I Submit to the Trampling of My First Amendment Rights

Gustav

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

It is THEME WEEK, and as such, my FREEDOM OF SPEECH has ONCE AGAIN BEEN ABRIDGED by something I don't care to do but have to anyway if I want a doubles week. And I'm a sucker for a good doubles week, so I will once again suck it up and get stepped on by Big Media Spot.

Also--this thread will forever be one of the greatest positive moments of mutual appreciation in this league, and this week will never beat it. There's something special about getting together to say nice things about each other without being COERCED by the BIG MAN IN CORPORATE.

Anyway.

...in no particular order!

@Berocka - I know I've mentioned your name in a few of these posts, but I don't think I've been closer to anyone in a sim league than you (and that says something big). It's now been over three whole years since you joined the league, and you've been with me in some respect for most of it, whether it's as a player, an AGM, or both. I don't know how one can put up with being made fun of as much as I chose to make fun of you for a while and still enjoy the company of the bully, but I'm not complaining--sometimes I feel weird that I was as much of an asshole as I was at one point, but I think it's a great thing that you were able to see past that and find a lonely college kid who really just wanted someone to talk to. I think I've seen the real side of you (and vice versa), and you're going to be an amazing dad.

@Spartan, @Doomsday, and @thadthrasher - Probably more than anyone else, you've taken an interest in how I'm doing in life and what's going on. I know I'm not always one to reach out, but rest assured that I appreciate it when you do. Add that to the fact that you're great members of the league otherwise, and I think you should be really proud of who you are--I hope you're just as amazing in real life as you are online.

@fonziGG, @Dom, and @fromtheinside - There are others for sure, but you two came to mind right away when I tried to think of other people I can reason with behind the scenes. That doesn't (and shouldn't) mean that we always agree on every little thing, but I feel that my point of view is sincerely read and understood with you. And yes, I could probably ping most of the BoG, but I figured I'd stop at a few.

@Dil, @samx, @Zack, @a_Ferk, @Arce, @N0HBDY@jacobcarson877, and I'm sure I'm forgetting many others - thank you for being an absolute joy to interact with on Discord. A lot of the time, I'll write off the league server as an annoying place, but you remind me that there's more to it than that.

@Renomitsu - I've seen you pop in a couple times lately, so I'm sure you'll see this at some point. You've always been one of my favorite members of any league, and along with being reasonable and interesting and really smart, you've never been anything other than nice to me (even though, given how busy your life is, I'm sure there are days when you don't feel like it). 

@NSG - I know we don't really interact much outside of the forums, but the energy you bring to your posts and replies is what the world needs. I don't read as many articles as I used to, but I try to pop into yours when I see them because I know they're going to be interesting. 

@Devise - Thanks for keeping Town of Whatever going lately! With school wrapping up, I didn't have a ton of motivation to do it myself over the past however-much-time, so I really appreciate you stepping in and even going so far as creating your own game. I know I haven't played it yet, but it seems like a fun time!

@Garsh, @Baozi, @frescoelmo, @JeffD@ajwllmsn, and I'm sure some others - thank you for disagreeing with me on one thing or another at some point. The league should never be an echo chamber and I never want to be the one screaming loud enough that others feel afraid to talk. It's also really healthy to consider other viewpoints, and the fact that I'm on good terms with all of you says something about our community's ability to forgive, forget, and accept.

@Quik, @bigAL, @Radcow, @enigmatic, @Cxsquared, @Blazzer, @Brrbisbrr, and so many others who are no longer active and currently escape my mind - I MISS YOU! I hope you see this ping at some point and know that someone here thought of you and placed you in the category of "cool people". I'd love to see you back in it at some point--and even if not, please hit me up and let me know how you're doing.

To anyone else I forgot to ping who appreciates me on some level - thank you for that. Ironically, if you feel left out, that means a lot to me.

And to anyone else - thank you for being you regardless.

id like to say thank you but the fact that you called cereal salad the other day im slightly sad to be on this list. xD. kidding you are fun to be around except when u make false claims about food

5 hours ago, Gustav said:

I don't know how one can put up with being made fun of as much as I chose to make fun of you for a while and still enjoy the company of the bully

I think experts refer to this as the Stockholm syndrom...

14 hours ago, Gustav said:

@fonziGG, @Dom, and @fromtheinside - There are others for sure, but you two came to mind right away when I tried to think of other people I can reason with behind the scenes. That doesn't (and shouldn't) mean that we always agree on every little thing, but I feel that my point of view is sincerely read and understood with you. And yes, I could probably ping most of the BoG, but I figured I'd stop at a few.

Mama I made it!

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Blazzer said:

ayyyy it's Gustav! I appreciate it man, miss u guys so much too 

Hope you're doing well! I was sad to see you go (albeit for all the right reasons, of course--I'm sure life has gotten super busy). Degen hours aren't what they used to be 😤

Just now, Gustav said:

Hope you're doing well! I was sad to see you go (albeit for all the right reasons, of course--I'm sure life has gotten super busy). Degen hours aren't what they used to be 😤

so sorry man, i did just go like that. i am back tho with a new player with a rather familiar name to some