of the teams in the game

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

All in all a good addition.

10 minutes ago, samx said:

Do they have to be from separate days if you are doing more than one? If so can you just make one post covering two different games that is 150 words?

You can cover two in the same day, just have to split up each recap. Each recap should still be 75 words individually.

For the game recap task are you limited to the recap of that week being on the games from that week or can you go into further back games and recap them - @N0HBDY

You are only allowed to recap games within the current season, and in accordance with the other restrictions/requirements in the original post above.

Recap: Beketov introduces a new secondary task to the VHL. With the removal of trivia, the VHL was in need of a new secondary task by popular demand. The blue team responded by introduces this intriguing new secondary task. Conflict of interest are a NO GO! 75 words is the count. No more, no less or no TPE. This will help members reach their weekly cap, by writing recaps. I can’t even see straight right now.

75 words for 1 TPE. Thank you!

This is a massive W for everyone. A lot of people who listen to Spartan's podcast would know this was his brainchild, but for those of you who don't, this was Spartan's first idea as soon as he came to BOG, and in my opinion it's a slam dunk. Can't wait to use this myself, as well as see other people's game reviews. Good shit!

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, fromtheinside said:

this was Spartan's first idea as soon as he came to BOG

Wasn’t even actually in yet, got me to send the proposal haha

I think this is a great idea and will get more interest in the games and help us keep abreast of what is going on as I know we tend to focus on our team's games and not have much idea what is going on with other teams. This should also hopefully bring more activity to the forums as I know there was concern about the forums losing out to Discord. Great add, Blue!

• fishy unfeatured this topic