VHLE: Back to Six

Enorama

Well I thought I was going to be a lock for Istanbul, but it looks like that's not happening anymore.

I still would rather just go straight to the pros, though. Getting to the E is like getting to the end of the line at Disney World, only to discover that the line actually keeps going, but at least now you're inside.

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Spartan said:

I think most liked the old Red Wolves branding being re-used in the E after being taken out of the VHL years ago

VHLM*

The Moscow Red Wolves were never in the VHL.

Also at least in part, much like Quebec, blame the terrorist nutjobs. It's not the only reason for Istanbul's removal by any stretch but it certainly didn't help their case.

9 hours ago, Enorama said:

There was never going to be an easy decision here, but between weak branding, short history, and tangential connections to local terrorist groups

One of them is not like the others

Stockholm and Vasteras remain. By deleting the competition, VHLE takes one more step forward to becoming Swedish Hockey League.

I have said it in the past and I will say it again, Swedes are bitter and evil people. When it rains in Sweden all the Swedes go outside and start blowing air towards Finland in the hopes of moving the rain clouds to Finland. Their only goal is to get us - the good people of Finland wet. Yesterday it rained non-stop, and it is once again raining.

Sweden does not deserve two teams.

21 hours ago, Spartan said:

I think most liked the old Red Wolves branding being re-used in the E after being taken out of the VHL years ago. It just didn't fit Istanbul in the first place since there just isn't any actual red wolf connection to Turkey, just like the Rush having no connection to Geneva after being ripped away from Yukon.

Maybe in the future if there's expansion or rebranding of some team either in the VHL or M, there could be an avenue to bring back these old brandings.

Sources say Istanbul has red wolves in the alternate universe that has been created as a product of a 16 year simulation hockey league.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2023 at 8:54 AM, jRuutu said:

Stockholm and Vasteras remain. By deleting the competition, VHLE takes one more step forward to becoming Swedish Hockey League.

I have said it in the past and I will say it again, Swedes are bitter and evil people. When it rains in Sweden all the Swedes go outside and start blowing air towards Finland in the hopes of moving the rain clouds to Finland. Their only goal is to get us - the good people of Finland wet. Yesterday it rained non-stop, and it is once again raining.

Sweden does not deserve two teams.

Ah I have to contain myself so hard not to make NSFW comments on this, that is a layup Ruutu ;)

• 9 months later...
8 hours ago, Banackock said:

ABOLISH

100% always forget Eno is a “commish” but that’s the E for ya 

Agreed, some freak named "Ryan" says he's commish