Helsinki Titans GM Change

STZ

The Helsinki Titans would like to announce a change in management. The current General Manager Vince Wong will be stepping down. His replacement will be William Shaw (Draper).

-----------------

This is a hard decision to make, but it's the right one. As some of you may know in the past year or so I've had some pretty big life changes. My spare time has really cut down, and I'm not confident that I can be the best decision maker for the franchise. Although I'm disappointed I had to cut my tenure so short, the changes that have come have really put things into perspective and made me realize what I should truly be spending my time and focus on.

I plan to be an active member of this community, I just feel that the Titans will be better suited with someone else running it. It just so happens that we have one of the most qualified prospective GM's in our system. I can't express how excited I am to pass the torch onto a member who is so promising like Draper. Goodluck, buddy.

:hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:  :hel:

Sad to see you go (well, don't "go" technically but more like leaving the GM position). It was fun to negotiate with you. Hope Draper will be fun as well !

Edited by boubabi

• Senior Admin

This is quite a bittersweet moment for me. I never thought I would or hoped to become GM under these circumstances, as STZ has been a great manager, teammate, and friend pretty much since the week I joined. 

However, real-life is somewhat important, and  even more so with mini-STZ on the rise. I'm more than happy to carry the torch on behalf of your team:

giphy.gif

Thanks, and may the Titan Trio stand guard for seasons to come. 

That's life Steezy, happens to the best of us. You did build quite the team in your tenure and left plenty to work with. Great job overall brotha.

Congrats Draper, couldn't think of a better man for the job. Other than myself that is. 

You'll do great kid!

tumblr_mcf816QyuP1r5r09n.gif

Well congratulations to you both. To STZ for the way he ran the team up until now and to Draper for the way he has handled himself since joining. Both quality guys(and members) that deserve all the praise they get around here.

Best of luck to both of you.

Life with family is always a grind to maintain at a pace you'd like. Nobody blames you STZ. You built a great core here that Draper can hopefully go forward with and win a cup. Maybe just after Cologne wins one though please? :P 

Either way glad your still sticking around STZ and look forward to seeing what Draper can do at the helm. 

good GM that continued the old Higgins hardballer maneuvers.  hopefully Draper isn't such a pain in my ass :P

in all seriousness, you did a great job with helsinki. had some tough luck with early retirement by svoboda and salo going AWOL, but you've still got a team that has a bright future and a lot of talent.

nice work, vince. glad you're sticking around. looking forward to Draper running Helsinki into the ground :P